he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 10:28:49 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Razz brings out a pokeball as Yellow takes his last hit, that was one partner down now. All that was left was Slate the Heracross, and he was pumped. The way he smashed his fist together, his body powers up with a bit of a SWORD DANCE as he plans to power up and beat down the pokemon that dare be responsible for taking down his partner. [break][break]

"Not bad, Conners right? You battle often outside of the tournament?" [break][break]

Zs0ZWBXI

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 21:16:40 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

like the other man, greyson was down to his last pokemon too. it held his own for the last pokemon, but the newcomer looked a bit more battle hardened.

"only friend competitions."

he pats his hair bashfully.

"anything besides that i try to avoid, if all possible."

u2JBGSQT

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 6:04:28 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz just nods in response, understanding that battling was not everyone's thing. He was a tad more silent that usual as the Rapidash was still off putting to him. But between 's training, plus his own new abilities, Razz was getting better. Not by much, but baby steps. It won't be until his appointment with where he would make better strides. [break][break]

Slate knows he needs to be careful with the fire horse. especially with his weakness, for now though he just hopes his raised power was enough as he goes in for a NIGHT SLASH. All while Razz tilt's his head seeming confused, "Anything but what?" he ask, not picking up on context clues very well.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+ Slate uses NIGHT SLASH
[break]+ Atk +2

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 19:44:43 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"conflict, war and the like. i don't like the idea of sending my partners off to fight, but, sometimes that choice is taken from us."

the NIGHT SLASH rends the poor horse, sending it sprawling into the sand. with a slow, shaky grace, he stands and delivers a powerful, five-pronged FIRE BLAST at the bug-type.

NFk_f|A6

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:36:54 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Hearing that there is guilt that hit far too hard for comfort. Especially after what happened in Slateport. "After the Ultra Beast war," and the Kanto one, but it wasn't like Razz was going to reveal ever being a part of that, "I can definitely see where you're coming from. Part of why I choose to be a ranger, the battles there are definitely different"[break][break]

Fearing the fire Slate knows he needs to move fast. Using AERIAL ACE to avoid the fire before knocking himself into the Rapidash.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+ Slate uses AERIAL ACE
[break]+ Atk +2

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:56:25 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"i... wasn't there. but i heard.

he gives a look of sympathy, though, it's not pity. no one liked pity.

the AERIAL ACE collides with the fire-type, and once again sends him reeling into the sand. from his prone position, another FIRE BLAST.

"still, i serve the league. do what i can. go where i'm ordered."

a simple life.

notes --- ignore my roll its an accident but also 100 is nice so i keep

z9|XGsW0

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:06:29 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Probably for the best, I know there are people who didn't recover well from it," Razz shurgs, knowing full well that War wasn't something that was easy to recover from. Honestly the only reason he doesn't seem himself as effected was because it was what he was raised to be: a solider. "What is it that you do exactly?" Razz decides to ask, figuring switching topics would be best. [break][break]

Meanwhile Slate is forced to brace himself as he couldn't avoid the attack a second time. His skin burned for taking the hit, he was going to need to end this quick as they couldn't last against that fire well enough. Pumping himself up Slate goes in with a barrage of fist for CLOSE COMBAT, hoping to take the horse out quick.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+ Slate uses CLOSE COMBAT
[break]+ Atk +2

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:42:33 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

the CLOSE COMBAT seals it, ensuring greyson's loss. with a grimace, he returns the hellion to his capsule.

"congratulations."

it comes before his next statement.

"what the league asks of me, i guess."

greyson scratches his head. what did he do?

"lately it feels like i'm responding to things, more than actually stopping anything. if that makes any sense?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:36:06 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

There is a sigh of relief seeing the Rapidash go down. Not that he cared if they win or loss really, but more the less time with fire the better. It didn't make him freeze as much as it used to, but it was still problematic. Slate knocks its fist against his chest in victory before Razz returns them for healing later. [break][break]

"Thanks, your pokemon did really well to," is the automatic response Razz has come to learn as most seemed to do it that way. Though he is a bit more curious about their job when answered in such an ominous way. The ranger tilts his head, "That's pretty vague?" he comments a tad confused, "Though I guess that makes sense with Rocket on the rise, and no real way to track that [break][break]

Unless you meant something else?"

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 3:10:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"no, that's what i meant. seems like things are just ramping up."

he exhales heavily.

"what about you? a ranger, you said?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 4:50:17 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yeah that's fair, but not much that can be done about them when you don't really know their plan," Razz comments with a shrug, maybe there was the chance of capturing them. Though it wasn't like the league knew any Rocket right? Well he did, but he wasn't going to turn in a god damn child. [break][break]

"Most problems Rangers deal with are pokemon related, sorta hard to stop anything with that" he wishes he could help the other.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:32:06 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"true enough."

he shrugs back. but, with how quiet the council was, that begged the question —— was anyone trying to find out their plans?

"and that's all you do, just respond to wild pokemon?"

it was accusatory, but surely there wasn't that many wild pokemon incidents? how many rangers had gone on him for the mission to save those slowbros? he genuinely couldn't remember.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:41:00 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The ranger tilts his head at the other, seemingly confused by the way the question was asked. Were they calling him lazy? [break][break]

"Its not just wild pokemon we respond to, as sure they can be unpredictable, but not as much as the human factor in it. Duties would also entail Black Market issues, poachers, swarm protection," he list just a few things because he worked hard and he knew it. He wasn't going to let some guy who didn't even seem to understand his own job let alone the rangers put him down.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:44:19 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

hm. perhaps the defeat left greyson on edge.

he sighs.

"yeah, sorry about that. didn't mean to come off that way. the job just has me more tense than i'd like."

how many scars did he have now? felt like he was throwing himself at a never-ending wall sometimes.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Razz vs Greyson
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 20:06:09 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Was he too harsh? Razz wishes Salem were with him rather than over with Slate celebrating their win so he could tell as reading people wasn't his strength. For now he sighs, as he doesn't want to leave a bad impression, "Its fine, look I get it," honestly if anyone was going to understand he feels he would. [break][break]

"The whole situation is stressful to say the least, I'm pretty sure I've encountered them a few times too," he can't confirm the missing gap in his memory is Rocket related. But the feeling is there.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle