Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 1:25:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Another night, another shitty ramshackle slum on the outskirts of Slateport. This building was one of many safehouses dotted throughout Hoenn where ROCKET trafficked certain illegal merchandise. The cargo varied constantly, but tonight it was several crate-loads of Galarian SLOWPOKE. An easy enough Pokémon to look after, all things considered.

Barnaby had been assigned guard duty with some new recruit this evening. She hadn't arrived just yet, but he wasn't too bothered about it. Pepin, his adorable and diminutive EEVEE, was keeping him entertained. The little guy was running circles around the room, attempting to catch his fluffy tail. This was one of his favorite games.

Poor guy had yet to succeed at the game, though.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 14:15:40 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tclyr"] ❝ even in the ruins
[attr="class","tclyrb"] ❝ even in the ruins

[attr="class","tcsub"] FLOWERS BLOOM AND FLOURISH

[attr="class","tcword"] Mission: On the Down Low

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"]Elisabeth had not lived long enough in Hoenn to become accustomed to the urban decay of the Slateport slums. Some matters could be understood intellectually from books, but had to be witnessed to truly feel their impact. Poverty was one such thing. [break][break]
As much as she attempted to keep her face a mask as she continued to the safehouse, the initial shock on her expression showed to passersby, Elisabeth knew. Were it not for the cackling Misdreavus by her side, it was entirely likely she'd be a target of a robbery in a place like this one.[break][break]
She was grateful she had yet to see her Rocket superior while in such a state. It wouldn't do to appear so sheltered at first blush, not when competence was demanded of her. The world is a cruel place, but you knew that, Elisa. Move along.[break][break]
The interior of the safehouse was another matter entirely. As Elisabeth gingerly stepped into the concrete building, she glanced with mild surprise at a tiny Eevee chasing his tail before the several crate-loads of Galarian Slowpokes. The dark-haired man within appeared more interested in the Eevee's antics than in the merchandise behind him, though Elisabeth could hardly blame him for that; Slowpokes were rather dull Pokemon, truth be told.[break][break]
"Good evening." Speaking first seemed impolite, but her entrance had been a quiet one, and Elisabeth did not wish to startle. She bowed her head slightly in greeting as the man turned to face her. "I am called Elisabeth. I have been assigned to work here with you tonight." Gesturing to the Misdreavus at her side, she said, "This is my companion, Lavender. I hope we have not kept you waiting long."

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 4:45:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Pepin was the first to notice the new recruit's entrance. The small EEVEE froze in place and stared for a moment, before squeaking out an alarm to notify Barnaby of the woman's arrival. It was meant to be an intimidating sound, but was mostly just adorable.

Barnaby, from his spot on the wall he was leaning against, glanced over toward the door. Upon seeing her face, his eyebrows rose in surprise.

"Elisabeth." He repeated her name as if tasting it, his expression curious, his tone light and conversational.

"A pleasure to meet you, although..."

He paused, smiling.

"Would Lady Bortiforte be a more appropriate moniker? Or— no, I suppose it would be Lady Fiorelli now."

Lord Bortiforte's untimely demise had been all over the Kalosian news networks recently. Barnaby still had many contacts in the media there who'd reached out with the shocking development; gossip, of course, soon followed.

"My condolences for your loss." Strangely, Barnaby's demeanor didn't read as sympathetic, however. His voice was almost conspiratorial; sly without giving anything away.

"Regardless, you may call me Bee. And this is Pepin. Say hello to Elisabeth and Lavender, mon chou."

He squeaked again, this time a little more friendly.

"Bon. Let's get to work, then." Barnaby said, pushing himself off the wall.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 11:11:50 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tcword"] mission: on the down low

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] Bortiforte. Her late husband's name stole the breath from Elisabeth's lips like a frostbitten gale, her throat constricting with wild, animalistic panic. It shamed her how much power his name still had over her.[break][break]
That a Rocket superior--a fellow Kalosian, at that--would know of the scandal shouldn't surprise her. A beautiful and isolated young widow surviving such a powerful, dark-natured man was bound to invite gossip. In Kalos, Elisabeth had cried before the police tasked to investigate her husband's death, and the relentless sobbing they documented had been real--not born of grief or remorse, as many suspected, but pure relief.[break][break]
This marked the first time in Hoenn, however, that Elisabeth had been confronted with the ugliness of her past; a naïve, childish part of her had hoped she never would be. A ridiculous notion, she chided herself. How foolish of her to hold such expectations, whether she was conscious of them or not.[break][break]
Heady emotion gave way to cold reason in moments, and the woman's features relaxed as she smiled, lips tightly drawn into a thin line. "How kind of you. I am Lady Fiorelli now, yes, though we needn't use such formalities. It is a pleasure to meet you and little Pepin." A pale hand alighted delicately upon her neck, the young widow's eyes shining as she murmured with a dulcet sigh, "Forgive me for my emotion. The loss of my late husband is recent, and the wound remains fresh." [break][break]
Whether or not he believed her innocence, she knew to play the part for now. To work, indeed. [break][break]
Elisabeth followed her companion like a shadow, ghosted by Lavender's gleeful giggling at her side. The tall woman arched an eyebrow and studied 'Bee,' considering her words for a moment's thought, before she ventured carefully, "I believe I am at a disadvantage. My reputation precedes me, but I am afraid I cannot say the same of yours. Have we met before?"[break][break]
It was possible, though much of Elisabeth's memory of her life before her marriage was frayed and blurred at the edges. Debutante balls, dances with faceless noblemen, elaborate dinners celebrating business merges... And before that, the haze of childhood dreams, chasing other heirs and heiresses in the gardens to the misfortune of the nannies tasked to look after the rascals.[break][break]
A fleeting thought, wicked and cruel, whispered through her mind--perhaps he had known Bortiforte? The very notion made her blood turn cold, but she forced herself to dismiss it.[break][break]Bee, if anything, had sounded pleased. If he had known Bortiforte, he certainly didn't mourn him.

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 2:40:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby threw an amused smile over his shoulder as he walked toward the SLOWPOKE pens.

"Me? In the company of royals? Certainly not." He lied.

His family owned one of the largest media conglomerates in the country. That, paired with their ties to ROCKET, had them rubbing elbows with many Kalos elite. Had he actually met Elisabeth herself? Perhaps in passing, many years ago. He couldn't recall a concrete memory, though.

Regardless, he was curious about what exactly had led such an illustrious woman to this ill-begotten slum. Barnaby tempered his curiosity for the moment, however, as they did have work to do. He made a mental note to chat with her when they had a free moment.

"Our job is simple. Guard the merchandise until the buyer comes to collect."

He leaned over the wooden crate, peering down from its open top. The SLOWPOKE milled around, complacent in their prison.

"They should be here by morning."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 12:36:11 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] "The company of royals."[break][break]
Elisabeth raised a single eyebrow with faint bemusement. Was he mocking her? The more Bee spoke, the more she began to feel like a Rattata being batted back and forth between the paws of a bored, lazy Persian.[break][break]
"Stranger things have happened," Elisabeth replied mildly. Her own participation in Rocket, for instance.[break][break]
At the description of the task, Elisabeth calculated the hours left. She imagined the buyer would be an early riser, to make full use of the cloak of night. Six hours or so, then. That should be doable enough.[break][break]
"Shall we fortify our defenses, then?" Elisabeth asked. By way of explanation, she continued, "In the event of intruders, of course." [break][break]
Did most of these events continue without incident? She hated how her newness permeated all aspects of this encounter. Standing around seemed... wasteful, almost.[break][break]
Elisabeth detested idleness; her hands preferred to work, her mind ached to focus.[break][break]
Meanwhile, Lavender had busied herself making silly faces at Pepin, who seemed either terribly delighted or terribly afraid of the Ghost Pokemon's ridiculous antics. It was frankly difficult to tell which from this angle, but the Misdreavus was having a grand time.

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2022 1:51:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"True. Like having a noble walk into a hovel like this of her own volition. I definitely did not expect that," He laughed - a bright, pleasant sound - and turned to the newly enlisted grunt. "Although I'm sure you have your reasons for joining ROCKET."

His smile mellowed as he continued more quietly, "We all do."

At her suggestion, Barnaby nodded and walked away from the crates and toward the center of the room. "Good call."

A small smirk crept onto his lips as he thought of his next words. He was curious of her abilities, so instead of taking the lead he extended a little test.

"What do you suggest?"

While they discussed logistics and fortifications, their Pokémon played obliviously in the corner. Pepin, rather than being terrified, found Lavender to be utterly hilarious. Her silly faces had him rolling on the floor, holding back laughter.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2022 14:58:23 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] At Bee's warm laugh, Elisabeth felt her defensiveness fade ever so slightly. "No?" she said with a wry smile. "A golden cage is still a cage. At least a hovel has an open door." Her words, lilting and pleasant, offered his curiosity an answer without giving anything away at all.[break][break]
Though his own somber admission gave Elisabeth pause. She could guess at the most common reasons for joining Rocket. Money, primarily. Power, certainly. Perhaps even delusions of grandeur. None seemed to suit the handsome man in front of her, however, unless he was suffering more debt than his carefree demeanor suggested?[break][break]
Ah, well. The tales never rewarded curiosity, did they? Alas for Pandora, Eve, and Bluebeard's wives. Elisabeth dismissed the thought and focused on the task at hand.[break][break]
Her brow furrowed as she considered her options, assessing the cramped space with a calculated glance. "There is little space to engage in combat here," Elisabeth said. "Should we battle in this arena, there is a high chance we damage the merchandise, or some Slowpoke escape. Therefore our focus is on making sure intruders don't breach the door en masse. If we can keep them to one or two individuals entering the safeguard location at a time, we will be much more successful."[break][break]
With an almost distracted mien as she thought aloud, Elisabeth tossed two Pokeballs in the air, revealing a smiling Vileplume and a gleaming red Scizor. To the first Pokemon, Elisabeth said, "Bryony dear, please engage in GRASSY TERRAIN. Give careful attention to the door, would you? Some vines and blossoms to help fasten it in place will do nicely, and any you can include to keep the Slowpokes tightly nestled in their cages would be appreciated." [break][break]
Bryony chirped happily and twirled in place, lush grasses spreading throughout the location as vines of wildflowers caressed the crates of Slowpokes and a throng of ivy began to creep up against the door and find its way within the hinges. At the very least, it would weaken the power of the Slowpokes if they did break free in the ensuing chaos.[break][break]
As Bryony continued in her working of the terrain, the Scizor patiently hovered near Elisabeth with an almost knightly air, awaiting her mistress's commands. "Amaranth," the blonde said, turning to the Scizor, "I would like you to stand by the door please. Do sharpen yourself with IRON DEFENSE and be prepared to hold it against any intruders that might seek to open it."[break][break]
Kneeling, the Scizor bowed her head and directed herself to the door as instructed.[break][break]
"Ideally," Elisabeth continued, "we ought to be alerted to their arrival before they even enter the safeguard location." Glancing back to her Misdreavus, who was sticking out her tongue to a gleeful and much-amused Pepin, Elisabeth said, "Lavender can phase through walls easily enough and blend into the shadows. Should she see any League patrollers about, she can disorient them with CONFUSE RAY to mislead them. Can't you, dear?" Scowling and much annoyed at having her fun interrupted, Lavender dissipated into the shadows obediently.[break][break]
Elisabeth pursed her lips, the gears of her mind turning. "It is a shame that I don't..." Her voice trailed off as she began and dismissed a thought, turning to her companion who watched and waited with a teacher's patience.[break][break]
"I don't suppose you have a Psychic-type Pokemon, do you?" Elisabeth asked, a finger twirling itself into her loose hair; she seemed oblivious of the nervous habit. "They could better alert us within the safehouse of any people reaching close proximity."
[break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2022 22:35:48 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
A golden cage is still a cage.

He wondered idly about her words, about their implications, about her choice to join ROCKET. It seemed to Barnaby that Elisabeth had simply swapped one cage for another. ROCKET was a lifelong commitment, after all, and they didn't take kindly to defectors.

Nevertheless, it wasn't of much consequence to him. He was quite enjoying her company, actually, and based on the strategies she was detailing to him she actually seemed a good fit for the work.

Barnaby nodded along as the lady spoke, finding very little to criticize. "I'll have my René join Amaranth. Two Scizor are better than one, no?"

So he said, but from his coat came three capsules which revealed not only his SCIZOR, but also his FROSLASS and STARMIE.

"Noelle will aid Lavender. Put some Spikes down, won't you, love?" The Ice-type Pokémon curtsied in response and floated toward her new Ghost-type companion. Soon the pair faded into the walls and disappeared.

"As for a Psychic-type... yes, I have my dear Evangeline. They are one of my favorites. Powerful - both offensively and defensively." The STARMIE's inner gem flashed a vivid crimson, signaling their delight at the compliment. "Mon bijou, what can you see? Scan the perimeter of the building."

The Pokémon grew still. Its central jewel glowed a dazzling shade of red as it focused its psychic energy, projecting its subconscious outwardly into the world. A minute passed, then two, three, four. On the fifth the STARMIE let out a startled cry.

That wasn't good. Such a reaction meant...

"We have company. Prepare yourself." Barnaby stated, his demeanor having turned uncharacteristically serious as he strode toward the guarded door.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2022 11:17:23 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] Despite herself, relief flooded through Elisabeth at the implicit praise of her actions. Too many years spent surviving based on your ability to please, Elisa. The dark thought was pushed aside, buried with so many others like it, as Elisabeth watched Bee's Pokemon join her own in preparation.[break][break]
When Evangeline's gem brightly flashed, however, Elisabeth's heart leapt into her throat. So soon? [break][break]
Elisabeth pulled her hood over her face reflexively, obscuring her tell-tale noble features as she anxiously looked upon the door. A series of cries outside indicated that the SPIKES placed there by Noelle had reached their intended target, while the bickering suggested that CONFUSE RAY had disoriented more than just the Pokemon involved in the search:[break][break]
"The intel said it should be this way--dammit, this place really is a shithole, broken glass everywhere. Watch your step!"[break]
"You're going the wrong way, you moron."[break]
"The dogs know what they're doing!"
[break][break]
Dogs? Soon the yelping of HOUNDOUR reached Elisabeth's ears, circling outside the safehouse loudly. The twin shields of René and Amaranth shimmered with a metallic sheen as the door began to shudder on its hinges; the vines latching it shut held as loud cursing echoed outside.[break][break]
"Open this door in the name of the League!" a gruff voice yelled. "We have you surrounded."[break][break]
So the fools were struggling to open the door. Excellent. That meant they still had some time. From the sound of the voices, it was merely a wandering patrol that had found them; no more than a handful of trainers, she guessed. And bluffing terribly.[break][break]
"Prepare your SOLAR BEAM, Bryony," Elisabeth said as panic gave way to unsettling calm. "We have time."[break][break]
Light gathered at the centre of the Vileplume's petals as she bowed her head in intense focus, aiming herself towards the front of the safehouse. Motes of green energy rose and spiraled about the GRASSY TERRAIN, lending their strength to the Grass-type Pokemon.[break][break]
"Not yet," Elisabeth said to Bryony. "Hold. Wait."[break][break]
As if on cue, the door began to slowly splinter apart as a GRAVELER punched his entire body through the door's center in a TACKLE, narrowly missing the two Scizors in the process as he tangled in the vines. The silhouettes of two trainers were visible beyond the throng of leaves and briars, with at least two HOUNDOUR between them.[break][break]
"Now."[break][break]
The dazzling green light shot forth from the Vileplume's unfurled rafflesia petals, striking the Graveler squarely in the face. To Elisabeth's pleasure, the attack had nearly devastated the large Pokemon in one blow.[break][break]
The luck wouldn't hold, however; tongues of flame swirled in the Houndours' jaws, directed towards the leafy enclosure with a powerful FLAMETHROWER attack.[break][break]
"Bryony," Elisabeth said to her Vileplume in a voice as smooth as silk, "once the vines break, I want you to attack whoever or whatever enters with the most vile, caustic TOXIC you can imagine. I want their flesh to be unrecognizable, do you understand?"[break][break]
The nonchalant order came out with an uncharacteristic coldness; there were some aspects of survival that a pretty face and a gentle demeanor couldn't accomplish. Elisabeth had learned that the hard way:[break][break]
All mercy had to be earned.[break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 22:12:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
René did his best to hold the door. It was an admirable effort, and gave Elisabeth's VILEPLUME ample time to gather its energy for Solar Beam, but ultimately he was pushed back. He stumbled out of the way of the rampaging GRAVELER, narrowly missing a wayward punch from the hunk of rock. Tch. The bastard deserved the beam that was coming to him. Once devastated by the solar energy, René would land the finishing blow on the GRAVELER with a quick Bullet Punch.

With their battering ram defeated, HOUNDOUR rushed in to take its place.

"Let's add to the disfigurement, Evangeline." Barnaby quipped, strangely calm despite the situation. "Use Scald on the group of Houndour." Super-heated water combined with corrosive poison should be enough to subdue the dogs. If not kill them.

The HOUNDOUR weren't the only ones suffering, however; their trainers were dealing with issues as well. From the rear came Lavender and Noelle, skulking in the shadows until the time was right. Seeing that their safehouse had been breached and the entrance opened, the FROSLASS began her assault: the resulting Blizzard outside the door's threshold forced the League trainers forward, lest they be frozen solid.

Just as planned.

Barnaby raised a hand and pointed toward the officers. "Now! Paralyze them all."

On cue, Evangeline emitted an electric pulse from her central gem. The two League officers succumbed to the Thunder Wave and froze mid-stride, falling roughly to the floor.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 20:36:16 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] Too many years of solitude had, for a moment, made Elisabeth forget that she was not alone in this warehouse. When Bee's Pokemon began to take action beside hers--Rene's strength in holding the door, complete with the finishing blow on the GRAVELER--a strange sense of relief washed over her. The swell of gratitude only burgeoned to new heights as Evangeline and Noelle took arms as well, effectively thwarting the assault before a single Slowpoke could so much as peek out of its crate.[break][break]
As part of Rocket, Elisabeth would no longer be alone. Never again.[break][break]
"Well aimed, Evangeline," she murmured approvingly as the Houndours whimpered on the ground, riddled with afflictions. It had been a more frightening pack of them than she had anticipated at first glance, including a Houndoom in the rear. Those that were poisoned foamed at the mouth; those burned rolled about in vain, seeking to rid themselves of the flames that sought to envelop them completely; more still appeared frozen in place by Noelle's BLIZZARD; all others were twitching in place, paralyzed.[break][break]
Of the latter category, the two trainers were included: one a tall thin man with a scraggly beard whom Elisabeth guessed was no older than twenty-five, and the other a bespectacled woman in her early thirties, hair tied up in a bun.[break][break]
Neither seemed to be particularly high-ranking officers of the League, judging by the sheer panic on their faces. Likely both were entirely out of their element, or seeking glory by biting off more than they could chew.[break][break]
Elisabeth had planned to step aside and let Bee lead, but something compelled her to move forward as Lavender hovered back to her side. "Welcome," she said mockingly, her hooded visage sinister in the darkness. "We have you surrounded. Answer some questions for us, and we'll see what we can do for you, hm?"[break][break]
The woman slowly jerked her head up, expression indignant. "M-m-muh--![break][break]
Oh dear. This wasn't going to progress very well with the paralysis, but undoing that was hardly sporting. Not when Evangeline had worked so very hard to accomplish this feat, no. And was it really worth waking up her dear Roselia just to waste her Aromatherapy on the undeserving?[break][break]
"Words seem difficult for you," Elisabeth continued, her words taking on a brisk and almost playful tone. "Let's try this, then. Are you all that the League has sent our way tonight? Blink once for yes. Twice for no."[break][break]
Neither trainer moved. A steely firmness entered Elisabeth's tone. "I'll repeat myself this once. One blink is yes. Two blinks are no. If you offer neither, my Misdreavus will HEX you both. And I assure you, it will be more than unpleasant in your current state of paralysis."[break][break]
The threats came so easily, so effortlessly, it was almost startling. It left her feeling strangely giddy. The part of Elisabeth that she kept from public view--the thorned monster inside that had blossomed in the darkness, desperate for survival at any cost--could be unleashed freely here without shame.[break][break]
"Very well. My dear Misdreavus--"[break][break]
The man reacted first, blinking twice rapidly.[break][break]
"Marvelous. Was that so hard, darling?" Elisabeth patted the man on the head and then coolly turned to Bee, her hands pressed before herself. "Your Starmie will be able to tell if he's lying, hm?"[break][break]
Though that was only the first issue. The second was far more pressing.[break][break]
"The buyer should be here shortly. How should we dispose of these interruptions?"
[break][break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 20:20:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
As the cacophony died down, as the dust and the leaves and the ice settled, Barnaby let out a relieved breath. He had full confidence in his Pokémon to do the work of protecting their merchandise, but was pleasantly surprised by Elisa's resolute direction. She didn't waver even in the face of chaos and danger.

The princess had indeed left the castle, it seemed.

Their two interlopers squirmed where they fell, victim to Evangeline's Thunder Wave. Just as Barnaby was about to go deal with them, however, again surprised him by taking charge of the situation.

The senior ROCKET stood back and observed her interrogation with an impressed smile on his lips. Oh she was bad. Whatever reservations he had about her recruitment before this little mess transpired were rapidly beginning to dissipate.

"Of course." He confirmed, gesturing for his STARMIE to do just that.

Instantly, the man began to groan in pain as Evangeline probed his thoughts. His body arched upwards, but did little else besides. A few moments passed and, once he became still again, Barnaby knew his Pokémon's work was done.

"Was he lying?" Evangeline relayed their findings telepathically to their trainer.

"Hmm. A bluff. Typical." Barnaby's voice had turned lazy and uninterested.

"I suppose we could kill them." His cold, cobalt eyes glanced over to Elisa, curious to see how she'd react to the suggestion. "But that might be too messy. Probably best to wipe their memories and dump them outside of town."

An easy enough endeavor, considering he could simply Teleport the officers away from the safehouse.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 16:20:59 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"]Briefly Elisabeth worried she had overstepped, but the strangely pleased look on Bee's face indicated otherwise. Her actions had been welcome; her cruelty witnessed, and neither condemned nor commented upon. [break][break]
How intoxicating this newfound freedom was.[break][break]
The blonde walked towards the paralyzed trainer with a slight frown on her rosy lips, yanking his hair so he faced her squarely. "The demand for honesty was implicit," Elisabeth sneered. "You like bluffs, do you? Let's see you call mine."[break][break]
A wave of a hand, and Lavender drew forward, eyes wide with a terrifying glee as she stuck out her tongue with a cackle. The HEX struck the bearded fellow in a flash of spectral energy -- not enough to kill, no, but enough to evoke horrific screams from the man's trembling body, the static from his paralysis compounding his already immense pain. [break][break]
Tears stung the victim's eyes as he whimpered for mercy that never came. Elisabeth merely watched him receive his due punishment and said nothing.[break][break]
Why if looks could kill, his female companion's glare would have struck Elisabeth dead on the spot.[break][break]
"Corpses invite too many questions." Elisabeth's words came out flat and hollow as she walked back to Bee, her eyes passing over the two cornered trainers with cool regard. "Things you bury have a way of resurfacing in ugly ways. Memory wiping seems prudent, especially as these two appear utterly useless and unimportant." [break][break]
Belatedly, Elisabeth realized a fleck of blood splatter from the man's wounds had found its way onto her cheek; she calmly wiped it away without a word. "I will let Evangeline do the honours. If you need their wounds healed, only ask, and I will have my Roselia perform Aromatherapy. I recommend we leave some empty beer bottles beside them; let them be punished for their incompetence by their higher-ups, just in a different way."[break][break]
As the adrenaline from the encounter began to ebb and fade, Elisabeth's shoulders relaxed and her jaw unclenched. She debated what to say as their mission began its inevitable conclusion and Bee took the lead once more, the intruders swept away without a word. It was as if nothing had happened in this tiny space; time had reset back to its beginning, the only sound the scuffling of Slowpoke yawning in their pen.[break][break]
"Thank you." The gratitude was spoken so softly it was almost a whisper. It was difficult to say what it was for, precisely, only that it was sincere. "I am not used to... working alongside a partner. I am fortunate my first experience in such a matter was with you."[break][break]
This was a far cry from the dark confidence that had emanated from her mere minutes ago as Elisabeth sneered down upon the captured trainers; once more she appeared a delicate, feminine figure, her hand absently fiddling with her blonde hair.[break][break]
Elisabeth raised an eyebrow as she turned to Bee; the handsome man's smirk had seemed a permanent fixture their entire encounter. Looking at him now, she finally voiced her silent thought aloud: "Why are you looking at me like that?"[break][break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SLUMLORD [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 2:07:55 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Agony and vitriol filled the small, dilapidated space. Normally the sound of panicked pain would incite an emotional response from onlookers, but not Barnaby.

He watched with a muted expression, neither relishing in the officer's suffering nor feeling particularly sorry for the man. This was simply a mundane part of their job as criminals, akin to filming a segment for his talk show, or entering data into a spreadsheet.

As the screams died away, Barnaby looked to Elisa with that perpetual smirk of his.

"You are certainly devious, aren't you, Elisabeth? Are you sure you weren't born for this type of work?"

Admittedly, he was only half-teasing. Noble blood carried with it the suffering of millions, after all.

With a nod to Evangeline, he allowed the STARMIE to do its work. Similar to its earlier mind probing, the Pokémon gathered its psychic energy to its central gem. After a moment or two the power was released - and immediately the officers began to wail. Their voices became hoarse from the screaming, from the crying, from the pitiful wimpering.

But then, all too suddenly, silence fell as they both blacked out simultaneously. Thankfully for them, they wouldn't remember this night.

In this absence of sound the new ROCKET recruit began to speak, her demeanor now changed. The dichotomy that was was fascinating to Barnaby, but also all too familiar.

"No need to thank me. Your actions speak for themselves. You did well tonight - better than I expected, and I have high expectations." He heaped on the praise, always one to positively reenforce where applicable.

Her last question was somewhat unexpected, but taken in stride. "Don't take my expression the wrong way, Elisabeth. I simply can't help but admire strong women."

It wouldn't do to simply admire her face or her overt beauty. She likely knew she was beautiful; countless lords had probably fallen over themselves to proclaim as much. No, he focused on the inner qualities she had displayed tonight: strength of character, fortitude in the face of danger, a cunning mind for strategy. All traits sought after by ROCKET.

But also Barnaby in particular.

With one last smirk and a lingering look, he recalled his Pokémon and released another. The RALTS served to Teleport him and the intruders away, leaving Elisabeth to guard the merchandise alone.

He knew she could handle it.