4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 16:47:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Shortly following the meeting in Sootopolis, Lulu would be waiting for Ferrara in the labs. While several things were prepared by various assistants, she sat within her office, scribbling odd notes from a strange angle.

The scent of coffee wafted in the room as it usually did. A muzzled Houndoom lied at her feet, his tail poking out from behind the desk where he slept. The occasional growl was enough to know he was still suffering from Darkrai’s curse.

She paid it little mind, and if and when a knock came, she would be quick to invite them in.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 18:12:27 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The nearby labs buzzed with the activity of countless assistants, either setting up the room for what she had planned, or working towards some other project.

After a long period away from the sub, he had this period of... basically learning to walk again. This was aided by what looked like an overgrown ferret giving him a shoulder to lean on. The dirtbag pet of choice, for want of a sable, or raccoon. A bead of sweat trailed from his hairline down, but curiously, stopped near his cheekbone.

A knock at the door came. Following a moment's pause, Giona walked in, in a men's henley shirt and black denim shorts, with three wallet-chains hanging out the side. They seemed to go down as low as the hem of the pantleg, and made little noises as he walked, like a bell on a cat. Rather than take a chair, he folded his arms and stood with all his weight on one foot placed slightly behind him.

"...I got here as quickly as I could. I’m sure you have other projects that you have to make time for, so I’d like to start by saying thank you."
Enter scene.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 23:17:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“I appreciate your concern, Ferrara.” Her tone was dry, although there was the smallest curl to the corner of her mouth.

“Don’t thank me, yet.”

She’d decided to enlist on these experiments, finding his studies especially relevant. Auras. had told her once that the auras of avatars looked different than normal ones, which meant they could be picked out in a crowd with the right eyes. Spooky.

Maybe they’d even shoot Ferrara with the big laser, like had done to her and . That seemed to be a good tool to tell. They’d basically vomited up their essences. Not pleasant.

She gestured to a chair.

“Sit, please. We’re waiting on someone.”

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 3:35:22 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

"Apologies for the wait," Pryde says as he enters the room and removes a pair of gloves he had. He was busy working with another on their project and his aide was needed there. Pryde wanted to establish a good standing with those working under him for now, this way they'd be willing to do more for him later. [break][break]

Though now it was Lulu who wanted his help, with what he doesn't fully know but he was given enough knowledge that this might help, or be helped with his aura project. So he enters with a friendly enough smile, "Flint," he greets before looking to the other, "and who is this?"

[break][break]

+ +
[break]+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 8:16:24 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The door swings open after it was shut previously. It shouldn't have startled him, but there was another adult who towered over him. The wait. Was he supposed to be here too? He wasn't even at the meeting. The meeting he put little effort into throwing, to be clear. Just a mass email. Could've been a video call, just to cut down on risks.

Giona meets Raphael with a smile, and slowly backs up into the wall of the office, so as to not have his back to either of them. He looked like an overgrown child in his jorts and chains. His Zangoose sat there next to him, looking aside at Giona. It's too big to climb on him now, and slightly upset by that.

"...Giona Ferrara. I work with our smugglers and informants. Recently, I was... helping Groudon keep people away from its grudge-match with some kind of monster. As were and ."
Enter scene.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 21:16:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
What the fuck was the deal with , anyways?

She watched the interaction. Uninteresting introductions, old information to her. She was eager for results, toe tapping the slightest bit.

Eventually, she looked to .

“He described absorbing some of Groudon’s power during their battle. I’m curious if there are remnants of that, even now that they’re faded.” She shifted, hands clasped “I have reason to believe that auras appear differently from people with... powers.” This from .

“I’m curious what your findings might be.”

She glanced briefly back to Giona, brow quirking the slightest bit at his awkward positioning against the wall.

“Nervous, Ferrara?”

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 14:22:34 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

Dull and not so dull, the older man thinks to himself as the young man introduces himself. But his interest is caught with Groudon, Pryde having heard the report from those who decided to gather around the tree while he was busy. So he wasn't entirely in the dark. "Interesting," red eyes will glance toward Lulu, "then you wish to see if there is anything left?" [break][break]

He nods at her theory as he moves over toward Subject two and their helmet as if making an adjustment. "You can just call them what they are Miss Flint, Avatars," unless non-avatars have started popping up with out powers. But if this gift was due to an encounter with the beast perhaps it was a temporary agreement?[break][break]

After adjusting the helmet Pryde looks toward his phone to see the aura his Lucario could see. "Have you felt any possible side effects?" he decides to question first but he would allow Lulu more charge of the subject. Being as she called him rather than the other way around.

[break][break]

+ +
[break]+ Social

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 10:22:36 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

People with powers. It'd been months since she got the drop on him, but he shuddered with anticipation again. Plus... Were there more out there? He folded his arms and tried to dismiss it when she asked if he was nervous. "I'm... not having my back to anyone. Interpret that however you want."

Giona thought for a second, leaning his upper back against the wall of the office. His Zangoose looked antsy, but he calmed it with an outstretched hand for the ferret to sniff. Giona tilted his head, glancing up at Raphael and meeting his question.

"...Not that I'm aware of. Though... I had a physical reaction to Groudon's power when I had it. It felt like... my veins were hot all of a sudden.. And... like I was one with the volcano it rested in. I twisted a large rock in half with a muscle-spasm. I don't get those often."
Enter scene.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 7:22:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She shrugged at the executive-gone-gym leader, not really sadistic but also not gentle in her stare. The undertones in her face were fucking with him.

“Fair enough.”

“I’m aware. I am one,” she reminded Pryde, tone a bit snippy. Maybe she just wasn’t sure what exactly constituted avatarship. If Ferrara didn’t still have these powers actively, and Groudon hadn’t followed him home, then… what?

After the other scientist’s question, her attention turned on their subject again, and then back to Pryde eventually.

“Groudon’s previous avatar, Bailey Cooper had the ability to manipulate earth.”

Twisting a rock in half fell under that umbrella of activities.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2021 11:20:25 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Noted you can't trust us, what a shame," wouldn't save him from any test the other head wanted to do. But he does take several notes of things from both what his lucario was seeing between both Lulu and Giona. Then about what the young man felt like when he was feeling connected. He notices the snippiness of the other but pays it no mind. For now doubting the other would actually be unprofessional around their current subject. [break][break]

"So I've heard, but she is also now dead but whether or not the two are unrelated I don't think we have that answer," he'll look up from his tablet he was taking notes from to look at their 'informant,' "You haven't been feeling sick have you?"

[break][break]

+ +
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2021 7:32:42 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

It wouldn't save him from the sudden pincer. He wished he had his boys with him. Nonetheless, he decided to push the conversation forward. "You can interpret that however you'd like. ...Anyways! I presume... you have some way to test for the residue of this power. Some kind of big gun to point at me, maybe a tube to stick me in?"

If only he knew about the big laser. He hadn't been feeling sick because of Groudon. An important distinction to make. He'd been swamped with work and worn out. Either way, he shrugged at Raphael's leading question.

"Well, no. In fact, I doubt that ANY person who had Groudon's power came away sick. Just the other day, challenged me as a Gym Leader. Looked every bit as healthy as he normally does."
Enter scene.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2021 17:25:51 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
perhaps the older scientist would be disappointed with lulu at some point, for she was certainly not the most professional person in the room.

the big gun. pretty much. “something like that. after dr. pryde here has made his assessment, there’s a laser i’d like to try out. they shot me with it once. not very fun, but we’ll get through it together.” she looked over towards the corner again. “but why would we stick you in a tube?” very sci-fi. no wonder he didn’t trust them.

about tapu bulu’s avatar, lulu scrunched her brow a little.

is a strange case. i wouldn’t assume any generalities based on what happens to him.”

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2021 2:38:33 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"I would hardly compare yourself to , as it seems like his abilities have an effect that can heal the land, and possibly himself," the last one is a guess that Pryde isn't 100% on however seeing how it could heal plants it didn't seem like a far stretch that the Tapu would also want it's own avatar healthy. "But even if he weren't an avatar the man is only an inch shot for being a literal giant, and seems to be the post child for health," Pryde would give Giona a once over as he scans him up and down, mentally comparing him to the man he arm wrestled with. "While you seem more on the thin side of things"[break][break]

Once his notes are done he does look to Lulu, "Subject 2 doesn't seem to sense anything from him, however there is that chance because its been so long that it's lingering that the laser could possibly work once you're ready to give it a go Ms Flint"

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Social

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 23:48:13 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

A little on the thin side. Funny. If he still had that spark they were looking for, he might've even had the tenacity to push back on that. Fire in his veins, and all that. "...I take it that your assessment is done, then."

He then tilted his head to the side, looking to Lulu. An eyebrow arched, and he unfolded his arms. He dug out a parcel of smoked meat for his Zangoose to gnaw on, as he talked.

"So. If we're all on the same page... I'm getting hit with the big gun. Then my next step, regardless of what happens, is meeting up with at the second home he has near Mount Chimney, to stake the place out."
Enter scene.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,393 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
radiant [c]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2021 20:42:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
lulu nodded at pryde’s thoughts on , and at his note that was indeed not a giant.

eyes turned on her and the edges of her mouth curled upwards, because it was time. she wasn’t necessarily happy to put someone through this, but there was a sense of thrill knowing that she’d be on the right side of the gun this time. that, and while she’d leave him along, and show him due respect in the halls, lulu still wasn’t a great fan of giona’s.

“yes; well, we’ll try not to keep you from decker too long.”

if it was anything like what it had been from her own experience, he’d be in great pain.

“follow me.”

they’d leave the office and down a few halls until they reached it. the laser was already being set up by assistants. it was huge, and soon pointed the elevated center of the room, over a target on the floor where their subject was to stand.

“we’re here,” she called out to the room. “we’ll begin in ten minutes.”

she’d turn to giona, then.

“up on the platform, please, ferrara.”