awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 1:58:55 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
This was bad. Everything was bad. Gods above, why did this happen? Why had she said yes?

Summer sat in her room in a hotel she rented in Lilycove, on business for her father not too long after the incident after the pool party. Her head rested in her hands as she thought to herself, in her constant state of panic and anxiety now, about why she had agreed to throwing a party with Knox.

Why hadn't she been more careful? This was all her fault.

She began to rock on the bed, trying to calm herself down. She could feel Frigg and Loki come beside her, trying to bring her some comfort. But she couldn't stop. Not the scene of what had happened, and definitely not what her father told her then and now.

"I'm going to kill him, Summer. And you're going to be there when I finish the job."

After a while, Summer pulled herself from her mind, going to wash her face in cold water. She put on her best again. She had a job to do. She couldn't afford to let down her father again.

So when she stepped out into Lilycove City, she was the Summer Prescott again. Not this new Summer Prescott.

Her business didn't take too long, and she didn't want to go back to her room. So she went out, walking with Frigg and Loki at her side. However, as they walked, Frigg stopped, noticing a familiar face. "Frigg, come on, we can't block the sidewalk-"

When she looked, there he was. Sam. A way to know about her brother without actually connecting with him.

Summer stood gaping for a moment before she crossed the street, looking hurried as she chased after him. "Hey. Hey, S-Sam!"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 2:12:35 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
what was he doing? supply run. work. all of the above. it's no surprise to him that he's busy busy busy. even with knox there, healing, he's just, busy, busy, busy.

so needless to say, when an absol comes bounding up to his feet, he makes a curious face. one that clearly states, is that one mine? he realizes she is not a second later. but hecate's ball wiggles on his hip, this absol is familiar. where has--

"summer?"

he turns then, having heard his name the second he made the connection. a soft smile forms as he sees her, and then his ice freezes over.

what if that were summer? would you have killed her too?

summer isn't a threat.

the conversation sobers the smile right off of sam's lips. he's defeated, but manages to plaster on a polite smile for summer.

"it's nice to see you well and alive." knox will be pleased that she's alive, but pissed that i'm talking to her... what do i do, it's rude to just leave???

he's panicking internally, spiraling, confused.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 2:25:59 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Sam stopped. Oh, thank gods, he stopped. Summer could have cried then and there, just out of relief that maybe she'd get answers. But a thought crossed her head.

What if he didn't give her answers about Knox? What if she couldn't learn anything about her brother from him?

A bubble of panic formed in her gut, causing her to swallow hard. She stared at him stupidly for a moment before being able to speak. "I- um..."

More panic built up. She looked around, realizing that they were in public. What if her father was watching her right now? She wouldn't put it past him to keep an eye on her, in case she went to see Knox. She needed to stop acting like a fool and try to speak to him alone.

"Can I talk to you? Not in the open?" Summer kept her voice low, but she regained her composure in case she was being watched. Because she had no idea who her life belonged to anymore.

Loki gave Sam a small nudge, as if insisting. Frigg stood to Summer's side, looking off in the distance like she was guarding her trainer and watching for danger. "Please." She didn't hide the desperation in her voice.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 2:33:36 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
everything about the woman's body language screamed that she was worried, that she was being watched, and he noticed the way her pokémon reacted to her body language. she was definitely scared, of something; of him.

that monster knox hated so badly that was buried beneath the surface screamed within the confines of his mind he'd built around it over the last few days. he was caging the beast and only knox had the key. but it roared, it begged to be released, just at a simple thought of that man.

"of course. do you have a specific place in mind? if not, i can take us to a secluded area. it's detached from the world of technology, and i can only get there with my gardevoir."

basically, she would have to be okay with him taking her someplace by herself... he was going to get shit from knox when he found out about this, but he felt this was best, and he'd as for forgiveness... again. besides, he didn't plan on killing summer.

even if she joined him, summer was a no-no, and summer wanted what was best for knox. how did he know?

because when knox was mentioned, the look in her eyes, it was like a distorted reflection of how he felt. it was a deep uncontrollable care. and it hurt.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 3:46:16 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Relief washed over her, though it didn't appear obvious on her face. She was just glad that he didn't push her away. She hoped that he didn't see her as a threat.

Pre-pool party Summer would have laughed at her for thinking about this. Called her weak and pathetic. But she could only be grateful for him.

"Yes. Anywhere that isn't in public eyes," she said, reaching to her side to pull out two pokeballs. One for Loki, and one for Frigg. She pulled them back into their respective balls so transport would be easier. A pause. "I promise that I'm speaking for myself right now. I'm not trying to trick you." Though she had some reassurance that he believed her. She still felt compelled to tell him the truth, that she just wanted to talk to him.

No tricks. No evil. Just Summer.

Summer looked back at him. "Just act natural. We could be watched right now." She brushed her hair over her shoulder to put on the air of confidence, though she had none.

"Please, lead the way."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 15:13:59 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam released his gardevoir as she put her other pokémon into their capsules. she seemed genuine, she seemed nervous. it was a tell sign for a prescott apparently. he remembered what it looked like for sam to say he'd die for knox and for knox to immediately become so nervous he just started spewing words.

cute.

but that wasn't important. for now, he took his gardevoir's hand and held out his hand to summer.

"i understand the situation."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2021 21:53:17 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer just felt relief. Sam seemed to trust her, and he was going to talk to her. That's all she needed. So, she took his hand, allowing his Gardevoir to take them away to a place where they would be safe.

Where Summer felt like she could be safe for the first time since the incident.

When they arrived, Summer allowed herself to relax, sighing and releasing the tension from her composed position. She allowed Frigg and Loki to join her, if only to keep her calm and collected as she talked to her, potentially, only connection to her brother.

"Are you with him?" she asked. "Do you stay with him?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 13:59:09 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the bright open space in which they teleported was a piece of the mountain he'd found that looked more like it was a beautiful vacation home spot, and less like a haunted vallen on mt. pyre. beautiful blooms, psychic types rustling about in various areas. but the calm of the place had shooed away the ghosts.

"yes." he was in fact with him, and he did in fact stay with him. he didn't have labels but he knew that much. "he's recovering from his injuries well enough. we've hit a few rough patches," like his glalie eating marcus, "but we're safe."

though, it was only a matter of time...

"did your father catch me on the security tapes at all?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 2:58:06 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
The words hit her ears.

Yes.

We're safe.

Summer's heart thumped loudly in her chest, and tears welled in her eyes. She felt one fall down her cheek, and then another. Shit, she didn't want to cry in front of Sam. Why couldn't she stop them? She raised her hands to brush them away, but more followed.

Weak. Pathetic. Never good enough.

"He's safe. He's safe..." she repeated quietly, moving to sit on the ground to process it for a moment. She felt Loki crawl into her lap, curling there to offer her company.

Looking up, she shook her head. "No. At least, I don't think so. He never mentioned seeing you." Normally, Summer would do investigating tapes herself, but she was restricted now.

Her father didn't trust her. She could be colluding with his enemy. She had to earn her spot beside him again.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 3:16:00 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"i understand, don't stress over it. if he had, i'm sure we would have found out about it by now."

he's not sure what more he can do, or what more he can say. does he ask summer what she is doing? if she is okay? has knox already asked her that? he supposes, for knox' sake, he'll ask.

"asking if you are okay feels redundant, given that you're clearly not; my proof being that you're crying."

loki wasn't the only one to join her in the grass. sam took a seat as well, and his gardevoir moved in front of him and began dancing in the small field. this was her favorite spot on the mountain. she twisted her body, hummed a happy song, hoping to give summer some of her happier emotions to lift her spirits.

"but what i can do, is ask... how can i help?"
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 3:28:49 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer absentmindedly stroked Loki's fur, willing herself to stop crying. Because she got all the confirmation that she needed that her brother was alive, healing, and safe. Sam was his caretaker, and he was hidden from his father in some capacity because as far as they knew, the lackeys he sent to find Knox hadn't found him yet.

Well, of course, Summer and her father did not know they were dead. Only that they have been quiet for a while.

She glanced to the side when Sam took a seat beside her on the grass. "You don't... you don't have to comfort me," she choked out, turning to glare down at the grass. Because she felt weak and unstable.

However, with his Garevoir dancing and his asking how to help instead of pitying her- well, that was what it took to let go of the rest of the dam.

Summer covered her face as she let out a sob. "I don't know. I don't know. He's in danger at all times, Sam. If he finds him, he will kill him. He wants me to be there when it happens. He wants me to find him if I can."

It all just started to tumble out of her mouth.

"All of this is my fault. If I had told him no, this wouldn't have happened. I'm the reason he's being persecuted!"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 14:39:26 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
summer is in shambles beside him and he's just silent. he takes in her emotions and categorizes them as not his own. they aren't his to deal with. he knows what they are, he recognizes them. she's worried and she feels guilty.

she's harboring so much. must have been a prescott problem.

"blaming yourself isn't productive. as a matter of fact, it's counter productive. if you blame yourself for everything that's happened, then you trick yourself into a false sense of control. eventually, everything will crumble beneath you, and the guilt will wash you away."

he speaks from heartbreaking experience.

"but you also can't blame others. where then, does that leave you?" his eyes go to his gardevoir, she's spinning and dancing like the beautiful creature that she is to him. "it leaves you... tired."

with a shrug, he looks to the grass and moves his fingers along it.

"the truth of it is, summer, is that it's just life. yes, there is a controlling factor hear of your father, and ultimately, given facts and witnessed accounts, he is to blame. which brings to mind, how do you eradicate the problem?"

he had a few clever ideas, but he knew he couldn't do it alone, and he didn't know of anybody who would help him given the chance...that, and he wasn't sure knox would allow him.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 17:39:20 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Eradicate the problem?

Summer paused in her wallowing, looking up from her arms and her Nickit to look at Sam. Of course she knew that her father was the issue. She knew he was to blame in all of this.

But to get rid of him?

Could she actually bring herself to do that when all along, she had been at his side, his loyal pawn in his world of business and this crazy, messed up family?

The shock was evident on her face as she stared at him. Because besides Knox, whom she had a rocky relationship with in the past, her father was the only person in her life who actually seemed to care about her. Whether or not it was an act, he had always held her up to a high standard and given her praise.

Said he loved her.

"I... I don't know." It was all she could say in her shocked state, suddenly scared out of her mind at the thought.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 17:46:02 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam does, he's thought about it since the night knox got his broken nose. since eden looked him in the eyes and said to tell knox 'no' every once in a while.

he still hasn't done that, but he doesn't believe in denying people by simply ordering them about. he wants equal ground. he wants to compromise, he'll feel if knox won't break his heart in half when he does feel.

what a whirlwind that'll be.

but he knows not what is to come. he knows not that knox will leave him, for four days, with very little communication, for the very woman he's speaking to.

"killing him will solve any problems, but knox has said he doesn't want that, so my hands are tied." at least he's honest? "but getting him sent to jail won't correct the problem, because he'll find a clever lawyer to slither him out through the cracks."

which had sam concocting and brewing an idea.

"i've thought about kidnapping him and torturing him, manipulating him how he's manipulated you two. i've thought about burying him alive. i've thought about dragging him into with my own bare hands if i have to."

each time he saw the bruises he thought of another clever way to bring father prescott to the point of being just a name on a gravestone.

"but knox won't let me."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 20:25:53 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Each word, each plan that Sam had for her father made Summer's face turn a shade paler. How could he do such a thing? To her father? The only person who seemed to love her in this world?

Of course, she wasn't thinking straight. She didn't realize the manipulation she had gone through, how she was practically tortured every day by simply being in his existence. But for all she knew, he made some rash decisions. And this was one of them.

Maybe one day he'd forgive Knox, she thought.

She prayed.

"Sam... you don't really think that, do you?" she asked quietly. Summer was looking at him with a look of pure shock, her red eyes that were usually so calm and composed wide.

"Or... are you serious?"