Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 14:57:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Every once in awhile he bumps into the Champion, Kyle Lopez, at one of Hoenn's little festivals or parties. He hasn't seen him since the Hoenn Star Tournament, or at least that's the last instance he can recall. While he runs his fingers over the polished surface of the Klefki dangling around his wrist, Adrian takes a long draft of his refreshment before broaching the conversation.

"I suppose you've had your hands full as of late..."

He disinterests even himself, but it's not to go unsaid that Kyle has been actively working to resolve some of the ongoing crises Hoenn faces, as its Champion. Some of them even nudged along by Rocket's exploits, no doubt.

"How's Noah been holding up?" They didn't keep in touch much either. The last they spoke was over text during the Vital Spirit Festival, where everything went sideways.

So he figured he might as well catch up.
ROUND 5
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 18:46:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for my job," he sighs.

people offering their trade as the next big league event's sponsors was always the case for these speed dates, besides that one break he had with a round with . talking to people was enough work as it is, more so when it's actually his job.

at least the conversation goes to . he doesn't mind talking about him since he's found himself overdescribing things when it's about him, just like instances of him describing his dogs.

"he's fine. he's taking gym challenges as normal, though maybe he's taking too much. i keep trying to get him to take it easy, but he's too eager on his gym. i suppose it's because he's finally having fun with it."

kyle can easily get noah to play hookie from his gym responsibilities if he ever wants though, even without abuse of power.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 3:42:49 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian faintly snorts, wondering how Kyle can be so easily manipulated into these situations if he truly doesn't want to be there. What were they going to do if he didn't show up, even if he was contractually obliged? Remove his title? Take away any compensations? Good luck getting him to do anything in a crises, if you were going to treat him like a dog on a leash. Or maybe Kyle liked it that way...?

"That's good. It keeps him busy, I'd imagine." Adrian could only imagine how Noah handled losing Cobra. Perhaps throwing himself into his work was just a means to cope. Or maybe, although he refused to consider it, Noah just simply wasn't as bothered by it. "Well, as for me..."

Not that Kyle had exactly asked.

"Been thinkin' about making music again, doing live performances; the whole nine yards."
ROUND 5
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 7:37:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's great."

he's heard of his songs once in a while, since they were still on noah's playlist. some of them have eventually made their way to kyle's, especially since his gets influenced by noah's more often than not.

"do you already have a producer? can help you with that if you still haven't."

he does have a lot of knowledge about the industry despite not being in it, thanks to a friend that had been in it for a long while. may 's soul rest in peace.

silently, he wishes adrian already has plans for his performances. talking to big people wasn't really nice.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 11:42:48 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"No, I haven't. Hoped to run into someone today about it, actually." Adrian would welcome some direction if nothing else. Even if Kyle's lead turned out to be a bust, it would still be the most meaningful interaction he'd had all day.

"What's their name? So I can look them up sometime."

He liked to do some personal vetting before meeting with anyone on personal business. Adrian had very specific outlines for how he wanted to operate, so it'd save everyone some time if he checked into it privately first.
ROUND 5
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 18:34:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he swallows when it gets followed up on, and then wracks up his brain for names he can throw in safely.

there was less than substantial amount of contact with the company names he's about to mention, but his name and connections was all that was needed to make things work if need be.

"silph co. isn't as big on the music industry as they are on others, but they sign in artists under their name. oh, i have some pull on mauville records too."

two big names were dropped immediately, which was more than enough to get one started with his commendation.

"if you want a fancy, surprise show though, i suppose i can work things out and slot you in on a league hosted event some time in the future. remember the show had during hst? something like that."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 5:01:00 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I appreciate it." Never look a gift horse in the mouth, Adrian tells himself while writing down some of the record studios Kyle deigns to mention. Silph Co. is immediately dismissed since he has a stigma against big corporations.

"If I can help it, I won't involve you," he lets Kyle know for better or worse. Rather than needing someone to smooth over connections for him, he's trying to bring talent to someone malleable enough to let him operate on his terms. While he's punching in a few keys on his phone, Adrian hears the jostling of tables and grating of chairs being pushed in. "Guess I'd better get a move on."

Rising from his seat and pocketing his phone, Adrian dips his head before saying his goodbyes. "Have a good one, Kyle. And learn to say no if you're so fussed doing these sorts of things," he encouraged with a huff of laughter before making his exit.
ROUND 5
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 5:37:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's a no for me," he answers with a cheeky smile.

the response was a little tongue-in-cheek, but was said mostly for humor. he's already had the talk before, and he's not sure why he suddenly finds difficulty in saying no when he previously had none.

as time runs out, kyle gets off of his seat and finds the next partner for this event.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A CHAMPION TIME (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 6:33:17 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS