awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 19:24:38 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Late in the evening, Killian snuck away from work to enjoy himself. Usually that be with but she was busy doing something Rocket related.

He sighed and sank into the water, heat soothing tired muscles and mild aches. The hot spring wasn't the same without company. Killian took a sip from the glass of whiskey next to him.

"But the quiet isn't too bad either."

ClfKOrpO

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 1:51:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ah, that almost makes me feel bad for interrupting.”
[break][break]
Leave it to Mars to make a grand entrance.
[break][break]
It is with a smirk that he stands near the steaming spring, a glass in his hands too. It seems both him and Killian had similar ideas, but while the latter would have perhaps enjoyed the silence, Mars is rarely one not to prefer company. Still, of course he doesn’t actually feel bad. Why would he, when his presence only ever makes things better for everyone?
[break][break]
For now, with a towel around his waist, he chooses to sit at the edge of the pool, dipping his feet in the water while the glass is set safely beside him.
[break][break]
”I’m surprised to see you here alone, Killian. Taking some time off to relax?”
[break][break]
Mars also shouldn’t be here alone, but let’s not talk about how he got ditched on this trip to the hot springs. Mars? Ditched? Unheard of, obviously.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
VOTnyvkA
[break][break]
936/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #4bab86;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 12:40:11 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Baby blues lift from the rim of his glass to greet Mars with a smile. "Almost?" he teased, "That doesn't sound like you at all." chuckling, Killian sat his glass down on the stone beside him. Mars's presence isn't unwelcome. Honestly, while the silence was lovely, it did leave Killian alone with his thoughts. A dangerous place to be as of late.

"I wouldn't be." confirms the admin with a sigh. "My fiancee's had a few errands to run." and didn't need him around getting in her way. There's a reason he provided the information while she did the heavy lifting. "What about you?" a black brow arched, "No women or men around for you to seduce?" had all his options run dry that he'd been forced to settle for Killian?

Ouch

oYeSdwsp

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 1:54:12 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Reaching for his glass, the liquid within it is slowly swirled, this time a perfectly clear one that comes in company of a thin lemon slice and a few ice cubes – top shelf gin. Even as he raises it to take a sip, he calmly watches Killian, making note of the way he sighs.
[break][break]
So, he had also been ditched at the hot springs, huh? That’s a shame, although at least had given him a proper reason not to be here with him, unlike ’s complete lack of explanation on the matter when cancelling their plans. Then again, Lex is Killian’s fiancée, and it’s not like Mars and Cian are even dating or anything at this point in time. Not officially, at least. Since they both really suck at talking about things.
[break][break]
”Ah, that’s a shame. How has she been, anyway? Bet it must be pretty boring being here without her.”
[break][break]
Mars can relate, since Killian may just be even more right than what he realizes: it’s not like he’s going to waste his time hitting on people and doing unspeakable things in the literal and metaphorical heat of a sauna. There’s a time when he would have, though. Until very recently, he was right back to those old habits that had earned him a bit of a reputation back at Sinnoh before his short-lived life as a married man. But, it’s better not to go on about all that.
[break][break]
Right as Killian may be, it still earns him a clearly exaggerated gasp on Mars’ part.
[break][break]
”Killian, is that what you think of me?” Offended, but not really, as made obvious by his smile. ”What if I just want to spend time with an old friend?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
7HrFUKUM
[break][break]
898/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#75B988; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 7:42:28 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"She's been...." the word he's looking for, like always, is different. Like so much about his life, has changed since Hoenn, since and . Since Rocket. "Good." and he hopes to keep it that way.

"It's definitely dull without her." not just the hot spring but life itself. Without her nothing felt worth it. had a piece of his heart that couldn't be returned. Killian didn't want it back either. It was her's, forever and always.

That's not worth sharing with , however. They were friends, as Mars put it, but he'd learned his lesson about sharing the depths of himself with someone else. Especially in Rocket.

Killian laughed, "Can you blame me? You used to have quite the reputation." he reached for his drink and took a sip. "But I'm happy to spend time with you. I could use more time with people outside of Lex."

He could use more friends.

LlSjk9Cd

Killian turns up the heat - roll twice

·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 1:11:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’She’s been… good.’
[break][break]
The pause is evident and leaves room for more than one question.
[break][break]
He could easily pry, but he chooses not to, instead turning his attention back to his drink. Another sip, savouring it while listening to Killian speak.
[break][break]
”I bet it is, though you can always come back later with her, right? At least, if you do, you’ll already know what the best things are and won’t waste your time together.”
[break][break]
A smirk comes when offering this simple silver lining, Mars finally stepping properly into the water.
[break][break]
Come back later.
[break][break]
Is that what he will be doing as well? He will suggest it, sure, to make up for the lost time and the lost plans, but who knows what the future will bring? Who knows how things will turn out when he leaves the hot springs?
[break][break]
”Believe me, the last thing I want to talk about is my reputation.” At this, he chuckles, even though he really wouldn’t mind all that much. Usually, at least. Today, he’s not so sure if he wouldn’t mind. ”Not many friends in Hoenn, then? Lucky for you, I’m here now.”
[break][break]
There’s a wink, because of course there’s a wink, and a laugh follows it.
[break][break]
He’s in Hoenn now, and he’s here to stay.
[break][break]
For now.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
TrZnFQ2w
[break][break]
801/1000

·
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 1:44:01 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"Yeah, later is always an option." [break][break]

He nodded and finished off what remained of his drink—welcoming the scorching heat of its trail down his throat.

Good thing Mars wasn't in the mood to discuss reputation. Given recent happenings with , neither was Killian. "No, not many." felt like he made more enemies than anything. Some of which were inside Rocket itself. Putting in the work to change that felt exhausting at times, frankly.

"Lucky indeed." Killian chuckled and refilled his cup.

"How do you like Hoenn so far, by the way? Run into any of that trouble I mentioned to you yet?"

JJClNSQL

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 4:24:48 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Leaning against stone, he allows himself to sink just a little deeper while sitting in the water, enjoying the sensation of both the rising steam and the oh so very gentle and almost non-existent ebb and flow of the hot spring. The warmth of the water is relaxing, healing, and it almost makes him forget all of his troubles as he turns to look up at the skies...
[break][break]
”Ha… I’m starting to realize Hoenn can be pretty damn weird. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I knew that before, but it’s different once you live here.”
[break][break]
A soft laugh, Mars reaching for his glass and taking a refreshing sip. The ice is melting; mixing into the drink.
[break][break]
It’s only then that he looks at Killian once again.
[break][break]
”Anything in particular that I think I should watch out for? You sound like you speak from experience.”
[break][break]
If only he knew just how weird things would get in a matter of a week or two...

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
zusEIDed
[break][break]
795/1000

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 4:39:15 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"That's because I am." he replies bluntly, "Nowhere else in the world do you find Avatars like and ." People who defied the laws of nature with their addictive mists and flaming wings. He envied them on some level. Jealous of the power that they and others like them held.

Killian wanted that power for himself. So he could protect Lex, he tells himself, but that felt like a lie or partial truth. Something to justify the desperate need. To her or himself, he's not sure at this point - did it even matter?

"Something is coming to Hoenn, Mars. I'm not sure what it is, but it's powerful enough to warp space and tear whole sections of Sootopolis apart."

The ominous warning hung in the air as Killian took another drink.

blR51WnT

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 8:25:18 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Avatars.”
[break][break]
The word is echoed, Mars considering for a moment as he looks down at the melting ice cubes that now swim in his glass of gin. He’s familiar with both names mentioned by Killian, of course, and his appreciation results to be understandable…
[break][break][break]
”I actually met both of them at the tournament. Had a battle against Tapu Fini. Quite something isn’t it?”
[break][break]
So much power…
[break][break]
There’s always something tempting about it, isn’t there?
[break][break]
What would Mars do with power like that? He could achieve all of his goals without having to go through so much effort and planning. He wouldn’t have to owe so many favours. He wouldn’t have to depend so much on others. He could be free, for those who have controlled him all of his life would have no way of doing such a thing.
[break][break]
Perhaps he never realized how much he envied people like that until this day at the hot springs…
[break][break]
’It's powerful enough to warp space and tear whole sections of Sootopolis apart.’
[break][break]
Something like that? In Hoenn? Perhaps only out of curiosity, a part of him almost regrets not being at Sootopolis...
[break][break]
”Sootopolis, huh?” He had seen the damage himself, but it’s still difficult to imagine just from hearing the accounts. ”Whatever it is, I doubt Hoenn will be ready for it when it comes. Sounds like we got lucky back there.”
[break][break]
Had they really, though?

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
gHYhCxxN
[break][break]
721/1000

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 17:26:03 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
There's no way Mars can know about his dealing with Fernando. Killian knows this, but the nagging voice of paranoia still blew its nasty breath into his ear.

"Kill him."

What a horrid thought from a phantom only can seal.

"They all are." he replied dryly. But the one he wanted could top them all. Deoxys. Just thinking its name sent static down the admin's spine. His fingers tightened around the glass of whiskey. Like the creature he's hunting, diamond blues drift off into space.

"Lucky? That's a fucking understatement. Between Kyogre and our mystery space bender, it's a miracle that everyone made it out of alive."

Killian sighed.

"Do you believe in fate, Mars?"

WZvRlTTF

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 3:40:04 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Our mystery space bender.’
[break][break]
A pokémon that can warp space and distort reality as it is known...
[break][break]
Hadn’t he heard about something like that before?
[break][break]
There’s the memory of an old legend read passingly years ago at his family’s library, but it is vague, and he cannot recall it correctly.
[break][break]
”A miracle? Doubtful, though it is shocking that there weren’t more casualties. You were there, right? The whole thing sounds like it was a fucking disaster.”
[break][break]
Definitely not a miracle, but Mars has never been the type to believe in miracles to begin with.
[break][break]
Fate, though?
[break][break]
Fate is something he has learned to believe in. Something he has no choice but to believe in. But when has fate brought anything but tragedy upon its victims? The Moirai spin and spin their endless threads, and they care not for who gets tangled among them..
[break][break]
Mars knows this well.
[break][break]
”I do.” A sip is taken from his glass, and it’s once again set aside by the edge of the pool. ”Are you worried about your fate, Killian?”
[break][break]
When had their casual conversation taken this turn?

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
uIqbpTfa
[break][break]
652/1000

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 4:01:17 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
When indeed.

"I was there. I almost drowned, actually." and if the thought of leaving Lex alone in this world hadn't tamed his curiosity, Killian would have. Too bad she wasn't enough to solve his current problem.

He stared at his glass; a somber wind blew from the wings of a Braviary into his chest. Killian crumpled under it. Apathy once a switch easily flipped suddenly caked in rust, refusing to budge.

Was he worried about his fate?

The faintest hint of a frown threatened to curve Killian's lips. A bit of force, and he managed to keep his mouth in a line. For a man supposed to have all the answers, lately, he'd been struggling to find them.

"What if I am?" Killian threw back the rest of his drink. The hot burn of liquor twisting his face as he whipped his mouth dry. "I hate Hoenn, but I can't escape this feeling that something's waiting for me here." baby blues rolled, "Deoxys or my death - I don't fucking know."

"But it's soemthing."

567MvqCz

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 16:41:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”I’m glad you didn’t.”
[break][break]
The words aren’t empty. He could easily mean it because having KiIllian in Team Rocket is convenient to him at the moment, but the truth is that while that’s the case and while Mars may not trust him all that much (or much at all, honestly) in their line of work it’s not often that people stay.
[break][break]
One day they’re there, the next they disappear with no explanation – or maybe with an all too gruesome explanation. That’s what he’s used to with most of his acquaintances, that’s what’s expected…
[break][break]
’Deoxys or my death - I don't fucking know.’
[break][break]
Just like that.
[break][break]
Death is always to be expected for most people, isn’t it?
[break][break]
”Deoxys, huh?” The name doesn’t ring a lot of bells, but Mars can easily take a few guesses as to what sort of thing Killian’s seeking. ”So, you’re gambling with your life, then?”
[break][break]
Not a very smart thing to do, but Mars can understand it perfectly.
[break][break]
In a way, hasn’t he been doing the same since deciding to move to Hoenn?
[break][break]
He meets Killian’s gaze, silence falling between them for a few long seconds.
[break][break]
”What if it’s the latter, Killian? What if whatever you’re waiting for ends you?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
zcnpeKjz
[break][break]
595/1000

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
6 Centimeters (Sauna)
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 23:20:57 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"Why's that Mars?"

As far as Killian's concerned, Mars had no reason to care about whether he lived or died. Their friendship, if you could even call it that, is more business than personal—a product of circumstance - both wanted something from the other.

He chuckled.

That's how all his relationships outside of Lex were, weren't they? Give and take. Once people got what they wanted, they were gone, even him. Killian didn't care. His world ran like that for a reason. Because it was necessary to survive.

"Hmm? Oh, right." he hadn't told Mars about Deoxys yet. Killin didn't mean to at all - caught up in the moment, Deoxy's name slipped from his tongue without thinking. Maybe it was a sign that he trusted Mars more than others. More likely, Killian needed to slow down on these drinks.

"It's the name of an alien Pokemon that crashed land on Hoenn several months ago." Congrats, Mars, you're one of three people who know anything about his search. "I've been looking for it since I became an admin." desperately so.

The two men lock eyes, silence crawling over them like a dark cloud. When Mars parts it with his question, Killian's gaze turns dark, and his voice grows heavy.

"Then I die. I've already accepted that as a possibility."

Killian sighed.

"Power has a price, Mars and I'm willing to pay it - whatever it is."

Anything to keep her safe.

F7L|YaUw