Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:21:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian arrives at his next match, remaining optimistic despite a string of losses. With any luck he'll finally break free of the cycle, though he was relying on some pretty niche pokemon at this stage in the tourney. Better cross my fingers.

A bronzed man stands opposite him an a makeshift field. "You ready?"

A Cryogonal erupts from the burst of light his pokeball leaves behind.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:51:30 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
"no." elijah snorts, one nostril growing large as the hot summer air is taken in. he spits a loogie out on the nearby sand before crossing his arms over his broad chest. "i don't know why i'm doing this, but i figured it might make my business look good."

he squints.

"have we met?"

on the field, elijah's pokemon emerges. a galarian slowking readjusts its black collar.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:17:04 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"No, we haven't." Adrian doesn't recall their face or their name, and leaves it at that. Sliding a finger over his lip to scratch his itch, he gestures with his head towards the Cryogonal. "I'm going to start, since I'm ready," he informed them curtly, overlooking their lack of preparedness. Cryogonal would be starting off with CONFUSE RAY.

"Cryo, go ahead." The pokemon pulses with a strange, strobing light that washes over its form as a mesmerizing display of the color spectrum. Even Adrian looks upon it and feels his brain being addled by the oddly vibrant optical display. In an attempt to restore his focus, he tears his eyes away, inquiring about Elijah's earlier remark.

"What sorta business? You don't look like a numbers guy."
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:59:04 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
"sheesh. won't even spare the time to get to know me." he speaks as dry as an autumn leaf. one that lacks the leaf blade. only midrib, vein and venule.

a CONFUSE RAY swirls toward the slowking. though it lacks grace in its footwork, when it stands, the stance is one of absolute defiance. from underneath the flap of its dark muffler, a short arm raises to summon a SAFEGUARD.

"i sell plants. want one?" elijah says. "or maybe you know someone who's dead or about to die? i have flowers for that."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:30:25 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"That's..." Now that Elijah mentioned it, he might've had a need for that, though he felt the timing was not quite so great. Slowking guarded itself well from the attack, forcing Adrian to adjust to more direct means. Shuttered lips went agape and a chilling mist funneled out of its mouth, snaking its way towards Slowking. FREEZE-DRY.

"...We'll talk after the match." It'd been awhile since he left Howitzer any.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:07:44 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
"oh yeah?"

a FREEZE-DRY spreads onto the galarian slowking. on its shell and collar, an icy crust begins to crawl. the peculiar pokemon ahead of him is one elijah has never seen before.

but he remains calm. this isn't a high stakes match. elijah is no battler, after all.

"i'll hold you to it." elijah says. "POWER GEM."

his galarian slowking's green gem glows. stones materialize around its head as they arc toward the cryogonal like homing missiles.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:31:18 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian's word was his bond, or so he liked to believe.

Cryogonal is pelted by magicked rocks that deface its brittle surface, causing it to groan with a sound like an avalanche. Though its cold-blooded nature would have compelled it to attack, it instead focuses on RECOVERING. An icy haze begins to pour out of its mouth more abundantly than before, refreezing its shattered surface and slowly restoring its outer coat of frost. "I'm good for it."
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:41:38 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
"and they're not for free." elijah tacks on like a crooked nail, or a wilted stem. the lives of his flowers are transient— but it is their brevity of life that gives them value. "DISABLE."

a stare locks onto the cryogonal's icy countenance. the gem glows an ominous green once more to DISABLE THE RECOVER.

the apothecary grumbles after remembering a custom forgotten. "i'm elijah."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:59:47 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
" 'M Adrian," he responds promptly.

He sucks his teeth at the disable, but can't exactly begrudge them. It was the right call to make. Considering for a moment, he barks out: "Night Slash!" Cryogonal levels itself out horizontal to the ground, spinning violently before adopting a darkened hue of black ice before lurching forward in an attempt to eviscerate the opponent.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:15:06 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
the NIGHT SLASH strikes across the mage. a devastating blow so artful in the way it rotates its snowflake shape. black ice is met with a WATER PULSE. an attack meant to push the cryogonal back rather than to harm.

splashes of water buffet against the cryogonal should it be struck, but the galarian slowking does not stay in one place. on its stubby legs, it strafes away.

"you battle often?" elijah asks awkwardly.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:46:30 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Normally? No, but this tournament's the exception." Though he always wanted to become champion, challenging every trainer he came across was an exhausting task. As for their current conflict, Cryogonal would eventually make its way back around again, circling around the pulse keeping it at bay and resuming its assault. Adrian's expression soured at the hobbling hermit, wishing for it to slip up.

"And you?" Even if he said no, dude was built like an absolute unit.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:54:07 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
"no, i fucking hate it." elijah's expression is obstinate. his straight-faced visage may settle on bitterness and distaste at neutral— but it is that same neutrality that makes it difficult to discern sarcasm from honesty. "and here i am."

the slowking indeed hobbles. like an old mage scaling their enchanted tower of stone, it gallops awkwardly around their arena.

"POWER GEM as you move!" elijah barks.

again, floating stones rise from behind its shell. they fire away. glowing minior chasing a planet of ice.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:22:21 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Break up the stones with RAPID SPIN." As the projectiles come hurtling towards it the snowflake begins gyrating viciously, accelerated edges busting through the incoming rocks. It closes in towards the other in small increments, edging nearer and nearer still as the old man continues to put distance between itself and its adversary.

"Hope it all works out for you," he offers his well wishes for their business ventures, though he doubts the tournament was the best place to start, personally.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:32:44 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
”it’s already working out if you’re willing to talk after.” elijah chews through his words. he eyes adrian ominously before his gaze finds his pokemon. the breeze catches the cryogonal’s icy presence occasionally, tickling the skin with a cool breath.

the cryogonal fights through the barrage, and as it does so, elijah’s galarian slowking raises its arms. from its hands it begins to channel psychic energies. purplish designs form at the end of its fingertips. suddenly, an EERIE SPELL is conjured and delivered toward the cryogonal with a resounding bang.

”don’t stop. don’t let it come close.”

words he has oft repeated to himself in quiet solemn ways.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
ADRIAN VS. ELIJAH [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 10:27:23 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian nodded, though he wasn't sure one sale was going to make the difference. Sucking in a sharp breath, he tried to figure out what to do about the Slowking for now, resolving to worry about their exchange later. Meanwhile, Cryogonal was hurting.

Growing sick of the ordeal, Cryogonal expels subzero temperatures in a sudden blast of SHEER COLD that flash freezes the environment in a massive zone around it. Even should it fail to ice the Slowking, the ground would be coated in a sudden rime that caused it to lose its footing and stumble. And then Cryogonal would be upon it.