Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:21:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
For now, she was alone.

It was quiet, except for sounds of nature around the hot spring, and the slosh of water at her slightest movements. Finding comfort against a warm, jutting stone, she sank lower. Within her mind, she focused on nothing—nothing being the force of existential quiet. Not a vacancy, but a peace that evaporated all else and existed like a low, vibrating hum. 

Her senses dulled, and a restless fire cooled and solidified, trying only to be as still as the rock against her skin.

She breathed almost deliberately, eyes closed, blowing air lightly across the surface and sending gentle ripples.

Was she meditating?

Z0eQgPJI

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:31:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]her peace and existential quiet is soon interrupted when the door slides open. he pays no mind to his surroundings even if he should, and simply steps into the water.

it isn't until he sinks down and looks across that he realizes he isn't alone.

"oh. why are you here?"

[attr="class","noodles"]gfi5hJVk

975/1000

[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:58:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Gone into something far off and vibrational, she hardly noticed when someone slid into the water across from her. For someone who didn’t sleep, this was perhaps as close as she had gotten in a very long time.

Then, a familiar voice shattered the plane.

Her eyes blinked open and she stared a long moment, feeling almost as though she’d been caught doing something she wasn’t supposed to be doing.

“I’m not.”

Fa4y1Lsq
864/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 14:02:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]silence returns not long after as she stares at him. he simply stares back, not flinching even at her response.

"...then who am i talking to?"

[attr="class","noodles"]TC4BGA14

941/1000

[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 14:13:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“I dunno.”

She continued to stare, face still half-submerged except to speak, and then sinking lower again.

Couldn't be her. A figment of his imagination, clearly.

Why?

OvzIlRwf
823/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 14:39:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]scary...but theo pays no mind to her. he simply sinks lower into the water, closing his eyes after in an attempt to find peace.

unsurprisingly, it doesn't come as easy to him.

so he floats back up.

"this isn't as good as fishing, by the way."

[attr="class","noodles"]ZoHm9|BQ

929/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 16:08:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Despite what might’ve been considered a bonding moment not even a week prior, a challenging spitefulness still lingered in her eyes, with all the defensiveness of a rattlesnake caught outside of its home.

“Why? Not bloody enough for you?”

Pot calling the kettle black, or something.

2bceR|9H
796/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 19:19:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]whatever challenge she feels is clearly one-sided. her venom slides off him, not nearly sharp enough to pierce through skin.

"you have a strange perception of what fishing is, lulu."

at that, he even chuckles.

"but this is nice."

[attr="class","noodles"]jDoKnkHO

877/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 20:01:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Do I, though? The hooks, and all that…”

It was knee-jerk at this point to don such a look in her eye, and tone in her voice. It only softened just so as she considered what she’d confided in him with days prior. It made the calm air about him hit different, somehow—both in a way that was both calming and terrifying at alternating intervals.

It was time to play nicer, maybe, but of course, her demeanor could surely only shift so far for so long.

She sighed, clearly disappointed for some reason that he’d stumbled upon her during such an uncharacteristic activity. Her admittance was almost begrudging.

“Yeah.”

H8ITvW3X
717/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 9:25:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]their conversation last week helped bridge the gap between them, though its foundations are still as shaky as ever. so, in an attempt to strengthen it, he admits:

"i appreciate your company."

and then, looking around him, he sighs with a realization.

"this would be nicer with a drink."

[attr="class","noodles"]RhQrWcRM

782/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 11:32:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
This moment briefly reminded her of a similar one with , months prior, although during that excursion she’d knowingly gone along to join the underboss. Theo had been a surprise appearance, and most likely hadn't expected her to be there.

She’d asked Chu-e ‘why?’ That anyone would enjoy, or ‘appreciate’ her company was difficult to fathom or trust.

“…”

Her eyes, still low to the water, followed his briefly.

She had been fine without a drink, but now it seemed like a good idea. Company was always easier that way.

“Yeah,” she echoed.

A6Bz_f6U
627/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 13:42:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i'll go get us some."

and with that, he moves to stand, uncaring for the way the heat and water simply roll off his bare skin. stepping out, he disappears behind a closed door only to reappear a few minutes later with a tray with a bottle and two glasses.

he sets them down next to them before lowering back into the water.

"they recommended sake."

[attr="class","noodles"]5_0puT8h

780/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 19:23:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
They had booze here?

Eyes hardly followed him, focusing rather on the water where the drops fell off his skin as he took his leave. Only when he’d sunk back into the water did her eyes flick over again.

Sake. Before, it had reminded her of Kanto. Now, it reminded her of .

“That’s a shit recommendation.”

Nonetheless, she finally rose up from the water some, still wrapped in a towel, and went to pour herself a glass.

SKbcHjbs
622/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 20:08:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]as rude as lulu may be at times (all the time), he doesn't particularly mind. he simply nods at her comment.

"they have other choices. talk to the lady out front."

[attr="class","noodles"]CQpfc1YQ

752/1000

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
not fishing [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 20:32:42 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her face twisted a little. “Nah, this is fine.” Took a sip.

She couldn’t ever seem to get to Theo, not that she was always trying to. Most of the time, she caught herself after the fact. Her rudeness had become perfectly reflexive. It was maybe what was left of her resentment for him, after it had simmered and reduced. Bittersweet, with a bite.

They’d made progress, though. She hadn’t pointed a gun at him in a while, and now, she was starting to say shit like:

“Thanks.”

BpcdfEGR
567/1000