Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
A Gentleman Caller [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 11:37:01 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tclyr"] ❝ even in the ruins
[attr="class","tclyrb"] ❝ even in the ruins

[attr="class","tcsub"] FLOWERS BLOOM AND FLOURISH

[attr="class","tcword"] Phone Call

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] In the aftermath of the little speed dating event, Elisabeth had returned home to find a most unexpected gift from a most unexpected person. [break][break]

A sleek black credit card glittered up at her with gold lettering, the order conducted in her absence by her bright and sunny Bellossom, Daffodil. Beside it, an elegant card outlined its sender: . [break][break]

All this would be astonishing enough, were it not for the mobile number left beneath his name.[break][break]

Surely the CEO of Silph Co. hadn't intended to receive a call from her? This had to be a business number. Calling it would only result in a secretary informing Elisabeth that Fernando was a busy man but he would be pleased to order flowers sometime soon.[break][break]

So why was she turning the card over in her hands, lips pursed as she considered dialing his number days later? Maddening. The man hadn't even indicated he wanted to be called, Elisabeth mused. Yet then why give the number at all?[break][break]

Curiosity was so often the start of a woman's downfall. Even so, Elisabeth couldn't resist opening this mysterious door to see what might lurk behind it. It couldn't be worse than doors she had opened in the past, at least.[break][break]

The dial tone rang once, then twice, before the line connected. When she spoke, it felt strange hearing her own voice aloud, despite how calm and even her tone was.

"Good evening. This is Elisabeth Fiorelli."

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 12:06:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

A GENTLEMAN CALLER

WITH A PRIVATE HOTLINE

“GOOD EVENING.”

the constant clicking of keys resonates in the background. they keep pace despite his talking. the audio quality is immaculate, undoubtedly from a top of the line flagship phone.

i take it you received your gift, miss fiorelli.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 12:17:12 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tcword"] phone call

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] The sound of 's voice on the other end surprised Elisabeth, despite herself. No secretary, then--a direct line to the CEO himself. How much could such swift access to such a powerful man be worth in Hoenn? A good deal, Elisabeth suspected.[break][break]

Her own mobile phone was hardly as state-of-the-art, though it was a respectable model for what it was. Elisabeth had not fussed herself too much in the selection, given her own inept skill regarding technology. The newest model of a reliable brand served her well enough, and she was hardly doing much more than answering calls for flower arrangements.[break][break]

The present moment excluded, of course.[break][break]

"You are an excessively generous man, indeed. And yet my mother taught me it was poor manners to refuse a gift unless you wish to insult the sender. [break][break]

Of everyone I have met in Hoenn, Mr. Silph, I must say you seem the least wise person to slight in such a manner, so I will graciously accept."

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 12:23:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

A GENTLEMAN CALLER

WITH A PRIVATE HOTLINE

THERE IS A MOMENTARY PAUSE, even after she finishes speaking before he responds.

you think too much of it. i appreciate your gracious help. it’s the least i could do.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 12:26:40 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] A wry smile tugged at Elisabeth's lips. There could be truth to that, certainly.[break][break]

"Are you in the habit of giving your direct number to all your vendors, then?"

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 12:31:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

A GENTLEMAN CALLER

WITH A PRIVATE HOTLINE

A CHUCKLE answers her question. such wit earns small brownie points in his impression of her. makes it easier to digest that he’d done it in the first place.

i suppose you’re right. but not many of my vendors have the chance to snoop through personal cards.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 12:39:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] It was pleasant to hear such a serious man relax, albeit ever so slightly.

"You are not the first to share personal details with a florist, Mr. Silph, and you will not be the last. Fortunately for my clients, I value discretion. [break][break]
Besides, snooping is rather uncouth, hm?"

Although he was not wrong. Elisabeth now had an alarmingly wide breadth of knowledge regarding the comings and goings of many citizens of Hoenn--whom they loved, whom they despised, whom they trusted as a friend. It was not information she wielded to her advantage at the present moment, but given the right opportunity... some of it could be potent enough, certainly.[break][break]

Though most of it was admittedly nothing more useful than common gossip.

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 12:51:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

A GENTLEMAN CALLER

WITH A PRIVATE HOTLINE

“INDEED.”

the typing comes to a stop.

that’s quite reassuring to hear, miss fiorelli. i trust this number is in good hands?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 14:55:50 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] She examined her finely manicured fingers, their delicacy at odds with the cuts from all the rose thorns she'd shorn this month.[break][break]
"Rest assured, Mr. Silph. I have no desire to give your number to all and sundry."

[break][break]
A pause, then a pursing of the lips.[break][break]
"I, too, share a desire for privacy in my personal life."

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 21:10:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

A GENTLEMAN CALLER

WITH A PRIVATE HOTLINE

“GLAD TO HEAR.”

there is a quiet sound. something minute. as if a pursing or the lips or perhaps a click of the tongue.

is that why you spent the night trying to get to know strangers in a couple of minutes?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 21:59:11 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"]
"Hm."
[break][break]

Elisabeth leaned back against the wall and exhaled, her eyes gazing out at the starry night sky, the phone cradled against her cheek. [break][break]

The Petalburg Woods were visible from here, a faint haze of sparkling light indicative of Ledyba and Ledian in their mating dance. Sights like that had been denied to her behind a locked door for years, and yet since her arrival in Hoenn, she had begun to build those memories one by one for herself with her own two hands.[break][break]

"A private inner life doesn't mean being devoid of an outer life. It is a shame, however, that the fastest way to form connections with other people is in a place where we emphasize our loneliness."

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 11:12:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

A GENTLEMAN CALLER

WITH A PRIVATE HOTLINE

HER COMMENT earns her an earnest, sharp laugh.

indeed. you make the most of it when you can. granted, it’s a hard lifestyle for others to adjust to.” another laugh, this time softer, more subtle. “most chalk it up to being married to my work.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 11:58:51 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"]Her lips curved into a thin, amused smile, her voice teasing.

"A rival florist in my city, hm? Well that won't do. Would be a terrible shame if they found kudzu seeds in their garden."

Elisabeth laughed softly, a hand burying itself in her hair to twist a golden ringlet absently around a finger.

"Regardless, I must concede your point. Although a man like yourself, I imagine, has little time for pursuing such organic opportunities."

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 2:15:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

A GENTLEMAN CALLER

WITH A PRIVATE HOTLINE

HER COMMENT earns her an earnest, sharp laugh.

indeed. you make the most of it when you can. granted, it’s a hard lifestyle for others to adjust to.” another laugh, this time softer, more subtle. “most chalk it up to being married to my work.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 9:23:49 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"]
"Believe me, I can think of worse marriages. At least my plants don't talk back."

Dark humour was humour nonetheless.[break][break]

"You speak of your lifestyle as though it wasn't hard for you to adjust to, however. Is yours a happy marriage to Silph Co., then?"

[Googlefont=Unna]