1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
gather [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 8:52:48 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

bo had watched him sneak off with the bottle. was he pushing it by bringing it to the table so unabashedly? perhaps. he caught the look between willow and eleanor, noticing the blame in the daughter’s stare. honestly? good.

he wasn’t surprised at the unfolding, then. despite blood having already been shed in the first hour, this had still been going much better than he’d guessed it would.

he fixed roman with a dry look, neither amused nor riled. his son’s edginess would not get a rise out of him today, and most certainly not at the dinner table. this was the best meal of the year.

”please don’t make him do that, eleanor; we’ll all have to deal with the consequences. roman, apologize to your mom.”
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ro
Male
Thirteen
November 8th
Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
gather [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 11:03:53 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar

The pre-teen sunk into his seat, arms crossing his chest. Figures they wouldn't enjoy the joke. Well, seemed to, but the look he shot Roman a second later said otherwise.

What the fuck were they expecting from him? Something sweet and wholesome? Pah, Roman laughed at the thought.

"Apologize?" green daggers narrowed on Grandma and Bo. The angry Mankey in his chest begged Roman to pick a fight. Explode. Turn a small thing into something massive and ruin the day. He parted his lips, ready to free the monkey from its cage but paused.

Mom and Dad chatting happily in the kitchen flashed into his head. His angular features softened, "Whatever. I'm sorry."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
gather [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:35:22 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

her mouth is a thin line as she waits for roman's reaction. green eyes lift up to bo, corners softening a bit as he reprimands him, as he stands up for her, but the surprise at the response is evident on her face, if only for a fleeting moment. she beams. the impossible has been done. her son has apologized

was it a perfect apology? no. but she'd take what she can get, and right now it feels like a whole lot. she reaches over and places her hand over roman's, squeezes, and then draws back, knowing the last thing he wants is her fawning over him. 

"thank you," she says. 

louder, she adds, "well, that makes it my turn next. this year, i learned...that i don't have to do everything myself." she thinks of ophelia, helping run her day-to-day at the flower shop, and of greyson, who's helped bring one of her dad's dreams to life. and of bo, who's proven his loyalty a million and one times over. 

"and the best day i can remember...hmm..." she bites her lip. a lot of memories about someone pop up and she feels a twinge of guilt; she looks away from bo, towards cian and roman, and then smiles. "honestly, it might sound cheesy, but i'd have to say today." 

and with that, she grabs her cider and then tilts it in cian's direction before taking another drink. 
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gather [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 9:34:42 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
tense is one way to describe the maher-atkins household. by the sheer will of all the gods above, roman doesn't explode in fiery retaliation, and cian isn't sure who to thank.

himself, then. because roman must've listened to him. definitely.

"aw, that's sweet, willow. cheesy, but sweet."

his tease is made clear by the grin and wink he gives her as his glass meets hers.

"shoot. is it my turn?"

after a particularly long sip, his posture straightens as he sits up.

"i learned..." how to lie. how to kill. "...how to love."

before that was taken away as well.

he'd always been particularly withdrawn about his personal life so he doesn't expect any of them to know otherwise. so his smile would likely be considered appropriate and not sad.

"best day was when i let win during our gym challenge."
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
gather [c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 18:32:58 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

at the way willow reached out to roman so gingerly, bo was almost inwardly daring his hellspawn to rip away. sorry should have just been the bare minimum to stay at the table. this kid was in debt.

when it was willow’s turn, he looked over, but he might not have had he known the words that would leave her mouth. their implication was heartbreaking. he should have been there, to prove that she didn’t have to do it all herself. if anything, he’d only been strong evidence of the opposite. he’d abandoned her.

watching her avert her eyes, regardless of the reason, left his own sense of security crumbling. still, he smiled. the moment was bittersweet.

”it’s really nice, will.”

his attention turned to his brother, smirking at antics he missed. he wasn’t expecting such a deep answer to follow. it softened his gaze as he realized how out of touch he’d been; but a grin flashed at cian’s second answer.

”yeah, yeah. i always tell you not to go easy on me.”

shaking his head, he took a sip of his cider. was it his turn? for a moment, he considered quietly.

”i learned... the true joy of togetherness.” his families united. ”uh... best day...” the last day of HST. he nodded, looking around with a smile. ”today. this is great. only thing better would’ve been if we had caden here.” and if roman wasn’t such a little shit.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ro
Male
Thirteen
November 8th
Fallarbor Town
Cooties
Hooligan
Civilian
I'm Thirteen
Get Lost
18 height
18 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
150 posts
Roman Maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roman
Roman Maher
gather [c]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 8:26:49 GMT
Roman Maher Avatar

"Great," Roman rolled his eyes, fed up with all the emotional vomit being spewed. "Can we eat now? I'm hungry."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
gather [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 2:52:22 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

while she's had her fair share of drink before, especially after a long day's work when it really hits just right, the couple she'd had before bo and cian had arrived, coupled with what she's currently drinking, and the plain and simple fact that she isn't as young as she used to be - well, the bottom line is that she's tottering into tipsy territory. 

her smile is languid and it comes easier. her stress starts to melt away - some of that tension that she always carries in her shoulders begins to ease. and being beside roman is easier. she's less aware of the fact that every moment can be catastrophic if he so desires. 

she raises her glass when bo finishes them off, side-eyes roman, but still with that grin on her face. 

"cheers," she says. "to love and togetherness and to the start of what will be a long-standing tradition." will come to the next one because there will be a next one. and maybe roman will have grown up a bit by then.

she grabs a serving spoon and piles a stack of fresh green beans on roman's plate and then takes a healthy serving for herself. most of the vegetables and even the breads were sourced locally, given to her by friends and loyal patrons of the flower shop. in return, she'd gifted them garlands, woven them crowns. 

"samuel, pass me the biscuits," eleanor says, blinking at bo. 
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gather [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 3:50:45 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
cian isn't quite as tipsy as willow is but that only means he has to play catch-up. it's why he downs the rest of the cider before standing up to go get another.

"anyone want a refill? my treat."

before food? the man's crazy.

still, he overhears the comment from eleanor and just can't help but wonder:

who the fuck is samuel?

"i think that's bo."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights