awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
grief [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 1:22:22 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Some people would be intimidated being partnered with a Rocket Beast. Or a Rocket Beast who is engaged to an Admin. But Summer?

She didn't really give a damn. Not about much, anyway.

The reality was, she really wanted to get home, to rest, to find something to do. It was tiring, being pulled from work to help Rocket with missions and then be expected to complete the day. Not to mention her mental state was out of control on its own as well.

The two women were sent to the Water Routes for some mission regarding a water-type Pokemon.

However, they never made it to the mission.

A sparkling apparition seemed to appear around them, something that Summer hadn't seen before.

"The fuck is that?"

Unable to say anything else, it swallowed Summer and Lex, sending them into a distortion.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
grief [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 15:04:29 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Another small job to fend off the storm. Just another distraction. Unfortunately, that’s all this was to her. The woman she’d been assigned with mattered little, she barely knew her name. Spring? Summer? One of the two. It was a season.

For being quite distraught, Lex seemed to be holding it together rather well during her time at work. At home . . . she’d rather not be home. Unlike Summer, she was happy to drag this mission on as long as possible before she was forced to stop for the day. Maybe she would sleep on the submarine tonight, there had to be plenty of empty dorms now that Sootopolis promised more comforting quarters.

Summer’s voice tore her away from her thoughts. Amber hues jolted up to look around them. Instinctively she tensed, a hand hovering over a pokeball that hugged her belt. It didn’t take long for Lex to recognize what was happening – she’d seen this once before.

The stoic face twisted into something dark, angry, “Fuck, I’ve seen this before” she cursed, spinning on her heels to survey the visible horizon. It came on quickly, darkening the sky and stirring up winds strong enough to drown out her words, “This way,” she frantically grabs for Summer’s wrist, tugging her in a direction that looks vague lighter than the dark blue and purple sky that surrounds them.

There it is again, that funny weight. It bears down on them, the invisible pressure of time and space itself being torn apart.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
grief [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 5:15:57 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer felt fingers wrap around her wrist and tug her away, a demanding pull that she was not pleased with despite their circumstances. However, though she typically would yank her arm away, she didn't.

Perhaps she could sense the gravity of the situation and the frantic energy building. A need to escape, to get out as soon as possible lest something terrible happen to them.

However, that weight grew and grew, and they were gone. They were no long along the waters. Summer and Alexandra were somewhere else, not in Hoenn. A strange place that was both familiar and alien all at once.

"Dammit. We're trapped," Summer muttered to herself.

The situation reminded her of the Star Soiree. Though it wasn't exactly the same, she remembered an almost otherworldliness there as well. It brought a shiver down her spine.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
grief [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 15:10:04 GMT

Darkness descended and with each step towards the light, the feeling of hope disappeared. Summer confirmed Lex’s fears: They’re trapped. Her fingers uncurled from around the woman’s wrist and instead of escape, she turned her focus onto survival.

“If this is anything like last time, it’s only temporary,” her voice was barely audible, lost beneath the thunderous winds that whipped around them. As her amber eyes scanned the unfamiliar new plane of reality they found themselves in, she hoped what she said was true.

A brief flash of light emitted from the sphere in her hand. From it, a strange, ghostly Zoroark appears. The last distortion she was trapped in, Nova died and came back to life as this version of herself. As far as Lex could tell, nothing had changed too much except for the fact that she was now part ghost. She wasn’t willing to risk any of her other pokemon in this chaos.

The shrieks and snarls of wild pokemon erupted around them though none made their move, “Be ready, there are violent pokemon in these things,” her warning was loud so Summer could hear it above the whistle of the turbulent wind.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
grief [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 2:39:19 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Last time?

Summer's red gaze was questioning as she looked over at Lex. She had been in one of these things before? Aside from the dream realm, she had never really encountered anything like this in her life. It was draining. Dark.

Loud.

Snarling Pokemon came from every corner, Summer's trusted EMBOAR glowing blue in the dimness. Her ABSOL was clearly indicating that danger was near, and it was obvious enough to her.

"Yeah, yeah," she said, as though she understood the drill by now.

She didn't need Lex to tell her what she could gather from sight and sound alone.

As she walked forward cautiously, a snarl caught her attention as a feral and odd looking MIDNIGHT LYCANROC jumped from the shadows, lashing its clawed paws out at Summer and her team. She dodged quickly enough, while throwing a hand forward to command her group to attack.

"Watch out! It's not like anything I've seen before!"
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
grief [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 19:54:21 GMT

Lex found herself thankful that the girl wasn’t completely useless. Summer was quick to spring into action, two pokemon at the ready to defend them from the monster that lurked inside of the distortion. Lex silently prayed to whatever deity was listening. Hopefully, this was temporary as she promised. The last thing she needed was to be stuck in a strange world. Memories flashed back to the Tree of Life. That was enough time and space travel for her.

A LYCANROC lunged from the shadows, bearing its fangs and claws. Lex’s own H!Lycanroc turned its ghostly head, a snarl escaping from its curled lips. Nova too lunged, tackling it’s counterpart to ground. The two engaged is a flurry of teeth, claws, and dark mist.

“Watch out!” she pointed behind Summer, another H!Zoroark lunged, “It must have spawned a whole pack,” she growled between clenched teeth. Lex snatched another pokeball from her side, hesitant to release another pokemon into the fray after what happened to Nova the last time they were caught in one of these.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
grief [m]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 16:44:00 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer's EMBOAR took place in front of her, blocking an attack coming at the two women. A loud, grunting came from him as he shoved back the LYCANROC, blue flames igniting angrily.

"There's more?"

Shit. Summer knew that the two Pokemon she had sent out wouldn't be able to handle an entire pack. So she threw out her CHARIZARD and ARCANINE to aid in fending off the monsters.

"Attack as you see fit! Make sure we can find an escape point!" she ordered, her own eyes flitting around as she tried to find another tear in the dimension to exit.

Snarls and growls filled the air, an overwhelming sound as her own Pokemon sent out charged fire attacks to keep the pack at bay. Summer looked to Lex.

"Do you see a way out?"
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
grief [m]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 4:17:09 GMT

It’s hard to say which Lycanroc is which. It made Lex nervous, knowing Nova was trapped somewhere amongst the pack where all the other pokemon were focusing their attacks. Her gaze quickly scanned the crowd. White and scarlet fur is blurred as it all tumbles together to maintain the semblance of a pack.

“Nova! Return!” taking her pokemon off the field doesn’t seem like the right thing to do, but she replaces the Lycanroc with something better.

A flash of light reveals the mythical stallion. The Spectreir whinnies, rearing up as a GRIM NEIGH echoes across the field. There’s the thunderous clatter of hooves as War takes off towards the pack, BULLDOZING its way through before pivoting to turn back for more.

A way out?

Lex frantically looks around, “These things are contained, we gotta find the edge,” A sharp whistle brings the stallion back to her. In one practiced move she’s up on his back. A hand reaches down to offer Summer assistance. War could outrun these fools.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
grief [m]
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 15:51:24 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer's own Pokemon were attacking with fire, trying to push back the hoard to give Lex and their trainer a breadth of space to stay safe. She also threw out her THIEVUL to aid in her ABSOL'S attacks.

However, her attention was momentarily caught off guard as the mythical Pokemon was revealed. She had never seen anything like it before, majestic and astounding. She momentarily forgot about their assault, until she heard the roar of her EMBOAR as teeth sank on his flesh.

"HEAT CRASH!"

Lex mentioned finding an edge. Summer looked past her before nodding.

"Cover me."

And she took off, her ABSOL and THIEVUL at her side for protection as she sought an edge.
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
grief [m]
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 5:51:28 GMT

She doesn’t want a ride? Alright, she’ll cover her instead. With a press of her heels, the stallion spins around, to glance back at the pack of Zoroark assaulting Summer’s Emboar.

“Phantom Force,” War snorts, leaping into the phantom plane in a mist of smoke with Lex on his back. Together, they break through on the other side beside the Emboar. Ethereal energy strikes out at the Zoroark in the form of his phantom hooves, crushing bone and slicing through ivory fur.

The sharp howls of wolves fill the night. Some in pain, some in anger. Teeth sink into the equine’s rump, causing War to rear up in pain, nearly throwing Lex off. Her finger entwine in the ghostly mane, keeping her steady as she turns the strike the pokemon right in the face with the heel of her boot, “GO!” she snaps at the Emboar, encouraging it to follow its trainer while the Zoroark recover from War’s assault.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights