Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 6:06:57 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]
A RECKONING LONG DUE...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

the oceanic museum.
[break][break]
he came here often and basked in the solace of the cerulean hued tanks, his mind flitting through memories of the moments of peace he and his mother shared in the museums of kanto.
[break][break]
it was shattered at a sound that stilled his body, and froze his blood. a laugh so familiar that he could never forget it. turning, he found himself looking for its source, never more afraid in his life than he was now.

[newclass=.king3]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WsgTz14/grimmylong9.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 6:28:45 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

oh, arceus.

the sound of her laugh faded in an instant when their eyes met.

her mouth went dry. her face grew hot, and her stomach twisted, and her hand instinctively reached towards their her daughter, pulling her closer by the shoulder.

“del,” she breathed.

it’d been six years. maybe, somehow, he wouldn’t think it was possible.

“we gotta go. come on.”

turning, they began to walk briskly in the other direction, delta nearly being pushed along with a guiding hand.

this wasn’t the reaction sage thought she’d have if she ever saw him again, and as she fled, she felt the heat of rage for those he'd slain. still, the feeling that overwhelmed most was fear.

not with delta around.

the little girl looked around confusedly, eyes falling on the man even as her mother hurried her off. her eyes matched his perfectly.

sage's hand went up to her redirect her head, turning it back forwards gently with a palm on her cheek–surely not as subtle as she meant for it to be.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 6:51:44 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

the blues of his meets sagira, unable to break. they widen in shock, pupils narrowing as adrenaline courses through his body, forcing his heart to beat at the same speed as a hummingbird. she recognizes him, he can tell immediately, and her arm shoots out to embrace the shoulder of a small thing beside her.
[break][break]
a little girl. a little girl was beside her. a little girl with hair as strange as his own, and eyes that could only belong to a wayland.
[break][break]
could she...?
[break][break]
sage is moving before the thoughts finish their score, and his knees quake slightly. a weakness he hadn't felt since he was a child floods in. before he knows it, he's moving after her, words barely above a whisper.
[break][break]
"gira."
[break][break]
he finds his voice after a step, unable to help himself from calling after her.
[break][break]
"GIRA!"
[break][break]

[newclass=.king3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king3 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king3 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WsgTz14/grimmylong9.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 7:14:05 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

why does he know mom’s name?

delta said nothing, as usual, but a blue brow furrowed, holding onto suspicion. her eyes went up to sage intensely as they walked, but above, the woman’s stare looked ahead, far-off; as though she'd seen a ghost.

”just keep walking del.”

for a brief moment, sage shut her eyes and took a deep breath.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 7:28:32 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

where she walks - albeit, quickly) - he runs. it doesn't take long for him to come up on the mossy hair colored woman, out of breath and holding back a slight tremble.
[break][break]
king keeps his space, no more than ten or so feet from her and the small girl.
[break][break]
here, he becomes all too aware of the fact this could be a league ambush, set-up by his former best friend.
[break][break]
but he doesn't care.
[break][break]
"who-"
[break][break]
king swallows, shoulders stiffening.
[break][break]
"who are you?"

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 7:47:35 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

she heard his footsteps; knew he was right there. she fully expected a hand to grab her shoulder, before he stopped short, questioning himself.

“wrong pers—”

delta ducked under her mother’s hand to spin towards the man, maybe breaking his distance a step or two with the suddenness. her eyes peered up at him with confusion and curiosity, drawn to features that matched her own with such perfection.

sage turned, panicked. delta.”

she bent to grab the girl’s hand, eyes never leaving king. her foot took a step towards the other direction.

“you need to leave us alone.”
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 9:10:32 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

where she's bold, and curious, he matches if but to a smaller degree.
[break][break]
as she approaches, king's gaze shifts to her, expression conflicted in an a mixture of anger, confusion, and deep sadness.
[break][break]
"delta."
[break][break]
he echoes her name, voice barely above a whisper, and drops to one knee. his hands reach out, shaking, barely even extending a foot from himself. a deep, buried fear takes over, and he lets gravity win, dropping them.
[break][break]
finally, he turns to the near-fleeing ghost again, expression hardening despite how molten his heart felt.
[break][break]
"what's goin' on?"
[break][break]
beneath the cerulean pools, a challenge lies in wait.

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 13:53:48 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

the longer she looked at him, the less easy it got to hold it all together. her nostrils flared as her teeth grit, willing herself to hold in so many of the words she wanted to scream at him.

though maybe unlike her, in that moment, she wanted nothing more than to crush him. to hold him accountable.

finally, words slipped on a tone of utter hatred.

“i know what you did.”

she pulled delta closer still, other hand reaching towards a pokéball threateningly.

“i’m still an officer.”
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2021 7:12:26 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

his eyes widen at her accusations, and he nearly finds himself falling forward. his sheer force of will, to not harm the child, keeps him steady, and he uses that resolve to stand.
[break][break]
attempts at controlling his breathing are weak, and his chest rises and falls heavily.
[break][break]
"i... had my reasons."
[break][break]
king swallows, finding it hard to reason his actions in-front of the woman that set it all off. his eyes flicker to her hand, and he steels his jaw noticeably.
[break][break]
"that's not necc'sary."
[break][break]
he remembers her team well. she too, should remember his. she didn't want a fight. neither does he.
[break][break]
"i'm not here ta fight, i'm here cus—"
[break][break]
his expression hardens to match his jawline.
[break][break]
"—yer dead, 'gira. at least, ye should be. what's. going. on?"
[break][break]
a spark of anger trickles near the end.

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2021 7:23:53 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

reasons.

it nearly split her resolve to simply stand her ground. it was the worst thing; the fact that after all these years, he could still justify it—regardless of whatever the reason had been in the beginning. all this time to think, and be haunted, and what? no guilt?

she was seething, but she stood rooted there, her chin craned at him with disdain.

“you’re right. i should be.” just like the rest of them.

delta eyed up between them in confusion.

sage shook her head. “you’re not really in a position to be asking me questions.”
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 5:55:54 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

her body language told him everything he needed to know.
[break][break]
she hated him.
[break][break]
the pit that had formed in his stomach half a decade ago dredged even deeper now. he'd always known she would - if she was alive, that is - and now he had his confirmation.
[break][break]
"ye don't know what it was like."
[break][break]
he starts calm, but the venom inevitably begins to sleep in.
[break][break]
"after ye died they turned on me. every single one of 'em. it was my fault. i should've been there. i should've died instead."
[break][break]
by now, he's trembling with rage.
[break][break]
"even matty didn'-"
[break][break]
his words falter, as his face goes through a dozen different emotions. it settles on unfathomable rage.
[break][break]
"he knew. he fuckin' knew."
[break][break]
king didn't need to elaborate. he couldn't, even if he wanted too. breath came labored as long repressed emotions began to surface.

[break]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 16:29:43 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

hadn’t exactly given her a reason that day she’d dropped by. as she really processed his words, though, she began to realize what it was.

whatever hate had been on her face faltered, overturned by the wave of shock when it occurred to her that she might’ve not only unfairly dodged death, but was also perhaps to blame in a way for the deaths of so many.

it was only when the rage took king over that sagira took a step back with delta.

“i had to leave,” she defended—but still, she gave him no reason. her hand gripped tighter on a small shoulder. “i didn’t mean for that to happen to you.”

with a powerful breath, she glared at him and stood her ground again. “and it does not begin to justify what you’ve done.”
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2021 4:44:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king4"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

"i'm sure ye didn't."
[break][break]
his voice drips with venom, and sarcasm; both emotions tasted even more bitter than the last.
[break][break]
"but it happened — 'n i don't need ta justify myself ta you, matty, or 'nyone else. i was yer friend, and ye didn't just lie ta me — ye faked yer fuckin' death, gira. ye and matty both faked yer death."
[break][break]
it takes all the effort he has to not take a step forward involuntarily.
[break][break]
"i'm sure ye both had a real good fuckin' laugh at my expense as i was ridiculed, shamed 'n all but exiled by the people i've known fer years."
[break][break]
he'd thought of this moment for years. how he'd beg for her forgiveness, and give her permission ta end his life. she was the ghost he was chasing at the end of every shot of whiskey, and now, here she was. only, she wasn't a ghost, or vengeful specter, and never had been.
[break][break]
king runs his hands through his hair, a stinging pain from the force and tension on his roots. his chest felt heavier than lead, and the lump in his throat made swallowing, and even breathing, difficult.
[break][break]
he'd gone over the events of that night in his mind thousands of times. his anger, resentment, and grief, had cost the lives of dozens of men and women. not all were to blame for the treatment of him, but at the time, it didn't matter — nothing did — and as time went on, he dwelled on it more, and more, to the point of a near-psychotic break on more occasions than he'd care to admit.
[break][break]
though, no one else would know, he himself hadn't taken a life that night — not even the rocket members who attacked the safehouse — or any day thereafter. he rationalized to himself that even he had limits, and that night alone was an insult to the memory of the woman he cared so much for.
[break][break]
but none of that mattered.
[break][break]
five years he spent in the wallows of self-pity, and hatred, mulling over his betrayal and mistakes when all along they had betrayed him.
[break][break]
five years.
[break][break]
his eyes widen for a moment, and he pulls his attention back down towards the child. his pupils dilated in focus, red veins of irritation filling the whites of his sclera. for one solitary moment, just one, his anger dimmed and his voice softened to just above a whisper against the dryness of his mouth.
[break][break]
"how old are ye kid?"

[newclass=.king4]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king4]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king4 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/wNs3Rn5/grimmylong10.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 2:23:29 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

a good laugh, he said. it’d been terrifying, and sage hadn’t really thought about the repercussions it might’ve had on king until now. she’d hadn’t known him well enough to realize how he felt about her, then. she only remembered the utter fear of fleeing, of starting over on her own, with no family, yet again—except the one in her womb.

she’d felt shame, too.

tears began to well in her eyes at him but didn’t fall, only glossing her unblinking stare which swelled red. as her chest rose quicker with her breath, a hand went towards her pocket again, this time for a phone which she didn’t yet pull out. she stopped dead when he addressed delta, fire coming out of nowhere.

“don’t talk to her!”

delta seemed undisturbed by her mother, still gazing up at king. she held up five fingers, which were quickly withdrawn inside sagira’s hand. her heart raced. would he put it together?
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
shattered illusions
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 5:30:01 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king4"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]

five.
[break][break]
he knew the answer was coming before she'd even lifted her small, delicate fingers. his eyes matched sagira's, a red rim of bottled emotion, barely holding back tears. he gives delta a trembling smile, standing to cover his mouth with a fist as he chokes back a sob. king just barely manages to turn his head, looking at at the moss haired woman with a conflicted, yet obviously pained expression.
[break][break]
"ye ran... from me?"
[break][break]
the question is thick with emotion; of pain, anguish, sadness and confusion. he'd have torn down the machinations of this world for sagira, if she asked— further for the kid he didn't know he had.
[break][break]
and she ran from him?
[break][break]
he struggles to meet the little girl's eyes again, to have the pools of innocents stare back at him. one day soon, if not already, she'd know what he'd done.
[break][break]
and like her mother, she'd hate him for it.
[break][break]
his heart shatters into unsalvageable pieces at the thought. at the betrayal. at the regret.
[break][break]
king's mind flashes back to the hill — the stakeout — and how he'd confessed his feelings of fatherhood to the woman. he'd given little in regards to his own past, just bits and pieces that the two no doubt put together as a not-so subtle way of saying 'it was bad.'
[break][break]
hell, on more than one occasion he wanted to admit how much he envied the two and their lack of families. but how could you tell an orphan they were the lucky ones? if they knew how it all ended, maybe they would've agreed. but, even after all these years, the shame of his childhood was a heavy burden and not fit for anyone's ears.
[break][break]
he promised he would be nothing like the cold, distant, abusive and manipulative father he was burdened with. that he'd give his kid the world and more — provided they were willing to work for it.
[break][break]
yet here he was. five years too late.
[break][break]
a deadbeat. a turncoat. a criminal. a murderer.
[break][break]
a failure.
[break][break]
"why?"
[break][break]
it's all he could choke out from trembling lips, his own legs going weak from standing.

[newclass=.king4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.king4]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.king4 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.king4 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/wNs3Rn5/grimmylong10.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]