part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 3:37:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PYRE

A BID GOODBYE BEFORE THE TRIALS OF TOMORROW

THE FIRE BURNS BRIGHTLY against the premature darkness of the approaching winter. the bitter chill it brings forays the surrounding trees of their dressings. brittle, broken leaves crumble under the slightest steps. death sheds any signs of life from them.

feeling better?

his words pop with the opening of a bottle of kurt’s ale. he extends it to her, waiting for her to shuffle from underneath the blanket, as light refracts off its glass surface. the balcony of a fortree balcony provides the perfect backdrop of the forest city as the smell of smoke bakes into their clothes.

it goes without saying that fernando needs no such covering. whether it be blankets, winter wear, or anything out of his standard business casual.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 3:45:14 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
What warm she'd once had she'd taken for granted. With the winter creeping through cracked windows and bare branches, she felt it far more intensely. It might surprise her that Fernando doesn't huddle beneath a blanket or jacket of any kind- if she had really been paying attention.

Instead, the woman is gazing blankly into the flickering flames, mesmerized by the inconsistent heat it gives off. Only when she blinks and hears his voice does she pull back and peel off the blanket to take his offering.

"Hm? Sure. Just peachy."

Her thumb strokes the neck of the bottle and she does a double-take to finally take a look at what it is he's wearing. Though she makes no attempt to share her blanket - one he probably gave her - she does comment:

"Aren't you cold?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 4:00:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PYRE

A SHRUG ROLLS OFF his shoulders as he sips from his bottle. the first taste always hits the strongest. not the flavor or lack thereof but the sting of carbonation. precious little bubbles burst against his tongue and he gives a satisfied sigh when he breaks to breathe.

no. not really. i used to specialize in ice type pokemon.

half-true but no one would really know the wiser. the only pokemon that proves evident is his glalie but that’s more of a one-off with its knack for PROTECTing. as of recently, it’s been replaced by his much more mobile comfey.

his eyes move from her toward the fire that steals away her attention. eventually, it moves to the scenery in front of them.

and cold showers are good for you.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 4:14:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Momentarily, with an exasperated grimace as her fingers slip against the lid, she struggles with her own bottle. Eventually it gives, fizzing with the threat to foam over. It doesn't, because she catches it against her tongue fast enough. The taste and the sting of carbonation force her one eye closed in an involuntary wink.

"Huh."

She muses, but it doesn't surprise her in any way. He spoke very little about literally anything related to him. This was something unexpected, and she accepts it as fact.

"I heard that that was just a thing people say to sound superior to others."

She frowns, unconvinced.

"If I don't come out smoking, what's the point?"

The crackle of the flames pulls her attention back again, but this time she hesitates and stops instead on Fernando's face. It lingers there, lost in thought, before following his line of sight.

"If you could live anywhere in the world.. where would it be?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 4:25:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PYRE

"IT’S GOOD FOR your cardiovascular system. helps with circulation.”

a small tidbit from his daily ‘lesser known but useful fact’ challenge. the depths of his knowledge stems from committing to good habits. practical and obscure, but plenty useful when construed with years of buildup.

and hot showers are bad for your skin. dries it out.

efficiency rolls off everything he does. there’s always purpose. some reason to do it with a concrete reason behind it. otherwise, what’s the point.

the same could be said about this instance.

anywhere?

it takes a while. he considers it seriously. up until he can feel her eyes draw upon him. it makes him turn to face her.

saffron. before team rocket. kanto had a lot of infrastructure problems but that was due to short term design and a lack of initiative. i would have loved to have fixed it… in another life time.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 4:31:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
He recites knowledge as if reading directly from the pages of a textbook. It used to annoy her, and now.. she leans back in her seat and chooses to absorb his information. Whether she would act on it or follow through was another story, but her tongue lashings come fewer now and farther between.

"My skin is soft."

Even still, an objection. She cannot let him win every argument - not that this even was one.

Silence then extends between the two of them, kept alive by the popping and crackling of the fire as wood splits and falls to pieces. She sips at her drink, the sweetness encouraging. It relaxes and warms her from the inside out, allowing her to remove more and more of the blanket so that she doesn't look like a shivering bear.

"Do you think that it's impossible then to go back?"

She almost slips- the word home hops across her tongue, quickly replaced with something hollow.

"You can't do it now? In this life time?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 4:41:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PYRE

IS IT? not. not at all. but would he ever? the answer is also no. not without reason. and for all his practicality, being homesick, or attached to some place on the sole basis of being born there, is a concept fernando swears off as meaningless.

“when rocket is handled kanto will open up again.

he takes a small sip to wet his mouth.

kanto then and kanto now are different.

and neither were home. all it was, was a trust fund waiting for his eventual return. now that he owns his birthright, it’s useless.

hoenn’s the only region i care about.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 4:45:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"You're allowed to want things, you know. You're allowed to do what it takes to be what you want, and where you want to be."

For a moment, she sounds exasperated- because in some manner she is. For a man so confident and set in his ways, he bent at the knee for just about anything.

"Is 'different' a bad thing?"

She sighs, glances away.

"Why Hoenn?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 4:51:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PYRE

HER ROUSING SPEECH does little to bolster his mood. instead, it only earns a questionable gaze and rising eyebrow. what she sees in him and how he views himself is different. since when does fernando silph not take what he wants?

there are levels to everything. how he conducts himself follows that same paradigm.

no, but it’s not what i want.

wind tickles the flames in her direction. it flares with narrow tips bristling a little toastier with each wave.

hoenn is the only region that matters.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 17:22:29 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Perhaps it is because what she wants him to take, he doesn't want, and she tells herself it is because he won't take what he wants. Her own selfishness prevails.

Regardless, Stormy pulls her attention away from his questioning stare to take a deep breath and sigh.

"What do you want?"

If he could live anywhere, but chose not to because it wasn't what he wanted, then why would that be what he chose? It confused her.

"I don't want Hoenn to fall like Kanto did."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 21:54:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PYRE

"I WANT PEOPLE to prosper and live up to your full potential. preferably, without me guiding them through every step of the way.

a big ask. an impossible task. but that’s the apex of his desire and the basis of his life’s work. to sum up project avalon into a single wish, it goes without question that no tag can make it happen alone. which is why he has to put in his all for just an inch of progress.

it won’t. not while i’m here.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 22:23:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormy blinks, her brows slowly come together. It was a big ask, bigger than she anticipated. She couldn't decide if it was selfish or selfless, wanting people and expecting people to live up to their full potential.

"Promise me you won't leave."

The wind gathers again, pushing the flames and stretching them closer and closer to her. Rather than be oblivious to the heat, Stormy finds herself automatically shrinking away from it. It burns where once it hadn't- and although it doesn't hurt even now, it is jarring to be able to feel it, even slightly.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 6:00:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PYRE

FERNANDO HAS NO ISSUE with making false promises. lies come and go as easily as the air he breaths. but this time he doesn’t settle for the easy reassurance she seeks. whatever attachment he has for her comes in the challenges he puts before her—not matter how unorthadox.

why does it matter?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 15:40:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"Because I can't keep losing people that I care about."

She wraps the blanket around her tighter- but the cold is mostly a figment of her imagination. Briefly, the woman meets his gaze, but her repeated confessions and his repeated, complicated responses prevent her from maintaining it.

"And Hoenn needs you."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PYRE
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 15:29:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PYRE

“THEN COME WITH ME.”

simple. tactile. solidifying. his own confession isn’t much of one at all but it’s more than enough to bridge the connection between them. it may not be the acceptance she wants, or needs, but it’s acceptance by his own standard.

an open invite.

but only if she follows his lead. as with all things.