1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 3:54:39 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer was not totally sure how she wound up in this predicament, where she was boarding a yacht to go into the middle of the ocean with none other than her nuisance of a brother. She blamed the summer heat for melting her brain like ice cream... and the promise of money ringing in her ears. She had nearly stomped her foot down and said no, but the words flowed so sweetly from Knox's mouth that she couldn't resist.

She heaved a sigh, tugging the sheer white cover up over her shoulders as she padded on the boat. Normally, she'd have Surtur or one of her other Pokemon out to enjoy the day with her.

Surtur would literally make this heat ten times worse, and she was concerned Frigg and Loki would melt away if she let them out. So, she was stuck with her brother's presence alone, having to hear his rambling and whatever idiotic ideas he had to share today.

"I'm going to say this once, Knox," Summer said, turning on her heel and pointing a polished finger at him. "Keep the chatter to a minimum. I'm already being nice enough. Don't make me throw you off the yacht." Knox should know at this point she would absolutely do it too.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 21:17:07 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
he's been nearly a week clean, though not of his own volition. traipsing through the countryside because he had no money for a flying taxi had been taxing on him (ha). he'd had to stow away on a stinking pokemon cargo ship to get to slateport in the first place. and here was summer, ungrateful as ever, refusing to see the hard work and sweat he'd put into seeing his big sis. 

he sports wide-rimmed golden sunglasses (gaudy, and ten pokedollars from slateport's bustling market), a trim suit, and a too-big tank top on his bony torso. bruises, albeit light, smatter the side of his arm. 

the yacht's just out by the shoreline. far enough to get away from the raucousness of the trade city, close enough to get to shore if the waters get too rocky. 

unlike summer, his own pokemon are enjoying the day. all of them either lounge on deck with him, or circle the yacht and rock it gently with their play. 

knox sips at a pina colada and looks above his shades at summer, one brow raised. he stares at her a moment and then gives her the finger. and then he pushes his glasses back up and goes back to his lounging. 

"nothing to complain about, sister mine. i'm just glad you had the sense not to dismiss the staff. now, am i to drink alone?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 0:18:25 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
The rocking of the yacht made her stomach lurch, causing Summer to throw an annoyed glare at Knox's wild Pokemon leaping about the ship. She clenched her jaw, thinking for a moment whether or not she wanted to cause more chaos with her own taking their fun down a notch or two.

Her brother's voice brought her back to reality, and she huffed, looking at the chair that was placed close beside him. Pulling it a bit further away, she pulled off her cover up and folded it neatly on the back of her lounge chair, revealing a white two piece with purple, orange, and pink vertical striping on both pieces.

Beckoning a worker over, she ordered a drink and was quickly offered the frozen margarita to her before she could get impatient.

"Why exactly did you want to spend time on a yacht in the middle of the sea with me? You know you have no where to run except overboard," Summer pointed out, stirring her drink before sipping it through the glass straw. "Don't tell me you want to see dear daddy again. Thinking about asking for money?" She cocked a white brow at him, smirking almost knowingly.

Feeling the boat rock again, Summer huffed, reaching over to release all three of her Pokemon. She gave Surtur a knowing look before jerking her head to the back of the boat. Frigg and Loki seemed almost uninterested, opting to stay close to her legs on the chair.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 19:38:07 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
surtur, quite frankly, is a force to be reckoned with. and perhaps that's what influenced knox to take up the mantel of becoming a water-type trainer in the first place. his body may burn with heat waves that could startle most, but his water pokemon pay him no mind at the far reaches of the boat. 

mirror, to add insult to injury, even places a protective safeguard around the playing pokemon so if he did think about attempting to scorch some of the smaller ones, he couldn't.

meanwhile, summer hands him the segue on a silver platter. he doesn't even bother getting indignant - that this is all he could possibly be here for (after all, he is). 

"now why would i need to see the old man when i have you, my loving sister?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:31:53 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Surtur gave an annoyed snort when Mirror put up his little shield, opting to stalk back a few paces before plopping down and staring ahead at them menacingly. A challenge, if anything.

Summer listened to her brother, snorting as she lifted her arms up to open the umbrella sitting to her side to give her more shade. She slathered some sunscreen on her pristine skin. "Yeah? So what do you want from me then?"

She didn't trust him to not want anything from her or her father. It almost seemed like any time he came near them, he was asking for something for his own benefit. That wasn't the way Summer worked, either.

She sipped from her straw again, raising her brows from behind her shades. "I can't imagine you actually desiring spending time with me. We all know how that ended last time."

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:06:46 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
the one thing that has always puzzled knox is captain's incessant love for his sister, and her toleration for her. the pikachu drops down from the foot of his own lounge chair and moseys up to summer, ears drooping as she looks for affection. knox rolls his eyes. 

"it's not obvious, red?" he takes a languid sip from his drink. she just wants you to say it. she wants you to ask. so she can say no and laugh and order him swim back to shore. he shudders at the memory of last time, before mirror had evolved, when she'd thrown him overboard in that storm. 

she might relent. might. but only if he can give her something in return. and considering she doesn't think much of him, it's not easy to offer something she wants.

"but for now, let's just relax, enjoy each other's company." he snaps his fingers. "another, please," he crows while giving his empty cocktail a shake.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:07:10 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
It was a shame that Knox seemed to know her all too well. He was skirting around Summer's question, but it was fine. For now.

She glanced down at his Pikachu as she hopped over to her, giving her the "please pet me, I've been a good girl" eyes that she always fell victim too. Trying to seem annoyed, but failing just a little bit, Summer leaned down and picked Captain up, giving her a few long nice strokes in her arms. This got Loki's attention, who seemed interested in trying to play with the Pikachu.

Knox was already about to knock back his second drink. Summer snorted, sipping hers with one hand awkwardly since Captain was occupying her arms. "Careful to not get too messed up, Blue," she shot back, electing to use his alias as well.

She closed her eyes for a moment, sighing. "What's up with your arms? I thought you were going to take a step away from those things," she asked, obviously not afraid to step on the subject.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:42:13 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
"ah, if only i could," he says wistfully as he takes the drink from his attendant's hands. gods, even the attendants don't even want to wait on me, he thinks with chagrin after the exchange. on the flip side, it is quite funny to see just how much of a fuck-up his family seems to think he is.

he readjusts the glasses on his face (they keep sliding down his nose) and he goes back to reading. he takes intermittent sips, wishing for powder instead, while captain betrays him and schmoozes with the devil.

he doesn't bat an eye when she brings up his using. they've been down this road before. a circuit that loops infinitely, round and round itself, because she's not asking because she cares (right?).

he stretches in response and gives her the side-eye. "we don't talk for nearly a year after pops kicks me out of our oh-so-functional, happy family and now you're worried about me?" he laughs. and because he wants to be mean, he nonchalantly adds, "i see the stress has been getting to you these days. might want a skinny margarita instead - these pina coladas have quite the calories."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:38:20 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer opened her mouth to reply, to hint that maybe she cared for once. In a... very Summer way of course. Sort of like "yes, you're a huge idiot, and I'll kill you before that does" or something along those lines. Because the number of bruises were sort of frightening to see on someone who wasn't a customer to her family's laundering business.

However, Knox seemed to have more to say before she could get the words out, and any of that potential sisterly care slipped away.

Her drink shattered in her hand, scaring poor Captain and startling her own Pokemon laying by her legs. Surtur's head whipped around toward her, noticing the dark look on her face as she glared at her brother. Blood and the frozen margarita dripped down her hand, and she threw the shards of glass she held onto the side of the deck, away from her.

"You made me spill my drink. And scare Captain. How dare you," she bit out, letting the Pikachu down and standing up so she could wipe her hand away. The staff were all over her like flies, and she was quick to swat them away, snapping at them to back off. She could handle herself.

"Does Father even know you're on his yacht? Should I give him a call? Let him know his dear boy is strolling along with his big sister?" Summer threw the bloody towel at him, hand grabbing her phone. "He'd be thrilled, right?" Her pale brow lifted challengingly. "What do you want, Blue? A peaceful day on the boat or a long chat with old pops?"

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 19:35:32 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
if he were a better person, he may have felt bad about it. but instead he looks at the glass littered on the ground and the way her muscles are tensed like she may jump him at any moment. knowing summer, she probably has some sort of knife hidden somewhere in that skimpy bikini of hers. 

"you did that yourself, red," he says with a laugh. 

captain shakes out her fur and scampers back up to knox's chair. she licks her fingers and goes to groom her fur, tail twitching with annoyance. knox looks down at her and nudges her with his toes affectionately. she turns away from him. he sighs.

"i thought we were having a rather nice time. you're the one who told me to shut the fuck up, remember?" he tosses aside the magazine he'd been attempting to read. the attendants leave summer alone, but they do scrub the glass and blood off of the deck.

knox sheds his outerwear, leaving his swim briefs on, and dives into the pool. she won't call their father. he'd be disappointed in her that she even entertained him for this long. 

so he lets her cool off by removing himself from the situation. 
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 21:16:09 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
He's laughing at her. Oh my god, he's fucking laughing at her! Her teeth clench, as does her uninjured fist, and Surtur is about to come stomping over when she holds her hand out to tell him to stop. No, she's not going to let him get to her.

The phone rested abandoned on her chair, absorbing heat. How did Knox seem to best her every single time? She walked away from him to tend to her hand, Frigg following as a calming presence while Surtur stood nearby to protect her. Because that was what he was dedicated to.

However, Loki looked between her trainer and Knox, grabbing a feathered toy that was resting on the deck. She hopped off the chair, her little paws carrying her to the edge of the pool where she waited, her toy like a peace offering. Of course, she knew her trainer was upset, but she knew inherently that there was a connection between these two, right?

Sometimes, Summer was surprised by how smart the Nickit was. She sighed, wrapping her hand up tightly and letting Loki do as she pleased. She needed a few more minutes so she didn't try to murder her brother or throw him overboard.

If she did, he'd only go back to doing something stupid.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 0:49:27 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
his arms itch and it's not because of a sunburn (spf 70, baby), but he resists every impulse to scratch them. he dips his arms in the water instead, letting that soothe his pain. and he lets his thoughts wander. 

the rest of his pokemon are in the ocean itself, enjoying the waves that break against the yacht. knox's greninja, however, floats on an inner tube in the pool, chin tucked into his oversized tongue, eyes half-closed. he kicks his feet a bit until he bumps into knox, pulling the boy from his thoughts and towards the edge of the pool.

now, knox doesn't hate summer's pokemon as much as she his. after all, they can't help that their trainer is a witch. but he's not about to jump through hoops as her nickit attempts to repair a bond that's been tattered more years than it's been alive. 

caspian chuckles at the look on his face.

he doesn't dare splash the thing with water, regardless of his annoyance, or his ass wound end up over the boat before he could say fuck

he sighs. "so much for easy breezy, no strings attached. should've known she'd put me through the ringer." caspian blinks an amphibious eye and shrugs.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 21:00:32 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Of course Loki didn't understand like Surtur and Frigg did. She was the newest to the group, the youngest one too, and she was the most playful one to boot. So when Knox denied her gift by just giving her a look and not reacting to her at all, it practically broke the poor Nickit's heart because she was so used to getting her way.

She let out a pathetic sounding whimper and nudged the toy one more time before taking it back in her mouth and walking away to her trainer. Where she knew she'd get cuddles and loving.

Summer pitied poor Loki, but she couldn't explain everything to her. She wouldn't understand. She was a Pokemon, after all. So, she resulted to picking her up and giving her some scratches and a few treats before getting back up.

Her hand was bandaged and cleaned, and her nerves had simmered down to as cool as they would go again. So, with another drink in hand, she went to the pool, sitting on the opposite end from Knox to cool herself down. She pulled a small raft for Loki to join her on, while Frigg was content leaning on the edge with her paws dipped in.

"I am willing to call a truce." Was Summer caving in? Maybe. She was tired. She needed a break, even if Knox's presence was there to poke needles into her skin. "No more fighting. No more backstabbing. Until we get back on land."

God. She was tired...

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 18:18:57 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
all it takes is a little bit of patience. summer may be the master manipulator, but knox is the queen of pity. she'd be a terrible mother, yes, but some type of motherly instinct drives his sister to take care of him (and it drives her insane, surely). so when she comes crawling back to him, he has to resist the urge to grin. 

he swims up to her, almost lazily, and then floats on his back, starfishing to keep himself above the water. "deal. but when we get back on land, you bet your ass i'm getting a head start." 

they're quiet for a few moments and it's actually sort of...nice. 

but now that he has her in the position he wants her in, he opens the conversation. "how about another drink, sister dear? and then we can discuss a small loan."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
golden haze [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 22:30:56 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer wished that he stayed on his side of the pool, resisting the urge to splash water on him and send him back over. She gave him a small tsk, but she supposed she could agree to those terms.

"I suppose I'll agree to those terms." Maybe Knox would go the opposite way of her when they returned as well. It'd help.

She slid down against the side, spreading her arms on the sides of the pool and leaning her head back as she closed her eyes. The silence, with her Pokemon enjoying themselves and his having fun across from her... it was a strange feeling, really.

Is this what is was like to be a family?

Knox broke her thoughts. Summer opened one of her eyes, looking at him. "I'm willing to have another, but a small loan?" She lifted her head, pushing away her glass and summoning one of the waiters for more drinks. Her brows raised behind her sunglasses.

"How small are you asking for? And are you going to tell me what this 'loan' is going to?" she asked. Summer paused, taking her drink and stirring it, waiting in anticipation.