TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 5:22:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

“INDEED.”

Habits dictate that he doesn’t turn away from the computer. He doesn’t have to in order to answer her. But he still does, eyes probing her features for an external grasp on how she’s coping. What he finds is a lack of luster that sits in the backlog of his worries.

They’re in my room.

His condo is spacious but simplistic. Each room feeds into another. No hallways or gimmicks to give it an advanced view. Just an array of interwoven boxes prettied up by some no-name designer.

I have some women’s clothes in the closet. They should fit you.

Why? He doesn’t elaborate. Instead, he goes back to his report, reading snippets of online articles to get a better picture of the situation. Up close, Stormy will see several unfamiliar terms triggering the spell check underline.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 5:33:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
She blinks, twice, before pulling away again and nodding.

"Okay."

It would normally spark a reaction from her to hear that he kept women's clothing in his room. Normally, it would sting, and she would be assertive and say something because it would sting in some stupid, inappropriate way.

Because they aren't her clothes.

But she doesn't say anything at all, and instead walks away slowly to retrace her steps. Back to his bathroom, back into his room, opening drawers and drawing fingers over various fabrics. Nothing stands out because it doesn't belong to her. Nothing in her proper size or style because it doesn't matter.

She shrugs something on and hangs up the towel to dry and returns to the bathroom to clean up the tattered, blood-stained dress. In the other room, she can hear Fernando clicking away at his keyboard. The silence is relaxing if only because his presence in general keeps her calm.

Eventually, she returns to the same room he is in to sit in a chair across from him and sit quietly.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 20:06:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

AT FIRST, it doesn’t bother him. He doesn’t care. What she does with her time is of no concern. But when it presses on. When minutes bear into sizable chunks, does he decide to speak up.

You’re free to do whatever you want,” he mentions in passing. Anything to get the unnerving feeling of someone looking over his shoulder to die down.

There’s a tablet in the kitchen if your phones dead.

All the while he remains oblivious to the real problem brewing in words unspoken.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 20:18:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
His discomfort isn't noted. His suggestion or encouragement for her to do something else, to do 'whatever she wants' is met with a subtle nod. She hears it, but she isn't really listening.

Her mind is on something else, jumping to conclusions, re-living what had happened.

But more than that, her mind is somewhere dark where cruel and unfair thoughts begin to fester. When he mentions the tablet and her phone, she realizes she's lost it- and her purse. In the confusion, she hadn't thought about gathering her belongings. Rushing to coat check on her way out of a misty haze of insanity must have slipped her mind.

"Have I failed?"

The woman's voice is barely above a whisper, and her eyes flick up from her hands knotted together in front of her to meet his. She doesn't maintain eye-contact, however, for fear what of what she might find reflected back at her.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 22:00:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

“NO.”

There’s no hesitation behind his words. They come out naturally, as if stricken in conversation. No need to think when it comes out naturally.

Awkward silence hovers between his finger and the key underneath. He lets the pause fester into a single thought before he resumes typing. His attention returns to his report.

You’re still alive.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 22:50:37 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
She blinks, pulled sharply from her inner turmoil to watch him. The fear softens for a moment beneath his gaze- but it doesn't last.

"I thought I saw someone before they shot at me. I thought I might have even seen a Pokemon."

But she can't remember because she had been too preoccupied with herself and the influence of the mist to worry about it. Until it had almost been too late, that is.

The woman sucks in a breath, leans back in her seat and smooths her hands down her stomach and across her knees. She squeezes, thinking.

"What are you typing?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 23:08:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

“INDEED.”

It’s the only cue that shows he’s actively listening. The way his eyes remain glued to the monitor, fingers flying, point toward Fernando being engrossed. And, deep down, he does skip over some of her filler words.

A report on what happened.

He clicks his tongue as a period dots the last sentence to his paragraph.

And the connections this has to the Syndicate.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 23:25:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
For once, for now, she's thankful his attention isn't on her. She can see him uninterrupted, watch his intensity focused on someone other than herself. His fingers fly across the keyboard, precise while he jots down every thought that blinks across his mind.

If she wasn't exhausted, she might have pried for more, might have joined him to peer over his shoulder to witness his brain at work.

But she doesn't.

"What's the Syndicate?"

If she was supposed to know about whatever it was, blame it on trauma. Briefly, at the click of his tongue, Stormy glances at his lips pressed together. Focused.

"Did you see anything in the mist?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 4:38:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

“DO YOU REMEMBER THE WARNING I TEXTED YOU?”

It’s a general message that was sent out to certain members of the AQUA INITIATIVE months ago. Fernando, like always, hardly goes into detail. The most pressing information he provides is a rough sketch of their logo, copied from the one revealed in his office.

The Syndicate is a working title I’ve given them. They’ve showed up on Mount Chimney and their logo appeared on the Unown Pokedex.

He shakes his head no.

I never entered the mist but I assume their interconnected. It’s just conjecture for now but until more details arise—

He looks to her this time, pointedly.

It’s all I have to go on.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 4:54:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormy blinks, glancing away from him while she thinks and attempts to recall the details of it. She remembers seeing a warning, but admittedly had not committed it to memory. The realization makes her stomach clench painfully with regret.

"Mount Chimney? Shouldn't we go and investigate, see if we can't find something there?"

His following answer strikes a chord in her. She revisits feelings of jealousy and agitation. They are a distraction for the panic gripping her now, but she preys on it anyway.

"How did you escape the mist? I saw you with Illeana. You left with her, I thought, and she was in the mist, too."

She meets his gaze, too, her fingers clench and relax quickly.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 6:54:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

AN EYEBROW HITCHES.

and I danced. Once. And then I left for business with an associate.

He refrains from letting any outward emotion leak into his tone. The pain of being rejected twice did not go unnoticed. Fernando looks to prey upon the insecurities he helped foster by forcing Reyes to reject her in center stage.

The pieces all start falling into place.

I believe she went seeking afterwards. I’m not quite sure, nor do I particularly care.

A swivel of his rolling chair points him back at his computer. He makes a minor adjustment to his report, adding Illeana and Remy’s names in one of the footnotes.

I never entered the mist,” he reveals.

He never had the chance.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 1:17:36 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
They danced.

But there was something more to it than that. There had been an uncomfortable swirl of emotions that rose when she'd witnessed it-- when Illeana had pulled away from her.

She hadn't been requesting Illie's company though, not really.

"No, I suppose that you don't."

Because if he did, he would have paid attention, and he would have been there sooner. Her thoughts are malicious and unfair, manifesting from jealousy and bitterness.

"Do you even want me here?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 1:31:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

“WHAT I WANT—”

When is it ever about what he wants?

Fernando mulls over the question in a split second decision. Distaste flickers across his tongue, polluting the dryness that comes from a paused conversation.

He tempers the flaring emotions that bubble underneath. Held back by the polished exterior of his façade, he recognizes the turmoil within. This time, he bottles it with the cork of a sound decision.

What I want is for you to be okay—whatever avenue that takes.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 22:24:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
His response does not satisfy her, not that it ever truly has. Once more, he doesn't tell the truth- or at least, not the truth that she wants to hear. She can hear the hesitation or the frustration in his clipped tone and exasperation.

She's annoying him.

So she swallows, clenches her fists tight, and pulls herself away.

"Then I will do what it takes for me to be okay- so that I can leave you alone, Fernando."

What he wants has always mattered.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 19:08:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

HE LAUGHS. Not because it’s funny. There is no amusement to be found here. But laughter is the only natural response that bubbles from the vile pit of his stomach. It escapes with an abrupt pop.

And just like that your fear evaporates.

He knows why she’s doing this. He can read her well enough. And it’s nothing but foolish. Stubbornness.

Where is this resolve when you need it? When it matters most?