3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 2:50:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Bodies fall overtop of one another, skin against skin, tooth and nail.

Pink mist spills, but maybe it disappears. She's dizzy, in pain, gripped by terror and the lasting effects of the haze. It feels like a dream, but she realizes now it was a nightmare.

Mascara drips down pale cheeks; skin ice cold where her fingertips fumble for the door. She's shaking, sobbing, screaming. She's looking to the sky and to the flames that had wrapped around her for a second before disappearing. She felt empty, hollow, desperate, afraid.

Blood stains her burned gown, but it isn't her own. Moltres' scream echoes in her head. It had been the key to breaking her free from the mist, from the promises and the whispers and the false security of his arms.

It should scare her that she looks for him.

But he is the only thing that still feels real. Through a choked sob or scream or indistinct noise of anguish, Stormy stumbles out into the night turning over and over and over her shoulder calling out for him.

"Fernando!"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 8:27:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

MANY REMAIN PETRIFIED FROM THE INTERDREAM ZONE. Abnormal dreams manifested into reality, scions of realities splintered into the hands of those ill prepared to face the consequences of unbridled ambition. For every success, elsewhere lies a failure.

Fernando remains stalwart despite it all. His own misgiving about the encroaching mist means keeping away from it all. If they prove anywhere near as potent as his own, the outcome is obvious. And it is that precaution that spares him the horror of his own what-ifs.

Coordinate with the Mossdeep staff. An immediate evacuation of those able bodied.” He reroutes several rangers that arrive on scene. Unable to find neither or , undoubtedly still sectioned off in the labyrinth of Unown, he commandeers the situation at hand.

We’ll set a perimeter around the containment zone—

He hears his name wailed from heaving lungs. There’s no doubt about it when it repeats for a second time. Duty calls, and otherwise he would’ve ignored it considering the occasion, but there’s little more he can do than conduct the coming numbers of first responders.

Make sure no one approaches the gas. Assist those still stuck but not at the risk of being pulled in.

He turns on his heel once they’ve dismissed. Wide eyes sweep through the crowd until they settle on a familiar set of brown pigtails.

The way he runs to her is more pronounced than it needs to be. From a glance, she’s a bit banged up but hardly worth crying over.

Bronwen.” He gives her a quick once over, still distracted by the chaos at hand.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 13:41:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
She should be picking herself up, she should be helping, be guiding rescue efforts, helping to evacuate civilians. But in the moment, with her heart beating heavily in her chest and her mind racing back to the man with the gun, with the Unown, with the hidden power aimed at her chest-- all she can think about is herself.

It had happened too fast that the pieces don't line up. But she remembers something severing, an absence of colour, of heat. Warmth had left her finger-tips the moment the laser had struck her-- no.

It had struck Moltres.

She stumbles, knees crashing into pavement, palms scraping. When she pulls back, blood and dirt stains her hands. There would be pain if she weren't so numb. She can hear herself crying for Fernando, but the words feel hollow as if she's listening to herself from the outside.

But this isn't a dream, and he can hear her. He can see her. She drags herself back to her feet, dress torn and legs shaking. Instinctively, she reaches to grab hold of his arm in the hopes it would ground her.

Pull yourself together.

His voice is an anchor, and even though it sinks, she holds on.

"We're in danger. There are-- there is--" she chokes, glances over her shoulder sharply as if expecting to see another laser pointed between her shoulders. "Someone tried to shoot me. They shot Moltres."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 9:08:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

UP UNTIL HER FALL, Fernando does little to console her. There’s not mcuh he can do aside from physically be there. Not until her hands wrap around his arms, pulling, latching onto him.

When her words finally prove cohesive, his eyes widen, darting back to the Space Center. “Where is Moltres now?

Should the worst have happened, this goes above them, above her. Her title as Avatar proceeds all else, even that Bronwen. After all, Fernando never sets his eyes away from the goal.

The mission always comes first.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2021 23:04:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Her hands are shaking, the skin scraped and beading with blood. But she can't feel it because she is inevitably going into shock. Time moves rapidly and in slow-motion, confused and jumbled and messy. The strength she had, the confidence, the heat, it all feels like it's fading.

It isn't. Not really.

But she is plummeting, spiraling, taking a gut-punch so hard she feels like vomiting.

"I don't know. I don't know, Fern! It's gone, it's bleeding, it's- it's--"

She's panicking, if that is not already abundantly clear.

"I need to find it, I need to find Moltres. I need to protect it, I need to-- what do-- what am I supposed to do?"

And that, finally, is when she attempts to slow her breathing and pull herself together. She couldn't be weak, she couldn't break- not now. So she licks her lips, loosens her vice-grip on Fernando's arm until her shaking hand can take hold of his.

"I need to find Moltres."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 9:27:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

HE HATES THIS. The quivering. Horrendous blubbering that makes no sense. To say Stormy doesn’t earn an ounce of his sympathy is a bold faced lie. But what is he supposed to make from the mess that unravels in front of him?

He cannot do anything. He is just as helpless, bottlenecked by her trauma as he tries to unwind what little he can.

Gone.

Moltres is gone. An Avatar without it’s patron. A Legendary he had the chance of prying from her incapable hands pilfered right out from under him.

Unacceptable.

But now is not the time for that. A whirlwind of thoughts are discarded—his mind is quiet with the held breath of a hunter waiting to take his shot.

And he does.

His arms wrap around her, looping across her back as he pulls her in close. They squeeze until their chest press against each other, burying her head into the canvas of his chest.

It’ll be okay Bronwen.

Because of the one silver lining form all of this. If she cannot recover that which she has lost…

Then he no longer needs her.

I’m here for you,” for now.

Everything will be okay.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 18:52:02 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
It takes her too long to catch her breath, to still her rapidly beating heart into something she can take hold of. She had been spiralling, but reaching out for him, grasping something physical, something real, was enough to hold her head above water.

He pulls her close to him and her cheek presses to his chest. The woman's shaking stills and she focuses on the steady beat of his heart against her ear. She exhales slowly, swallows, gathers her strength. She breathes in again slowly, forcing herself to listen, to be calm.

"I--" love you "can I stay with you? Please, I don't want to be alone."

What if her attacker tried again? He had picked her out of the crowd with intent, he had known who she was, who he was aiming for- or so she assumed. Going home felt like a dangerous mistake.

She holds him a little bit tighter, holding onto his promises and his comfort.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 23:47:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

HER QUESTION BEARS DOWN ON HIM WITH AN INTENSITY GRAVITY CANNOT MATCH. He can feel the weight of her request compound upon their situation. It’s improper to refuse but right now she’s nothing more than a burden.

It’s hard enough to carry the weight he already shoulders.

And yet he responds immediately, “of course.

Resentment festers but their relationship proves more important than his own inner turmoil. “But I have work to do,” he responds in a lower voice, as if consoling a child.

Bodies continue to spill past them as workers barge into the Space Center to assist with evacuations.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 0:17:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Relief.

She buries her cheek deeper, but the motion is fleeting, as it always is. Even when she needs him the most, it is never the right time, never appropriate.

Even if he doesn't pull away physically, he pulls away with his words. Stormy wipes her tears and detaches herself from him.

"I know. I know you do. I'll help."

I can help.

She couldn't crumble. Not here. Not now. Not in front of him.

"Everything will be okay."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 0:48:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

A REASSURING PAT IS THE LAST COMFORT HE’LL AFFORD HER. She pulls away of her own volition soon after, creating space, and leaving him to gather his bearings. The wet spot on his shirt becomes another meaningless detail in the backdrop as Fernando returns to the scene.

Some work is never done.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 0:59:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
It's all she needs, for now.

Because it's more than he's ever given her, more than he used to give her.

---

It is late when they finally twist the lock and open the door to Fernando's place. But by then, she has crawled back into herself, thrown the blanket over her head and turned out the light. What confidence and strength she managed to conjure in evacuating and helping people out of the soiree was gone now.

She looks like shit.

"Thanks for.. letting me stay."

Dried blood stains the once-beautiful dress she wears, and she glances around the room with a vacant stare.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 1:19:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

“TCH.”

Keys are thrown onto a countertop in the foyer. They jingle when they land, planted next to a luxury brand wallet, realigned to be perfectly symmetrical as Fernando sets the alarm system.

Yeah, make yourself at home.

Tired. Annoyed. Exhausted. TAE, the traditional concoction of emotions Fernando embraces when he finally settles in for the night. They wear at him as he turns on the flat screen television mounted onto the kitchen wall.

Cila, switch to HNN.

Initial reports on the Star Soiree loop over headlines as Fernando places his phone face down on his computer desk.

Go clean yourself up,” he says in passing, undoing the top button of his shirt.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 1:35:29 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
She doesn't hear it, doesn't hear his frustration, his annoyance, his exhaustion. It slips past her unaware because she's too far removed.

But exasperation paves the way to anger.

He tells her to go clean up, but the television flicks on and the same noises that had left her shaking spill into..

"Turn it off."

She hesitates because her voice had trembled when she said it.

"Turn it off."

Her exhale betrays her damage, but she closes her eyes and turns away from the noise on the screen. Forces it to become background noise. She could watch it later, when she was ready. But not now.

Stormy breaks away, regardless of if he turns the television off or not. It doesn't matter, anyway, because she's said it without thinking. She makes her way to the bathroom, to fumble with the settings and curse under her breath about how her life is going to shit.

"Fuck."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 2:57:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

EVERYTHING IS BLUE

AND ALL I SEE IS YOU

CONFRONTATION IS ALWAYS AWKWARD. Pride dignifies that he doesn’t obey. She is a guest, a burden, and should be grateful. But sympathy blossoms from the circumstances of her trauma. Ultimately, the latter wins, and Fernando turns off the television once his computer boots up.

None of that matters because she’s gone by the time it happens.

Whatever she does. However long she takes. It has no impact on him. When she returns, if at all, she’ll find him on his computer scrolling through multiple windows. A small synopsis of his own report sits in a text editor, covered in red underlines.

And, up to standard, Fernando continues to work without end in sight. He knows nothing else.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
everything is blue [s]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 4:20:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
In order to free herself, she ultimately destroys the dress. The zipper gets caught and frustration builds, and the result is ugly. It shreds too easily beneath her palms, the zipper pulled until it snaps and her fingers bloody where they catch on the metal teeth.

She stands under the shower head until her skin prunes. But she doesn't cry, not like she had back there. There is just.. nothing.

When she gets out, she rubs at her eyes and stares at her bare skin, but she stares right through herself as if she is staring at someone else. Her expression almost reflects disgust.

She stands there until she air-dries, too caught up in the way her eyes burn. Fernando never comes, she hadn't expected him to.

Stormy pulls herself away eventually, abandons her destroyed dress and steps out of the bathroom. Her fingers pull the towel tighter, and the cool air from his air conditioning chills her. Maybe it's shock.

"Do you have clothes?"

She stands in front of him, and when his moody response eventually comes into play, she pulls her gaze away from his face to the source of the white light washing out his complexion. Her eyes hang on the red underlines, but exhaustion prevents her from absorbing any of it.