1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 20:30:53 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"why wouldn't i be?"

sam's question leaves his lips without any hesitation. he's thought about it, so many times, and he isn't bothered by the fact that people are amazed that he's contemplated murder so casually. his mother often told him,

'thoughts like that are frowned up, you probably shouldn't voice them, not unless you trust that person like you trust me.'

maybe he was foolish to think he could trust summer and it is only as she looks at him that sam takes in a deep breath. he refuses to lie and say he doesn't mean it, so instead, he explains himself.

"summer... i'm not sure that you know this, but the way your father treats you is enough to get him thrown in jail. the way he treats knox is the same. if you have a disagreement with your child, the rational decision shouldn't be shoving them or hitting them so hard you expose their cheekbones."

his eyes grow dark, each and every instance of knox' injuries move through his head. he furrows his brows, frowns.

"you're both being mistreated and manipulated and you're both too deep into his clutches to see it."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 1:04:33 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
"The way he works is enough to get him in jail, Sam. The way he treats me or Know doesn't matter in the least," she pointed out, though it seemed to come across defensively.

She clenched her jaw. "I don't know how you grew up. But this is how we were raised. To do our job right or to get punished. It's the only thing we know. It's how we work efficiently... or get thrown aside." Of course, Summer and know were two sides of the same coin. She was the successful one, the perfect child that did no right from wrong, until now.

Knox had always been the one that did wrong, therefore he was punished. And she was told that he deserved it. She had believed it too.

Summer sighed, looking away from Sam again. "My father says he loves me. That I'm important. How is that manipulation?"

But, she was in too deep to realize it.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 14:12:29 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the way he treats you and knox is what matters to me, is what he wants to say. but he doesn't. he bites the inside of his bottom lip and watches the way the grass rustles beneath his gardevoir's feet.

"my mother has never raised a hand to me but once, that i can remember. i was three years old when it happened. she spanked me, once, and from that point on, i knew never to do anything against her that would warrant her rage. instead, i acted my best and did what i could to relieve the stress from her everyday life."

that was how he was raised. she shared how she was raised, it was his turn.

"if i had helped somebody when i wasn't supposed to, if i had helped somebody that my mother didn't like or didn't agree with, like you helped knox, she wouldn't throw me onto the ground and tell me she was disappointed. she would ask me, out of love, to explain myself so she could understand. if she still didn't understand, we would, out of love, agree to disagree."

his brows furrow as he shakes his head.

"perhaps it's simply that we were raised differently but... i honestly cannot fathom that there is a love where it is okay to in any way, emotionally or physically, to abuse the one you claim to love."

it was why he was so careful with his words when dealing with knox. it was why he refused to allow himself to be angry at knox. he instead took it out on the enemies he faced, though only one thankfully so far in hoenn, and sometimes in his work outs or while digging a grave. other times, he'd take up a boxing class at the local gym.

no big deal.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 3:56:23 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Sam spoke about his mother. And she sounded like something completely foreign to Summer. Sure, maybe in the beginning, when they were young, things were happy and as normal as they could be for a couple of rich kids.

But things changed. Where was their mother? She wasn't sure. Knox lost her father's trust. She was the one who had to handle business, keep Knox away, everything.

That was her normal.

Summer picked at the grass. "I don't know what love is, Sam. I just know the love my father gave me, and I'm afraid to lose that too. I've already lost Knox." She threw the grass she picked in front of her.

"If I come anywhere near him, my father will find out. He has eyes on me everywhere. And, one interaction means that he will kill him. So what other choice do I have but to accept what I have?"

Summer shook her head. "I'm afraid we aren't going to agree, Sam. I can't give this up yet. Not until I know I can find a way that Knox isn't in danger anymore because of me."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2021 12:29:35 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
but what if what your father is giving you isn't love? it certainly wasn't to sam, not by definition, and even by disguise. but manipulation, physical and mental, is a tricky thing.

a tricky thing that sam is trying so hard not to use as his excuse to remove their father from existence.

"you're not the danger, summer." if she had been, he would have argued with knox about her being 'off limits.' "you're a victim, just like knox. the true danger is your father, and until you both see that, knox will never be safe. father or not, he's threatened your lives multiple times and abused you both more times than the other night, i'm sure. that's not healthy, it's not acceptable-- not to me, anyway."

standing, he gave summer a soft smile.

"nothing will ever be safe while he is breathing, but knox has tied my hands. so if you both die because of your father, which is the inevitable ending to this story if it continues as thus, then i'll have to carry the burden of obedience for the rest of my life."
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 21:59:25 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer watched him stand, squinting her eyes against the sunlight that appeared behind him. He continued to insist she wasn't a threat, but she somehow didn't find it convincing. Especially since she knew that if she was found near Knox...

Well, her father would have a good way of tracking him.

She glanced back at the ground before tapping at Loki to get her off her lap. The Nicket climbed off and stretched, staring at her with a concerned look. Summer pushed herself up, standing beside Sam.

"I can only ask you for one thing that you will agree with me for now," she said. "Take care of Knox. If you find any sign of danger, take him away. I still think you are in the clear. But, if my father recognizes you have a connection with him, you will have to go into hiding."

Digging into her bag, Summer pulled out her burner phone. That way, her father shouldn't be able to track her contacts.

"Give me your number. I'll try to give you warnings if it comes down to it. And contact me if there's anything that comes up." She handed the flip phone over, both of her pokemon at her side as they all peered at Sam.

Like he was their savior in some way.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 1:01:10 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"that's fine. if he can track me through your phone, i'll be impressed."

war made him paranoid. not only did he have a way of pinging his phone in a different place in every region, but it never pinged remotely close to wherever he was in the current region in which he resided. how? war connections are quite handy. helping the living with their dead earned him a lot of perks.

some he's not terribly proud of. others, useful; like this one.

sam put his information into the flip phone, leaving the contact name blank for her to fill if she wanted. or if she wanted to leave it blank, that was fine with him as well. he did, however, purpose to send himself a text from her phone so he could save her name for later.

"...i know i come of harsh and very blunt, so i apologize if i was in any way intimidating. it wasn't my intention."

he's aware he's the equivalent to talking to a robot. being self-aware is half the battle, right?
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
bed of nails [c]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 2:54:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: