TAG WITH @rae
Rae Rançon
Lounging in Littleroot [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 2:01:33 GMT
Rae Rançon Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
TLDR: Rae gets overly concerned about a minor sprain on her Absol, calls a passing Matilda over to see if she can  help.

MISSION
Rae hunches over on the side of the road, her head in her hands. What is she doing? She sure as hell doesn’t know how to treat this and doesn’t want to make it any worse by trying to treat it.[break]

BLINK the ABSOL lays on the ground, looking up at Rae. The two had been training their endurance out on a run when he’d developed a super big limp on one of his hind legs, forcing Rae to lay him down on his side while she tries to figure something out. Was it just a sprain? A break? It seems to be something deeper than what just a normal Potion could fix. She’d been so focused on the training she hadn’t noticed the injury until it was too late and curses herself out for not paying more attention.[break]

The winter sun shines on the two, giving some warmth on the cool day. She can’t believe she let this happen to her partner. She thinks about lifting him up to go get help. They were almost to Littleroot and she could certainly handle his weight, but would she hurt him in the process?[break]

Her mind races until she sees someone coming in the distance and hope washes over her. Maybe they’d know what to do. “Excuse me!” she calls out. “Could I get some help over here?”

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 4:51:51 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

"Alright, so we're basically gonna need furnishings for the whole place..." Matilda begins rattling off the day's shopping list to the stoic Gothitelle walking beside her. Matilda occasionally answers unspoken questions out loud - the Gothitelle never speaks a word, her expression unchanging.[break][break]

The sound of someone calling to them in the distance stops the pair mid-step. They course correct slightly, heading towards the voice, and Matilda speeds up to a jog. "Hey, everything alright?" She asks as she approaches, but it's clear the Absol lying on the ground is in pain and the woman Mattie assumed to be his Trainer was very concerned. Matilda instinctively takes a knee, looking over the Absol but not touching him until she gets more info. "What happened?" The concern in her voice is clearly for the both of them. She knew how hard it was to see your friend in pain and feel helpless.

[break][break]

Mission: Employment: Act I

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.matilda]font:11px roboto;--accent:#db9dbd;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda ]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hazel

Raegan
she/her
August 14
Nimbasa City, Unova
Pansexual
Personal Trainer/Athlete
Civilian
10 height
10 height
Always get back up.
awards
68 posts
Rae Rançon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rae
Rae Rançon
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2022 2:42:20 GMT
Rae Rançon Avatar

tag
notes
“I… I’m not sure,” Rae says, voice shaking ever so slightly. She takes a second to compose herself. How’d she let this happen? They were set to play in a match later this week and now that’s just out the window.[break]

“Blink and I… We were just out for a run and he started limping and went down. He won’t get back up and I’m worried because he’s not like that usually!”[break]

The Absol stares up at Matilda, bored. He’s laying down, sure, but he’s obviously not in any visible pain. Rae has a hand resting on his back, fidgeting around but staying far away from the injured leg for fear of hurting him more.[break]

She looks over at Matilda, a pleading look in her eyes. “I just… don’t know what to do! I don’t know how to diagnose this stuff and certainly don’t know how to treat it…”

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 4:03:28 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

Matilda nods as the other woman speaks, looking over the Absol. "Blink huh? Well that's a pretty cute name, lil guy," she says to the Absol, very gently touching his injured leg. "He looks like he's doing alright with the weight off it - I'd say he probably has some degree of fracture going on in there." [break][break]

The Gothitelle catches up to the small group and sets a hand on Matilda's shoulder. The woman's brow furrows and she looks up at the Gothitelle, the two of them sharing a look in silence. Clearing her throat, Matilda looks back to Rae. "Um, if you don't mind my asking - were you by chance training for a Gym Challenge or a Pokemon fight of some kind? I know it's none of my business," Mattie flashes a begrudging glare at her Gothitelle, "but...Absol tend to resent fighting. Some Absol," she corrects herself. "Some Absol really don't like fighting." She looks up at Rae through her eyelashes, her hands still laying gently on Blink to keep him from springing up and worsening any current wounds.

[break][break]

Mission: Employment: Act I[break]

[newclass=.matilda .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.matilda .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hazel

Raegan
she/her
August 14
Nimbasa City, Unova
Pansexual
Personal Trainer/Athlete
Civilian
10 height
10 height
Always get back up.
awards
68 posts
Rae Rançon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rae
Rae Rançon
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 5:42:53 GMT
Rae Rançon Avatar

tag
notes
she's so worried about what matilda must think about her
MISSION

Rae paces back and forth as Matilda kneels down next to her Absol, sharply inhaling in panic any time she touches her Pokemon’s injured leg. She really hoped it wasn’t hurting him much, but Matilda’s diagnosis makes her heart plummet. She almost doesn’t catch Matilda asking about how often she battles through the thoughts swirling around her head.[break]

“Battling? I mean, sometimes we do but… we haven’t for a while. I’ve thought about taking on the gyms but haven’t gotten around to it, y’know?” She rolls out her shoulders, trying to do anything to stay moving, anything to keep her from thinking about her Pokemon laying on the ground in front of her. “I’m an athlete, and when I go for a run Blink likes to come with me, stretch his legs, y’know? I guess I must’ve pushed him too hard or didn’t see he wanted to stop or somethin…”[break]

She avoids Matilda’s gaze, ashamed of herself. She really cares about her Pokemon and it’s killing her to see him like this. “I’m sorry. I know it’s my fault he got hurt. Please, if you can, just help him and I promise I’ll get him to take it easy.”

close tab

played by

Jess

Tilly, Mattie
she/her
August 2
Bi
Veterinarian
22 height
22 height
awards
92 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greenlaw
Matilda Greenlaw
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2022 3:28:10 GMT
Matilda Greenlaw Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matilda"]

While the Trainer paces and explains the situation, Matilda slips off her bag and begins rummaging through it. She pulls out some supplies, adding a "Mmhmm," as appropriate for the conversation. A small box of powder is poured in equal parts into three smaller vials, and she grinds a pinkish-orange berry with a mortar and pestle. Without prompting, the Gothitelle begins walking around, picking up sticks and comparing them, then setting them down. [break][break]

Noticing the panic in the Trainer's voice, Matilda smiles reassuringly, her eyes still glued to her work. "Don't worry, we'll have him up and running in no time." The berry juice is poured into each vial, filling them up the rest of the way. She stoppers them and shakes them so the powder dissolves into the liquid, then pulls a cloth from a zippered pouch. [break][break]

The Gothitelle kneels at Blink's wounded leg, seemingly having found two appropriate pieces of wood for her tastes. She gently braces Blink's leg with the wood, then takes the cloth and begins tying it around to keep the splint in place. "Oh uh, this is Garnet by the way," Matilda says to the Trainer, gesturing to the Gothitelle. "And I'm Matilda! Everyone calls me Mattie." Giving the vials a few extra shakes, she hands the three of them to the Trainer. "Give him one of these now, and one in the morning for the next two days. The splint should stay on overnight, but if it's really bothering him tomorrow you can take it off." Giving Blink a look, Matilda ruffles the fur on his neck gently. "But you have to take it easy, okay?" She says to him emphatically, but with a playful smile.

[break][break]

Mission: Employment: Act I[break]

close tab

played by

Hazel

Raegan
she/her
August 14
Nimbasa City, Unova
Pansexual
Personal Trainer/Athlete
Civilian
10 height
10 height
Always get back up.
awards
68 posts
Rae Rançon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rae
Rae Rançon
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 22:26:20 GMT
Rae Rançon Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Rae crouches next to Matilda, closely watching her work with different berries and vials. She settles in next to her Absol, resting the Pokemon’s head on her lap and gently strokes his neck to try and calm herself down. The Pokemon winces for a second when traction is pulled to set the splint, but stays mostly bored with this. [break][break]

“I’m Rae,” she says quickly and quietly, her eyes still focused on Matilda’s recipe. Has she already introduced herself? She’s not sure. She’s not sure she cares, either. As long as Blink can get back on his feet, she doesn’t care how stupid she might look. She watches as the vials get their stoppers put on top and takes them, holding them extremely gently in her hands. [break][break]

Blink, enjoying the pats he’s getting from both Matilda and Rae, lets out a small purr before yawning. Little does he know his next few days are gonna be full of boredom and medicine, but for now he’s gonna live happily in the moment.[break][break]

She gently tips the Absol’s head back and pours one of the vials into the Pokemon’s mouth. The Absol tries to spit up the medicine but Rae doesn’t let her, gently stroking the underside of his throat to force a swallow reflex. “I know, buddy. I’m sorry, but it's the doctor's orders.” [break][break]

Happy that her Pokemon will be okay, Rae can focus on Matilda again. “‘M glad you’re here, Mattie. And Garnet, too. Dunno what I’d do if you hadn’t come by. Can I do anything for you in return? Pay you or help you move furniture or something? I feel bad taking up your time like this.”[break]

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#D5A53D;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]