1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:02:58 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Typically, when Summer was asked to go on these types of treks to take care of business, she was annoyed that anyone bothered asking her. Her initial inclination was to say no, but she remembered why she was apart of Rocket's organization in the first place. So, she would begrudgingly bite her tongue and say okay, not without attitude first.

However, when she heard about this particular issue, she was quick to say yes.

It wasn't because she was enthused about it. No, Summer was worried. A data leak in Mauville City, her home town and where her father no doubtedly did much of his illegal business because of the market there, could cause serious issues for the Prescott family. And she did not want to deal with more issues than she had now. Thank god Knox wasn't here.

However, she wasn't happy that she was being paired up. Again. When she arrived to her destination, this time with Frigg walking alongside her, she paused. It had been a while since she had been around these parts. The Absol peered at her curiously. "It's okay, Frigg. It's just an odd feeling. Come on, let's meet this idiot we're working with."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 13:22:20 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam appeared from what seemed to be out of nowhere. when really, it was his sableye's SHADOW SNEAK that had gotten them from mt. pyre to mauville in about as much time as it would have taken to teleport.

granted, he preferred teleporting, but only because it tended not to scare people.

the sableye responsible nestled himself into the hood of sam's hoodie, keeping his golden body from the sun by wrapping up in the hood like a cacoon.

where he was told to meet his partner for this particular mission was just a few corners away. he made his way toward her, and the sight of the hair he'd been told to look out for had him thinking of a boy he'd met under the stars of mt. pyre's moonlight.

"you must be summer prescott," holding out his hand in greeting, he gave her a polite smile. "i'm sam cater, mt. pyre's caretaker."

the reason he was there was to avoid the data leak as a favor to somebody who'd helped him in fixing up mt. pyre a bit.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 21:04:49 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Not long after she spoke to Frigg did the man who would become her companion for this mission join her. Summer knew she wasn't alone when Frigg stared past her, looking interested. She turned, her arms crossed close to her chest like she was protecting herself, and examined Sam from afar.

The smile, the extended hand, the way he spoke her name... a scowl appeared on Summer's face, her crimson eyes looking down at his hand as though it was out to burn her. However, she shook it rather quickly before dropping it.

"Frigg. She'll be helping out today should we need her," she said rather shortly, indicating to her side where her Absol stood peering up at Sam.

She turned around, starting toward the exact location of the supposed threat. "What's your purpose of taking on a mission like this?" she asked, out of the blue. Part of her wanted to know his motivation, but she was also curious to know if he had any secrets waiting to spill.

Like her family did.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 12:55:29 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
what a brash woman.

he liked that. no bullshit, no need to impress. his polite act was dropped almost immediately as she got down to business, and he followed her. better to let her lead, he assumed.

then his eyes met frigg, and for a moment, he was soft again. absols would forever hold a place in his heart thanks to his own, hecate, who was like his right hand. the oar for which he strolled through the river, taking patrons to their graves.

"i've taken the mission to ensure that data isn't leaked. namely, family records and last will and testaments."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 20:35:13 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Frigg noticed the attention on her from Sam, giving what could be considered a cooing sound to him. Take it as a greeting or as delight from his gaze, she stayed only a moment longer before turning to catch up with her trainer, staying close beside her.

Summer glanced at her Absol when she rejoined her. She wasn't typically the type to enjoy a stranger's company. Frigg's reaction to this Sam was an interesting one at that. She threw a small look over her shoulder at him before looking back ahead.

"Nothing spicy to share then?" she prodded at him, unable to hide a small smirk from her lips. "I see. Oh well, hopefully this mission isn't equally as bland, then." Take that as you will. He seemed to be playing the good guy act for the people.

How boring. She'd prefer chaos.

They made it to their destination, an open computer cafe. Of course it could be risky using public computers, but these Pokemon could hack into anything anywhere, right? Summer slipped into a seat, leaving room for Sam only because she had to. "You tech savvy at all?" she asked, waking up the computer in front of her.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 13:41:00 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"well enough. i helped the silph company transfer all of the old patron's archaic files into digital access... which is now biting me in the ass, as it were."

sam was in fact computer savvy. he took a seat beside her and watched her work, though. he wasn't a 'hacker' by any means, but he knew his way around and could create what somebody at silph had called a 'decent' firewall. mostly because he had trust issues.

and even since then he had, in his mind, perfected said firewall.

"admittedly if i could get a rotom i'd feel much safer in regards to the mountain's security."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 5:20:33 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
So Sam was a good guy with these pure intentions? That's what she gathered from the surface. She wondered if he had anything lingering beneath that he was hiding from her. But god, did she want to puke. Helping Silph? Mountain security?

Boring.

Summer typed away at her computer. "Well, there are easier ways, but I guess you don't want to get caught using illegal techniques for such a big name as Silph, hmm?" she claimed with a snicker.

"Could possibly hook you up with a rotom, if you were willing to make a trade," Summer said without looking away from her screen. "Depends if you got something interesting or not." She was sure she could get her hands on a rotom somewhere.

Squinting, she noticed her screen looked abnormal. "Hey, look at these files. Don't they look off? You think they're already being infiltrated?" Right then, her phone buzzed, and she pulled it out her pocket, expecting it to be her father. It was , probably looking for something from her.

She ignored the call.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 22:44:02 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam watched the screen as summer pointed out files, not seeing the phone screen that buzzed beside him. not his phone, not his business, and she distracted him with the files on the screen.

"it looks like they're already taking files. we can set up a mock firewall, but it won't be enough. if we can triangulate the signal then maybe we can find the source trainer and ask them for cooperation."

his tone suggested beat them into submission, but tamato, tamato.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 2:39:36 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
When Sam spoke her fears, Summer couldn't help but lean back in the seat, staring at the screen. Taking files. That meant that her father's information could be leaked. Her information could be, 's could be-

A small tap on her leg made her look down, seeing Frigg look at her. She gave her leg a little rub with her head, as if she could sense her panic, and tried to calm her down.

"Okay. This is where you come in, I suppose. I'm only good for so much," she said, trying to hide any shakiness from her voice as she scooted over for Sam to take a look.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 3:03:56 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"i may not have a rotom of my own, but..."

scooting a bit closer so he could access the mouse and keyboard he went to work. he'd read up a great deal on coding and remembered it all with a little effort. eidetic memory, kids, it saves lives and apparently information leaks.

he did keep note of what files were attempting to be accessed, however, even as he set up a firewall and attempted to use a mapping program he'd read about, along with a bit of source coding, to triangulate--

"there, it's at the café on the west side of town."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 4:32:10 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Cafe on the west side of town? Well, they knew their destination.

Summer gave a huff before standing from her seat, Frigg following her movement. "Well, let's get there. This will save us both headaches the sooner we handle this," she said, voice low and rather dangerous.

She turned, not waiting to see if Sam would follow her or not, waving down a cab. Typically, she wouldn't do something like this, but if she showed up in one of the typically rides she took, well, that would give away things, wouldn't it? Her goal was to blend in.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 14:46:12 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"oh, okay."

sam let the woman lead. she seemed like the type that enjoyed leading and because of that he just let her do so. he would lead or follow given the opportunity and mostly the comfort of the other person. it seemed easiest for him to let her lead, so he did just that.

as they arrived, sam removed a capsule from his hoodie pocket. a gardevoir emerged and she looked to sam curiously. a single shared thought and she was immediately looking around the room. intentions and emotions were something she could pick up on very well. once she had it, she gave sam a look.

one more shared thought and sam looked to summer.

"black headset, white sneakers, sportswear."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 18:43:33 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer appreciated his compliance and willingness to get the job done as quickly as possible. She encased Frigg back in her Pokeball, relying on Sam's Gardevoir.

She glanced at the culprit before nodded, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"I'll sugar him up."

With that, she walked forward, placing a sweet smile on her lips. She put her hands on the table, leaning over to... entice the perpetrator. "Well, hello, there. What are you doing here all by yourself?" she cooed, cocking a hip to the side.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 13:16:46 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"...is that wise?"

sam's eyes blinked curiously at the hair flick and the idea of 'sugaring somebody up.' whatever that meant. it was only as summer proceeded to put on her charm that he realized she meant seduction.

why didn't she just say that?

watching her made him feel uncomfortable, so he glanced at his gardevoir. she seemed unbothered. so he gave her a mental request via their telepathy to let him know when the woman was over throwing on her charms. gardevoir complied, giggling a bit at sam's reaction to the seduction.

he gave the gardevoir an amused smile and prompted her to leave him and his mildly childish stance on seduction alone.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
radio static [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 20:01:17 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Summer's charm was effective. The perpetrator seemed dazed by her, even offering her to join him. So she slipped in the seat beside him, chatting up a storm and distracting him from ordering his Pokemon from further infiltrating files in the system.

She threw out a laugh, waving her hand. "I'm going to order a drink. I'll be right back," she said with a wink, walking away and toward Sam.

"Come over when he's turned and stop the damage," she said quickly as she brushed by him, ordering her drink and heading back over. She shot him a look.