saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 5:08:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
defender of mankind.

fitting, because even now he can see the little golett eventually growing up to be a golurk, big and perhaps even stronger than illie's own.

with the fingers now interlaced, matias holds the golett's hand for as long as it wants him to. he meets her gaze, returning her smile with ease.

"of course."

and in the background, his dusknoir handles the sneaking threat of a spiritomb. its HYPNOSIS is interrupted by a strong SHADOW BALL that downs the ghost-type. a pokeball is rolled towards it after.

catching spiritomb!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 5:21:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]if there's one thing that she knows, it's the simple fact that this little baby will live up to the name matias has given it.

she raises her pokemon with a purpose: to love and protect those around them. no matter what version of herself she becomes, that will never change. it seems, however, that she won't need to teach much to the tiny golett.

"now," she murmurs, head tilting slightly to one side. silver strands tickle her nose and briefly, she scrunches it at the sensation. "can you tell me why you wanted to name it so badly?" her look is expectant, as if he won't just ignore the question.

she has a feeling he will but she'll go through the motions anyway.

passing!

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 5:28:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
she won't let it go, huh? perhaps he should've expected as much. but in the end, he finds that he doesn't quite mind her persistence. if anything, it's rather endearing.

"because i envy the bond you have with your pokemon."

he looks to the golett, smiling.

"...and i care about it."

catching spiritomb!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 5:37:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]satisfaction comes in the form of an answer. even if she had to pry it out of him, it still sates her curiosity. and where that curiosity had been, something else takes its place. it's an odd feeling, one that's halfway between sadness and sympathy.

the smile she offers him is warm.

"you could have that bond too, you know," she offers. a hand rises to stroke lazily at the golett's head as it coos and waves their intertwined hands around. the second part makes her pause, however. he cares about their bond. somehow, she didn't expect that. she swallows and continues with a slightly wobbly voice. "so you can have bonds that you care about too."

passing!

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 5:43:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
could he?

briefly, he peers over his shoulder at his dusknoir. he feels little for it, if anything at all. it's a tool, a weapon, and nothing more.

"it's not that easy for me."

but there are exceptions, of course.

"but i have some that i care about."

he reaches a hand to his waist, calling out a small smoochum.

"this is smoochy boo."

catching spiritomb!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 5:54:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]not caring for your pokemon? couldn't be her. can't relate.

she's observing him as he looks over his shoulder, eyes darting briefly between trainer and pokemon. there's a mildly budding theory in her mind but she keeps it quiet, pushing it into his file and tucking it away for safe keeping.

"why do you think that is?" it's mostly curious and completely prying.

she blinks and another little baby joins their group. her golett lets out an excited coo, releasing its grip on both her waist and matias's hand to make grabby motions at the smoochum. she smiles fondly at the sight.

"what a cutie," she coos, offering a little wave to the small baby pokemon. "with a cute name too! see, you can name pokemon."

passing!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 6:01:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
"i'm not sure."

with admittance comes guilt.

"maybe because their purpose has mostly been about fighting wars."

but smoochy boo's purpose isn't to fight. she has none, really, as she's still a baby. a part of him hopes she'll stay this way forever.

for now, she hops out of matias' lap and runs to hug the golett, giving it cute smooches on its cheek.

catching spiritomb!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 6:12:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]pieces click into place with admittance and unfortunately, her theory is proven mildly correct.

gently, she reaches out a hand and squeezes comfort into his.

"that's no longer their purpose," illeana murmurs. "they don't need to fight wars anymore." it still hurts to know that somewhere out there, pokemon are still being used as instruments of war. and it hurts even more to know that there's little she can do to change that.

golett coos louder when smoochy boo approaches, happily welcoming the pink baby with an air of excitement and open arms. she can't help the soft noise of affection that escapes, then, as smoochy boo settles into her golett's lap and begins to pepper kisses on its cheek. god... that's so cute.

softly, almost like an afterthought, she adds, "they deserve love and kindness as much as humans do."

passing!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 6:27:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
finding comfort in her gesture, he returns the squeeze, chuckling as he does.

"aren't we fighting one here?"

maybe not now, maybe not soon, but war is inevitable. whether it be with rocket, megalopolans, or those who made the unown report, only time will tell.

"they do."

after peppering enough kisses, smoochy boo turns to illie instead and hops towards her to do the same.

"i'll try to give them as much."

catching spiritomb!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 6:38:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"sort of," she heaves out a sad sigh at the thought. his squeeze is a comfort she is reluctant to let go of in that moment.

war means battle and battle means death. her heart sinks into familiar territory, reliving memories she can't escape.

"i pray it doesn't get worse than it already had," comes quietly, then, as if she's hoping the gods are listening here and now. they aren't. they never were... not with the losses she's faced during the war.

as if sensing sadness building up in her body, smoochy boo turns to her and waddles up on little feet. the smoochum climbs happily into her lap and she's flashing a small smile. it soon dissolves into a fond giggle when kisses are peppered on her cheeks, a hand rising to gently pet smoochy boo's hair.

"you better," her eyes dart to him quickly and despite the lovings smoochy boo is giving her, there's a seriousness to the look she wears.

passing!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 6:42:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
"i'll make sure it won't."

it's partly why he's here, after all, instead of spending the rest of his days on a beach somewhere far from violence and death.

and then, as he watches his smoochum interact with illie, he can't help but smile, showing both defiance and playfulness in his question.

"or what?"

catching spiritomb!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 6:51:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]while it's a nice sentiment, it brings little relief. anxiety claws at her insides as a stark reminder of what's at stake. life and death follows her around like a dark cloud, it seems. and part of her knows she's heard those words before. spoken by a different man under similar circumstance... the outcome still breaks her heart.

she stays quiet in that moment, unwilling to voice her thoughts on the matter. she'll snuggle smoochy boo a little closer to her body instead, smiling when the little baby settles comfortably.

defiant meets defiant as it always does. stubbornness is a trait they both seem to share.

"i'll kick your ass," she offers it as if it's common knowledge and he should know better than to question her. ugh, men.

passing!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 8:41:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
ugh, men. he even has the audacity to smirk and say:

"i'd let you."

smoochy boo settles comfortably onto illie's lap. she snuggles close then, seeking her warmth.

"careful. she might get attached to you."

catching spiritomb!
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 18:36:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]matias silph easily proves that men only have one thing and that's audacity.

she rolls her eyes, a playful smile curling into her cheeks.

"sure you would." somehow, she doesn't believe that.

smoochy boo snuggles into her lap and lazily, she wraps a gentle arm around her pink body to keep her close. warmth radiates between the two and soon, her golett is wiggling closer to fit between her and matias. it settles down, snuggles into her side, and she looks like a woodland goddess with this makeshift collection of pokemon.

"is that such a bad thing?" the look she gives him is almost smug.

passing!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
enchanted
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 3:21:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
"maybe. maybe not."

is that smugness he sees? he can't help but smirk in response, shrugging a shoulder as he places a hand on golett's shoulder.

"it'll just be difficult to get her off you."

catching spiritomb!