1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 14:33:34 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Callan didn't exactly enjoy the idea of being a taxi driver, but he had a license, and this was part of his job now. It paid well for such a relatively small job, and so when he recevied the call, he accepted it. He was taken to a luxury hotel, provided an immaculate and expense luxury sedan, the type with full grain leather seats and an fridge filled with champagne in the back, and asked to drive the CEO of a bank to another location.

The map on his phone showed the location of the man in a bright red blip, as he turned the corner and just by the front of the entrance of the location he had been asked to park in. He rolled down the tinted bulletproof windows, looking towards what seemed to be a well kept man in his twneties or thirties. "Hi, Mr. Del Mar?" He asked.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 15:04:21 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”April showers, May flowers,” is what people often say, but Mars is not a man who cares much for meaningless optimism, and with the threat of dark clouds looming in the horizon, his focus is in the present.
[break][break]
Flying taxis don’t do well with storms and teleporting such a distance means risking being caught in the middle of the downpour, so it would seem as if his only choice when leaving the bank’s corporate headquarters late in the afternoon is to hire a taxi service to take him to his destination. The most luxurious option they have, of course.
[break][break]
His assistant, a young woman not older than twenty five sets it all up, and when the black sedan parks near the great glass doors that mark the main entrance to the tower, it’s from under a dark umbrella that he gives an easy, calm, and all too confident smile. ”That would be me.”
[break][break]
A mental note is made on the driver's punctuality. After all, time is money.

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]

Mission - Crazy Taxi ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 15:08:04 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Great. He thought to himself, as the doors slid open for Martin to enter. "Sorry I'm not sure about the protocol for driving rich people." He replied, "They sent me in on short notice, but told me to be respectful." At any rate, once Martin got in, he'd start the car again, making sure to pay a little more attention on how hard he pressed the gas pedal.

"Is your regular driver pre-occupied?" He asked, quizzically, as his eyes briefly moved to the passenger before back onto the road.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 15:23:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

A light chuckle escapes his lips when hearing the driver’s comment, not bothering to hide his amusement or put on a serious façade. There’s a time and place for things like those, and it isn’t now. ”You’re fine. Though you probably should be respectful with all your passengers, regardless of wealth. Ratings and all, no?” He smirks just so slightly after stepping into the car, eyes of amber falling upon the man through the rearview mirror. ”Then again, I bet some of them can be a pain.”
[break][break]
Mars may have no difficulty when it comes to getting along with people, but decidedly, he could never do this sort of job. Admittedly, there’s something somewhat admirable about people who do.
[break][break]
”I don’t have a driver, actually. I usually fly or teleport, but things like those are risky with the current weather.” Inevitably, he finds himself looking out the window – at the way solitary raindrops meet glass one-by-one. ”Ever considered a flying taxi license?”

notes

[break]

Mission - Crazy Taxi ♡

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 15:59:48 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Great. He thought to himself, as the doors slid open for Martin to enter. "Sometimes I find that the higher someone is, the lesslikely they're able to see others as people, you know?" Callan replied in response. "Oh, this is a flying taxi by the way, but I'm assuming it's the type that requires the user to have a flying type." Which he didn't. "It says you have a Natu, though, with your permission I'll have it teleport us to the intended destination once I get into a free lane."

"Nope, I don't typically drive people actually." He replied casually, "I'm actually a trainer. I'm just short on cash at the moment, so I'm taking a few gigs on the side." It stung his pride, just a bit, but not really too much. He had long accepted that trying to pull himself out of a alcohol and tar infused dreariness was going to take a little more time. It'd been much quicker than he expected given the block chain of highly prolific people he had met in the last few months, but learned behaviours were more difficult to deal with than anything else.

"Would you prefer we teleport there with your Natu, Mr. Del Mar?" As the car picked up in speed, Callan clicked on the button in the sedan.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 16:50:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”...The higher someone is, the less likely they're able to see others as people...”
[break][break]
For a short moment, while sitting at the back of the sedan, Mars considers the driver’s words, knowing full well that in many cases he’s not wrong. Sometimes people become no more than statistics for those in his position; faceless masses and numbers on a spreadsheet. Is that how it is for him, though? Yes and no.
[break][break]
”Natu, hm? Sure, Xatu would be too big to fit in here, anyway.” When it comes to teleporting, his own preference is generally his Gardevoir or to use his own abilities if the situation calls for it, but given the weather, flying types are probably preferable.
[break][break]
”That’s respectable. I hope you’re able to remedy your monetary situation soon.” Banker as he may be, Mars is not about to sit here and give someone unsolicited financial advice. Even if, let’s be honest, he sure could give some great financial advice.
[break][break]
Instead of saying anything else, he reaches for a minimised Luxury Ball from within his suit’s jacket, and the Natu he releases from it is as small as the pokédex category of its species claims. It hops onto the seat, looking from its trainer to the man driving the sedan.
[break][break]
”Go ahead, we’ll get there faster that way.”
[break][break]
If anything were to go wrong, he could teleport out of danger.

notes

[break]

Mission - Crazy Taxi ♡

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 17:15:19 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
On the release of the pokeball, the car's interior would change, if somewhat slightly. Having detected a psychic type pokemon, it braced itself for a secondary mode of transportation, that being an accidentally incorrect navigation point leading to potential death. The car scanned the nearby area of destination where the Natu was targeting, and having noticed a destroyed road, targeted a road just southeast of the location.

"There's a destroyed roadway near your location, but it doesn't seem like there's any Rocket activity nearby." Callan commented, checking the League communications for a brief moment. "I've put the teleport location about a block away from your intended destiantion, I'll drive the rest of the way." Just in case that there was a need for bodyguarding as well. He suspected that was why this was a job given to trainers, rather than just a freelancing taxi driver, the need to potentially defend a VIP.

"And I hope so as well sir." He replied, there wasn't much else to be said about his situation, and he didn't exactly want to admit it out loud. Thankfully his passenger had maybe picked up on that, and was nice enough not to comment. After locking in the coordinates, he pressed the travel key on the sedan. The Natu would receive its instruction, interfacing with the car and warping it to the exact spot just behind a set of cars in mild traffic.

"And I hope you somehow find some semblance closure as well." A glint of his ruby red eyes traced towards Martin, before turning back towards the traffic jam.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 17:41:57 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Ah, of course. There’s always something being destroyed in Hoenn, isn’t there?” He sighs, but there’s no real exasperation in his voice, the lack of it perhaps being a simple result of years spent living in the region. Is that what they call conformism?
[break][break]
It’s not like anyone would know that spends much more time than what he’d like reading reports regarding damages caused by Rocket grunts during their assigned tasks. Hell, he – ever so amiable philanthropist as he may be known to be – has even arranged a few of the attacks. However, that’s the Rocket admin side of him, and here, in this ever so luxurious taxi, sits no more and no less than the C.E.O of P.O.G Bank.
[break][break]
The Natu’s psychic abilities hone in on their destination after receiving the signal, and in a split second, they disappear.
[break][break]
Just as they do, he hears the driver’s words, eyes of gold meeting those crimson.
[break][break]
"And I hope you somehow find some semblance of closure as well."
[break][break]
What sort of closure is Mars looking for?
[break][break]
No changes in his expression reveal even a hint of the answer that dwells deep within, simply reaching for his Rotom phone when they appear somewhere new. ”Thank you.”
[break][break]
For both the sentiment and the ride, perhaps.

notes

[break]

Mission - Crazy Taxi ♡

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 4:31:07 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The rest of the ride remained relatively uneventful, save for a minor congestion thanks to the broken roadway, Callan drives the sedan over to the intended destination. ALready, there is a security detail hosted outside the building awaiting for Martin Del Mar.

Callan slowed the car by the roadside, unlocking the doors to allow the detail to open the sedan's side doors. "Best of luck in your endeavors sir."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 11:53:15 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

As if following along with the unspoken yet ever well-known rules of ride-share etiquette, at some point or another, Mars ends up finding himself looking at his phone while petting the Natu that soon hops onto his lap. Silence fills the vehicle then, the only sounds being coming from outside or from the car itself.
[break][break]
His time is used wisely, of course; schedule being checked and messages being answered. And, by the time they arrive at the building that is location for his next meeting, Mars finds himself to be at least eight minutes early. Time spent wisely indeed.
[break][break]
”Good luck to you too,” he tells the driver as he steps out after having called his Natu back to the confines of its Luxury Ball, even though Mars has never cared much for expressions like those.
[break][break]
In the end, gets a five star rating indeed, and an all too generous tip too.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

Mission - Crazy Taxi ♡

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Please Rate 5 Stars [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 4:17:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: