awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 20:41:47 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
never yield to the cynicism

[attr=class,lyric2]
that says everyone else is so good

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
that i can afford to be a little evil

[attr=class,bulk][break]Working as a ranger proved tough enough, though lately the time being spent out and about was beginning to take a toll on Derek. Stress existed where there was usually none, and his personal hygiene was starting to falter. Especially when it came to grooming.

[break][break]

"I feel like Shaggy with all this damn scruff on my face." Scratching away at an itch that existed within the facial hair, Derek knew it couldn't be left alone for much longer. That, or he might as well try out for a position as santa at one of the malls...

[break][break]

Regardless of his irritation, the ranger moves towards the farm where the livestock pokemon are grazing. The owner hops in their truck and waves before driving off, leaving the two of them to keep watch over the pokemon as the final streaks of light peak out from over the horizon. "Ready to meet the flock?"

[break][break]
[break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
WOOLOO WHO CRY WOLF

VERDANTURF TOWN (ADVENT #16)

[attr=class,derekswarmcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekswarm .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accentborder, .derekswarm .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accenttext, .derekswarm .bulk b, .derekswarm .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/8b/36/oD9Dn5L5_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0.1),rgba(50,50,50,0.6));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1, .derekswarm .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1 div, .derekswarm .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 19px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 19px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
let's not forget we're flying.
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 22:47:06 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
Working ranches wasn't exactly Dom's first choice. It was outdoors, sure, but he hardly considered the manicured fields and fenced-in livestock to be "nature". Nevertheless, he was happy to do what his job required, and this time that meant staring at a field full of Pokemon. If they were lucky, nothing would come poking around and Dom could get back to the woods in due time.

He touches his own clean jaw where the hair seems to simply refuse to grow. He frowns slightly and says, "Grass is always greener, I guess." The look of scruff didn't bother him either way, but sometimes his face did get cold. He offers Derek a grin. "Looks good on you, though." He waves at the ranch owner as they drive off.

"Sure thing," he says. Adjusting his coat to ward off the chill, he lets Derek lead the way. "Not that I'm sorry for work, but the farmer should really get a livestock guardian Pokemon. See better, smell better; just more reliable than people, really."

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 21:33:32 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
never yield to the cynicism

[attr=class,lyric2]
that says everyone else is so good

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
that i can afford to be a little evil

[attr=class,bulk][break]"Yeah, though I think the idea is he doesn't have the time to train it." Or maybe the money to afford getting and feeding a livestock pokemon was what they were lacking. "Or maybe they used to have one and, well... Sometimes there's things people aren't willing to replace. Even when it's gone or broken."

[break][break]

Choosing not to dwell on the thought, Derek proceeds into the pen only to hear a Delibird fly overhead, squawking some as if to warn the humans about the presents falling down to the ground. The ranger manages to catch the first box, opening it to find a bunch of special treats resembling cookies inside.

[break][break]

"Well, this is about as good a peace offering as we'll get." Taking some in hand, Derek enters the pen, herding the flock of Wooloo together with the smell of something tasty. Though it seemed that the treats smelled a little too good, as they were pushing Derek into a corner until given their portion. "Woah, one at a time! One at a time!" Though even he didn't follow that advice, tossing some out into the field behind the cluster of Wooloo to draw some of them away...

[break][break]
[break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
WOOLOO WHO CRY WOLF

VERDANTURF TOWN (ADVENT #25)

[attr=class,derekswarmcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekswarm .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accentborder, .derekswarm .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accenttext, .derekswarm .bulk b, .derekswarm .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/8b/36/oD9Dn5L5_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0.1),rgba(50,50,50,0.6));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1, .derekswarm .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1 div, .derekswarm .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 19px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 19px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 6:49:40 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
Dom nodded along as Derek spoke. It was a good point, and one he hadn't considered. Dom had always been around Pokemon. And he couldn't think of a time in his life where he didn't have the time or inclination to train one. But, he supposed, that was what happened when your job revolved around them. Losing something irreplaceable, though... that he could empathize with.

He followed Derek's attention up to the Delibird, watching as the Pokemon soared off to, no doubt, deliver more presents. "Nice catch," he said, eyeing the treats. Was it just him, or did they look strangely appetizing? Shaking his head, he entered the pen after Derek, squeezing past the excited Wooloo. With a flash of red light, he released his Mudbray, Magnolia. She whickered and shook herself.

"Fence," he told her, pointing to the slatted wood. With an excited trot, she bounded away to walk the perimeter of the fence. Like most Mudbray, she wouldn't back down if she noticed a threat. And she was sure to be loud about any intruders she came across.

"They sure are cute, aren't they?" Dom watched as a few of the Wooloo broke off from the main group harassing Derek to snuffle around for the treats he'd thrown. "I used to have a few Wooloo-wool sweaters. Warmest ones I've ever owned." He reached down to run his fingers through one of the snacking Wooloo's fur.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 9:46:51 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah, cute and cuddly seems to be their thing." Derek offers as he struggles to break free from the mass gathering around him, opting to dump the remainder of the treats for them to divvy on their own. He'd had enough "cuddles" for the time being.

As if waiting for the moment, a wild pokemon darted towards and hopped the fence as Derek parted from the Wooloo. Caught unsuspecting thanks to their backs being turned in order to enjoy the treats, only Dominic would be able to properly see and respond to the threat.
close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 5:08:53 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
Dom couldn't help but chuckle, watching Derek struggle his way out of the—admittedly very cuddly-looking—trap he was in. It wasn't the worst place to be. Unless you were meant to be doing a job, of course. No sooner had he reminded himself of their protection duty than a shape appeared and skirted over the fence in one smooth motion.

"Watch it!" He was yelling and moving before he quite realized what the shape was, but a moment later it was clear: Mightyena. Magnolia, trotting along a different section of the fence, was on alert at his shout. Her tall ears swiveled, gaze following to identify the threat. She brayed, turning on her heel, and rocketed towards the offending Pokemon. Her Iron Defense strengthened both skin and resolve. The Mightyena seemed laser-focused on the Wooloo and, surprisingly, didn't break stride when confronted with shouting.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 12:25:02 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Randal!!!~" Yelling at full lung, the Machamp that Derek releases is quick to assess the situation. Witnessing Dominic's pokemon meeting the Mightyena head on, it doesn't realize that it's within range of the athletic fighting type pokemon immediately in pursuit of it.

Attacking with it's dynamic punch, the Mightyena is blind-sided and paralyzed by the definitive blow that it's dealt. However, just because that took place doesn't mean they're out of the woods yet. But something else was...

More Mightyena approach the fence, snarling angrily while one calls out to them. Their alpha wants revenge, and the two of it's kind are ready to follow through with the offensive in mind. While two go for Derek's Machamp, the other of the trio commit to the little horse that charged forth.
MISSION POST 4 OF 5
close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 3:02:40 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
Had they been in a different circumstance or had Dom been a little less distracted by the pack of Mighyena barging down their door, he might have wanted to comment on the absolutely delightful name that Derek had given his Machamp. Many trainers, he knew had schemes by which they named their Pokemon. Dom, himself, liked nature-themed names.

As it was, Dom was so focused on the fight that he only registered that the shouted name indicated a welcome ally was joining the fray. All the better considering he could see more shapes slipping over the border of the fence. Magnolia's attention refocused immediately to the Mightyena who was charging her. Just a foot from making contact with it, she planted her front hooves, twisted with a surprising amount of agility, and planted a Mega Kick square in the Mightyena's jaw. With a yelp and a thump, the offending Pokemon dropped to the ground, unconscious. Mags only took a moment to survey her fine work before she turned to asses Randal's situation. He wasn't going to have to fend off two of the beasts alone. She'd make sure of it.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 4:47:38 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
While both don't reach Derek's Machamp, the one that does manages to crunch down on Randal's leg, causing a great deal of discomfort. Unfortunately for the Mightyena, Randal was about that life. With the strength of four arms, he pries open the canine's maw and begins spinning with it in hand, shock-putting the adversary into the horizon after a couple rotations...

They'd never be seeing that particular Mightyena again.

Easily forgetting about it for the others, Derek was thankful to have another competent ranger to work with. One that didn't feel bad or want to hit him when things got a little rough. Once they finished removing the unconscious Mightyena, the two could be on their way to collect the payment for their services.
MISSION POST 5 OF 5

close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 17:57:00 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar
To no one's surprise, Randal had this covered. Dom watched as the Machamp tore the Migthyena from his leg and threw it into the woods. Unconventional technique, but it worked just fine as no more wild Pokemon seemed interested in becoming the next projectile. Dom finally relaxed and called Magnolia over. With careful hands, he checked her for injuries before giving her a good scratch behind the ear. She never let him down. This job had certainly turned out to be more exciting than he'd considered it would, but he still couldn't wait to get paid and hit the trails again in a proper patrol.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
comfy, but itchy [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 0:03:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: