Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 7:24:04 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian manages to find his table in a timely manner, sitting down across from a seeming delight of a platinum blonde, hoping not to have kept them waiting overly long. Seating himself comfortably, he reaches for a glass of champagne from a tray passing by, taking a sip before surrendering his attention to them almost completely.

"Hey. I'm Adrian." Perhaps it's not telling enough of who he really is, but it's a gentle introduction that begs the same in reverse: Who is it he finds himself sitting across from?

And what was their business here?
Perhaps their chance encounter may provide some benefit to them. Or it would be a brief verbal exchange, and nothing more; he would just have to cross that bridge to find out.
ROUND 2
close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
we fall in space, we can't look down, death may come, peace i have found.
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 9:25:49 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
"ana stone. it's a pleasure."

similarly, she reaches for a glass of champagne as well, bringing it to her lips for a quick sip before placing it down on the table. her gaze falls upon her assigned date for the round.

"so, adrian, what are you looking for tonight?"
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 9:37:23 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Ana Stone... Like, the Stone family...?" He might've wanted to offer his condolences should she give him any assurance, but he supposed the time had passed. Still, he couldn't help the sympathetic grimace that crossed his features. "I'm sorry—you must get that a lot."

He takes a moment to dial himself in, considering her question seriously, playing with the answer like a ball of clay in his hand; rolling the words over his tongue before releasing them unadulterated.

"Nothing specific. I've been meaning to get back into a musical career, although I keep an ear out for any lucrative ventures that happen to cross my path." Business first and foremost, to be concise.

"And what of you? Got an eye out for something...?"
ROUND 2
close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 9:50:01 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
"that's the one."

though adrian may offer his condolences, the shake of her head along with her smile indicate that it isn't required. what's done is done, but the sentiment is still appreciated.

"people of interest, i suppose. i'm looking to invest. quite similar to what you're here for."

another sip is taken before she leans forward.

"what's stopping you from going back into music?"
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 10:00:09 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

Adrian gave an affirmative nod; it was too bad they couldn't help each other directly, though. They would just have to while away the minutes sipping champagne and trading sentiments, he supposed.

"I don't like contracts... But doing it all alone is much more daunting." He begins twirling a Klefki around his finger after rolling it around in his palms for a few moments, an obvious nervous tic.

"On one hand, I won't have to deal with any of the legal and licensing jargon," he flourished a hand loftily, indicating even the notion seemed insurmountable to him. "But on the other... I really don't like people telling me what I need to do." Was that so strange, really?

That was just a character defect showing, though he felt it was relatable. How didn't everyone feel this way? For a moment he considered how it might sound to someone outside his internal debacle.

"I suppose it sounds like a no brainer," he admitted with a defeated tone. Sign onto a record label. But he just couldn't help but feel it already crushing, grinding away at his passion... Or perhaps it was merely a matter of ego.
ROUND 2
close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 8:30:55 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
if this round is to be no more than them trading sentiments, then so be it, but ana has a feeling it won't end that way.

"i don't like people telling me what to do either, so i understand."

she smiles.

"you should send me some samples, adrian, and i'll see what i can do. we've worked with record labels before and while they'll still require a contract, i'm sure the terms of it can be quite flexible."
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 8:38:45 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"...Sure! I appreciate the gesture."

Though he wouldn't know it yet, Ana had helped ingrain her own network into Sinnoh's network broadcasts, threatening even Jublife TV's natural monopoly over the region's airwaves (his mom could tell him all about it.) With any luck, maybe they could work something out.

And if not, then at least it had been a pleasant chat.

Klefki tugged at the cuff of his sleeve as he reached for another drink, and before he realized, people were shuffling around the tables as their time swiftly came to a close. "I hope you find what you're looking for today," he offered in parting before looking for the next table.
ROUND 2
close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 8:52:36 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
"of course."

they'll work something out — it all depends on adrian, his music, and his goals. all she can do is support him.

as people start shuffling around, ana nods, smiles, and takes her departure as well.

"i'll see you around, adrian."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
WHAT BRINGS YOU (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 2:42:10 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS