Scarlet

Amber "Berry" (Former Stagename)
She/Her
October 27
Goldenrod City, JOHTO
Bisexual
Model/Actress
Civilian
All publicity is good publicity, if you know how to monetize.
awards
74 posts
Amber Lenoir DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @amberlenoir
Amber Lenoir
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 13:50:22 GMT
Amber Lenoir Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]The higher the stakes, the more fun the game.
[attr="class","rhythm"]
If prosperity makes monsters,
I'll claw my way to glory.
"Helllllooooo, my Hellhounds~!"[break]
This affected, over-the-top cheerful voice was classic Amber: a saccharine and bubbly persona dressed in devilish black, with a wicked tongue to match. She lifted her state-of-the-art mobile phone to allow a full panorama of the glittering building behind her: Macro Cosmos Tech, a Galar Subsidiary. Then the camera stopped and focused in upon a crystal fountain, its arches overflowing with a curtain of sparkling water.[break]
"Today Luci and I are out and about searching for new locations for our next photoshoot. One of you beautiful people suggested we look at this marvel of architecture! Gorgeous, huh?" Amber positioned the camera on her Umbreon's head, a much-practised routine between them, as she seated herself on the lip of the fountain and posed. Lucifer patiently sat still, allowing for Amber to see herself perfectly reflected in the camera's vision as she chatted away. A small crowd of curious pedestrians had begun to settle around them both, to Amber's delight.[break]
Amber didn't much care for the towering building behind the fountain and what it represented; technology was a means to an end, and she was always able to purchase what she needed. Silph, Macro Cosmos, all of it was more or less the same to her, so long as she got what she needed.[break]
So when the explosion occurred, at first, she missed it completely--until the image on her screen began to fritz and scatter. Amber frowned, her carefully curated pleasantness souring.[break]
"Luci, babe, hold still. You're losing the signal."[break]
Much annoyed, the Umbreon growled and pouted at the indignity, for he had been faithfully holding still the entire time.[break]
"Well something's wrong!" Amber snapped, her face visibly flushed even beneath all her makeup. It was then it happened: a flood of Porygon2s swarmed out from a shattered window in the Macro Cosmos building, blotting out the sky overhead in pink.[break]
Screams ripped out from the dispersing crowd as all the electronics in the vicinity shut off one by one: the neon signs of local businesses, the immense screen flashing over the Macro Cosmos building, and most importantly the little mobile phone perched on Lucifer's head that had been broadcasting to Amber's legion of fans.[break]
How fucking dare they.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ Data Leak
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Little crises help you relish the calm.
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 16:31:51 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

LITTLE CRISES HELP YOU RELISH THE CALM

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

The slightest disruption to routine, Driscoll marvels, is enough to cause panic. Years of seeing it himself, of perpetually bearing witness to pointless displays of agitation over the slightest inconvenience have done precious little to actually acclimate him to it. He exits the stairwell into the main lobby of the building at a brisk walk, a pristinely white lab coat flaring out as he shoulders past a cluster of babbling civilians.[break][break]

Sighing, he pinches the bridge of his nose in irritation. "Nothing is ever easy," he mutters, exiting the facility's main entrance and glancing upward to the densely-clustered Porygon2 that dart around erratically, threatening to spill further from the city the longer they remain uncontained. "Simmons, I don't know why they keep you around. Absolutely incompetent. You should have seen me entering the release codes long before I managed to finish."[break][break]

He withdraws a pokeball and gives it a lazy toss, where it smacks against the concrete underfoot before releasing a Klang, gears spinning fitfully. All Driscoll has to do is lift his chin meaningfully to the escaping creatures above, and the Klang is off, surging upward amid bursts of electricity. The scientist turns his attention back to ground level, smiling sardonically to himself at the rush of people in the throes of panic. Upon sighting the girl and her Umbreon, practically fuming, he pauses, his smirk faltering.[break][break]

"Miss, you'd best get clear. This is liable to become dangerous, and the company's incident response team appears to be...delayed." He moves toward her with calm purpose, lifting an arm in a warm, if slightly condescending gesture, urging her to move away from the plaza.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

Tagged:
Notes: DATA LEAK

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5f9474;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

She/Her
October 27
Goldenrod City, JOHTO
Bisexual
Model/Actress
Civilian
awards
74 posts
Amber Lenoir DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @amberlenoir
Amber Lenoir
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 17:39:54 GMT
Amber Lenoir Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
The infuriating calm of the man's voice made Amber whip about, ready to complain at the first given opportunity. "Delayed?! Are you KIDDING me?" she spat, for all her presumed adulthood acting like a petulant, sulking child as she stomped a stiletto heel. "God, I see I'll have to handle this myself. Ridiculous. Moronic! Lucifer, you know what to do."[break]
As the Umbreon darted upwards in a blur of black-and-gold at her command, Amber actually gave the stranger beside her a quick glance. White lab coat, glasses? This was some pathetic Macro Cosmos geek, no doubt about it. And she was helping this idiot look good in front of his bosses, probably. Unbearable.[break]
"I want to talk to your manager when this is over," Amber said, her tone more than a touch snippy. "How do you let something like this happen in a multibillion-dollar enterprise? Someone's bound to get fired for this."[break]
At least the geek's Klang was doing some work herding the rogue Porygon2. She'd give him that much credit, if only that. And frankly, that was the least someone like that could do: his literal job.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ Data Leak
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 18:20:24 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Well, now. Not necessarily according to plan, but Driscoll is nothing if not adaptive; he's made a career of it. He regards Amber placidly through her outburst, at length responding with a rueful smile and a cant of his head.

[break][break]

"Yes," he offers, spreading his hands in a helpless gesture, "I can only imagine the person responsible will have much to answer for. More unfortunate that I know the poor fellow, but he's young. He'll no doubt rebound." He shrugs lightly, regarding the girl with minor amusement. "I'm afraid I am completely uninvolved - visiting a colleague, you see. If you'd care to find someone to blame, I encourage you to look for the third-floor research level inside. Now, if you prefer."

[break][break]

His smile drops slightly as a burst of electricity from above sets his hair briefly on end. Glancing upward, he identifies his Klang beset by a circling throng of Porygon2, Zap Cannon after Zap Cannon crackling through the air and setting it thick with the smell of ozone. Though the escaped pokemon are dropping to the ground as they are struck, it seems that two more replace each downed opponent.

[break][break]

Well, certainly if he can't have them all, a small subset will have to suffice. His hands slide into his pockets, and he calls up, "Reynard, would you care to speed things up? This is remarkably inefficient. Autotomize."

[break][break]

The Klang looses a horrible screech of metal on metal in response, shedding several pieces of its own frame that clatter to the ground below. Its movements become drastically swifter as it ducks and weaves through the crowd of Porygon2, slamming into one after another with grinding gears that crack and bruise the pink-and-blue assailants, and they begin to drop more regularly, unconscious, to the pavement below.

[break][break]

"Help if you like," Driscoll offers to Amber with a jovial chuckle, "Or leave if you'd prefer. I would absolutely hate to see a lovely young woman hurt in such a dreadful accident." His glasses seem to gleam solid white for the briefest of moments as he glances over to the woman before returning his gaze to the melee above.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

She/Her
October 27
Goldenrod City, JOHTO
Bisexual
Model/Actress
Civilian
awards
74 posts
Amber Lenoir DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @amberlenoir
Amber Lenoir
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 20:36:56 GMT
Amber Lenoir Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
"Hmph." Amber tossed her blonde hair and returned her attention to Lucifer, who nimbly jumped between the crackling bolts of electricity to sink his teeth into the nearest Porygon2, subduing it with a powerful BITE. "Youth is no excuse for failure." Her mother's words fell out of her mouth so effortlessly and thoughtlessly it startled her for but a single moment. That'd be something to lie awake at night about later.[break]
"Anyway," Amber continued with a brisk shake of her head, "we're already here. And I am not exactly confident in your Zap Cannons being enough to keep these freaks at bay. Whether this is your fault or not." [break]
With a flick of her wrist exaggerated by many years of trained pageantry, Amber directed Lucifer to change tactics, the Umbreon's bright eyes flashing in understanding. A single ray of peculiar light dazzled the legion of Porygon2s with Lucifer's CONFUSE RAY, the pink Pokemon jostling into one another like a procession of dazed, slow-moving machinery. For such high-tech Pokemon, Amber thought, they looked terribly stupid.

"We'll divert and distract, and you'll strike." She crossed her gloved arms and lifted an eyebrow at Henry, as if daring him to disagree. "I don't know where to drop these things off, I just want them gone. So you handle that. Sound good?"

The sooner this nightmare was over, the better.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ Data Leak
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 21:43:23 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Driscoll would almost let the indignity of this slip of a thing snidely clipping orders at him rankle, if she were not rather fortuitously making penance for the very act whether she knew it or not. As it stands, he taps a salute with two jaunty fingers against the edge of his brow and flashes her a grin that's all teeth. "Of course. Retrieval, I can handle, but striking? Well, goodness, I suppose I'd best get serious for that."

[break][break]

He watches the Umbreon work, and as the dark pokemon looses a Confuse Ray, the scientist clicks his fingers and gestures to his Klang. Reynard, to its credit, reorients almost immediately on the wobbling assemblage of Porygon2, charging energy that ruddies its silver framework before unleashing a Hyper Beam that sweeps across the gaggle of dazed escapees and sends them scattering with a sound that humorously resembles bowling pins clattering in a lane following a strike.

[break][break]

A quick flick of his wrist causes a Toxtricity to manifest beside the scientist in a flare of light. "Eckart, collect the downed Porygon2 and escort them to retrieval point twenty-six. I'll alert the containment team." The Toxtricity nods and leaps into action, sweeping a pair of unconscious Porygon from the ground in his long, amphibian arms before dashing out of sight.

[break][break]

The purple-and-yellow body of the lanky pokemon may be seen throughout the melee, darting in and out as he begins cleaning up the detritus, and Driscoll, satisfied, withdraws his phone, tapping a quick message before pocketing the device. A sharp report draws his attention, and the Klang goes spinning end-over-end as it takes the brunt of a wayward Tri-Attack.

[break][break]

"We're making progress," he shouts, jogging over to stand beneath the Klang as it rights itself, shaking off the attack somewhat wearily, "Eckart can take care of any stragglers that are trying to get further into the city, but we've got enough to deal with here, and I can only use that particular trick so often. Have you got anything bigger up your sleeve? He directs to Amber, running a hand through his hair in a nervous habit.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Scarlet

She/Her
October 27
Goldenrod City, JOHTO
Bisexual
Model/Actress
Civilian
awards
74 posts
Amber Lenoir DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @amberlenoir
Amber Lenoir
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 19:50:43 GMT
Amber Lenoir Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]

The Hyper Beam scorched past Amber overhead, its additional power combined with the Zap Cannons briefly causing her blonde hair to stand on end. Well, well. The geek had some actual firepower after all. Perhaps she'd underestimated him.

"Something bigger up my sleeve?" Amber scoffed, taking two Pokeballs and tossing them with a flourish. "Fine, fine. Nyx, Dante! Let's go." A graceful Absol and a rambunctious Houndour respectively emerged from their red-and-white enclosures, ready to answer their mistress's commands.

With all three of her Pokemon in front of her, it occurred to Amber she had, essentially, three dogs at her command.

And dogs liked to herd confused, wandering Pokemon.

"Dante, use FLAME CHARGE!" Amber directed, the small Houndour obediently darting off in a blurring whirl of red. "Draw the Porygon2s into the line of attack so each hit pays off. When they're lined up, light up with FLAMETHROWER." If she could prevent the virtual Pokemon from scattering too far out of Toxtricity's radius, that alone would accomplish plenty.

That handled, Amber turned her attention to defense. "Nyx, DETECT what's coming so we can protect against it. Then use that knowledge to TAUNT and keep fire away from the geek's Klang." With a bow of Nyx's black-and-white head, the Absol's response was immediate, her pace more measured and thoughtful than her siblings as she nipped at the Porygons to keep them in line, drawing their fury away from Reynard.

"How's this?" Amber shouted over the clamoring din overhead, her usual confidence faltering, if but for a moment, at the sheer number of opponents she had impulsively stumbled into. Things seemed under control for now, but that was tentative, liable to devolve the longer the situation continued. And Amber hated surrender more than just about anything else.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ Data Leak
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 23:48:47 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

The sudden addition of two more pokemon to the fray allows the melee to distract Amber from Driscoll's frankly bemused expression. He had not, it seems, expected her to attempt to rise to the occasion. The extraction might not be as clean as he'd have preferred, but with precious few onlookers having stayed to brave the swarm of pokemon and Eckart already on the move, he supposes it's as close as he might manage, given the circumstances.
[break][break]
He fancies himself too mature to rise to obvious bait, but 'geek' - really? The scientist glances up to his Klang with a half-smirk, shouting, "The young lady's giving you a barrel, Reynard - Shift Gear and shoot the blasted fish!" In response, the rotation of the Klang's gears increases dramatically, and if it was nimble before, it practically zips from point to point through the air now. Orienting on the densely-packing masses of Porygon2 being herded by Dante and Lucifer, the Klang wastes no time, unleashing blazing arcs of electricity with its Zap Cannon in a stunning display of precision, if not wholesale power.
[break][break]
The Porygon2 struck by the attacks begin to drop to earth, where they are whisked away by a tumbling Eckart almost as soon as they touch the ground. As though spotting this, a cluster of the Porygon2, indignant at the treatment of their fellows, swarms Eckart as he attempts to retreat across the plaza to the designated retrieval point. The violet pokemon is briefly lost in a swirling mass of cotton-candy pinks and blues, until a teeth-rattling Boomburst is unleashed from within, sending the would-be rescuers sprawling across the pavement.
[break][break]
Eckart, very reasonably, takes the opportunity to snag another one or two within his grip before loping out of sight, no doubt to return for the next lap.
[break][break]
Henry plugs his ears in consternation, the shockwave from the Boomburst having disoriented some of the Porygon2 still hovering over the plaza. Reynard, orienting for another Zap Cannon, grinds in protest as the electricity fails to manifest. "Out of PP already?" the scientist grouses. Though the Klang swiftly rejoins the fray using Gear Grind and bowling through the Porygon2, it is clearly a less effective way of clearing the air.
[break][break]
From his periphery, Henry catches Eckart down the alleyway once more, though this time the Toxtricity offers him a curt nod before loping off. Time to formulate an exit strategy, then. "We're thinning the herd, but Reynard can't keep this up much longer! I suggest you finish this - go all out!" He bellows, his gaze flicking to Amber as though in agitation.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Scarlet

She/Her
October 27
Goldenrod City, JOHTO
Bisexual
Model/Actress
Civilian
awards
74 posts
Amber Lenoir DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @amberlenoir
Amber Lenoir
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 20:15:23 GMT
Amber Lenoir Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Go all out? Amber scanned her surroundings and tried to focus on how to account for the lack of the Klang's manpower. Lucifer was already growing tired, his breathing ragged from facing so much of the early onslaught. Nyx was doing well enough, but Dante's part of the herd seemed the hardest to keep under control. The Houndour was smaller than the others, and as such more prone to missing the sheer number of targets before him.[break]
Dante seemed to have reached the same conclusion, his little face scrunched up with disgust at how quickly he was falling behind his siblings. This time, his Flame Charge gained a renewed fervor, and the Flamethrower he launched at the Porygons grew in strength and ferocity. Amber could feel the heat even from where she stood.[break]
No, she realized suddenly. The flames were actually creeping closer.[break]
The sky burned scarlet, the flames surrounding Dante leaping up like fireworks to crackle and burn the opposing Porygon2 in a sudden inferno as the black-and-red Pokemon leapt ahead of the others, noticeably larger than before -- a Houndour no longer, but a fully evolved Houndoom. Reveling in his newfound power, Dante unleashed a corona of flame and howled, the glint in his eyes challenging any of the Porygon2 to approach. One by one he leapt at them with teeth bared and claws out, his flames catching any that dared to turn and flee.[break]
In the ashes and smoke, the last of the Porygon2 fell to the ground, carried away by the Toxtricity's faithful retrieval service. The electronics nearby flickered back on one by one, dim at first then brightening.[break]
"Oh, Dante," Amber exclaimed, holding the newly evolved Pokemon close. "You did it. You did it! My good boy." A wave of affection and pride overcame her as she petted his dark fur, and Dante's barbed tail wagged happily in response. [break]
Amber had no reason to expect to see the scientist again, but perhaps it was this sudden swell of gratitude that caused her to hand him her card. "Name's Amber Lenoir. If the press asks you about this, you can direct them my way. It's the least I can do to make you look good if anyone asks."

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ Data Leak
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 3:01:41 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

While that hadn't quite been the finale Henry had in mind, he had to concede that the younger woman appeared quite capable of holding her own. As Reynard managed a few half-hearted Gear Grinds to take out the straggling Porygon2, the spectacle of Dante's evolution enabled Eckart to swiftly convey the remaining downed pokemon from the scene.
[break][break]
The scientist returns Reynard to its pokeball and accepts Amber's card with a warm smile, though it doesn't quite manage to reach his eyes. "Thank you very much indeed," he offers, "Though looking good is hardly what I'm after. Merely ensuring that those poor pokemon stop causing havoc and make it to where...well, where they ought to be, I suppose."
[break][break]
A shame that the surveillance equipment was shorted by the rampage of Porygon2 during the hubbub, and even more a shame that Amber is as recognizable as she is. The vast majority of the downed Porygon2 were ferried by Eckart to a secure location where numerous Rocket retrieval vehicles carted them away to their own labs. Macro Cosmos would likely be missing them, but any witnesses to the alleged theft would certainly remember a pretty young influencer before a nondescript scientist.
[break][break]
Henry adjusts his glasses, bids the girl farewell with a lazy wave, and turns not to the building, but to follow Eckart down an alleyway humming softly to himself. "Retrieval in place?" he inquires, to which the Toxtricity gives an affirmative growl. "Excellent," Henry murmurs to himself. "A job well done, I should think."
[break][break]
If it meant a feather in his cap for Team Rocket, well, all the better.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,021 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Disconnected [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 7:42:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: