3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 4:31:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
It isn’t until he speaks that she realizes how uncharacteristically silent she’s been. Oops. She drowns the linger thoughts with a sip, burying them for now. She’d sort through them later. Or not. Burying them would be her preference. She glances up, offering a small smile, “Yeah, sorry,” the second lie, she shakes her head, “Just hungry I think,” she glances at the clock on the wall, expecting the food to arrive shortly. They were normally quite quick.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 4:51:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]doubt casts over his mind at her responses. push too hard and he'll lose her. don't push at all and he'll lose her. the silent debate plays in his mind as he raises his glass for another sip that doesn't quite feel as warm as the last.

in the end, he decides on somewhere in the middle, once again dancing the line.

"i've known you long enough to know when something's off, eva."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:04:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
He catches on. She shouldn’t be surprised. He’s always been able to keep her honest. There’s no doubt he’s the one in Hoenn that knows her best, even better than . Still, she’s defiant, resistant. The small smile does nothing to deter him from pushing. The fragile walls attempting to rebuild shudder, “No, really, I’m fine,” she offers another smile, borderline genuine. In a desperate move she turns it back on him, “Are you okay?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:10:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]when the question's turned back on him, he considers lying, deflecting, because that would be what's easiest. but she knows him better than that. she'd see right through it, if not now, then later.

"i'm not sure."

a pause.

"i don't think so."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:19:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
His honesty surprises her, shocks her really. She mid-sip when he admits it. He’s braver than she is, but that’s always been the case. She lowers the glass slowly, swallowing, looking towards him, “Oh,” Does he battle the same demons? It’s too late to turn back now, so she opens the can of Wurmple, “What’s wrong?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:25:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]another sip, another pause. he's never been one to hide, to shy away from a fight. this is a fight, too, just a different kind.

so he swallows, willing the words out as he turns to meet her.

"you aren't nothing to me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:40:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She watches him from behind a set of curious eyes. She’s not quite sure what to expect. He’s surprised her countless times today, not just in his actions but in the feelings he’s brought to the surface. With everything that’s happened and has been said, she shouldn’t be surprised by his response, but she is. A warmth swells in her chest to hear him say it. Still, there is caution in the gaze that meets his, “That’s dangerous, Matias.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:53:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i've never shied away from danger."

a hand reaches out for hers.

"nor have you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 6:10:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She holds his gaze. The warning is met with frustrating logic. He’s right, of course he is. Giving in and letting herself love him may be the ultimate adrenaline rush but it could also be what ultimately breaks the strength and resolve she’s worked hard to build. A part of it is already crumbling under the weight. She glances down at his hand, knowing that if she takes it, she might find the strength to be honest. He deserves that. So, one hand parts from her glass and slides into his. She’s right, “We’ve just lost so much already . . . I don’t know how much more I could take before it breaks me,” the implication is there, and for the first time he may recognize fear in her eyes.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 6:19:15 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]they have lost so much. somberness washes over the living room as his mind drifts back, remembering kanto, remembering how they fought and clawed just to survive. not all of them made it.

"i don't know either and it...scares me."

admission is difficult but it's the first step. his finger traces along her hand, grounding.

"but you make it less scary. you always have."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 6:36:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She laughs lightly, although it feel inappropriate to do so with such a heavy topic. Maybe it is just an outlet for the tension building in her chest, “It scares me too,” his vulnerability inspires her to return the gesture. It’s hard, but there wasn’t much of a reason not to be with him. She trusted him with her life, her weaknesses were just an extension of that, “It’s strange, you make it scarier,” sure, she found strength in his presence but she also found increased vulnerability. Losing him, again, would be . . . too much.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 6:44:49 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i understand."

scarier — it makes them more vulnerable, more prone to breaking should they ever lose each other. he understands it. but he's always leaned into danger, into the feeling of uncertainty, because he believes he has enough power to control their future. which is ironic, considering kanto.

"but i'll do my best to stay by your side."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 7:08:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The tightness in her chest fades under the gentle caress of his fingers on her hand. It’s amazing what his simple touch could do. She feels a sense of relief sharing some of her fears with him. There’s still a lot unsaid, but it’s a start. Fear still lingers, though. He says he’ll do his best, and she believes him, but she also knows his “best” is reckless and dangerous – just like hers. Her thoughts are interrupted by the doorbell, “I’ll be right back,” she squeezes his hand gently before she gets up to retrieve the food.

After some preparation, she returns with two large bowls of their ramen with chopsticks sticking out of the noodles. She moves slowly, cradling the hot bowls in her arms. She careful not to spill as she sets them down on kitchen tables, “Would you mind grabbing my drink?” she asks, glancing back towards the couch with a small smile.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 7:14:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the doorbell interrupts, drawing separation along with an exhale of a held breath. he leans back, sinking into the couch for moments as thoughts and feelings swirl, much like the drink in his hand.

soon, he hears the door close, hears her footsteps pass by, and hears her voice call out to him. he smiles then, feeling warm.

"sure."

he follows after, setting their glasses down on the table before helping her set up. he chuckles, remembering words from earlier.

"i was hoping it'd smell a bit worse."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bandages
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 7:30:16 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
“Thanks,” her smile grows slightly as sets the drink down and helps prepare. She slides into the seat with her bowl and grins, glancing up at him, “It does smell pretty good, doesn’t it?” she brings the bowl to her lips to sip a bit of the hot broth. It’s spicy, just the way she likes it, “It’s good, looks like you won’t be getting anything out of me,” she teases. Unless he begs, then maybe she’d consider.