saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 19:16:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it's an uncomfortable trip back to lilycove, silent for the most part, but tensions don't dissipate at any point, not even after they disappear behind the closed doors of their home.

"okay."

with a sigh, he turns to look at her.

"how are you feeling?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 19:58:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

There’s no rest in uncomfortable silence, only the void in her stomach that twists into knots at the prospect of it being broken. It lets her stew in her thoughts and feelings. A wandering mind isn’t always best.

Not even a dozen steps into their home, and he breaks it. It takes a moment for her to register the question. Although she’s been able to settle into her feelings, it’s hard to put them into words, “Um,” she hesitates, pausing to look up at him, “I don’t know . . . scared?” Fear was never an issue beforehand. It’s new and she’s not quite sure how to navigate it. There’s more, but fear is at root of it.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 20:02:46 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias tries not to be defensive, he really does, but inevitably, it slips through the cracks.

"scared of what exactly?"

he looks at her.

"we're both safe."

again, he misses the point, perhaps too stubborn to see it.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 21:04:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Defensive, stubborn, it’s not the best start to this conversation. Eva can feel the tension ready to snap. Hopefully, it doesn’t.

It’s clear he doesn’t understand. Is he even trying to?

“We’re safe – sure, but that’s not the point,” she shifts uncomfortably, standing awkwardly in the hallway. Confrontation with him is not what she wants but suffering in silence isn’t what she deserves either, “I’m scared of losing you . . . again,” the tension in her shoulders grows with the surfacing of unpleasant memories.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 5:10:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]again.

perhaps he'll never know what she went through exactly, and perhaps that's why it's so easy for him to risk his life time and time again.

"you won't."

he doesn't even realize how it might seem like he's dismissing her feelings.

after another sigh, he mutters:

"i know i promised but it's a little more complicated now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 5:24:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

You won’t. Arceus, she hopes she never does. That’s still not the point. He’s not even trying. It fuels frustration. Her arms fold over her chest, defensive.

“Complicated? What is possibly making this more complicated?” in her mind, there’s nothing that could possibly have enough power to tempt her from keeping a promise to him. Not much time has passed since the promise was made. A seed of doubt sprouts somewhere deep inside.

If he could so easily dismiss this promise so quickly, what would keep him from dismissing other promises? . . . Their promise to each other?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 5:37:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"virizion."

though absent, a part of him wishes the grassland pokemon's here just so he could reach out for her the same way he did at the bank. with nothing to calm him but himself, he takes another breath, still too proud to approach.

"i'm trying to gain her trust and the only way i can do that is to do what i normally do."

act first, act fast, and ultimately, be reckless.

"and i need her to trust me, eva."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 5:56:10 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva listens, and she understands. Probably not in the way Matias meant it, though. She can read between the words, extract what he’s trying to hide. Perhaps he’s not hiding it on purpose. Maybe, he doesn’t even realize it. Not yet at least.

Eva’s become second.

She can’t blame him, Virizion can offer him things she never could if the legendary ultimately accepts him.

Honestly, she doesn’t know what to say to that so she settles with, “Hm, I see,” she shrinks into herself, trying not to read too much into it. She stands there for a moment, gaze fixed on the floor. When she moves it’s to finally kick her shoes off and leave them by the door. It doesn’t take much effort for her slender figure to slide past him and move further into the house in search of some sort of distraction.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 6:06:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias doesn't realize it, no, but he will someday.

she slides past him with ease and suddenly their home isn't as warm as he remembers it to be. he lingers for a moment to gather his thoughts before kicking off his shoes as well, leaving them by the door before following her into the house.

"look i know it's difficult but it'll get better, okay? i'll get better. just know that i'm not rushing in alone anymore."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 6:21:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Although she seeks a distraction, anything to take her mind off her new painful reality, she can’t seem to find one. She doesn’t look too hard, and he doesn’t give her time. Eva’ caught in the threshold of the living room, eyeing a bottle of Kantonian whiskey when he catches up to her.

“It’ll ‘get better’?” she’s shocked that’s all he has to say about it and that shows in her expression when she spins around to face him again. She shakes her head in a combination of disappointment and disbelief, “You’re not even trying to understand what it feels like for me.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 6:45:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it's not an expression he sees often. it hurts more than he expects.

so he steps past her, approaching the bottle of whiskey she had been eyeing.

"then tell me."

he pours whiskey into two glasses and extends one over to her.

"what does it feel like?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 7:05:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva takes the whiskey but doesn’t sip it, not yet. It doesn’t seem right to try and dull what she’s feeling beneath a familiar comfort. If she expects change, he deserves honesty. Reliving it is a lot.

The glass trembles in her hand beneath a tight grip, “Um . . . ok,” I’ll try.

“I watched you die, Matias. I held your lifeless body in my arms. My world fell apart. The emptiness I felt, it was – was overwhelming, consuming,” Not worth living, she leaves that out. Eva diverts her gaze, tensing, trying to keep herself together despite the swell of emotions threatening to tear her apart. She blinks a few tears into existence that are quickly wiped away with the corner of her sleeve, “It was traumatic. I have nightmares over it. I still see you lying there when I close my eyes,” she turns to face away, wiping at more tears at they come, “You’re all I have, Matias,” if she lost him, she’d have nothing. If he lost her, at least he’d have Virizion to bring him comfort.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 11:57:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]he holds onto his whiskey, not sipping it just yet either. the trembling of her hand doesn't go unnoticed; he only wishes he knows how to help.

hearing her words hurts a little too much.

"...i'm sorry."

in a way, he can't imagine because he hasn't experienced it, at least not in the same way she has. he's lost people before — good people, allies, friends — but he can't even fathom losing her. perhaps he's too afraid to even consider the possibility.

it's foolish.

"what happened in that cave...that was a freak accident. i was slow to call out cloyster, which made it almost impossible for the PROTECT to form, but that won't happen again, not with virizion by my side."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 13:44:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Virizion again. As if she’s the fix all. Each mention digs himself a little deeper, making it even more clear where his priorities lie. It feels like an excuse to dismiss her feelings, her fears, “Accident or not it’s still seared into my memory. I can’t just . . . wipe the fear away,” Eva doubts herself for a moment. Perhaps she’s the one being unreasonable and too emotional.

As the conversation shifts back towards Virizion, the fear remains but part of it is replaced with something else she can’t quite put into words. Regardless of what it is, it hurts to see she’s so easily replaced. Eva used to be the one by his side, but today she was left behind and forced to watch. How quickly until he leaves her behind completely? If Virizion asked, would he?

“And what about me by your side?” she’s afraid there’s not room for two. After having lost him once, she’s desperate to not lose him again, even if that means accepting half of his heart while she offers her whole one, “Or have you already forgotten that’s where I want to be?” Have you already left me behind?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
one of those nights
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 14:13:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]and what about me by your side?

"what do you mean?"

oh.

"eva—"

he cuts himself off, holding his tongue to replace words with a sigh as he looks away.

and after a moment, he speaks again, voice softer this time.

"i haven't forgotten. it's still you i want by my side, it's just..."

his eyes drift back to her.

"i can't not rush in. i can't sit around and wait because if something happens and i'm not there in time, then that's on me."

[attr="class","noodles"]