Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 23:51:36 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida's earpiece crackles, and the woman tilted her head, shooting a breath through her teeth. "We need to go back. Some kind of situation." She speaks loud enough for everyone to hear, "Finish your first-aid before we go, we can't let anyone else be killed by this."

Her eyes don't look for any other options, glaring after the obvious cuts and poisonous sludge cutting through the trees, "Seems the attacker went that way." She hisses, "Its going towards Route 120." Another populated zone, and one possibly occupied by trainers looking for Pokemon to catch, a very bad situation, if there was any. "We can't let it harm any more Pokemon." She demanded attention as she finished her own assistance or the injured Pokemon, standing and calling her Yamega and Snubble back, "They don't know what we know yet. We have to report that the Pokemon of an old Champion escaped, and it is aggressive to the point of attacking everything around it, regardless of threat."

Her Pokemon never relaxed, keeping a watchful eye out to allow the Rangers time to think.

TLDR: Kaida receives a call from base and informs the others. She notes the destruction going towards Route 120 and hypothesized that the destructive Pokemon went that way. She says she is going to report that the previous Champion's Pokemon escaped and seems to be attacking all around it.

close tab

played by

Evan

pace :3
he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 15:18:27 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]
[attr="class","parigidw"]

Both Neith and Pace tilt their head at Kaida as she announces they've been called back. Obviously there was some issue, but they were so close, he could just feel it. It frustrated him - whatever this monster was had caused so much trouble, and now they just had to head back? Ugh.[break][break]

While Kaida focused on a slightly smaller path, lined with some goop and sliced foliage, Pace - as always - saw the larger thing first. He'd never been one for details. Towards Mt. Pyre, the trail of destruction continued. The same claw marks tearing down trees, the same stomped and ripped and torn ground, with clumps of it uprooted at the sides of the path. Pace frowned and knelt by it, turning over a clod of earth in his hand.[break][break]

"If it went that way-" He gestures to the path Kaida's standing before. "-then how come there's all this shit here, too?"[break][break]

Pace turns to face his fellow rangers. "I guess that confirms there's multiple escapees causing trouble, huh? No one pokémon could do all of this by itself, no matter how strong it is."[break][break]

-------[break][break]

TLDR: Pace notices the damaged path towards Mt. Pyre and hypothesises that there's definitely multiple escaped pokémon monkas

[attr="class","parigidtag"] & &

[attr="class","parigidpokes"]

[newclass=.parigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid b] color: #ffb833; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #ffb833; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #ffb833; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid i] color: #9c9c9c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffb833; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d19b34; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 12:16:30 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
the static coming from ’s device caught his ear and he looked over from the ground, still administering a berry to one of the remaining untreated survivors. he couldn’t make out the words, but it was easy enough to read severity in tones.

”don’t you think we should tell them we have a situation out here, too?” he called over frustratedly, setting down the head of a nearly incapacitated zigzagoon. he wasn’t here to defy orders though, he told himself, especially not so soon after a promotion. ”roger that,” he amended.

he zipped up a backpack and rose to his feet again, shrugging it back over his shoulder and doing his own rounds of investigation as the rest were. thwackey followed, drumming lightly on the ground in his wake.

”definitely more than one,” he agreed, pointing to the three-pronged footprints. ”these footprints over here look like some kind of bird or dragon, maybe...” his finger drew in a line up the path towards mt. pyre. dinosaurs?

but, his interest had shifted towards route 120 in this realization. he approached and . ”but look—does that one even have footprints?” maybe he was just missing them, but, ”how familiar are you guys with the poison pin ultra beasts?”

he’d reason to bet it was an adult, too, considering the sharpness of its cuts through the foliage.
tldr:
* expresses frustration at call away from victims, but accepts orders
* investigates paths to mt. pyre and route 120
* hypothesizes that footprints are bird/dragon, that naganadel may have been second culprit
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 21:46:06 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

The others had focused on the tracks and the damage left behind, leading towards Route 120 and Mount Pyre. However, something more pressing ended up sticking out to Elaine. She brought herself to kneel and gaze at something that had been more out of place than what everyone else had been focusing on.

Despite the order to withdraw and regroup, this was clearly something that needed to be said.

“I don’t know much about Ultra Beasts, but this, on the other hand...” Elaine pointed to the oval shape with the concurrent pinpoint shapes in the earth that were clearly moving in a different location than the other three. “Definitely doesn’t seem right.”

It was obvious what it was to anyone who looked and that was why they were so out of place.

“Human footprints.”

They had been focusing a lot on the trail of destruction leading out towards the wilder routes, but the others had neglected to mention another possible factor from the start—one that Elaine had considered but had no evidence for until now.

“They lead to Lilycove. I don’t know how fresh they are in comparison to the destruction, but I guess the likelihood of a third human party’s interference has shot up quite dramatically.

“We’re going to need to put our information together. If I’m getting at what you’re saying, this Poison Pin Ultra Beast may be the Pokemon that was let loose, but given the presence of another person, we may be dealing with something a bit more nefarious—especially since they may be the inciting factor here.”

TL;DR: Elaine notices and examines the trail of what are likely human prints leading to Lilycove and hypothesizes the involvement of an unknown third party, one that is human.

Tags: ; ;

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 1:36:30 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

As the other's spoke, Kaida's vision expanded outwards, noticing everything else they pointed out. It was true that another Pokemon was clearly involved in the situation, but she shook her head nonetheless, "Perhaps our Mt Pyre friend was the one fighting our escapee...I don't like how they split up, can't catch both of them now..." Judging by the injuries on the Pokemon they found, a dinosaurian, huge Pokemon didn't seem like their culprit...or at least not their most dangerous target...her certainty only increased when Boruta brought up the Ultra Beasts.

"I fought them...many of them, but I heard they were weakened in our world." Swallowing, she indicated to the recuperating Pokemon, "It was like this, poisoned and killed Pokemon everywhere...just one is bad news for all Pokemon in the area." Their culprit was hyperagressive, poisonous, and if they were right, an Ultra Beast. It had to be stopped.

Elaine's note got Kaida to narrow her eyes, "Of course, an explosion was set off, but our target haven't shown any similar attacks...perhaps their the one who freed it." She didn't show as much interest in the discovery as one would expect, however, starting to write a report as she spoke, "We need to report that, so others can catch them...we protect Pokemon, and our attacker is still free." We deal with Pokemon problems, not people problems, wasn't that right, ? Her leader's orders obeyed, Kaida looked towards Route 120, nodding, "I want to hunt our poisonous attacker, but I won't leave any of you alone. What say you?" Even if they didn't find an attacker, sucuring the forest was a help, and the woman would support the group's decision.

TLDR: Kaida looks over the scene and verbalizes that the Pokemon escaping to Mt Pyre may have been the one fighting the escapee, and at least doesn't seem like their most dangerous target. She tells of her involvement in the 3-day War, and tells that the Rangers deal with Pokemon problems, not human problems, and if there is a third party, to put it in the report. Votes for Route 120!

close tab

played by

Evan

pace :3
he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 16:36:08 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]
[attr="class","parigidw"]

As he listens, Pace frowns hard. He hadn't had the opportunity to come into contact with an Ultra Beast himself, yet, and it wasn't particularly high on his to-do list. From what he'd heard, they were dangerous and destructive - pretty understandable considering they were basically aliens in a completely foreign world. [break][break]

He listens to Boruta's hypothesis, and watches Kaida and Elaine converse for a moment, tapping at his chin with one hand and scrunching the other against Neith's soft feathers, focusing on the sensation as he thinks.[break][break]
"I mean, it's suspicious as hell that there's people prints around here, but..." He sighs and looks, also, in the direction of Route 120.[break]
"I'm with Kaida. S'not our job to hunt down some mystery dude who might have something to do with all this. If that really is an Ultra Beast like you say-" He nods in Boruta's direction "-we really can't waste time elsewhere."[break][break]

He rests against Neith, her big bird self holding him up like a doorframe. "But we definitely need to call in that footprint shit, too. Get the police down here or something, because I don't doubt that whoever's disappeared has something to do with all this. Hopefully, the footprints just belonged to some hiker who'd gotten away with no injuries and a good spooking... it would be much easier if there weren't people involved in this bullshit.[break][break]

-------------------[break][break]

TLDR: Pace has a good listen to everyone's ideas. He agrees that the gang should report the human prints, but ultimately votes for Route 120 due to the Ultra Beast threat.

[attr="class","parigidtag"] & &

[attr="class","parigidpokes"]

[newclass=.parigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid b] color: #ffb833; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #ffb833; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #ffb833; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid i] color: #9c9c9c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffb833; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d19b34; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2022 3:47:27 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
it wasn’t until pointed out the third set of prints that bo finally noticed them. heels, maybe? he scrutinized them briefly, though standing with the other rangers on the issue. while it was definitely suspicious and worth noting, they needed to focus on the pokémon.

”definitely weird. especially how they’re only around here, huh?” asking , he pointed towards the disappearing end of the heels’ trail. thwackey took greater interest, following them and doing some investigative work of his own.

bo’s eyes then found his fellow rangers again. he nodded at . ”they can do some damage.” pointing towards mt. pyre, he noted also, ”doesn’t mean whatever did that isn’t just as destructive—or more so, even.” his eyes went to , ”but if that is a naganadel, we ought to go after it, for sure.”

so, route 120 it was.
tldr:
* joining team route 120
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2022 1:29:35 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

As real and pressing as the presence of another person was, there was not much Elaine could do when she was outnumbered three to one like this. While she had her skillsets and preferences, the others made a valid point.

The possibility of a human culprit or actor did not discount the fact that there was something dangerous rampaging out there.

Elaine sighed as she ran her hand over the back of her head and focused down on the footprints that would inevitably be buried and forgotten. It was hardly the solution she wanted, but there was something far more pressing at the moment. It realistically was better to chase after that which was more certainly imminent than that which had a likelihood of not being relevant.

“Fine. As much as I want to chase after that person, whatever went towards Route 120 is more imminently dangerous anyway.” The young woman said, acquiescing to the majority decision. “I’m reporting the presence of another person regardless, but I’ll stick with the course you guys have chosen.”

TL;DR: Elaine accedes to the Route 120 decision.

Tags: ; ;

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 18:01:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida released a breath she didn't realize she was holding, lips breaking into a soft smile, though her teeth remained hidden, it was the largest smile she would manage. "Thank you, Rangers, let us go, we need to hurry." Perhaps if they made quickly, it was possible they could resolve the problem at base, and then head out after the potential Ultra Beast.

As the Rangers returned, she took out a device and started typing on it. It was only fair that she make the report, given she was the one who lead this decision...

Rangers reported to the scene of the accident, potential crime scene. It was noticed that the scene did not match an accident, having footsteps. The escaped Pokemon were from the former Champion, Bailey, and the present Rangers made to follow the escaped Pokemon as it was potentially dangerous.

The Rangers came across injured and dead Pokemon, and worked to save what Pokemon could be saved. The site of damage featured signs of a battle, and the two battlers spit up, one heading to Mt Pyre and one heading to Route 120. The Rangers decided to choose pursuit of the Route 120 escapee, as it is possible that it was an Ultra Beast. Due to circumstances, return to the Ranger base was necessary before pursuit can continue.

It has been noted, there were human-like footprints at the scene, heading to Lilycove. There is the possibility of an interloper.

TLDR: Kaida thanks the others for following her lead, and brings up a device to make a report. Route 120 is chosen, but it seems there's danger afoot in the Ranger Base, though she emphasizes the severe danger in the route they need to investigate.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1B
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 1:15:47 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]RANGER RAID COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: