1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 23:18:26 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
After one day spent at the sauna, even if it wasn't alone (thanks ), Summer realized something. All she did now was work. She never really got to play. When she and were younger, they were quite notorious for their parties and how much chaos and money went into them. Each one would top the next. She hoped this one coming up would too.

Maybe she was getting old.

The thought horrified her, a shudder running down her spine as she change out of her clothes. She had gotten a few days off thanks to some pretty begging to her father. He couldn't resist the "daddy, please" card, especially when she batted her eyelashes at him and gave him the pouty lip. He was so easy sometimes.

Wrapping the towel around her body and making sure her hair was pulled neatly on top of her head, Summer went to enjoy another day at the sauna and hot springs.

Except, she didn't realize that she'd have company, again.

As she entered, closing the door behind her, Summer went to get comfortable when she noticed someone in the room. "You! What are you doing here!" she shrieked, an accusing finger pointing at the stranger.

975 heat points left!
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #AF5050; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
BlF8112V

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 1:32:40 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Some people just live stressful lives.
[break][break]
A life of running a company. A life of making business deals, of finding good investment opportunities, of buying stock to promising enterprises, of endless work, and of course, also one of “selfless” philanthropy. A stressful life indeed.
[break][break]
Pair all that with secretly running Hoenn operations for a foreign crime syndicate and with being part of Team Rocket though?
[break][break]
No wonder Mars would try to relax at a sauna.
[break][break]
The problem is that relaxing was proving to be a difficult task.
[break][break]
On days like these silence was unwelcome, as it made it all too easy for his thoughts to wander – no distractions pulling him away from the darkened depths of his mind.
[break][break]
But, as unwelcome and unwanted as the silence may have been, this was nothing compared to his displeasure at the banshee-like shrieking that interrupted it.
[break][break]
Talk about being pulled from the deep.
[break][break]
”Oh.” In heavy contrast with her reaction, he remained perfectly calm, caring little for the woman’s presence despite sitting at the sauna in nothing but the small towel around his waist. Honey-coloured eyes set on her, a small yet confident smile being offered. ”Trying to enjoy the sauna, feel free to join.”
[break][break]
’Trying’ being the keyword.
[break][break]
”I don't believe we've met. Martín del Mar, it's a pleasure.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
ryNYdtOl
[break][break]
953/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 2:31:54 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
He spoke to her, seeming rather calm about the whole situation while sitting in his towel that probably just barely covered his lap. That's when it seemed to hit her that...

She was just in a towel too!

Summer was typically not worried about things like these, but she was not mentally prepared to run into someone in the sauna that she thought was reserved for her and her only. Her hands withdrew to cover her chest, even if it was covered with the towel, and a blush spread colorfully across her pale cheeks.

"H-How embarrassing!" she muttered to herself, her back against the door.

However, she didn't leave. Only because she spent money on time in the sauna. It'd be such a waste, right?

Slowly, she peeled herself from the door, walking to the bench and taking the opposite side of... Martin del Mar. She sat down, though she was still rather tense.

"Summer Prescott," she said, flicking her eyes toward him.

878 heat points left!

qUUjOmRt

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 2:41:33 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Shame is a feeling that is foreign to Mars, because what is there for him to feel at all ashamed of?
[break][break]
Ever assertive, he walks through life with pride and certainty, his self-assurance and vanity arguably crossing that fine line that turns them into nothing but sheer narcissism. He’s aware of it too, and he doesn’t mind it at all, his hubris ever latent.
[break][break]
So, he watches the woman, and her reaction shifts his smile into an ever so slight smirk. Not one mocking, but one amused, even if he does wonder if she’ll be able to enjoy her time at the sauna at all when she looks this tense.
[break][break]
Not like he’s relaxing either, though. As calm as he seems, Mars is never one to lower his guard in front of a stranger. Especially one with a name he recognizes.
[break][break]
”Prescott? Like from Mauville?”
[break][break]
He has always prided himself in being well-informed, after all, and being both a Mauville resident and an extremely wealthy businessman, the name doesn’t escape him.
[break][break]
Interesting.
[break][break]
"Is this your first time at the hot springs?"
[break][break]
As per usual, casual conversation comes easily.
[break][break]

+
[break][break]
hF_IVTpy
[break][break]
898/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 19:57:06 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer hated this feeling, that she felt like her time had been taken and thrown into her face. She hated conversations that were meaningless, and that was the feeling that she was gathering from this Martin guy. That nothing interesting would happen, and her chances of actually relaxing were, once again, thrown down the drain.

But, he seemed to know who she was. She sighed, closing her red eyes before giving him a look.

"What's it to you?" she questioned, though it came across rather rudely. Of course her name was well known throughout Hoenn. Her father was a well-known businessman. And, to Rocket, he was a great ally because of his money laundering. Of course, that's where Summer's job came in as well, as his right-hand to the business.

So of course it was no surprise this guy knew who she was.

"Of course not. I'm just appalled the staff can't get it right to give me a private room," she said with a bitter tone, her nails tapping against the woodgrain of the bench. "I always get stuck with someone in the room with me during my time."

Of course, Summer sounded accusatory. Like she challenged him for being in the same space and breathing the same air as she did.

877 heat points left!

XfTurzkH
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 2:15:19 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

So, is a spoiled little brat who doesn’t actually know anything about Hoenn business circles, huh? Got it.
[break][break]
At least that’s the impression Mars gets when judging by her words, but of course he won’t say this to her. He’s not here to pick fights with little girls, after all.
[break][break][break]
Despite her accusatory tone, her words don’t seem to faze him. Perhaps they would, but it takes a lot to annoy Mars, and at this point he has already categorized her as being beneath him. There’s no point in getting upset over the words of a petty posh ‘princess’.
[break][break]
”Huh… Maybe they just don’t think you’re important enough for one.”
[break][break]
Unlike hers, his words sound like no more than a mere comment: a passing thought stated out loud, a simple and obvious explanation for this situation. It’ll probably still provoke her and he knows it, but maybe he’s doing it on purpose for the sake of his own amusement. Saunas do get pretty boring.
[break][break]
If she’s not important enough, then that implies that neither is he, but Mars knows that the simple truth is that he didn’t ask for a private room – much like how she probably didn’t think of asking for one either because she assumed they would just give it to her for being a Prescott. That’s how he imagines it probably went, he'd almost be willing to bet on it.
[break][break]
”You could always try to see the silver lining and take it as a good chance to meet new people.”
[break][break]
Try to see the silver lining, how ridiculous.

[break][break]

+
[break][break]
L3D|C7Xz
[break][break]
876/1000

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 21:36:47 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer only smiled, though her smile was definitely filled with annoyance and a look of how dare he say that to me thrown in there. Who was he to talk to her like that? Oh, her father may have to hear about this.

"I typically like to leave the 'meeting new people' part to my job. It's rather exhausting," she said, her jaw held tight as she spoke back to him. That sickly sweet smile didn't leave her face yet.

Summer paused for a moment, tapping her finger against the wooden bench. "What do you do anyway, Mr. Del Mar? Anything that I may be familiar with, since you happen to know my name at least?"

Could she make money moves in the sauna? Only Summer Prescott would do such a thing.

809 heat points left!

U1u_c7zN
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 4:37:29 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Being a “people person” is no requirement to be involved in business, but it sure does help. Does she really not know that in a profession like theirs, any moment can turn into an opportunity? That anyone could have something to offer? That she shouldn’t just be hateful and rude towards people without knowing who she’s talking to?
[break][break]
Mars won’t tell her this, because it’s not his job to do such a thing. Everyone learns eventually. Everyone makes mistakes and suffers for them.
[break][break]
’What do you do anyway, Mr. Del Mar?’
[break][break]
His smile remains despite knowing how upset he has made her, leaning to rest his back against the wooden wall and allowing himself a second to enjoy the heat of the sauna. While looking at the rising steam, her question is answered:
[break][break]
”I run Piazza Oro Grande Bank, among other things.”
[break][break]
Among other things, because that’s definitely not the beginning or the end of his job description, nor of his activities, but he won’t bother with explaining all this. Just talking about POG Bank is enough, because this is his official job anyway, and because the bank itself has enough renown – especially when they have expanded to have branches in every city and when their commercials and ads featuring their adorable Meowth mascots are all over all sorts of media. Mars’ efforts as CEO have paid off, and not without sacrifices, of course. His time has been one of them, and that’s exactly why he could use a moment of relaxing at a sauna…
[break][break]
Not like he’ll get to do much relaxing here, though.

[break][break]

+
[break][break]
Lqs3RW7U
[break][break]
854/1000

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2021 2:09:53 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Piazza Oro Grande Bank. Interesting. This man must have definitely dealt with her father before. Summer was sure of it. "Then you've probably done business with my father?" she prompted.

If not, well... maybe there was an opening for opportunity.

If these two could keep from each others' throats. That was mostly directed at Summer.

She sat up, propping her head up with a hand as she looked at him with a raised brow. "Unless you've yet to interact with the Prescott business. I haven't personally come across your name before, but that may just mean I hadn't been assigned to work with you."

Besides, her father sent her for more difficult people. If he had done business with Mars already, then he didn't need her to interfere.

"How about a little more heat? It's supposed to open the pores, release toxicities in our skin." She poured more water over the hot stones, increasing the steam around them.

740 heat points left!

SfNV67kz
·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 22:29:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

A little too late, isn’t it?
[break][break]
Does she think he won’t realize that she changed her tune the moment she learned who he is?
[break][break]
First impressions matter, and a lot is probably left to be desired from their first impression of each other (which totally isn’t Mars’ fault, by the way. Not in his opinion, at least). But, for now, Mars will humour her, if only because he needs a distraction and because there’s always a certain enjoyment in talking business. It’s something he loves; something he has dedicated a lot of his life to.
[break][break]
”My predecessor may have, but I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting your father, no.”
[break][break]
The last CEO of the bank, that is.
[break][break]
But, even if he himself hasn’t done any business with the Prescotts, he’s well-informed enough to know of them. As any businessman should be, especially when approaching a region that was completely new to him until recently.
[break][break]
”Out of curiosity, is it only recently that you began to be more involved in your family’s business, Miss Prescott? And sure, some more heat is just fine.”
[break][break]
Naturally, despite her words, he refrains from voicing any thoughts he may or may not have about her toxicities.

[break][break]

+
[break][break]
Ml7rlV|m
[break][break]
768/1000

·
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 20:45:38 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer tilted her head. "Perhaps I can connect you with him sometime. With your specialty in banking and his dealings with money, I'm sure you two could work as a fine team," she prompted, raising her brows. "I can give you his contact when we leave."

She let the heat engulf her, before answering.

"No, I would say I've been involved for a while now. My father began to train me at a young age to help with the family business, and I attended meetings to understand our dealings as well at as young as fifteen. Sure, it was hard work as a child, but it has given me great insight," she said.

And she had to take over when her brother was deemed unfulfilling to take over.

706 heat points left!

PulY4aGX
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 22:47:35 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Very insightful of you, sounds like a plan.”
[break][break]
A slight smirk, for be his first impression of Summer what it had been, there is no denying that doing business with her family would be beneficial to him. The main benefit would go to the bank, obviously, but if Mars is going to go out of his way to negotiate and deal with people like the Prescotts, it might as well help his long term goals, no?
[break][break]
He looks at her while considering this, listening to the way she speaks of a childhood of being trained to one day take over the family business.
[break][break]
It all sounds familiar, for among many other more terribles things, this is exactly what his own childhood had been.
[break][break]
Could it be that him and have more in common than what he initially believed?
[break][break]
”I can understand that. My own childhood was very similar, actually. It does teach you a lot.”
[break][break]
But, he can’t speak of the Marzáns, so he’ll leave it at that.
[break][break]
”You don’t mind if I turn the heat up a little more, do you?”
[break][break]
Naturally, he doesn’t wait for her answer.

[break][break]

[break]TURN UP THE HEAT 🔥
[break]
ElQcuo9o
[break][break]
595/1000

·
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 0:30:03 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer waited for him to elaborate on his statement, but he never did. So she wondered, was he just saying that to comfort her or was it the truth? She wouldn't know now, would she?

And then he immediately turned up the heat without her answering.

Well.

Whatever.

"That's fine," she said, the steam blowing in her face. "I guess you like the heat then?"

663 heat points left!

49gAAKE_
·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 22:44:39 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Does he like heat?
[break][break]
Not particularly, but it makes for a good distraction from the thoughts that plague his mind.
[break][break]
There’s something about the sheer warmth of the air, about the way every breath comes light because of the steam that seems to almost clear the mind, although that may just be the fact that he could really use a glass of water or something.
[break][break]
It’s really warm.
[break][break]
And yet, he acts like nothing at all.
[break][break]
”The heat’s okay, I don’t really mind it.“
[break][break]
He shrugs, offering a smile, for this is still true.
[break][break]
”I hope you aren’t still upset about not getting a private sauna room, by the way.”

[break][break]

[break]
45Bkq4YI
[break][break]
536/1000

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
daddy's money (sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 2:23:09 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
She nodded, partly in agreement. But she was making sure he was aware she acknowledged him. "I enjoy my fire types. I typically don't like the heat, but I can tolerate it."

True, she hated sweating, but Summer didn't mind sweating in the sauna.

She shrugged, a small smile on her face. "What can I do about it now? Kick you out?" Well, with force, maybe she could. But she wouldn't.

"I'm fine. I don't mind your company." Though they had clashed at first, it seemed like the heat was really easing some of her tension away.

"What motivates you, Mr. Del Mar? How did you become so driven to become the head of a large bank cooperation?" she asked.

642 heat points left!

0CTqLwWR