4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 11:52:16 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
if it had been meant to be shared, theo should have said something.

did he think she meant literally all of them? it was just the bats. and… well… her cat.

she laughed. ”are you serious? come on.” a moment, assessing the look on his face as hers fell a small bit. ”i have three gym badges.”

actually, she’d had three, until she’d thrown the silph badge into the ocean.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 12:08:47 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"only three?"

hm.

the change in her expression, as subtle as it may be, is noticed, and for a moment he second-guesses himself. is he out of line?

no. it's his job to make sure rocket members are ready and capable to fight.

"from where?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 12:29:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her face went sour. fernando had given her a similar reaction.

”the skyrider badge from ivanov, and the creativity/meadow badge from marsh.” she’d particularly liked that one. lulu liked bugs.

she sighed bitterly and took another bite, her appetite slowing down. maybe theo would get some toast after all.

”and the silph badge from fuckface.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 12:32:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"hm."

whatever theo's true thoughts are of those particular gym leaders are kept to himself.

"impressive, but we should still schedule some time to work on your battling."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 12:40:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
probably a good decision.

impressive. she didn’t believe it now, but it seeded a desire to make it true. a constant need to prove herself, and all—especially to him.

”…”

”how many badges do you have?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 12:42:59 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]her question is expected, and after a long pause, he finally answers.

"zero."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 13:09:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she eyed up at him narrowly, indignant.

”hm.”

then put down the plastic fork after only a few bites, feeling an odd pain in her stomach—but not to do with the food. more to do with unwanted memories, and never feeling quite good enough.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 13:46:05 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the plastic fork is set down, and silence washes over them once again; this time, however, it's uncomfortable, and so he does something he wouldn't normally.

"i didn't mean to discredit your abilities as a trainer."

he sighs.

"i simply meant there's always ways to improve, and i'd like to help you do just that."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 14:14:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
did she look that affected? weak. there was self-disgust, and it spiraled. caught her off-guard.

”what? i know. it’s fine. i get it.”

so much to learn. her ears got warm of their own accord, and she averted her still narrowed eyes, willing it away. 

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 14:22:59 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]his gaze drifts away as well, down to the snorunt balancing on his foot. he purposefully tips it over to one side, watching it slide off his foot.

"i've been told i can be a bit harsh at times."

his foot flats against the floor.

"but i'm just trying to help you survive."

as he always has.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 14:36:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
theo had two feet, so the snorunt tried out the other instead, clearly not offended or discouraged.

lulu looked up again, the slightest pink still leaving her face without her notice.

”well. i’m surviving.” clearing her throat, she then reiterated more firmly, ”it’s fine. you’re not too harsh.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 15:04:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]i'm surviving.

"good."

it's all he wants to hear, really.

his gaze returns when hers does, and he notices the slightest pink.

"but i could be less harsh."

snorunt drops to the floor yet again.

"would you like that?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 15:17:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
why would she want him to be less harsh? it was the harshness that she craved. the familiar. it was all impossible and conflictive.

her eyes softened for the smallest moment before her defenses took over her face again.

”no.” she responded. ”i don’t want you to be easier on me than anyone else.” why would he be, anyways?

the snorunt settled, still pushed up against the side of theo’s heel.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 15:28:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he shakes his head.

"i wouldn't say i'd be easier on you."

for someone who's spent years training people, it took him far too long to realize:

"i've come to learn that people learn in different ways. it's easier for me to compromise or to change my methods than it is for them to adapt to mine."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 18:11:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
the blush had passed, quickly forgotten.

”that makes sense, i guess.”

having done terribly in school, maybe if she’d had teachers with a similar mindset, she wouldn’t have had to learn to hack into the grade books. this didn’t occur to her, though. lulu was still stuck on picking apart why he was being soft. she didn’t need soft.

she pushed the toast towards him. ”i’m full. want the rest?” she actually hadn’t eaten much of it. lucky him.