part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 6:58:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ELISABETH FIORELLI

SPEED DATING #1

FERNANDO’S ATTENDANCE is mandatory. it’s less about love and more about being paraded around as an elusive prize. win a chance to impress hoenn’s most eligible bachelor*. play your cards right and you just might snag his cold, forlorn heart. all advertisement to hype up an event but very little of it proves true.

the love of his life is long gone. she remains forgotten, intentionally omitted from his private life well before he stood in the spotlight. to think he could love anyone as much as he adored her is foolish.

it is in her absence that the jaded chamber of his heart pulls away from the fulfillment another person can bring. instead, he turns that love into passion, one that chases after the ambition of changing the world.

true love lies buried in a cemetery in sootopolis. those that follow can never live up to her legacy. they may be able to get him to croak out the three forbidden words but it never lives up to the magic of the first.

good evening.

he sits at the table, back rigid, forming perfect right angles between his back and his hips, along with the way his legs fold at the knees. his hair is well kept, neatly combed, permanented into place by a make-up artists perfect blend of pomade and hair spray. while his facial structure, cheek bones and all, make him seems like the type not to smile, a faint one peeks out.

name’s silph. .

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 10:51:51 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tclyr"] ❝ even in the ruins
[attr="class","tclyrb"] ❝ even in the ruins

[attr="class","tcsub"] FLOWERS BLOOM AND FLOURISH

[attr="class","tcword"] SPEED DATING #1

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] Morbid curiosity and pragmatism both lent themselves to Elisabeth's participation in this little networking event. Her own late husband, Lord Boritforte, was hardly cold in the grave, and Elisabeth wasn't exactly keen on losing her newfound freedom too easily. [break][break]
Elisabeth was no longer the fresh-faced ingenue she had been at eighteen, but was now a rather cynical widow of twenty-nine; men could be monsters, and tying herself to one had proven disastrous in the past. [break][break]
Fortunately enough, her first partner seemed as disinterested in the romance of the proceedings as herself: Fernando Silph. Elisabeth had already played the game of romancing the mysterious, aloof, and distant bachelor; she bitterly regretted how that marriage had gone, and had no interest in attempting another like it.[break][break]
"Elisabeth Fiorelli," Elisabeth said with a polite smile. "Your reputation precedes you, sir. I doubt there is a single soul in all of Hoenn who does not know the name Fernando Silph."[break][break]
Years of life in the Kalosian nobility had trained Elisabeth in the art of manners and presentation. The noblewoman's blonde hair was immaculately coifed, her posture elegant, and her hands folded neatly in her lap as she held Fernando's gaze across the table. Her wedding band, a golden rosette on her left hand, winked faintly in the light--its thorned band a gentle warning not to get too close.[break][break]
"I take it that business brings you here, not pleasure?"
[break]

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 18:23:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ELISABETH FIORELLI

SPEED DATING #1

“A PLEASURE THEN, MISS FIORELLI.”

his smile widens at her compliment only to fade immediately after. the way his face defaults back to its previous expression is polished, as if every twitch or movement is intentional, to set a specific emotion or tell.

you’d be surprised.

they extend beyond a handful at this point. make no mistake, fernando silph is a household name. leader of one of the largest corporations, holder of hoenn’s high office, the list goes on. but, in this great world of pokemon, there are both immigrants from galar and those that literally live under a rusturf rock.

both, i suppose,” he reveals with an inward chuckle. “obligations force me to be here but who’s to say i won’t find my match?

he says so both confident and jokingly. how it’s perceived is in the eyes of the beholder. however, his own take the chance to admire her features, appreciating her eyes, the timing that goes into her appearance, and finally the twinkle of light reflecting off her ring.

his gaze still holds against its sheen when he bounces the question back at her. “and you, miss fiorelli? all business, tonight?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 19:31:22 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tcword"] speed dating #1

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"]"The pleasure is mutual, I assure you."[break][break]
This banter wasn't as painful as Elisabeth recalled it being in her debutante years. Age and lack of expectation were both freeing in that way.[break][break]
"Perhaps it would surprise me," Elisabeth said with a slight laugh. "Much about Hoenn has. It has been scarcely a month since I opened my little flower shop in Petalburg. I've enjoyed it thoroughly." [break][break]
A pale hand reached up to touch her golden tresses, finding light purchase on the roses wound into her hairpin. "These, for example, bloomed just this morning. Appropriate for the occasion, no?"[break][break]
At Fernando's reasons including 'both,' Elisabeth's eyebrows raised slightly. This time it was her turn to appraise him: he was handsomely presented, though she doubted such styling was all his own doing. A man like Fernando Silph was too busy to pay attention to the whims of fashion. People like him paid other people for that.[break][break]
It was then that she caught Fernando's eyes flicker towards her wedding ring, and his lingering emphasis on "Miss."[break][break]
Elisabeth lifted her left hand in admission, her right hand turning the ring slowly between her finger and forefinger. "Primarily business," she conceded. "Yet far be it from me to deny myself the possibility of something more." [break][break]
The noblewoman removed the thorned ring, placing it in her palm. "This was my mother's wedding ring," Elisabeth said by way of explanation. "It is a Fiorelli heirloom. When she passed, I inherited it. It is not the ring I wore for my late husband, but... it is a reminder of what once was, nonetheless."[break][break]
She pocketed the trinket into her purse with a faintly apologetic smile. "A misleading piece of jewellery for an event such as this one, I'll grant you."[break][break]

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 19:53:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ELISABETH FIORELLI

SPEED DATING #1

“AH.”

a flower shop? interesting. verdanturf and petalburg are opportune cities for such an endeavor. but that doesn’t explain why hoenn as a region. he’s learned not to voice such questions despite curiosity gnawing at his lack of an answer; he’s learned everyone has their reasons.

indeed. they absolutely beautiful.

one hand leaves the table and drops to his side. it tinkers with a small pokeball on his side, holstering it but still out of view. like the ring, the it slips between his fingers, rubbed in circles as he plays with another talking point.

ah,” he claims, face admonished with insight. it’s a firm inference given the context but, like with all things, there is an ample explanation that defies expectations. that’s why some questions are best left unsaid.

my condolences,” he adds in at the mention of her late husband. it feels awkward at first, especially given the context of their meeting, but he’s learned to bulldoze past that. after all, who’s to say he’ll ever have to follow up. while pleasant, she, like everyone else, is a fleeting meeting.

i would be quite surprised if anyone else here picked up on it.” his smile glimmers at the thought of elysia. unfortunately, he has no such remembrance of her. just memories and ill-tempered resolutions.

there’s no shame in embracing what you hold dear. i don’t have such a heirloom but i understand the sentiments. i still keep sentimental objects from those i’ve lost as well.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 21:32:38 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tcword"] speed date #1

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] "Not at all. I apologize for bringing heavy topics to such a lighthearted event."[break][break]
Elisabeth's voice was both gently reassuring and inherently sincere. She had her fill of years to grieve her parents, and more importantly, had not an ounce of grief to spare for her late husband.[break][break]
Her love for Bortiforte had long withered and died on its stem.[break][break]
There was, however, a distance to Fernando's apology and to his sentiment; Elisabeth did not miss his brief smile, fleeting as it was, and how its light did not seem to shine for her.[break][break]
"You are kind to say so," she answered, her hands returning to her lap. "I am a sentimental person by nature. I suppose it comes with floristry: one pays extra attention to life's comings and goings, and all the flowers that bloom for weddings and funerals alike." [break][break]
Her clear blue eyes met his, the faintest smile on her lips. "Regardless, I think I shall keep the ring pocketed for now, lest it confuse the more observant among us."[break][break]
Politely offering a change of topic, she continued, "Are you used to being one of the more insightful individuals at a gathering? I can imagine that is a tiring weight to carry."[break][break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 22:49:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ELISABETH FIORELLI

SPEED DATING #1

“NO, NO,” he dismisses with a wave of his other hand. “i specialize in heavy.

fernando nods along with her confession, as if in agreeance. truthfully, the same cannot be said about him. his sentiments are etched in the recesses of time. those he’s dwelled on only become appreciated post expiration.

there’s too much to be swept up in, here in the present. life waits for no one and so he too never gets the chance to reflect. those moment exists in rare pockets, an exception to the rule.

when she transitions—clean and smooth, a welcome surprise in an event such as this—he look around him, at the other tables.

most trainers seem to treat the world like their cloyster, all too caught up in their own lives with their story at the helm.

the pokeball he’s been playing with comes undone as their timer gets ever closer to an end. a mild flash of red reveals a small shaymin that quickly nestles into his lap.

you get used to it. or, perhaps, that’s why i make such a good match for hoenn’s council.

his smile falters as he runs his finger against the pokemon’s thatched fur. carefully, he undoes the GRACIDEA FLOWER woven onto its scarf.

it looks like our time is coming to an end.

he presents her the flower.

this pokemon is called shaymin. it’s an elusive species that we know very little about but the flower it grows is rare and lasts well beyond any other of its kind.” at least from his own observation. granted, he know very little about floristry.

i hope you enjoy the rest of your evening, miss fiorelli.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 0:06:41 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tcword"] speed dating #1

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] "Goodness, that isn't a specialty I'd wish on anyone," Elisabeth said with soft, feminine laughter. At Fernando's comment, however -- "most trainers seem to treat the world like their cloyster" -- her smile faded somewhat.[break][break]

"Living in a cloyster is terribly dull," she said as her own words became flat. "We do not realize, sometimes, how our lives wilt when deprived of the sunlight of others' company." Following Fernando's gaze, she looked upon the other tables of chattering attendees. "I think it is one reason events like this draw so many, hm?" Her voice brightened a little at the notion. "Despite our inherent differences."[break][break]

Elisabeth, too, had noted the incessant ticking of the timer. Despite herself, she was disappointed to realize their little meeting was at its end.[break][break]

"Already campaigning for reelection?" she teased at his mention of councilman, but all jest evaporated as he brought forth the GRACIDEA FLOWER.[break][break]

Rarely did Elisabeth find herself at a loss for words, and even more rarely was it for such a reason as this one. The breathtaking beauty of the blossom offered from, essentially, a perfect stranger rendered her briefly mute with shock at the gesture, and awe at the flower presented. Were she younger, such a gift would have inspired blushing and stammering. [break][break]

Instead, Elisabeth's gratitude reflected itself in a radiant smile, her blue eyes shining with sincerity as she finally found the words she wished to say: "Thank you. I will treasure it as such a flower deserves."[break][break]

Hesitating, she then took the flower and gently pinned it into her loose bun, where it put all the roses to shame with its luminous petals. She, too, arose and curtseyed deeply: an ingrained Kalosian habit.[break][break]

"I enjoyed your company, Fernando Silph. May the rest of your evening be pleasant in all respects."
[break][break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
SILPH X FIORELLI
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 5:56:49 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS