6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 1:36:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they're both down five pokemon each now. why he accepted a six v six was uncertain since it was just a spur of the moment decision. long battles weren't for him, but he wouldn't discount the fact that it's been fun considering things.

he recalls his dragalge back to its ball as the dragon-type falls down from the previous attack. in its stead, kyle takes out a pokeball and releases his lycanroc.

"finally getting to the end, huh?" he says, trying to make small talk in a casual battle. "you collecting badges?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 1:58:07 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Yeah, slowly. Scheduling's a #@^%, though. I should definitely have more..." At least he liked to think so.

There were just too many trainers wanting to have a go at the League Gym Challenge, and not enough time and crayons to sift through and sort them out. Separating the wheat from the chaff happened more during the scheduling process than anywhere else, or so he felt.

That and Adrian operated on his own time.

As for their battle, Starmie collapsed after downing the Dragalge, immediately succumbing to the staggered lethality of their poison. A Perrserker now stood steady at the fore, brandishing its claws. "Fake them out."

It was usually a strong move to lead with, but considering the match up, Adrian wasn't expecting much.

"I wonder what the trophy looks like." Although he'd likely never get to hold it, catching a glimpse of it ought to be worth the drudgery of battling through all the opposition.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 2:35:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he sees his opponent's pokemon. advantage in the battle wasn't theirs, but he can work around it, he supposed. he thinks up of an opening act, only to be distracted by the turn of events.

"zeke, use-"

the fake out catches the lycanroc offguard. it's hype from getting into battle dies as it's interrupted by the move, flinching at it and stopping at its tracks.

"oh."

he pauses, waiting for his lycanroc to get its act together from its daze before giving it another command. in the mean time, he continues small talk.

"what trophy? for the tournament?" he asks to clarify. "or do you mean the league championship one?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 2:42:49 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"This tournament, in particular."

With several regions pitching into the event, it had to be a damn nice trophy. He went green with envy at the idea of anyone else receiving it. Too bad he wasn't in the running.

Dammit. Now he'd bummed himself out.

With the battle still underway, Perrserker made an obscene gesture at the Lycanroc, instigating its attack with a TAUNTing flourish of its clawed hands. Come at me.

"Probably worth a fortune, as well."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 3:08:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the lycanroc takes the taunt. in a fit of rage, it stomps on the ground and releases stone edges from the ground, jutting from his foot and extending towards the perrserker

"if it's like the last time, it shouldn't be anything that looks nice, i think."

his perception of what's nice in a trophy or not differs from what usually was considered good. monetary value also escapes him as his interest in it dwindles with the increase in salary he gets from the league.

"can you even sell trophies?" he asks, having not thought of it before. "i thought most of them are just cheap metals painted with gold?"

his last experience with them was during a spelling bee or something from his childhood.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 3:28:01 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
By virtue of its IRON DEFENSE, Perrserker withstands the onslaught of stone, carving through them as they erupted from the ground in frenzied aggression.

"Real trophies aren't just painted pewter, Kyle. You're thinking of midget league baseball."

Was he speaking from experience? Maybe.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 3:49:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
when the previous attack doesn't work, the lycanroc continues his onslaught. another stomp on the ground causes the earth to shake. an eruption happens from underneath the perrserker as a display of earth power, blowing his opponent up from another angle.

"well, it's not like i've won a lot of things before." he stretches his arms upward as the lull of staying up outside for the majority of the day catches up to him. "have you won trophies before?"

most of his achievement were cemented on verdanturf's local arcades and the internet's leaderboards, though most of them are under a name that probably won't link back to him.

adrian's a musician though. maybe there were some? he's not entirely sure how it works in their industry though outside of lists for the most popular music he can look up online.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 5:17:41 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"No, but they're not all painted pewter knick-knacks." He wasn't going to try and pass off his medal from a Tough Contest as a trophy, but he'd almost wanted to.

Wait, shit, Perrserk—

But the damage had been done. Godammit.

Keep your head in the game, man, he scolded himself while watching Perrserker struggle without instruction. After a few moments of apprehension, it lurched towards the Lycanroc, pile driving its head towards its gut and closing the gap between them. Not the greatest play to make, though they were short on options.

"Pretty sure I lose this one." It was mostly observation at this point, though there was nary a hint of uncertainty.

Perrserker used Iron Head
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 16:19:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle doesn't have much to say about adrian admitting defeat. he'd cheer him up or something like that, but he has something else in mind when he sees his perrserker moving predictably towards his lycanroc.

"yeah, yeah, watch this though." he whistles for his lycanroc's attenton, though it still seems agitated from the earlier taunt to give kyle any kind of response. "full counter!"

the lycanroc takes the attack, legs digging into the sand as it endures the super-effective hit. a hand holds the perrserker on its head as it instinctively tries to get it off while the other hand is raised up.

the counter takes into effect as a punch from the lycanroc delivers the reflected hit, with double the power, back to the perrserker.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 23:08:12 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"What, no head flinch?" Not that he'd actually expected it to work, but he lamented it all the same. Perrserker had what might've been a concussion from the blowback, knocked to the ground where it lie limply from the jarring blow. Well if I wasn't already sure, I am now.

But Perrserker refused to relent so easily, taking a moment to reach out for Lycanroc's dug in ankles, metal claws retracted as it clenched around the joint and dug in its nails, before then attempting to unleash them in a sudden flash of iron. Despite its persistence, its movements lacked backbone as it feebly trembled against its constraints to continue fighting. But he admired its steely spirit.

Perrserker used Metal Claw
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 19:21:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
anger seethes through the lycanroc's teeth when sharp claws pierce through its legs. its usual calm demeanor gets lost with every moment.

with the taunt still in effect, the lycanroc sees all of the perrserker's actions as an excuse to hit it. when it comes back for a final strike, it goes all in with a reversal, dealing a heavy blow over its head and pummeling it to the ground.

kyle readies a pokeball to recall his own pokemon as soon as the battle ends since he sees it starting to ignore its own injuries.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 20:49:03 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
The last blow made him cringe. Oof.

Its respective pokeball was quickly plucked from Adrian's belt, primed and triggered to siphon his Perrserker from off the field before more harm could befall it. Normally he wouldn't mind letting his pokemon run themselves ragged, but this was something different; it was futile. Pointless.

They didn't stand to gain much, but risked way more.

"Well, I guess that's all she wrote." With the match called there, he supposed Kyle might have some free time on his hands. "You due to your next match soon, Kyle?"

Perrserker fainted and was withdrawn
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 2:31:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle recalls his pokemon almost immediately as soon as adrian recalls his. he's going to need to get back to the pokemon center soon anyways for the rest of his team, so he might as well get his pokemon a rest.

"i'm going to visit the pokemon center first, and then maybe go for more? i'm not sure. my schedule is pretty open for the rest of the day."

he tries to think of an itinerary after the pokemon center trip, but cannot make something up for himself. he'll just figure it out along the way, he supposed.

"how about you? are you going all-in on this tournament?" he asks.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 23:25:27 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I'm trying to." Just like he was trying with the badges. It all left a sour taste in his mouth and filled him with malcontent for himself. Whatever. "Well, I was gonna suggest a drink; but I won't keep you from it." I need to go find Rowan, anyways, he thought with a pout.

Adrian stalks towards Kyle's side of the field, partly because it's where he's heading, but there is another purpose as he extends an open palm out to Kyle:

"Thanks for the match, Champ." The smile was slanted and teeth were bared in what could've been a grimace; Adrian was hardly the sort to lose with grace, but he was trying. After all, who would've expected him to win?
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs adrian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 7:12:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"thank you, too!" he returns.

he takes his hand and gives a very firm, professional handshake. maybe it's practice for any other official appearance that needed his title, and it was awkward to practice it alone or with the same person multiple times.

"er, i might take that offer instead then," he says awkwardly. "knowing myself, i'd probably keep taking matches and burn out soon. break... yeah, i need a break."

he starts to follow adrian and walk to the direction he was going. "what's the place like?" he inquires.