TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 19:33:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

SPEED DATING #5

“HM.”

an audible thought bubble bursts when—who he presumes to be his partner—starts to approach their table. that makes the second male after . not that fernando particularly minds—there is no love to be found here—but he was sure he registered under women.

perhaps the ratio was skewered compared to last year.

good evening.

the timer starts and their session starts to tick away with each silent beat of the counter’s clock hand.

fernando remains forthcoming, chest raised, back straight, prim and proper just like every other public appearance. there is an image to maintain, one stalwart and concise. he is hoenn’s pillar of hope. the responsible and reliable among hoenn’s council.

name’s silph. .

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 2:47:01 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It was difficult for Barnaby to tear himself away from his phone, considering all the naughty things was texting him. But as the buzzer sounded overhead, and he realized who his next partner would be, it was suddenly all too easy to put thoughts of POG Bank's CEO on the backburner.

A new corporate connection was at play.

Thus far, Barnaby's dates had been pleasant but underwhelming (excluding Mars, of course). A mechanic, a policeman, a laboratory aide. All wonderful men, but not exactly the business contacts Barnaby was seeking out. It seemed his luck had changed this round, though.

"Councilman Silph." A hand was extended in greeting, accompanied by his usual shining smile.

"Barnaby Finch, HNN journalist."

Depending upon his media intake, Fernando may or may not already be peripherally aware of who was. He hosted a morning talk show, routinely contributed to articles published by HNN, and had a strong social media presence on multiple platforms.

"I was hoping I'd run into you here."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 9:06:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

SPEED DATING #5

“A PLEASURE.”

hands are shook, introductions exchanged. while fernando has no qualms with reporters, as long as they know their boundaries, HNN has always been a mixed bag.

he recognizes the man by face but not much more. thanks to his talk show, fernando’s had repeated exposure. while the same could be said for his name, it eludes him due to his tendency to gloss over those who write articles that don’t impress him. in this case, it’s not particularly barnaby’s fault; it’s mostly a case of subject matter.

oh? here for your free interview? if so, make the most of your time, mister finch.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 23:46:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Not quite."

An interview? What could he possibly ask Fernando in the next five minutes that would be of substance and quality? Nothing.

"I have a proposal for you." Barnaby countered, his bright smile waning into a casual grin.

" , an employee of yours, was very complimentary of your company when I ran into her the other day. It got me thinking."

The ticking of the clock had no bearing on their interaction. His voice was languid, but confident. Succinct in all the right ways. He didn't rush.

"Given these trying times, Hoenn is looking to its best and brightest for guidance. The public yearns for reassurance. They want to see their leaders on the forefront of what's to come."

Something that was surely obvious to Hoenn's pillar of hope.

"Join me on my show. Let them see your face, hear your voice. I can paint you in a light that would benefit the both of us."

From his coat Barnaby relinquished one of his business cards, sliding it across the table until it lay squarely between them.

A simple offer, free to take or disregard at will.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 1:11:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

SPEED DATING #5

ALL THE PRAISE in the world means nothing to someone enamored with actions and their consequences. it is substance and purpose that drive him. such flattery is no more than a courtesy—civil handshakes exchanged between compliments and practiced smiles.

indeed,” he accepts with a less than stellar reaction.

barnaby’s business card dangles between his fingers. his eyes flicker between the text printed on the bleached paper and the man behind it.

silph co. will need to be able to record in studio as well. it won’t be too intrusive. consider it a co-cast.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 1:53:56 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Though intangible, a positive public perception for someone of 's standing was paramount. He was at the helm of many ventures under public scrutiny. Councilman, Gym Leader, CEO. It didn't matter if the praise was genuine or not.

What mattered was that the sheep bleated in his favor.

That was Barnaby's logic, anyway, but his proposal didn't seem to be well-received. Fernando had assented, albeit unenthusiastically.

A yes was a yes, though, whatever the reception.

"Of course. Any accommodations you require can be worked out."

A deal, then.

Fernando would deign HNN with his presence, and in return Barnaby would have a handsome councilman on his show - a surefire way to increase viewership.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 5:19:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

SPEED DATING #5

“THEN, YOU HAVE YOURSELF A DEAL.”

an agreeance to negotiate, if not outright submit, is enough to coax fernando out of his routine. while interviews and publicity are the last of his concerns—a concept he finds irrelevant with his tenure—he attributes this more of a social obligation.

for the people.

however, if you are looking for an optimist, i’m afraid i may be one of your less popular guest, mister finch.” the business card is tucked into his shirt pocket, ruffled until it fits neatly against the linen.

i don’t need anyone to paint me in any light. it is your audience that needs a call to action. hoenn cannot sustain itself on the shoulders of a few.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 18:50:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Magnifique! My viewers will be delighted."

Barnaby's excitement was short-lived, however, as Fernando extrapolated on his ideals. The journalist's eyes narrowed the slightest bit as he spoke; an almost imperceivable difference that was a telltale sign of his annoyance.

"Fair point." He relented, nodding along.

"We can spin it however you want. Optimism need not be required." On his part, anyway. Barnaby was already envisioning a modified 'good cop, bad cop' scenario in his head.

"There are dark times ahead. Hoenn needs a united front. Who better to inspire the masses than ?"

Or something like that. Unfortunately, their time for conversation was over. Only seconds remained on the clock overhead.

"We can discuss specifics at a later date." A statement spoken with finality, as Barnaby rose from his seat and graced the man across from him with one last sunny smile.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you today, Councilman. Au revoir."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
SILPH X FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 7:25:33 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS