2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 19:17:48 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Today's cooking lesson diverts from the usual teaching structure they'd come to expect, oft held within Razz's elaborate loner-penthouse kitchen or the cosy galley of the Sotally Tober.

But the field trip out into Petalburg Woods does not leave the lack of equipment and home comforts amiss.

Beneath the darkening sky and bathed in the glow of a campfire, sparks drifting up on the smoky breeze as if attempting to join constellations, food scents become tantalizing in a whole new, enhanced way.

Although, that might have something to do with how far they'd trekked into the deepest neck of the woods this afternoon. 

Eating beneath the stars within the warm radiance of a campfire had always been a favourite, indulgent pastime to the pilot, anyway.

Don't know about you, but I could eat a whole pack of these by myself right now.” Standing next to the campfire, flames crackling in familiar song, Angelo holds out a bag of Spoink sausages towards Razz.

Saliva is already pooling beneath his tongue as he anticipates the sizzle of pork as it meets the cast-iron skillet, sat waiting and hot over the flames.

An eyebrow is raised, smile lazy, as if the decision has already been made for the poor young ranger pre-question.

Wanna do the honours, Razz?

[ gracidea #3 ]

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 12:23:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Razz doesn't really get this portion of their lessons about cooking, but he's willing to go with it. He's a tad more familiar with surviving in the wild seeing how he had to survive a month with only his brother, Nidoran, and a knife sooo.... yeah. [break][break]

Part of him thinks back to their first meeting and how the other invited him to dinner in his tent. He recalls very much not being comfortable by the fire or the other's arcanine. Though now he seemed okay, Salem's mouth seems to be drooling over the sausages that were taken out. [break][break]

"Honors of what? I put the fire on?" he states seemingly confused at first though salem points at the sausages and then it clicks, "Oh uhh sure," he rips them open and is careful when he puts them on, "So do you just naturally carry a skillet with you for this kind of thing? Couldn't we have just gotten sticks?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 11:24:44 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Thanks to Salem, the sausages are placed carefully onto the warmed flat of the pan without much delay, their meeting erupting into a series of spitting hisses and aroma tinted smoke, wafting up towards their faces.

Mouth-watering music to the senses.

Yep,” comes the breezy answer as Angelo crouches down near his pack, rummaging through the contents for the ingredients he'd brought with him.

And a small bottle of whisky, too. Half drunk. He places that on the ground for later.

I like camping. I like cooking. Makes sense to make room in my pack for one little skillet.” He looks up at Razz then, holding out a small see-through bag of chopped peppers and red onions for him to take.

And anyway, you can't cook hot dog fillings on a stick.” He shakes the contents with a smile. “That's what we're havin' tonight, by the way.

[ gracidea #3 ]

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 12:40:05 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Seems unnecessary, but I guess I can understand it...?" he says in a way in which he clearly doesn't understand but maybe its because he is used to just being a ride's away from food. And even if he weren't he knew how to fend for himself if needed. So for now he watches the other just empty his bag, and notes the alcohol, "Is that going to be used for cooking too?"[break][break]

Though as the other gives him a bag of peppers he just narrows his one eye, "Fillings? Like we're stuffing these?"

[break][break]

[break]+

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 13:17:33 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
If y'want your red onions to have a whisky marinade, then sure.” Angelo already knows the answer would be a resounding no from the young ranger and yet, he slowly unscrews the cap.

He likely would have experimented if alone, but this time the rim of the bottle presses to the sharp curve of his lips, instead of joining the Spoink meat in the pan. Amber liquid burns down his throat, settling as warm as the campfire in his belly.  

Not exactly. Keep hold of those and I'll show you.

He pulls a pocket knife from his belt then, the blade snapping out with a satisfying click, as he uses it as a makeshift tool to flip a sausage. One strip of the meat already a crispy brown.

Sit down. We'll let these cook for a little longer, first.” Angelo then pats the ground, inviting Razz to join him beside their temporary fire.

[ gracidea #3 ]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 2:22:58 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"While I'm no drinker like Laurence or your wife I don't mind it being used for food," he comments clearly indifferent on the manner as he gives a shrug. He just gives a nod as he sits down cross legged besides the other as he just watches and takes in the lesson with ease. While Razz has gotten a lot better thanks to the cooking lessons he still pretends that he isn't retaining much. [break][break]

"You do know that hot dogs can just be eaten raw right?" he says in an almost matter of fact tone, though there is a hint of a smile on his features to show that he was joking. After he would twirl his finger at Salem who chuckles and then the cat uses psychic to flip the hotdogs back again. [break][break]

"Its also easier to use a pokemon"

[break][break]

[break]+

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 11:26:36 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Blue eyes slowly turn towards his friend, expression stone and unblinking. Somewhere, deep within the recesses of Angelo's mind, he swears he can hear a chain of high-pitched sounds, reminiscent of Regirock's whining chorus of beeps.

How you've survived two decades is clearly a sign Arceus exists.

Angelo's smile is a lot wider than Razz's as the unimpressed facade breaks apart, an elbow jabbing out to knock the ranger in the arm for his joke. A wordless expression of 'good one'.

Also makes Salem the cook and not you.” An eyebrow raises as he flips the last of the sausages with his knife, enjoying the sounds and scents that erupt in a furious spit of burning fat. 

After a moment of appreciation, Angelo's lips part, casualness laced within the words that drip deliberately from his tongue. “Been practicing much since the AQUA mission? Or have they been keeping you busy?

It's an innocent enough question on the surface. But like the world in which they had fallen into and escaped from, the pilot's intent runs with deep waters.

[ gracidea #3 ]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 21:16:56 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Honestly seeing my upbringing, your guess is about as good as mine," he chuckles lightly unsure if that was a good laugh or a bad laugh but he is attempting still to keep this whole thing light hearted enough. Especially with the playful punch before Angelo makes the comment on how Salem was the cook. "Yeeeeah maybe he should learn instead of me," Salem crosses his arms triumpidly at this because the meowstic already knows he totally best at cooking, even if he's never done it.[break][break]

Though at the topic of AQUA he gives a pondering thought about it. "I'm not a member of Aqua, but I do train with Mr Silph every now and then with the whole exploding thing," with his left hand he has little sparks go off as a demonstration, "But I've gotten better with it that so I don't need it as much, so I just focus on job stuff, what of you? Any new headways with your red friend?"

[break][break]

[break]+

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 19:37:58 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
When he'd asked if he'd been practicing, Angelo had meant cooking practice.

And yet the pilot doesn't correct Razz as the young ranger details how he'd gotten better with his fire abilities - he'd already heard what he wanted.

I didn't join them, either. They'd need to offer me a lot more zeroes if they want to throw me back into any more hostile dimensions.” His lips split into a wry grin, humour hiding the dishonesty.

As it stood, he had no intention on joining the AQUA initiative. He wouldn't trade up his position as a broke freelancer for them. Not for any sum nor bartered benefit.

Their mission into the land of The Great Hoennian Sea had been confirmation that he'd made the right choice, back when had first attempted to recruit him.

Actually...” Closing his knife, Angelo replaces it with his drink, blue gaze upon the dancing flames as his fingers clamp around the lid. “We have.

A quiet chuckle escapes Angelo's throat before it becomes smoky, pleasantly rough, beneath a warm shot of whisky. “But now it's taken me in a whole different direction. Like I've taken two steps forward and then a random jump to who knows where.

Although he shrugs, he doesn't look troubled by it. Instead, as cobalt eyes turn on his friend, they burn. Far from lost.

I wanted to ask you about it.” 

[ gracidea #3 ]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 11:14:12 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"I suppose that's fair, but I don't think Dimension Jumping is going to be a normal thing," he comments as he still watches the other as the hotdogs were still frying as he awaited the answer about the other's legend. He gives a small smile hearing that they got along. [break][break]

"That's good honestly there are times where I'm not sure where I stand with mine," he chuckles lightly seemingly uncomfortable about it. While he's grateful he definitely doesn't feel worthy of it. Though he is curious about the whole taking it in another direction. He does seem confused about it as his was much more direct by comparison. "Sure what do you need? Not sure how much I can really help though"

[break][break]

[break]+

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 8:24:57 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Actually, Razz was the only one who could help him. The only person aside from he trusted to safeguard the information he had tucked away in his pocket, anyway.

Still, he mentions it none the less, just in case. Even if it is expressed on the tail end of humour. “I know you won't, but no gossiping around town about this, alright?

From within the depths of his jacket, a glass sphere is revealed. Flames dance contained within, always burning and radiating warmth like the campfire before them. Unlike when Angelo used to cradle the Soul Dew in his palm, Latios's spirit responding only to his touch, the new occupant never sleeps.

A mythical lick of fire contained.

It's kind of a long story but...” Wetting his lips in thought, Angelo pushes the newly occupied Soul Dew container with his thumb, feeling the heat pool onto his skin.

Where to even start?

Me and Latias, that thing I mentioned I was helping her with a while back, it was to revive her brother, Latios... And we did it.”  

At this, Angelo's lips tilt into something softer, smiling at the memory that he knows will carry with him for all time and beyond.

But when he left the Soul Dew, this fire took his place. It's not like a normal flame - I could hear it cry when I found it, for one - and you're the only person I know of who....” He waves his free hand, as if trying to conjure words. “Has a connection with a fire legendary. I was wondering if you'd be able to help make heads or tails of what it is.” 

The Red Flame in the Orb is held out in Razz's direction to hold, should he reach for it...

[ gracidea #3 ]

[/div]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 11:47:13 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Of course not, with assassins after avatars that would be pretty stupid," he comments as if that were common sense, but then again many in this region seemed to be more of the chaotic nature. One of those people in front of him, "Pretty sure you'd let your own secret out before I'd let it out," he teases some[break][break]

For now he listens to the tale as he sees the flaming orb Angelo carries. For now just nodding his head to show that he was paying attention to the other. Salem catching the orb for him before the Truth Seeker takes the Soul Dew and examines it by putting it toward the sun as if that would help him get a better look. It almost felt like he was holding something with Flame Body in his hand. [break][break]

"I don't, but I think I know someone who will..." he says almost ominously as the weather feels like it gets a bit warmer.

[break][break]

[break]+

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 18:57:50 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Wow.” Dry disbelief drawl out into the open, Angelo nodding slowly as if digesting the words that had been thrown his way. An exaggeration, lips pressed into a thin line to stop the laughter from spilling.

Oh ye of little faith.

Honestly? He's a little proud of the intentional sass that Razz manages to muster.

Fingertips hesitantly linger on the shell of the Soul Dew even when Salem reaches for the orb, protectiveness remaining like a ghost from the time that it had housed Latios's spirit.

A familiar wind tickles the back of his neck, stirred by an unseen shape, weaving through the trees. A reminder that they were close - that he was with him.

Angelo pulls back his hand, occupying it with his knife to flip the Spoink meat while Razz contemplates the Red Flame.

Maybe I should've brought more sausages...” Is all he has to say as heat begins to swell through their secluded section of the forest. Their small campfire party about to gain an additional attendee.

[ gracidea #3 ]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 10:38:56 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Salem looks excitingly at his trainer and then to Angelo as he points toward Razz seeming to say something. If anything could be picked up maybe it was the Meowstic proud that Razz was showing more playfulness to someone other than his pokemon. [break][break]

It wasn't long after that in a large boom did Reshiran land before them, the white of it's fur standing out against the dark forest easy. Though they did manage to lower themselves enough to not tower over the trees. "I doubt even if you bought the store's whole supply you'd have enough," he comments as the dragon makes themselves comfortable. There is a slight tremble in his shoulders but Salem pats the his trainer in a reassuring way. [break][break]

Reshiram seems to tilt their head and seems to say something that only the Avatar could hear, "I"m fine," he grumbles almost child like as he looks away. After Razz raises his hand with the Soul Flame, "Do you know what this at all?" the young man ask and Reshiram lowers their neck to see it better. [break][break]

No. Though I can sense Bioenergy coming from it, quite a bit of it.

"BioEnergy?" [break][break]

I believe you've come to learn it as 'infinity energy'

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]+

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
seeing red [c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 11:37:50 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Like summer had blessed the forest early, Reshiram's descent brings an extra sense of humidity to Hoenn's already warm climate. Angelo can instantly feel sweat droplets forming on the back of his neck, the old trusty leather jacket he wore suddenly far too stuffy...

Point taken.” Is all he says in response to Razz and their sausage supply. He'd forgotten how big the brilliant white beast was, after so much time spent in the company of two streamlined dragons.

Speaking of...

Angelo senses Latios's arrival before he can see the flicker of cobalt blue in the corner of his gaze. But where his sister flies into the clearing, carefree as she rises to greet Reshiram with a chirp, he lingers on the edge of the treeline. Watching, but keeping his distance.

Angelo doesn't pressure him to join them.

Instead, whatever Reshiram has to say to his patron has Angelo pressing his lips together in a thin line, containing a bubble of laughter as his friend pouts like a dismissive teenager.

Teasing could come later, it was time for a Q&A session now that the legendary of fire was here.

Infinity Energy, huh?” He repeats, leaning towards the Red Flame in the Soul Dew that remains within his friend's hand. Angelo didn't know much about that type of energy, being more exposed to the Primal sort, instead...

Before it set up home in my empty Soul Dew, I thought I could hear a voice coming from it. Couldn't make it out, though... Any idea what it wants, Reshiram?” He asks.

Could a legendary hear the wishes of the flame?

[ gracidea #3 ]