Toshiaki Macallan
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 8:05:04 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TTsiege"]
[attr="class","TTtop"]

[attr="class","TTmain"]

He’s been to similar events like this in the past, though this time around it seems a little more casual, less cut-throat than he was used to. Still, his nerves couldn’t help but alight at all the different faces and people of different status. Soon all those unhappy memories begin to resurface, and Toshiaki almost wants to hightail it out of there.[break][break]
Togetic senses this and nuzzles his trainer’s cheek with little kisses. He giggles, relaxing into the touch right up until a stranger takes a seat in the empty chair across from them. Oh![break][break]
“Yo! Nice to meet cha’, I’m Toshiaki!” He grins, while Togetic frantically frets over Toshiaki’s crooked bowtie, which the Pokemon so graciously fixes for him. What a duo![break][break]
Addmitingly, Toshiaki hadn’t prepared a list of questions, so he asks the first thing that comes to mind.[break][break]
“So! Do you do anything fun? Like for work, or maybe a hobby that you really like?”[break][break]
| speed date!

[attr="class","TTbottom"]

[attr="class","TTname"]Toshiaki

[attr="class","TTsubtxt"]i can't go on much longer
not knowing what i'm worth

[attr="class","TTpkmn"]

[attr="class","TTcredit"]
milky

[newclass=.TTsiege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege] --accent:#D5A53D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTtop] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTmain] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTmain b] color: #FABE52; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTavatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTname b] color:#FABE52; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:1px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -2px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTname] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTsubtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTpkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTpkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTpkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTcredit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 3:50:22 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
This was probably a bad idea.

Locke wasn’t exactly in a good place for romance, what with the homelessness and impending apocalypse and all. His mother had bullied him into signing up for this ages ago though, and he needed to at least keep up the appearance of functioning alright on his own for her sake.

But the athletic-looking man at the table was definitely going to make that difficult.

”It’s nice to meet you too. I’m Locke, and this is Koro-Koro.” They extended their hand out to Toshiaki, while their Woobat flitted up to the other Pokémon and greeted it with a wide grin.

The other man didn’t waste any time at least, and Locke was thankful for the easy icebreaker. ”It’s not very interesting, but I run a small delivery service in the region. I don’t have a lot of time for hobbies these days cause of it, but I like to go fishing every now and again,” they answered nervously, painfully aware of how boring it made them sound and eager to pass the ball back to their partner.

”Do you have a favorite Pokémon?”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
my howling heart is yours
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
don't dry with fakes or fears, 'cause you will hate yourself in the end
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 8:22:51 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TTsiege"]
[attr="class","TTtop"]

[attr="class","TTmain"]

“Nice to meet ya, Locke, Koro-Koro. This is Togetic! But He doesn’t have a nickname yet.” He happily returns the handshake, flashing a kind smile over to their Pokemon Partner as well. He had a clear soft spot for Pokemon and wasn’t afraid to let it show.[break][break]
“Delivery business, huh?” He leans into the palm of his hand as the other talks, not feigning interest, but genuinely intrigued by this information. They looked around to be the same age, so owning a business at all was an impressive feat. to him. One that might help him out in the future. Toshiaki flashes a toothy grin. “Say, do you do out of region deliveries? If so, you got yourself a customer already!”[break][break]
“Oh! I like Bug and Fossil Pokemon! But, I have a soft spot for the canine ones too.” A fond, but melancholic smile settles on his features for the briefest of moments. Luckily, Toshiaki’s quick to change the pace of the conversation.[break][break]
Thankfully for Locke, nothing bored Toshiaki that easily. “So, fishing! I always wanted to try it. Ever reel in a Gyradoes or anything fun like that?”[break][break]
| SPEED DATE.

[attr="class","TTpkmn"]

milky

[newclass=.TTsiege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTtop] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTmain] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTavatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTname b] color:#FABE52; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:1px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -2px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTname] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTsubtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTpkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTpkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTbottom .TTpkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.TTsiege .TTcredit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 0:43:00 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Locke’s smile faltered for a split second, before he smoothed his expression back into something casual. ”Ah, no, unfortunately not,” he said without further elaboration. Too much of a downer, that one.

Toshiaki was quick to change the subject at least. ”Once, but I traded it away the first chance I got,” they admitted sheepishly. ”I’m not a very experienced trainer, so naturally aggressive Pokémon like that are a real hassle for me.”

Locke floundered a bit for a follow-up question to keep the conversation going, until they finally landed back on the out of region comment. ”So I take it you’re not a native, either?”

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 3:37:38 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TTsiege"]
[attr="class","TTtop"]

[attr="class","TTmain"]

“Oh, you don’t? No worries then. I’ll still use the service.” He flashes Locke a carefree smile. Problems simply slide off his mind like a Ducklett’s back. He then nods sagely.[break][break]
“Yeah. I’m not very experienced either, but I'm trying to get better! I wanna tackle the entire league here as a way to prove myself.”
The groove between them seemed to be getting better! Too bad it was almost other. Better make the remaining minutes count. Regardless, Toshiaki smiles with the time they have left together.[break][break]
“Nah. I’m originally from Johto. Then I went to Galar with my mum for a time, before eventually going back to participate in the Pokeathlon.”
Togetic trills happily and flaps it’s tiny wings, and he can’t help but laugh. “He thinks I'm a pro, but I’ve only won a few beginner divisions.” [break][break]
A pause, time to think of another question. Though, this one’s rather bold and straight forward, rather a request.[break][break]
“Say, whenever you get that free time, let’s go fishing together! Hoenn’s the perfect region for it.”[break][break]
In that moment, Toshiaki forgets that might sound like a date request instead of just wanting to casually hang.[break][break]
| speed date.

[attr="class","TTpkmn"]

milky

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 2:50:08 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
”The whole league, huh? That’s gonna be a lot of work. The gym leaders here are used to some pretty crazy stuff, so they’re a bit tougher than most.” and quickly came to mind. Locke thought of them as good friends, but thinking of their positions within the league reminded him of the vast difference in their skill levels.

They took a moment to really take in the other man’s build again. He seemed well-toned, if a bit on the thinner side, though their experiences with told them one could hide a lot of muscle underneath a pretty face.

”Pokéathlon…Pro or not, though, that’s...”

Don’t say hot don’t say hot don’t say hot.

”Neat.”

Dammit.

Locke clung to the change of subject like a life line. ”Yeah! The water routes between Pacifidlog and Ever Grande have a lot of great spots if you can get to them. I could even give you a ride!”

close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 11:12:29 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TTsiege"]
[attr="class","TTtop"]

[attr="class","TTmain"]

“If track and field’s taught me, with a little perseverance and the right attitude in mind — nothing’s impossible!” Toshiaki laughs and pumps his fist toward the air, enthused and practically oozing with optimism.[break][break]
All too soon the timer buzzes, indicating the end of their “speed date” or whatever they wanted to label it. Even then, Toshiaki didn’t seem outwardly bummed or anything (only on the inside, just a little bit.)[break][break]
“Really? Yeah! That sounds like lots of fun! You got yourself a deal. Oh, just a second.” And on that note, he pulls out his smart phone from his bag.[break][break]
He flashes the screen to the other, giving Locke all the time needed to write down the information provided. “Here’s my number! Let’s go fishin’ sometime, kay?”[break][break]
The Togetic by his side trills aloud and dances midair, feeling nothing but happiness for his trainer’s first successful speed date![break][break]
He laughs, standing from the table and waving goodbye to move onto the next person. This was lots of fun! “You have a good one, Locke! See ya!”[break][break]
And yes, when he stood up, he was stupidly tall and hot.
| SPEED DATE.

[attr="class","TTpkmn"]

milky

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 1:44:34 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
The alarm cut through the conversation as they started to ask more about the other man’s track and field days. Their partner didn’t seem to mind, however, which might’ve discouraged Locke any other day.

Except Toshiaki was holding out his phone with his number freely displayed in front of them, promising what very much sounded like a future date.

Koro-Koro gaped with delight somewhere above their head.

Locke fumbled to retrieve his own phone, just this once a little grateful he no longer had his outdated Pokénav to embarrass him. He punched in the digits with a little more force than necessary, making the Rotom inside buzz with irritation until he was finished.

”S-See ya,” he echoed as Toshiaki departed for the next table, somehow feeling like he’d just run a marathon himself despite having done nothing but sit for the past...god, five minutes?!

…Yeah, this was definitely a bad idea.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
What a duo (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 4:16:18 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS