awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
copycat hidden in the leaves [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 10:11:23 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Stepping inside Petalburg Woods where he was to await his partner, Derek had started to look and listen around for any sign of the Mr. Mime that'd been imitating trainers by doing battle by commanding other pokemon. While the idea of it seemed to humor him greatly, the kid back in Petalburg city who was crying about his stolen Eevee quickly made Derek think differently on the matter.

The woods were quiet and peaceful when he stepped in. It was just like he remembered it, minus the tale of psychic pokemon causing the locals grief. Hoping to make quick work of them, the trainer was glad to see the silhouette of another making their way into Petalburg Woods. "Yo." Derek offers in greeting, wondering what kind of person they were. Getting along wasn't a must, but it was certainly nice working without looming tension in the air.

| mission 1/5
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 14:24:53 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
[attr="class","foreign"]
[attr="class","dust"]
[attr="class","gold"]
[attr="class","gold"]words
[attr="class","gold"]notes
ulla
[attr="class","sun"]One by One
I'm addicted to the panic
At this rate Amor was starting to think he might as well become an official ranger if for no other reason than to make use of the benefits that they had. As it stood though that was just wishful thinking because he was going to be much to busy soon, and preoccupied with other things. So he was fine with helping out the occasional other ranger in need whenever the mood struck him. Walter had informed him of a mission posting earlier that morning, and asked if he wanted to take it. Reading it, Amor thought it would amuse him for a little while so he did, and flew through the sky on the back of Draco. It didn't take long for them to reach Petalburg Woods where the source of the strangeness was. Keeping his Dragonite out he wandered towards the main entrance of the forest, and that is when he saw someone waiting there.

They weren't particularly impressive looking, but most Rangers, and League officials weren't in his opinion. Still there was no need to be unpleasant, stepping up his partner for this mission he smiled at him in his normal charming way, and held out his hand.

"I'm gonna guess, you're the one I'm to be working with today. Sorry if I'm a tad late, we landed a little further into the forest." Whether the other one shook his hand, or not didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, Amor was trying to be polite as he was taught to be. Dressed in black cargo shorts, and a matching black t-shirt, it was a farcry from his normal suit, but it would work for today. "So I saw the bare bones details...But aside from that, what are we after exactly?" Amor quirked a brow. The mission briefing, as with most like this, weren't incredibly packed with useful information.

[newclass=.gold]background-color:#fff;padding:2px;border-left:#9463c9 10px solid;font-family:century gothic;font-size:10px;color:#693a9b;width:120px;margin-top:10px;opacity:0;transition: 1s all;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(1); filter: grayscale(1);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .dust]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .gold]opacity:1;transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign:hover .sun]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0); filter: grayscale(0);transition: 1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#fff;width:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.foreign ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#666;width:1px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=La Belle Aurore]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 18:48:36 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah, that would be me." Derek answers while taking the hand extended to him, giving it a firm, brief shake before letting go.

The question posed to him gave the impression they didn't pay much attention. Which wasn't really a bad thing. It just meant he was probably more fixated on making money than specifically picking out something he wanted to help with, or knew he could.

Not that missions were ever really that challenging enough to deter people from having a go at them.

"A Mr. Mime stole pokemon from local trainers and those passing through. It wants to be a trainer itself, and is challenging any trainers that cross their path." Gesturing with his hand for them to follow, they'd proceed further in on foot, tracking down the perpetrator as best they could. Derek had enough leads to go on, as well as his own intuition guiding him.

"The last kid that came through said the Mr. Mime was right in the middle of the woods. After beating them, he stole their Eevee. Heard he still hasn't stopped crying yet" Regardless of how amused he was with the notion of doing battle with a pokemon as a trainer, particularly a psychic type, Derek pushed those thoughts aside. They were going to return that kid's Eevee, and the rest of the stolen pokemon. No. Matter. What.

| 2/5