4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
control room
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 10:03:28 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

waves crashed around the island, and wind howled cold, whispering into fissures of old stone. though its walls remained, the lighthouse (smaller than the sootopolis lighthouse mind you and having existed in disuse for perhaps decades) scarcely resembled its original architecture.

as though a creation of dr. frankenstein himself, its mortared trunk ascended into moderness; a steel dome, jutting with spectacular and chaotic futuristic appendages. at first glance, it might seem obvious: whoever lived here had more than a few screws loose, because they had surely used them all in their efforts to contact the beyond.

inside, it was still dank, and salty. there was no furniture to give sign of life, and the lack of a light in place of a massive metal tube running up through the center made it all seem especially cold. a lighthouse should be a beacon. this one had been gutted of its heart.

stairs wound around along the wall, leading up to the lookout. below, however, was where the real fun was.

the handle of a metal bunker along the far wall from the entrance might immediately call to an intruder. and if they followed their curiosity, it would lead to a pristinely temperature-controlled sci-fi wonderland. control panels, computers, monitors, racks upon racks of equipment—much of which names did not exist yet for. failures, successes, and much of it all a disassembled mess strung about. to even the expert eye, it would have been overwhelming.

lights were on. things were armed, ready. there was so much here that the room radiated with an almost unsettling electric energy, a light buzz against the hairs on one’s arms.

and the front door? it was unlocked. why? because the islet’s resident scientist figured that whoever might’ve had the gall to wash ashore would be far too intimidated by the monstrosity of her home to approach, and if anyone in their right mind attempted entry, they would hardly guess the guards that awaited them.

then again, hoenn was home to few incredibly skilled thieves.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
control room
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 19:23:01 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skycaptain"]

It was, Skyler Dross quickly decided, the single most hideous building she'd ever encountered in her life.

She'd been coming back from one of her many visits to Sootopolis (sorry, Gavin) when its metallic teeth and lopsided configuration had caught her eye. Neglect and decay warred with a scaffolding of brand-new materials, glinting with the promise of what lay inside.

To Skyler, that pretty much amounted to an invitation.

She wasn't going to go in, the captain told herself. Even as her fingertips trailed alongside old stone and she found herself stepping up to the door, she was perfectly confident she'd leave this well enough alone.

Haha, as if.

"Well, isn't this cheerful."

Water drips into the threshold as Skyler pushes past it, about as stealthy as a Tauros in a china shop and entirely unconcerned about the fact.

The first room is treated to a brief sweep of silver, searching the shadows for any sort of attack or trap. When none is forthcoming, the captain exhales, shrugs and tries not to feel too disappointed. 

Door 2 proves to be far more exciting - and exactly the kind of trouble Skyler had been hoping to run into. Especially when electricity crackles across sun-kissed skin as if wanting to crawl inside - a warning that goes unheeded. That she'd be caught red-handed does not even come up as a concern.

And it quickly becomes irrelevant at what's revealed next.

Holy fucking shit.

She runs her tongue along her teeth, silver eyes flashing hungrily at the equipment inside. Knowledge is absent in her expression, but that does not stop the thrill of exploration from drawing her in. 

Calloused fingertips slide over the round edge of a button in a slow, deliberate caress.

The question here is not if Skyler will dare.

It's how far she'll go before she's stopped.

[newclass=.skycaptain] [/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain b] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain i] color: #6592A0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
control room
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 4:25:25 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the sound of the door opening with no care paid to stealth, awoke several bats that hung above from metal beams. luckily for skyler, they had been particularly deep in slumber, and she was able to make it down into the bunker before they were fully roused.

for now, the only pokémon that seemed to have noticed the captain’s entrance was a snorunt. it eyed her from behind a machine before deciding to make its way over and tap her foot. if not kicked away, it would peer up innocently before raising both stubby arms (?). it liked to be held.

there was another who had spotted their intruder—one much, much more menacing.

darkrai’s shadow quickly ascended upstairs. ” t r e s p a s s e r . . . ” it growled, the word echoing towards its avatar. her cigarette was abandoned over the edge of the lighthouse and down into the rocks below.

it took mere seconds for lulu's shadow to rise out from a dark corner of the bunker. whom she saw there, she could hardly believe. but honestly, who else had the gall?

”dross!”

her eyes nearly glowed, watching the woman’s finger hover over a big red button.

”don’t you fucking dare!”
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
control room
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 11:04:16 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Imminent destruction is postponed by two stubby arms reaching out to Skyler. "Hey there, lil bud. Watcha doing here?" The little Snorunt would find itself comfortably squished to the captain's chest, lucky bastard. Knowingly or not, its appearance gives Lulu just enough time to slip into the room.

A sudden inhale whistles past Skyler's teeth at the familiar voice, betraying the shiver of adrenaline that bleeds into her veins. Of all people. Of course. Of fucking course.

"Hey, Lu." She takes the time to taste the words, to forge them into perfect defiance. Mercury-bright eyes chase after the shadows that cling to Lulu like a second skin, that flicker in the glare that burns deliciously into her own skin. Skyler licks her lips, a frisson of fear feeding into the reckless curl of her mouth.

Without taking her eyes off of Lulu, the Snorunt is given a small pat on the rump that encourages it to scamper away because this was, undoubtedly, about to get messy. One could only hope, anyway.

Despite Lulu's growled warning, or maybe because of it, Skyler doesn't move away from the big red button. Instead she leans back against the control panel, languid and careless. Her chin tilts up in familiar challenge, and her finger drifts over the surface of red. Slowly. So very, very slowly.

"Don't I?"

Of course she would.

And with an entirely too satisfied flash of teeth - just try and stop me, just try it - Skyler presses the button.

[newclass=.skycaptain u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #6592A0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
control room
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 14:56:13 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#509eb5[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎁LOOK OUT BELOW!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PRESENT DROPS FROM THE SKY and lands at your feet. It's not addressed to you, but why not open it anyway? receives the following from :[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: gift drop can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#509eb5[/newclass]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎁LOOK OUT BELOW!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PRESENT DROPS FROM THE SKY and lands at your feet. It's not addressed to you, but why not open it anyway? receives the following from :[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: gift drop can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
control room
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 5:06:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the snorunt cuddled close, seeming to motion to something across the room. an icebox, where lulu kept the icecube treats. but, now was not the time.

it was set down, oblivious to the tension in the room. luckily, it waddled off when nudged.

lulu glared, still frozen in place. she was at the mercy of the captain’s thrills, now.

it was only when skyler's hand went down that she lunged.

”don’t!”

maybe it was a bit silly… a big red button for this, but no one had been supposed to know.

when it was suppressed, across the small island, a large model rocket about the height of a beartic rose out of the ground. an explosive sound boomed, and it hissed and growled into the air, cratering the sand and spitting it all around in great plumes of dust and debris.

lulu, eyes wild and murderous, stopped and listened until it was no longer audible.

then, it was on.

with a wild battlecry, she launched to action. 

”AAAHHHHHHH!”

papers flew as she jumped over a desk, forgetting her powers and her environment in her rage. she went low, shouldering hard and attempting to take her to the ground.

somewhere up, the small engine sputtered and stalled, and the rocket's parachute carried it down onto waves off the coast of sootopolis.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
control room
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 16:12:33 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
'don't!'

She could've stopped. She could've stepped back from the temptation and let it go. But the furious fire in Lulu's eyes beckons - and it's been too long since Skyler has been burned by it. She ignores the taste of vengeance that coats her tongue. This isn't, she tells herself, for the cold months that bloomed in the wake of Lulu's sudden disappearance last year. It's not.

Don't look back, Captain.

Both of them, they'd always been far past pleasantries. They'd always been raw and painful, precariously straddling a line between too much and not nearly enough.

When nothing explodes in the immediate vicinity, Skyler quirks an eyebrow at the other woman - intentionally ignoring the ominous rumble that occurs somewhere outside. She'll have to investigate it later.

"Well, that was a bit anticlimat-"

The battlecry reaches her seconds before the wild tackle that slams her against the ground. Pains bursts on the back of her head as it collides with the floor, eliciting a low groan. But long months spent in underground fighting pits have taught Skyler not to stay prone for long.

The captain arches her back and wraps her legs around Lulu. Grunting, she uses her weight to shove against the other woman, flipping them around so she's on top. 

Silver glints, feral, down at Lulu. 

"Oh? Was that something important?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
control room
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 8:47:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

anticlimactic?

she plowed into her with a sharp shoulder, grounding the other woman onto the cold bunker floor and peeling back up like an arbok—but she was skillfully flipped before she could manage to get a good trajectory of the fist.

had dross gotten quicker?

mounted, she grinned a sick grin at the blonde, waiting, because she had gotten better too.

”important… you bitch,” she hissed, grunting. ”what, you just wash up on beaches and break into people’s houses? you think i won’t kill you?”

it had been months since their last run-in… the horrifying experience of drowning might have haunted her nightmares, had she been the type to sleep. the pain of a broken wrist was one that gave a phantom throb still every so often, though.

she stared up at mercury, poison, craving blood.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
control room
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 10:56:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Last time they'd met, Skyler had wandered far too close to a line she'd never willingly cross - not with Lulu. To think that she would've doused the venomous glare that now burns at her skin...

She doesn't regret the broken wrist though. 

"That your new nickname for me, Lu?" Skyler doesn't seem affected by it. If anything, her grin just grows wider, wilder. Foregoing all common sense, the captain leans down to let her breath tickle the surface of Lulu's lips when she speaks.

"No, you won't." Mercury burns into gold, arrogant confidence perfectly poised on the tip of her tongue. 

Because you crave it too.

Her teeth flash in a lightning-quick grin that is like baring teeth: an intimately familiar challenge between the two of them, baiting Lulu into violence.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
control room
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 12:05:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lu. she snarled as skyler drew closer, feeling a shiver of adrenaline at the breath on her lips—and seeing her opportunity line up.

”only when it’s warranted, captain.” so, yeah. probably.

and of murder, her bluff was called, and the look it summoned on her face was a bit sour. a fresh fire roared in her gaze, lit by that rare spark skyler was far too aware she had at her disposal.

no, she wouldn’t.

”guess you’ll find out.”

she curled under her to one side and wrapped arms around her, hooking and shoving to roll them again. the second she got both knees on the ground, her fist was sailing.

no slaps today.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
control room
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 14:40:44 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Lulu stands her ground when Skyler calls her bluff despite the amusing sourness that crosses her expression. That's fine. More than fine, actually. Skyler would've felt robbed if the woman hadn't spit and growled in defiance.

"Prove me wrong, Lu." Skyler doesn't wish for death; just the opposite. She yearns for life with a ferocity seldom matched. Which is why she doesn't back down, heart chasing instead after the rush.

Viciousness, Skyler decides, looks perfectly at home in Lulu's expression.

Her lazy appreciation is cut short when Lulu shoves into her, rolling them around so she's on top. Skyler's breath is expelled from her lungs, back slamming against the hard, cold ground.

She barely has time to make sense of this new perspective when a closed fist collides with the side of her face. Pain bursts forth, eliciting a low groan. A coppery tang fills her mouth, but Skyler barely lets herself feel it.

"Fuck!"

When the fuck had Lulu learned to punch like that?

Feverish silver finds Lulu, as does a blood-stained snarl. Skyler closes her fist around the collar of Lulu's clothes and uses her weight to push the woman off of her. Her other curls tightly, using momentum to ram it against Lulu's ribcage.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
control room
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 4:02:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

they’d certainly come a way since that first run-in in lilycove, back when she’d initially arrived in hoenn. when she’d always been watching her back—except that first night, one too many tequilas deep. she’d drowned then, too, but in a different way.

now, though kyogre’s blessing was unbeknownst to lulu, they had both become chosen ones. perhaps this had something to do with the primal forces within them which had always existed. the fists, though? lulu’s could be newly credited to rocket’s , skyler’s own fishie friend.

the punches were set to rain, but the second one had no room as she was yanked close by the collar and then thrust off with surprising strength. from the ground, she tightened up and took the shot, before a hard foot burst out towards skyler’s face.

if it connected, she’d roll back to her feet, deciding she didn’t want to be on the ground anymore, and giving some distance. she wanted this to last.

”come on.”
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
control room
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 16:06:33 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

There's something wrong about this fight. Skyler can't quite put her finger on what it is, but the sensation creeps up the back of her neck like an unwanted parasite.

Their first meeting had been chaos and revelry and the crossing of invisible lines. It'd been dares precariously balanced on the tip of sharp tongues, tainted by a glorious disregard for how they would burn each other up. (A part of Skyler had itched for it. Still does, to be honest.)

In contrast, the glare that pierces into her now burns with a cold, cunning light. It raises Skyler's hackles, brings forth sharp teeth and the need to punch rationality out of Lulu's semblance. The kick is barely dodged, but surprise has the same effect Lulu had been hoping for, and some distance is put between them.

"Been training, Lu?" She'd taken that punch with barely a sound, had choreographed her reaction to be as efficient as possible. Skyler's gaze settles briefly on Lulu's fighting posture, taking notes, while the back of her hand wipes blood from her lips. "I see you've grown out of slapping people."

Skyler's lopsided grin is insolence personified. "No man's lap to hide in either." And Skyler doesn't have a liquor bottle in reach. But no matter - she can improvise. 

The captain launches herself at Lulu with no plan in mind - just a random vial that she's blindly reached for. Glass shatters in Lulu's vicinity as a distraction before Skyler aims an uppercut at the woman's face.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
control room
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 0:58:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

”you bet your sweet fuckin’ ass i have!”

there was little explanation for that one time that her hand had palmed the captain’s face, other than her at-the-time recent hand-to-hand scuffle with  and his kecleon ala ‘WHO DO YOU WORK FOR’—a strange manifestation of trauma.

but not today. not now. now, her trauma would manifest much more brutally. and indeed, would not here to use as a human shield as she tossed bottles.

”that was one time!”

the glass shattering might have drawn her from anyone else, but the thrill of the fight with this woman in particular surpassed that of scientific progress.

here, in this world they had spun up through a series of heated events, there was maybe little left to discover, and that was okay. they co-existed at the ceiling of their relationship, symbiotic in their exchange to satiate a primal nature’s needs.

blood, sweat, adrenaline. pain. domination.

or maybe it was just her. either way, it kept her from picking up the biggest shard and attempting to get it at the right place on her throat.

her elbow reacted in a pinch, and she twisted, curling up to throw it right back. a knee followed at the side.

somehow hissing through puffs, she questioned, ”why are you in sootopolis, dross?”
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
control room
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 18:02:27 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Lulu's twist warned Skyler of an incoming collision. But instead of dodging, the captain stands firm, an audible huff of air escaping her lips at the fist that makes contact with her tense midriff. Fuck, that hurt.

"What, like it's forbidden?" Gritting her teeth through the pain (and against all manner of common sense), Skyler refuses to allow Lulu her personal space. A knee is caught in her grip as it rises to hit her, fingers immediately digging into flesh. Holding it there.

A savage grin curls Skyler's mouth despite the way her midriff throbs - or perhaps because of it. She isn't pulling her punches anymore.

Apparently the scientist wasn't alone in her self-destructive path where the other was concerned.

"Keeping tabs on me, Lu?" Mockery drips from her words, head tilting ever so slightly to the side. And although curiosity peeks out from heated silver, Skyler ignores its siren call. For now. "Could've just told me you missed me."

Seizing Lulu's awkward position, Skyler puts all of her weight into shoving forward. A hand aims for the scientist's shoulder in an attempt to either knock her down or to slam her against the control panel behind her.