saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 8:34:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]once unused and empty, the upstairs of his two-story beachside house has been turned into a gym. with padded floors, various gym machinery, and a wide mirror that stretches across the wall, it's where matias finds himself today.

music blares, almost drowning out the sound of the doorbell. matias pauses, forced to step away in the middle of a set. with a sigh, he rushes down the steps, approaching the door. he speaks even before the door's fully open.

"yeah?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 8:58:46 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Sagira stood on the porch, eyes staring ahead at the door in front of her, almost unblinking. It’d been a long journey. There had been a lot of commitment made on a leap of faith. Her heart tried to jump up her throat, and felt like it stopped suddenly as the latch clicked.

The door swung open, and his voice came before his face, still echoing that of a child she'd once known, despite its aged depth.

Then, there he was. Almost like a dream.

“Matias.”

Eyes searched his, face unsure what to do, and maybe looking a little stunned by the closeness of him.

Thank you for being alive.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 9:16:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]beads of sweat roll down as recognition hits. matias blinks, clearly caught off guard.

"sage?"

a myriad of emotions run through him: confusion, denial, but ultimately, acceptance —

he reaches out, embracing her.

thank you for being alive.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 9:54:25 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Sweat dripped onto her skin and she was unbothered, allowing the embrace, and then only holding tighter when the initial shock began to pass. She didn’t want to let him go.

Breathing into his shoulder, her words were few for the moment, and muffled.

“It’s been so long.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 10:18:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it's difficult to let go — he had done it once before under very different circumstances, but even now, in the relative safety of his own home, pulling away is the last thing he wants to do.

"it has."

he exhales, holding her tighter.

her presence is unexpected and so the next question is only natural:

"are you okay?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 6:33:40 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
As they held each other tight, she gave one more sigh into his skin before pulling away lightly.

“I’m fine.”

Hands went up to hold either side of his face and look him in the eyes, smiling through lost years. He had not gotten any less handsome.

“And look at you. You’re okay too.”

Well. Presumably; with all things considered. Hoenn was fucked.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 7:01:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]exhaling, he pulls away slightly to peer down into her eyes. he nods, a gentle smile breaking on his expression.

"i'm okay."

better than he had been, that's for sure.

cool air flows past them, almost inviting. he reaches a hand up to hers, then gestures behind him.

"would you like to come in?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 7:32:31 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
His confirmation drew a further steadiness to her smile, like the tightening of a tentative seam. She removed her hands from his face to clasp the one he’d raised with both, winding fingers together.

“I’m so glad to see you in one piece, Matias.” Her head shook only to break up the mind-numbingly cozy fog of relief.

It could be the two of them again.

“Of course. Give me a tour.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 7:57:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]perhaps too caught up in the moment, he misses the tells that might've spared them both. instead, their fingers intertwine as he leads her into his home.

"you don't look half bad either, sage."

she looks the same as when he last saw her: beautiful, rested, as if somehow unaffected by the past. that's more than he can say for others.

he stops by the counter in the kitchen for a remote, and after a push of a button, the music from above stops blaring.

"kitchen, living room, beach right outside. there's also a gym upstairs."

he points across the space that once looked bare but has since become more lived in for one reason only. his hand slips away as he approaches the fridge.

"you thirsty?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 9:37:39 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Not half bad would do. She beamed at him as he led her in. “Thanks.” 

The music hadn’t bothered her. She’d been entirely too distracted by him, but when it cut off, the air between seemed to thin. Breathing was easier, if only just so.

“Living large now, huh?”

Her hand gave his own a squeeze. She was happy for him. When it left her grasp, she felt her heart bob lightly, somewhere too deep in her chest.

“Sure! Water’s good. You know.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 9:50:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"yeah it's a little too large at times. makes the place feel empty, you know?"

he reaches into one of the cupboards for two glasses, placing them on the counter before pouring them water out of a jug from the fridge. he slides one over to her, smiling as he leans against the cool marble, still calming down from his workout.

"it's good to see you, sage. i mean it."

but why is she here?

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 12:00:05 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
She answered honestly. They’d known each other from such a young age, that there was little truth she didn’t naturally give him. “I could see that.”

“Still, really nice.”

Taking the glass, she mirrored across from him, leaning on marble as well. Hearing that he was glad to see her felt like a blanket after a long night in the cold. Years, even.

She was still beaming, but eventually her eyes began to search his, as though pre-emptively attempting to decide what his reaction might be.

Here goes.

“I re-enlisted. Here, in Hoenn.”

To be with you.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 13:25:46 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it is really nice — after a quick glance around the space, he nods, agreeing. he has it much better than he probably deserves, or at least that's what he believes.

he raises the glass to sip, lowering it back to the counter after.

after all they've been through, assuming her words to be anything but a joke would've been misplaced. naive, even. but there is genuineness in her eyes; he sees it. he always has.

so his expression falters for a moment, allowing remnants of confusion, hope, and guilt to slip through as he mutters:

"you did?"

why?

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 22:12:36 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
As well as she knew him, he was unreadable in that moment.

She let the water sit on the counter. It couldn’t possibly quell the thirst that lingered. Love had been a barren desert without him.

“I wanted to be with you. It never feels right when I’m not by your side.”

Taking a leap, and never thinking for a second that she’d trip, she reached a hand across the counter for his again.

“I’ll fight with you to the end, Matias. I’ve learned that I can’t bring myself to do anything else.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
two ghosts
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 4:50:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]perhaps in an attempt to hold onto the past, he allows her hand to find his again. it does little to allay conflict.

"you're making a mistake, sage."

for once, he is speechless.

"i..."

i can't be with you.

[attr="class","noodles"]