Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
payback
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 6:34:25 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snubis11"]
[attr="class","top"]

leaning against a building, nursing a cherry red smoke, king waits. the place wasn't pretty, fancy, or expensive; perfect. he was due a meal, and despite her near death experience, he was completely serious.
[break][break]
time for him to be pampered for a change.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lucario"]

[newclass=".snubis11"]--accent:#b0c4de; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
payback
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 18:51:57 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she wasn’t used to buying dinner for others, and the idea did little to attract her. but, the man had saved her life, and so she felt obligated to repay him.

it’d been about a week or so. she had recovered from a concussion, but still wore some bruising here and there, covered by in-season fashion. when she arrived, eyes went up from an oversized scarf to him, and then to the establishment, calculating a judgment based on his choice. hm. at least it wasn’t expensive.

”we could have gone somewhere nice—“

actually, he was probably the type to prefer these places.

”if this is what you want, though…”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
payback
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 23:01:44 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

'nice' was a crutch; a way to make people feel good about themselves for a few minutes. places like this? hole in the walls that actually gave you your moneys worth, and maybe the runs later, were far better.
[break][break]
"nah, i prefer somethin' like this." small and quiet, filled with seedy old drunkards or long-time loyal customers. king was a bit of both.
[break][break]
"is it good with ye?" he raises an eyebrow, evaluating the woman. she was beautiful, sure, but there was a certain meekness to her nature that had revealed itself after their mission went to shit. perhaps seedy was the last thing she needed.

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snubis11 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
payback
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 10:56:47 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina shrugged lightly. she didn’t really mind, although she was accustomed to nicer establishments.

”suit yourself.” this was about him, after all. her eyes fell back on him, and she tested a small smile, though it quickly drooped a bit. he had saved her life, and while she was grateful, and it drew her in more than she might have been otherwise, the air he had about him still intimidated her.

”yeah,” she responded simply, tone neutral, though hitting a slightly higher note than before. she stared a moment longer, almost doe-eyed, before blinking and turning to enter the building ahead of him.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 11:47:12 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

king raises an eyebrow, noting the odd air about her. did he look weird? have a weird taste in food? he shrugs it off, and opens the door for her, "after ye."
[break][break]
inside, it was small, maybe a bit cramped, with odd decor hanging on the walls. it looked like a building that'd once been a bar, but was for some reason, turned into a diner of some kind. it was comfortable to him.
[break][break]
"oi, marshy, table fer two, ye?" they shout something back in a language - asian? - and then point angrily towards a booth. "thanks hun," a wink and the flash of a smile follow, as he holds an open hand for her to lead.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 12:29:23 GMT
nina larson Avatar
it was cozy, she discovered. her eyes wandered around, though were quickly pulled towards king’s somewhat hostile interaction. it caught her off guard, and her stare lingered briefly.

at his gesture, she gave another small, pressed smile—one that could only be described as polite—before moving past him to lead the way with raised eyebrows.

she sat down at their designated booth, unfurling her scarf and setting her things beside her. hands then laced in her lap, her thumbnails snapping over each other nervously.

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 13:17:20 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"don't let 'er fool ye, she's got a bit of a fiery spirit, but she's a big ol' softy." he grins, reaching for one of the plastic menus tied up in a nearby metal holder. unlike most of the conventional restaurants, it's not large or very inclusive - a sign of a good cook, some would say.
[break][break]
he lays it flat, one arm laid out on the table to hold it down, while the other lifts a small part of it up to read better. he doesn't even look up, but, "nervous or somethin'? not thinkin' bout blowin' this place ta high hell are ye? i'm fond of it." he chuckles, embracing the morbid humor.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 13:42:19 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”mm. i believe you.”

she took a menu only after he did, but her attention was more on him than the restaurant’s small selection. when he spoke, she’d already been looking again, caught in a brief glance he presumably didn’t see, as he did seem focused on the food. which was fine with her.

processing, she pressed her lips in a line, and being the butt of the joke caused her stare to list off to the side. something akin to an eyeroll, but less dismissive.

”well, i wasn’t planning on it...”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 13:47:36 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he chuckles, though its more like an grunt and exhale of a large breath, as well as the up-turn of a smile. "i'd rather ye didn't, i'm a big fan of this place. it's got killer burgers."
[break][break]
he looks up this time, head still tilted downward while storm blue hues point themselves in her direction. "ye alright? haven't been on a date in a while or soemthin'?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 13:59:25 GMT
nina larson Avatar
a burger didn’t sound bad. she hadn’t had one in a while. and that meant she didn’t have to look at the menu anymore, not that it was much exhausting read, anyways

she didn’t want to tell him that this was a first. it was embarrassing. she realized she was out of touch, despite years of having been on her own.

how did one simply stop being disconnected?

”i’m fine.” her tone was light, and indeed, fine. ”and… no, not really.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 14:17:25 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"really now?" he pursues his lips, eyebrows lifting slightly in surprise, "yer tellin' me a beautiful girl like yerself doesn't have men just fawnin' over 'er?" now that was odd.
[break][break]
"hm." he gets back to studying the menu, unbothered by the revelation, but still curious in his own way. but before he could get to that...
[break][break]
"what'ye havin'?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 14:55:43 GMT
nina larson Avatar
it wasn’t that she didn’t. it was that she’d been trained to turn them down. to not engage. she’d had jobs to do, and boyfriends got jealous. got in the way, they’d said—and it’d been true, whenever she’d strayed. so, loneliness had been a way of life, and it had stuck with her. it was too easy to say ‘no.’

”not really,” she lied, clearing her throat and adjusting to lean a couple inches closer over the table. willing herself to appear more comfortable. ”i’m having a burger, since they’re killer.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
payback
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 15:23:07 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

she was a good liar. it'd have worked any other day, but today? she was off. something was off. that was her business, though. we all have our secrets.
[break][break]
"yer not one of those 'well done' girls are ye? cus i swear ta arceus..." his words drag as he raises two fingers, signaling the woman from earlier. with a less than pleased look on her face, she approaches.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
687 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
payback
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 5:29:05 GMT
nina larson Avatar
king was intense, and she found herself questioning her own preferences. was she a well-done girl? what was a well-done girl?

her eyes traveled, as though searching for the answers. it took her a moment before she put it together.

oh. burgers. duh.

”no, i like medium.” if it was a burger. after a pause, she clarified, ”medium-rare if it’s a steak.”

close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
payback
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 7:50:24 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

king spares her a glance out of the side of his eyes, bringing his hand back down. the corners of his lips turn up into a smirk.
[break][break]
"good."
[break][break]
when the woman approaches, she mumbles something in the same language, before flipping open her notepad. "marshy, love, how've ye been? we're both in the mood for some burgers, ye? both medium, i'll take mine with just bacon, some ketchup 'n an egg. the usual. she'll— " he spares nina a glance, raising an eyebrow.