6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 17:33:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle's on the beach with his buttoned shirt and shorts and sandals, alongside a bag on his side. within it were the stack of silvally memories, and beside him was a pokemon that somehow looks like it belongs in this biome.

maybe he should've changed his application for 's biome contest and had his silvally participate on it instead.

he arrives on the designated place after stormy, though he made sure he wasn't late. he has his cool shades and his own flavor of charja-cola™ with him though, so he's certain she won't mind that he came second.

"storms," he greets as he approaches, pausing before the next part for dramatic flair, "it's time."

they've been wanting to try it out for a long time now, and the festival was just the perfect opportunity for it. kyle's has the advantage of being more experienced with its signature move, though stormy's has the edge of going outside more.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 17:38:45 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport beach

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
The sand is hot, the beach is clean, the sun is shining, and Kyle's wearing a button-up shirt. Lame.[break][break]

"You're never gonna get a tan like that, chief!"[break][break]

Meanwhile, her Silvally is throwing itself into the sand, kicking up shells and sand and potentially covered up wild Pokemon as it thrashes and flops. It appears to be enjoying itself, however, and eventually rises to its feet to shake off the sand and spray Stormy with it. [break][break]

"Ew! You're getting sand in my bathing suit!"[break][break]

Over her shoulder is her own bag of memories and she pulls one out and holds it similar to how one might hold a frisbee.[break][break]

"Wait-- is that your face on the can? How'd you manage that? Are you a super-star now, or something?"[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...
[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 18:40:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he watches stormy suffer the consequences of wearing a swimsuit in a beach with their silvally out of their pokeball. he doesn't hide the smirk when he watches her and nonchalantly chooses to not address it.

"it's okay. i'm getting a tan eventually anyways since we live on hoenn."

he takes another sip when she finally notices the new flavor of charja-cola. he takes it off of his mouth to look at his face, makes a weird face at himself, and then returns to the earlier vibe he had.

"kinda," he casually answers. "i think my title's kinda a big deal, but that's just a guess."

his silvally remains by his feet, watching curiously as stormy pulls out familiar objects from her bag.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 17:01:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport beach

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"True. True, true, true."[break][break]

Hoenn was literally a tropical region, warm and sunny nearly all year round. The only time it snowed was because some legendary Pokemon was pitching a fit.[break][break]

Stormy holds her attention a moment longer on the picture of Kyle on the can, before bringing her eyes back up to his face.

"Oh, right. I forget we're kinda a big deal. I'm a little jealous, I think. What flavor is that?"[break][break]

Stormy waves the disc back and forth like a fan against her face, exhaling.[break][break]

"Nevermind, I can text you about it later I guess. The people want a battle, right?"[break][break]

At the mention, the woman's Silvally puffs out its chest and prances forward, glancing between Stormy and the other Silvally- and then directly to the frisbeee-disc in her hand. The Pokemon's tail wags from side to side.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 13:41:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he nudges his own pokemon to move forward and away from him. the battle can't start if his pokemon is beside him after all. reluctantly, it follows.

"guess i'm going first."

kyle takes out the fighting memory and throws it out like a frisbee directly at his own silvally. the silvally turns his head and opens its drives in a way that the disk flies directly inside.

"multi-attack."

the chimera shifts in color soon after. it's not too noticeable for anyone who hasn't seen a silvally before, but it is to people who see one every day.

without moving from its spot, it fires a burst of energy around its body and charges straight at the other silvally.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 5:02:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport beach

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy watches Kyle's expert flick of the wrist, watches the disc fly through the air and land perfectly in his Silvally's disc drive. It slides closed, transforms the colour patterns on the chimera Pokemon, and prompts it into an attack.[break][break]

"Hot damn."[break][break]

But when she attempts to replicate these moves, the disc she tosses falls short. It lands in the sand with a plunk and falls just short of the woman's hand-crafted specimen.[break][break]

"Oops."[break][break]

The first multi-attack to be set free is a success, one that brings her Pokemon to its knees. Stormy had meant to play ahead of the game, predict, adapt. But the flying-type disc is laying in the sand and there is an awkward lull in retaliating.[break][break]

"C'mon buddy, we'll try it again!"[break][break]

Stormy runs out onto the field herself, recollecting the disc to toss it again. This time, it catches, and her Silvally's multi-strike bursts with flying-type energy.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 18:43:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the multi-attack connects directly, only to be responded with by a typing that counters the current type that his sylvally has. he kinda likes this game, if he was to be honest with himself.

"change into this first!"

his words gets the silvally to back off after the previous attack hits him, allowing a moment of rest, before ejecting the disk up into the air. kyle tosses one in place of it, which the silvally attempts to catch again.

"multi-attack."

while kyle scrambles to catch the fighting-type memory, the sivally surrounds itself with a similar kind of energy once again. it charges at the other silvally this time, though the aura it has was akin to a more solid rock-type this time.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 23:03:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport beach

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Wait, what? He was already swapping?[break][break]

She supposed that made sense, this was an exercise in learning. What was the point in sticking to just one? [break][break]

With a clicking noise, the other Silvally ejects the disk in order to replace it with a new one. Multi-attack after multi-attack, explosions of incredible power. The crowd is in awe, apparently, given their murmuring and whooping.[break][break]

"Khimaira! We're swapping too! This should help hone your catching skills."[break][break]

Kyle's Silvally's multi-attack rides on his heels, slapping the flying-type right out of him. Another click and the disc is set free, and Stormy tosses a new one into the mix. [break][break]

"This is sorta like rock, paper, scissors, eh? But with more flavours."[break][break]

This time, her Silvally is given a ground-type memory. The following multi-attack acts like fissures beneath the ground, shooting up from beneath the other.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 17:19:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i kinda prefer rock-paper-scissors since that doesn't involve thinking to be honest," he confesses as he takes the next memory from his bag, "but at least we get to test these stuff with this game."

the memory is tossed, and at the same time as the silvally hears the sound of it going airborne, it ejects its own disk. the exchange is made wordlessly, though kyle still has to catch the memory with more effort than his pokemon.

"multi-attack," he repeats as he grabs on the memory.

the silvally tries to get up after the previous attack had his footing disturbed with the shakes on the ground before enveloping itself with a similar energy. water-type was an obvious trait this time, as strong jets of water accompany the attack.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 3:41:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport beach

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Don't think, just throw!"[break][break]

She pulls out several this time, using them like a colourful fan. The ground-type mult-attack disperses, energy whittling down to small vibrations and then nothing. But in a matter of seconds and well-practiced disc-throwing on Kyle's side, the pair retaliate with a water-type version.[break][break]

It strikes true, pushing the Sivally backward. It dampens the ground and he is forced to use his talon-feet to slow him down. [break][break]

"Uhh... this one next. Yeah!"[break][break]

Another exchange, and this one results in a grass-type multi-attack. It sprouts ferns and grass and pretty flowers in the wake of the soggy water.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 15:54:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the multi-attack gives the silvally a bunch of growth all over it, wincing as it backs away.

something just feels nostalgic about seeing grass on sand, like it's some kind of setting in a comfy video game. it distracts kyle for a moment before he snaps out of it and takes out a purple disc from his bag.

"multi-attack again."

the silvally ejects the disk when it hears the command, getting a hang of the game now. it takes in the poison-type memory, and its blue fins now get tinted with a more purple hue.

a burst of toxins contaminate the field in a straight line from the silvally to the other silvally. the previous growth from stormy's silvally now die away, and the same culprit of their murder makes its way to khimaira.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 16:37:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport beach

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
This time, Stormy's Silvally jumps the gun. When Kyle shouts, he ejects his own disc. It flops into the sand as a result of Stormy's poor reflexes, and she darts for it at first instead of thinking of another disc to throw.[break][break]

But the purple in the sand and the wilting flowers draws her attention, and she frisbee-tosses a silver disc into her Pokemon's neck. Immediately, the frills on the side of his neck turn to STEEL and he feels like fifty or fifty-thousand pounds heavier.[break][break]

And the poison splashes harmlessly off of his skin. Once again, he fires off another MULTI-ATTACK.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 16:37:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh."

if stormy can change memories fast enough that she can switch it even before the attack can reach her own silvally, he supposed he can do it as well.

the purple turns to red as his own silvally turns to a fire-type. he won't touch his pokemon, but he can tell that it's starting to grow hot the moment he tossed the memory and it took it.

the opponent's multi-attack melts off from his skin as it retaliates with his own multi-attack.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 17:09:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
slateport beach

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Both sides were picking up the pace, predicting next moves, catching on to cues and signals. [break][break]

This was fun![break][break]

In a blink, the steel-type multi-attack melts off the heat of Kyle's Silvally. Fire bursts from the source, aiming to engulf her own in a torrent of flame. [break][break]

Stormy, too surprised to react, watches as her Silvally succumbs to the heat. It sprints off to the side, throws itself to the ground to roll in the sand, and gets back up just as Stormy is tossing her next one.[break][break]

This one is also fire. Two can play at the hot tamale game.[break][break]

Another, maybe even hotter, MULTI-ATTACK comes his way.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs stormy [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 3:07:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the difference in effects of the fire-type multi-attack from stormy's silvally and his was something he can actually observe. his own silvally, despite resisting the move, was shown to get more hurt than any other type of attacks that weren't super effective before.

he scratches his head. "is your silvally memory, like, version 2.0 or something?" it's the only variable he can think of, besides maybe stormy's status as avatar.

instead of waiting further, he switches memories, which his own silvally launches its own multi-attack. energy accumulates again before it launches something akin to a rock-type move, stone chips and sands accompanying the move.