awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 20:34:57 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The small little dual type that Sam had picked bounced around tilting her head back and forth as she looked at the top of his ruffled black curls. She moved her talons around in his hair before looking up and over the battle field.

The teams were divided up and the tag battle was about to start. Sam stood on one side with (thank the bot channel for that roll).

He hoped that his teammate didn't mind the fact that he'd just gotten this fletchling not too long ago. She seemed strong enough, and Sam wanted to get a feel for how she battled, so he'd decided to use her this time around.

The referee gave a whistle for them to start and Sam threw his hand out.

"Let's go, fletchling!"

With a twitter, she quickly fluttered over and onto the battlefield before letting out the cutest most intimidating sort of squawk that she could muster.

"Ensure you'll be first hit!"

Sam instructed her, watching as her body began to glow and her feathers ruffled.

notes

fletchling used me first
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 20:59:30 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Tag battle. Hell yeah. LET’S GO!

The doctor stands at the ready across from and and beside her partner, , “Ready to go?!” she smiles eagerly at the young woman beside her. Regardless of Violet’s answer, the blonde tosses her pokeball into the air. The sphere cracks open and the light that cascades down towards the sand forms into the floating, spinning shape of a Minior.

“Alright, MiniZac!” Eva grins with enthusiasm, ready to for another battle, “Take em down!” she points towards the Fletchling that has already ensured itself the first move. Clever. The rock barrels towards the dual-type but it met with the pokemon’s resistance in the form of a mirrored attack back at itself, “Clever!” she compliments, not afraid to show credit where credit is due.

| |

Mini Zac was going to use TAKE DOWN, but Fletchling beats it to it!

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 18:48:47 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
This battle was for the birds. Or for those that defy gravity, in Minior’s case.[break][break]

Ready whenever you are, just say the word.” [break][break]

Standing on one side of the field with , Angelo shoots their opponents ( and ) a grin; competitive energy bristling off him through the ocean breeze like static. Fingers are threaded together and cracked, feet shifting in the sand as a capsule is sent soaring into the sky, releasing another feathered friend in a noisy entrance. [break][break]

You heard ‘em, we're getting the first hit!” Angelo encourages – hints – towards the Chatot. [break][break]

FIRST HIT! FIRST HIT!” Squawks out the parrot, about as irritating as Fletchling’s tweet was cute – aka immensely.[break][break]

Chatot instantly copies its battle companion, MIMIC transforming its feathers with a soft glow, reminiscent of the shine on Fletchling’s body. The bird aiming ME FIRST towards the remaining player on the field – .

[break][break]

+ , , [break]
+ clear: participate in a tag battle.[break][break]

+ chatot used MIMIC to copy fletchling, used ME FIRST on [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
641 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 19:18:58 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Fighting still wasn’t her thing. Not at all. She hat little experience, obviously, and even less when it came to fighting with someone – a stranger at that. But on the other hand, not knowing anyone involved meant that nothing really mattered. Even if she screwed it up, she wouldn’t have to justify a thing to anyone. Probably wouldn’t see any of them again later. “Uh, sure?” she hence replied to the overeager girl, fishing for her own ball. Not knowing what to do to counter these birds, Vio went with the safe option. After all, her Spiritomb didn’t really have a lot of exploitable weaknesses, which made it a good bet for a fight like this that could probably become rather hectic and chaotic later.

Apparently, the boy corner on the other side was super eager about getting first hits or something. Sure, why not. “Nasty Plot,” she ordered her Spiritomb instead. She didn’t really know what these Pokemon were doing, but she figured that plotting a little was the right answer to people being so eager. Worst case, Spiritomb would take a hit. It could take that.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 23:34:58 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Stealing the pokémon's move wasn't something that they could keep using as a tactic... or was it?

Sam glanced toward Angelo and then back toward their birds.

"If we just spam them with me first and mimic, do you think they'd eventually get pissed off and forfeit?"

While her trainer was strategizing, she took it upon herself to let out a growl at the floating piece of ore because wow she was afraid of getting hit full force by that thing!

Her 'me first' take down she'd used on it earlier left her feeling a little winded. The thing was tough! That take down had not been very effective.

fletchling used growl(minizac)

@ , , &
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 16:36:33 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The Chatot copied the Fletchling’s ME FIRST. The mischief made Eva smile. Clever little buggers! It makes her laugh as Spiritomb uses Nasty Plot, so too must the Chatot. Eva’s smile pulls into a grin that she shoots towards , “Don’t underestimate our persistence!” Eva never gave up on anything. She’s a stubborn one and so are her pokemon. Especially this little rock! I mean, look at that exterior! It’s going to be hard to crush through.

The Minior blinks blankly at the small bird as the cutest little growl rumbled through it’s small throat. It’s a little off putting, but it little to deter the pokemon or trainer, “Alright, let’s smack ‘em with Confuse ray! Show em that Growl aint shit!”

MiniZac spins in place, rotating slowly around his core. With every rotation, the movements become quick, more erratic until it’s unpredictable and unsettling. The cracks in its rocky exterior begin to glow, pulsing with rainbow hues. The lights burst forward towards the Fletchling in a dazzling array of colors, seeking to consume and confuse.

| |

MiniZac’s attack is lowered with GROWL!
MiniZac uses CONFUSE RAY to retaliate!

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 13:03:56 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Chatot’s copied Me First fails against ’s Spiritomb… Shit. [break][break]

I think Chatot has that covered on his own,” Angelo responds to his partner as the Chatot screeches, copying parts of Sam’s words (pissed off and spam namely) over and over. [break][break]

Then you better not underestimate my pokemon’s ability to be a pain in the ass,” he counters back to the blonde across the way on a lazy smirk. With a sudden, sharp whistle his parrot flutters through the air towards her Minior. [break][break]

Opening his beak, Chatot lets out a continuous stream of high-pitched, relentless CHATTER. If MiniZac decided that it didn’t quite fancy burying its asteroid body deep into the sand in retreat from the onslaught, then its grating song would surely sent it into a confused craze.

[break][break]

+ , , [break]
+ clear: participate in a tag battle.[break][break]

+ chatot used CHATTER on 's minior [break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
641 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 16:09:43 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“Uh, sure?” she replied with a bit of confusion, unsure as to whether the Confuse Ray comment had been directed at her or at the other’s pokemon. It seemed like the latter. But her Spiritomb had access to that as well. So, it could technically apply to her as well. And why not? Might as well go with the flow, especially since both birds seemed intent on going after the rock, ignoring the ghost. The genius of that strategy did not fully unveil itself to her, given that rock was strong against bird as far as she knew.

But hey, no one was bothering them. So, might as well go for it. “Anyway, yeah, Confuse Ray them all,” she ordered her Spiritomb, kind of uncaring as to whether or not that hit her ally. It was a confusing experience after all. Friendly fire was not completely unexpected then.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 17:42:21 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon fletchling"]

The confuse ray hit fletchling. That array of colors had the poor little bird looking a little ... well, confused.

There had been no hope of dodging it. The hit caused her to ruffle her wings and give an annoyed tweet before taking into the air, an attempt at an attack.

"Again, but switch targets!"

That me first strategy likely wouldn't last long, but if Sam could get it out while he could, and at least try to counter the moves before they happened the maybe they could get an upper hand before unleashing a few razor winds.

notes fletchling is confused.
jHXM1omP

1-50, successful attack
51-100 self-damage
if successful fletchling uses me first on spiritomb; the next move spiritomb uses will be used against it by fletchling
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 16:49:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A grin pulls across her pink lips at , “A challenge! I like it!” to emphasize, a fist pumps into the air in delight, “Now you’re speaking my language!” Eva never backs down from a good fight.

The CONFUSE RAY flashes across the field in an array of brilliant colors. On the other side, the Fletchling seems confused and disoriented. Vio’s Spiritomb follows suit and blasts a CONFUSE RAY in all directions. On top of that, the Chatot persistently CHATTERS in a way that crawls its way into the meteor through cracks and crevices. Soon, all the pokemon on the field would be confused and disoriented, “Welp, this just got even more interesting!” Eva laughs, watching the Minior topple through the air erratically.

“Hey! MiniZac! Over here, buddy,” she claps her hand,s trying to get its attention, “Try and wack ‘em with a SWIFT!” It understands the words, but that’s no indication to Eva that it actually did. MiniZac is seeing . . . well, lots of different things, including about four Fletchling. A series of yellow stars buzz out from the cracks of the Minior’s armor, hoping to land on their mark but who knows.

| |

MiniZac’s is CONFUSED!
MiniZac uses SWIFT!
1-50 = Successful Attack
51-100 = Self-damage

w9Duxgch

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 11:51:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Not even Chatot’s keen eye ability will help him when he’s got his beak buried in the sand, dizzy from confusion. [break][break]

Now’s not the time for a nap, bud. You’re not a Night Noctowl.” Angelo calls out, before putting an index finger and thumb in his mouth, whistling sharply to get some of the parrot’s attention. It seems to do the trick, considering it flutters back into the skies, wobbling like its had too many fermented berries. [break][break]

Taunt that Spiritomb. You can manage that.” Confidence in his Chatot’s ability to be an annoying little shit might be wasted in this situation however, as the bird aims a wonky gaze towards ’s Spiritomb with TAUNT… [break][break]

qPD35jni[break]
1-50 = Successful Attack[break]
51-100 = Self-damage

[break][break]

+ , , [break]
+ clear: participate in a tag battle.[break]
+ clear: confusion endeavour[break][break]

+ chatot is confused[break]
+ chatot uses TAUNT on SPIRITOMB [break][break]

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
641 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 20:21:52 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
So, everyone was confused now. Was that the point of it all? Yay, now everyone was handycapped. Violet rolled her eyes at her partner, who was apparently really, really engrossed by this. “Just punch something,” she ordered her Spiritomb instead, which swiftly went on to extend from its jar towards the Chatot, which decided to taunt it of all things. Not that Spiritomb needed that nudge in that moment, but it still was affected by it anyway. And the confusion, of course.

Td3nu1U0

But it managed to keep a clear head – which was good, since the Pokemon was little more than a ghastly head in a lot of ways. Either way, it was going at the Chatot, swift and mercilessly, even if someone else was trying to get in-between.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 16:47:22 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon fletchling"]

Luckily, their attack pulled through. Even amidst the chaos of confusion, his fletchling shows promise and pulls out that me first before the spiritomb, taking its priority move of sucker punch and using it against the spiritomb.

Although, that living meteorite tried its hardest to get a swift out, it seemed to have hurt itself more than the rest of them, and their side seems safe from the damage dealt.

"So far so good," Sam whispers mostly to himself, then cups his hands over his mouth to try and single out his voice to his fletchling. "Again, switch targets!"

The process is easy enough, but the fletchling once again uses her me first. But this time, it's against the minior.

fletchling's me first became sucker punch against spiritomb
fletchling is confused
ReI6TCZe
fletchling attempts to uses me first on minizac
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 18:52:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Instead of the SWIFT rushing forward towards the four Fletchling, the Minior’s attack swirled around itself. Sharp stars strike hard against his cracked shell. They seem to worsen he cracks ever so slightly. Eva sighs, shaking her head, “It’s alright, Little Man, focus and we’ll try again. Reeeeeeally focus on ‘em, ok?” She tries to be encouraging but she’s unsure if her words are even making it past the haze of confusion that clouds the pokemon’s mind.

Eva is, in fact, correct. The words don’t penetrate the confusion masking the Minior’s mind. The meteorite rolls in the air, lifting itself in preparation of a TAKE DOWN. Instead of flying forward towards the opponents, MiniZac flies backwards. Right at Eva.

“Oh!” she squeaks in surprise, dropping to the sand to narrowly miss the Minior taking her head off. She looks back just in time to see the Minior crash into the edge of some wooden stands. The wood splinters and stabs into the sand where the Minior crashes. Thankfully, it was just a little knick. The spectators mumble uncomfortably as the wooden frame sways but it continues to hold steady, “Uh . . . Sorry!” Eva calls out apologetically.

| |

MiniZac’s is CONFUSED!
MiniZac uses TAKE DOWN!
Not rolling because I want it to damage the environment (endeavor) -thumbs up-

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
confuse party [ H✩T ]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 17:34:36 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Unfortunately, Chaot had been readying an attack move, so the Spiritomb’s SUCKER PUNCH hits its mark. The parrot spirals after being smacked by the ghost’s energy arms(?), fighting to right itself in its dizzy spell before releasing the HYPER VOICE that it had been readying in its throat. [break][break]

Little man! Little man!” It screeches towards MiniZac, copying at it sways in midair, before drunkenly managing to flutter itself upright. [break][break]

This is something…” Angelo comments with a lazy smile and rubbing at the back of his neck with a calloused hand; an eyebrow raised in amusement. “Just a little longer, Chatot! Hang in there, buddy.
[break][break]

g_TX7PuQ[break]
1-50 = Successful Attack[break]
51-100 = Self-damage

[break][break]

+ , , [break]
+ clear: participate in a tag battle.[break]
+ clear: confusion endeavour[break][break]

+ chatot is confused[break]
+ chatot uses HYPER VOICE on MINIOR [break][break]