thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 18:15:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]as much as it does make sense, he can't deny the viability of training people using his one standard method. it's the same method that had been taught to him, through pain and hardship.

it's part of the reason why they had been successful in kanto, and perhaps why they've yet to do the same here.

but he finds that he much prefers what he's doing now, even if it is deemed softer.

as the toast is pushed towards him, he quickly nods, allowing a soft smile to grace his expression.

"thanks."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 18:29:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she watched him smile with no mimicry, but brief curiosity before peering down at the snorunt, which had fallen asleep at theo’s foot. it kicked in a dream, and she felt the pull, and her attention to everything else wane. she was tired. there was a greater hunger. 

but after a moment, she blinked and willed herself to look away. back to reality.

”there is something i need help with,” she admitted. ”the shadow alakazam walsh gave me. it’s tried to kill me several times already.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 18:36:48 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]she catches him mid-bite but he has no issues continuing, unabashed in the way he whittles down at the cube of kalosian toast.

"i don't have much experience with shadow pokemon. but i'll try my best."

he'll likely have to ask for help, seeing as he's more than familiar with them.

"anything else?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 18:48:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
asking her brother for help was something that had never been an easy thing for lulu, regardless of how much sense it made. she wanted nothing more than to seem perfectly self-sufficient and just as good as him—at everything. this had never been any different.

anything else? 

a moment of silent, before a reluctant: ”yeah.”

”there’s a zarude i came upon recently that’s a bit of a handful… and then my perrserker, maybe. went a bit wild after the war…”

if she was honest? everything—but there was no way in hell she’d say that.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 18:58:29 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"okay. we'll work on them."

the kalosian toast dwindles down to nothing but scraps. he pushes the plate away, satisfied.

and after a moment, he glances back up at her.

"...anything else?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 19:05:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
he gave her another chance for truth. she thought of her 150+ pokemon, pursed her lips a little and shook her head.

”nope.”

unbeknownst to her, amber eyes began to darken some.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 19:11:57 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]nope.

so simple.

the darkening of her eyes is noticed. why it happens exactly, he has no idea, but he begins to pack up regardless, even if he'd much rather stay.

"i'll let you get back to work now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 9:04:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
she’d let him leave with no protest, attention focusing more and more on the sleeping snorunt—at least, up until it awoke at theo’s shifting around. she snapped out of it, eyes returning again to their bright amber.

with a breath, she looked towards him.

“okay.” a pause. “that really all you came here for?” to bring her food?

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 9:23:23 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"mhm."

depositing the last of the containers back into the bag, he looks back up at her.

"well, and to spend time with you, but we did that, so."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 10:12:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“…”

there was silence at first, and the snorunt, relentless in its quest for attention, tapped at theo’s heel. lulu paid it no mind; it was his problem for feeding it one too many ice cubes.

“oh.”

she stared, with the same expression as usual in moments like this one. dazed and disarmed—and it was a face she only made to him; a fact which she utterly hated.

“okay.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 15:41:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]attention is finally given to the snorunt. he bends down to scoop it up with a single hand, carrying it for moments as he looks back over at lulu.

she wears a familiar expression, and it's one he remembers but has yet to ever comment on.

this time, however, he does.

"you okay?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 16:02:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
ah, heaven. snorunt settled into theo’s shoulder again, grimacing back at lulu.

something in lulu snapped back into place.

“what? yeah, what do you mean?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 16:32:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]carefully, he approaches.

"you often look lost whenever i say something..."

what's the right word?

"...personal? intimate?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 16:42:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
intimate?

inwardly, she fumbled. her mouth went a little dry, and she felt a bit like her throat was closing up. maybe she was allergic to shit like this.

he approached, and she took a step back, not entirely retreating, but skittish.

she looked lost because she was.

“i don’t… know what you’re talking about,” she nearly croaked.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
DONTTRUSTME
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2021 16:51:23 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"you don't?"

somehow, he believes her. she looks about as lost as the newest recruit on the submarine.

his gaze never parts.

"you even blushed earlier."

[attr="class","noodles"]