4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 3:10:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
After the meeting in her office and ’s presentation of his meteorite fragment, Lulu had invited the admin to her home. They would arrive at a lighthouse on a small islet at the edge of Sootopolis—via TELEPORTATION. Once there, her Gardevoir was returned to its ball.

Ocean wind blew especially hard that day off the water, whipping hair blindingly and making it almost hard to breathe until they got inside. There, it slipped between cracks audibly, whistling with the draft and almost dank air.

The hum of machinery was ever-present here. There were no rooms that could be clearly spotted, except the top one which they’d reach upon a spiral staircase. No bed would be seen, nor much furniture. A strange metal contraption stood in the center in place of the old light, like a beam from bottom to roof—which now opened up. Today, it was closed. The weather was not optimal for whatever it was being used for.

Pushed against the stone wall, on a desk, was a coffee maker; one of the few things around.

The rest was in the bunker.

“Coffee?”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 11:09:16 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"No thanks." He replied dryly, looking around at the barren environment.

"I'm assuming you keep the rest of your things elsewhere?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 2:15:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Suit yourself.”

The scientist went over to pour a cup, adding no cream or sugar. From the looks of it, there wasn't any around anyways. Where was the fridge?

“Underground, but I wanted to show you the top first. Shame the wind’s bad today.”

The cup came up to her lips. It was drinkable, because it was old, and room/lighthouse temperature. After a sip, she pointed up the metal contraption towards the top.

“So, this is sort of like a big antenna.” She looked towards him again, finally. “You want Deoxys. Let’s try to talk to it.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 4:37:33 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"You have a thing for light houses?"

This is the second that they'd been on together. Nothing had changed since the last one. Well, that wasn't entirely true. Killian needed her now.

"Yeah, real shame." he couldn't have sounded more sarcastic.

Killian gripped the handle of the meteorite's case tighter. Following her gesture to the mechanism at the top of the tower. Confusion flashed briefly across his features.

"Talk to it?" he glanced over his shoulder. "How?" with the antenna, obviously, Killian wasn't stupid. But he needed more than that. The details Lulu in her vagueness were keeping from him.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 5:26:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Sort of, I guess. It’s away from the city. Better signal; no one around to be nosy.” 

This was likely the most chipper Killian had ever seen Lulu, or would again—besides in this particular process, continued maybe.

Due to her unusual mood, she was thrown by the admin’s sarcasm. “Hm?” Momentarily, she wanted to ask what his problem was, as though it were a mystery. Luckily for both of them, her aggressive nature was derailed by science. 

She stared up at the top. 'How?' he asked.

“Well… I’m still sort of working on that part.” No use in lying about it. “But I like to think I’m getting closer every day.”

“I have several plans, and I’ve been collecting certain Pokemon I think might help. For instance, I’ve come across a few Beheeyem. They’ve been abducting Wooloo from farms across Hoenn lately, and I think there’s reason to believe they’re taking them somewhere off this planet. If I can somehow translate their light patterns into some kind of signal, maybe... that could work.” Even if they didn’t necessarily hear anything back, maybe the Beheeyem would.

If only she could figure out how to decode the patterns.

“I'm curious what the Beheeyem might do if you show them that meteorite.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 8:13:07 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Being focused on the task at hand, the contrast between Lulu's current high spirits and usual sour mood took a second to register. The childish side of Killian that filled the sub with rats begged for him to tease.

He held his tongue. Best not to ruin a good thing.

"Yeah, and I dealt with a few Beheeyem pestering a local farm in Verdanturf. I wasn't aware they were carting livestock off planet, though."

They'd stopped them before they could get away with any more Wooloo. Hearing this, maybe they shouldn't have. "Tck." his tongue clicked against his teeth. Disappointment took root somewhere inside of him, only to be drowned by curiosity.

"Certain Pokemon?" that meant more than just Beheeyem. Digging into the encyclopedia that was his mind, Killian quickly created a small list of potential Pokemon. Some, like Starmie, were less likely than others, but they all had something in common.

Space and intelligence.

"I'm willing to try, but two might not be enough." Killian smiled, his defenses dropping just enough to be comfortable. "It's good a thing I've two Beheeyem of my own."

Psychic types were his specialty, after all.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 5:16:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“I’m not saying that they are for sure; I’m just saying it’s not an uncommon theory.” The Beheeyem delivering things to off the planet, that is.

“Yes. I actually got one of mine from a farm. Wild night.”

“Plenty. Magnezone in particular I think should also prove helpful.”

“Two more Beheeyem would be good.”

Killian’s smile was noted, but late. Half her face was covered by another sip of her coffee, and she merely stared at him a moment from over the rim before turning back to the thing in the center of the lighthouse.

“Right. Well,” she began pointing at various spots, “I’m building interchangeable devices, but for now, like I said: big antenna. You can’t see it right now, because it’s hiding. A few switches downstairs, the roof opens up, and it raises from this to outside.”

She took a few steps for the stairs.

“Let’s go to the control room.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 8:24:45 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"What?"

Killian cocked a brow, "Is there something on my face?" or was she simply staring to bug him? He scratched at his cheek just in case.

Interchangeable devices, an antenna - she spoke like she'd been working on this for a while. Maybe not finding Deoxys specifically, but something.

"How long have you been working on all this?"

He followed Lulu to the stairs, ready to make his way down after her. What technologically marvels did Ms.Flint have stashed away in her basement? Killian shivered at the possibilities.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 7:56:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She shook her head, muttering a quick, “Nothing.”

Lulu had been working on this for months, dropping hints or all-out truths veiled as jokes, and biding her time until she was confident enough to bring in collaborators. Her team. The help of Rocket. She had not imagined that the admin would be the first on board, but here they were.

“A while.” She shrugged.

Oh, how far she’d come from building bombs, and other weapons. This felt like true progress. This was what she was meant to do; what tied everything together; the reason for all she’d learned and suffered.

It all came to this.

They’d walk down the spiral staircase, and at the bottom of the stone floor was a metal hatch. She pulled it open with a screech, and began descending down more stairs.

At the bottom, there was much more to look at, and it was almost shockingly spacious. The great metal cylinder still sat central, several conductive contraptions surrounding the base of it. Screens and panels lined the walls, along with a few machines—a couple of which were partially disassembled at that time.

“Excuse the mess. Wasn’t expecting to be presenting this shit today.”

Going over to a screen, she awoke it with the touch of her index finger. Entering in a few keys, a signal monitoring visual appeared. There was nothing on it, for now, because things were ‘off’, obviously.

“So, hear me out: assuming the Beheeyem might provide us with something interesting to transmit into space, a group of Magnezone will then act as radio telescopes in different locations to receive anything we might hear back. Then, Alakazam will telepathically translate those signals to Metagross, and they will reproduce them here, to us, onto this visual monitor.”

She sipped her coffee.

“I haven’t tested it, yet.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 22:07:45 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
The answer is vague at best and unhelpful at its worse. Obviously, it had been a while. Killian could see that much himself. None of this was thrown up overnight. He says nothing but nods and shrugs his shoulder.

Neither of them utters a word on the way down the staircase. A lesson he'd learned from their last lighthouse meeting was not to push. Besides, his fingers gripped the briefcase tighter; he's still not sure this isn't a trap. "You've never seen my office." with books everywhere, Killian struggled to get through the door, let alone to his desk. "A little mess won't bother me." and they arrived.

Large, the central cylinder caught his attention immediately. His eyes traced a line from the conductors to the screens and panels on the walls. "You built all this yourself?" if not, who did she trust enough to help her? Likely no one.

"It's impressive." it really was, "You're a genius." and he actually meant it.

Then, she explains her plan to the world's most intent listener. If Lulu's paying enough attention, she'd see the gears turning behind his eyes, oiled by her words.

"What's stopped you from testing it?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 22:22:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She, indeed, had not seen his office. For a moment, she wondered what it might look like.

At the reminder of her lonesome work, she gave a light huff. Had she not been worried they would scoff and abandon her, she would have brought in help.

“Yup.” All by herself. Well… with the help of nearly fifty Pokémon, of course, but most were as good as tools to her. Their efforts were her own by extension.

She gave a pressed smile at the genius comment, cheeks puffed a little as though trying not to give in to her gratefulness for such praise. With her belligerent personality, few blessed her with such validation.

What had she been waiting for? What was the threat?

“The League. What else?”

Particularly, the military. They would, without a doubt, notice a Magnezone hovering over every city on radars. She wasn’t foolish enough to think they’d miss such a suspicious occurrence. She didn’t need anyone somehow tracing it back. Nowadays, anything seemed possible. However...

“Now that we’ve taken Sootopolis, I’ll begin testing it soon.”

She slept the monitor and powered down whatever machine was feeding it.

“Regardless of them, I’ve only just recently finished work on the beginnings of it—as well as my theories.” Her ideas had metamorphized with the progress of her inventions. “But with everything going on here recently, in the region, I think that there’s no time to waste, Killian.”

His name, finally, came easy through the spirit of shared humanness, and the pursuit of something greater.

“More exists out there than just Deoxys. Perhaps, even, somewhere, the answers to all of our mortal mysteries and problems.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2021 12:43:30 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
The smile pushed onto her typically indifferent face is hard for Killian to miss. He notes the struggle, how her puffed cheeks look as though the act were foreign. It very well might be. He can't recall a time he's seen Lulu smile before now. Scowl, certainly, but never smile.

Maybe she was human after all.

His eyes linger, perhaps a bit too long, before looking away. Attention pulled back to the machine painstakingly built.

"Almost there." maybe, if this even worked. And with Sootopolis taken, nothing kept them from finding out except the wind. How rude of mother nature to stand in the way of progress.

"Theories?" he tilted back in her direction. There's more to be said, questions to ask, but she says his name, and they're all pushed back in favor of surprise. "Come again?" That settled it. Killian teleported into the Twilight Zone when they left the sub. It's the only way this made a lick of sense.

"Who are you, and what have you done with Lulu?" he squinted, playfully so, but smiled shortly after. "Kidding." but only a little.

Killian stepped closer and set the meteorite's case down on the nearest flat surface.

"Ideally, my problems end once I've claimed Deoxys as my own." then he'd have power. The power needed to protect . To ensure that Lulu, , Kaito, or anyone else that tried to hurt who he loved, never did so twice.

"But I do love a good mystery, and whatever twisted Sootopolis around has my interest."

"I'm here to help you, Lulu. Tell me what you need."

They'd done this before.

His neck throbbed.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 12:47:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her brow furrowed a little.

“I don’t see why you’re so surprised.”

Lulu did more than scare and harass people around the sub, after all. Surely Killian knew this. She had aspirations, and skills which stretched beyond the realms of nightmares and Rocket’s endeavors. World domination was only the beginning.

Universal power. That was more like it. Deoxys was a small fry compared to the bigger picture.

All would bend to them, one way or another.

“I’m curious about the occurrences during the takeover, as well. Again, I think many of the answers lie beyond where most are willing to look for them.” Another sip of her coffee. “Maybe Deoxys knows.”

Now, what did she need from him?

Her eyes settled on the briefcase he’d brought along.

“Why don’t we see what Beheeyem thinks of the meteorite?”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:17:57 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"When it comes to me, you normally have a stick up your ass is all."

A large one that he'd help put there admittedly. Still didn't change anything, though.

"I guess we'll have to ask it then." he smiled and followed her eyes to the case. Time to test the waters.

Thankfully, Beheeyem was one of the Pokemon he kept on him. You never know when you might need to erase or modify someone's memory. Releasing the two he carried from their Poke Balls, Killian opened the briefcase.

Sitting on its velvet cousins, the meteorite fragment looked almost unimportant, not a vital piece of a puzzle Killian had been desperate to solve.

Cautious, the admin stepped back and motioned for the Pokemon to examine the meteorite. Both Beheeyem floated forward, a series of beeps and clicks audible in the air. As they examined the rock, suspending it between them with Psychic power, Killian glanced to Lulu.

"Thank you." he says it like he's sharing a secret.

Now...they waited.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
beyond
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:44:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She pressed lips and narrowed eyes at him again a moment. Stick up her ass. Yeah, that was it.

“Mm.”

Fuck you, Decker.

For science, his quip was overlooked. Her attention was on the meteorite as it was raised into the air by the two psychic-types. Their clicks and beeps were like music to her ears, and she quickly sat her mug down to retrieve several more pokeballs.

“More the merrier, right?”

Five more Beheeyem were released, joining the two. A circle of seven then surrounded the levitating green rock. Spooky.

Having a camera already prepared off to the side for her experiments, switches were activated, and video and audio from above began rolling.

She stared, captivated. Maybe they might have a conversation of some sort?

“Don’t thank me yet,” she breathed through a grin.