awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the registeel in the room
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 16:00:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He could feel something—going, was it a vein, or something? Who knew?

He’d pulled out another shot glass and busied himself by pouring himself a shot in the meantime, before he gave Angelo a look that said ‘are you hearing this?’, literally one of incredulity.

And then Derek had to just go and make it worse. A lot, lot, lot worse.

“Che atteggiamento,” he muttered, knowing that at least one other person would understand what he said, his eyes betraying the look of mirth in Angelo’s direction before he turned his attention back to the other who’d called the meeting in the first place.

“While we are thankful for the information—yes, this includes the other barricade… barrier that you’d encountered that literally can kill anything it touches—unless we do have a specific location as to where this place can be found, and if anything else can be found within its depths as so kindly pointed out by several people here—then there is no way in hell I am risking anyone else’s ass with an unauthorized mission. Much as I really want to, the risk of losing more people or Pokémon is still very much there. As it is the Rangers are already spread out too far across the entire region.”

He really wanted to say ‘too thin’, but that was another Copperajah in the room entirely.

And shit, he needed another drink.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 18:54:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
One after another, those seated around the table lock their sights on Derek following his outburst. Questions and rebuttals thrown his way, from those not on the ranger roster and on it alike.

Beneath calloused fingers that cup his chin, Angelo's lips curl in a lazy kind of satisfaction.

Funny. You cared enough to force my hand into attending.” He adds with casual sharpness, aiming for the ranger on the verge of a dismissive tantrum. “But now we're not linking arms and sharing, suddenly you don't care that we're here.

Only the pilot wasn't laughing.

Although he does crack a small smirk at 's Alto Marean choice of words, his gaze lingering upon the Head Ranger.

Sky's right. If you do decide to go into the temple and scout it out, for whatever reason. The smart choice would be to go with an experienced team who's dealt with this before.

In other words, the very people around this table.

But you're also right, Hoffman.” His gaze turns to then. Unapologetically calm in his admission. Unapologetically blunt when addressing the man across the table's earlier accusations. “I'm not part of the Rangers, and I'm not a League official, either... But I'm also one of the few people in the region who has the credentials you're clearly lacking. None of us would be here, otherwise.

Angelo is not going to feel guilty about trying to earn some money. Nor from chasing after opportunities to adventure, should they come calling.

Don't you think I should be fairly compensated, if I'm brought on board to take part in an admittedly dangerous mission?

@registeelintheroom
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 20:06:27 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Whether Bo raises a fair point or not, Derek doesn't bother answering because his answer will just spark further comment on the matter. Instead he allows Katherine to continue speaking her vanity, acting as though she served the region all this time. By staying when excused, she served her ego to get a condescending word in. And by refusing to be of service without payment, she served her greed. Just because Hoenn benefits from her doing so didn't make it in service of the region.

Angelo's remark also gets a rise out of Derek, but this time he speaks, whereas Katherine and Lars went ignored for the time being. "Credentials? You were summoned for what you knew, not what you could do, or have done. And you're suddenly so upset to realize that is the extent of this meeting? That you can't get some kind of compensation if you volunteer for something that I nor the league have yet to ask of you?"

For someone who lacked the proper credentials, whatever that was to them, or whatever else they wanted to say about him...some of them still thought he was the guy that could in any way promise them something? Wow. Only, Angelo's question is a matter of personal belief.

"I'm sorry that you thought this was in any way a business opportunity. Sure I think compensation would only be natural for a civilian, but you weren't summoned for that reason." They were getting ahead of themselves, as if they were the only people qualified. It was good to think well of oneself, but this was too high. There were several league members who could get the job done, were it asked of them.
THE REGISTEEL IN THE ROOM
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 7:44:59 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Derek launches another defensive attack and irritation crackles beneath the surface of the pilot's skin, leaking through in only a narrowed gaze.

At least Angelo had been transparent in his intentions here. If Derek had wanted to go forward with his little mission to find the titan which had gotten him nearly killed, then of course Angelo would've wanted to know what the benefit was.

The ranger's problem was assuming that everyone would happily fall in line and pander to his ego trip.

Oh, my bad, I assumed when you started asked for details on how you defeat the Titan, you meant you were looking to go back there for round two.” He drawls, sarcastic. “I fail to see why asking if I'd get compensation on a potential job has got you so defensive.” 

Angelo realises then that he was in no mood, nor had any desire, to share any more of his information with Derek.

So there was really no point in staying, was there?

Y'know, the ironic thing is if you hadn't summoned me here and had asked me to attend, instead of throwing your weight around, I probably would have volunteered some of my information and expertise.

Chair legs scraping against the floor conclude a sigh, the folder of Registeel evidence is flipped shut. Slowly rising, making no rush of it, blue eyes make a point to flicker towards and .

Lars. Katherine. If either of you end up going forward with forming an excursion team and want to work together, you know how to contact me.

He gives and a little nod in good luck.

And then...

Hoffman.

Angelo picks up his glass, tipping back the whisky that remained at the bottom of the container. Their meeting leader's only real attempt to smooth over his inflated ego.

Feel free to send your fine in the mail.

Empty, the glass is placed down on the table with a finite clack.

Thanks for the drink.

A hand squeezes 's shoulder last of all, an unconcerned smile on his lips. He'd see her at home, should she choose to stay.

But as for him, Angelo bows out of the 'League meeting' with nothing gained and nothing lost, except his time. 

@registeelintheroom
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 8:19:18 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler watches the conversation in the same manner that one would a trainwreck. It isn't long before suggestions turn into accusations, anger and irritation surfacing to barrel against their host from those present. It serves to dull the edges of her own fury, coiled tightly within the protective cage of her chest.

In the end, Skyler sees no reason for this meeting. Because if it'd been an official League or Rangers meeting wouldn't the Head Ranger have been the one to call them? But Lars seems as surprised as the rest as to the contents of the conversation. That he has to pull rank on Derek is even more telling.

The captain swallows a scoff along with a shot of Lars' much needed tequila. Slowly, she scoots the bottle closer to the Head Ranger, as if to say 'you'll definitely need it more than me.'

"Are you talking on the League's behalf, then? Or is this meeting and possible venture based solely on individual interest?" Because there was an Elite Four right there in the meeting, whose power and influence extended far past that of Derek's, and Skyler didn't think had been in on the plan. "Because I don't see it as being an immediate risk for the region." In fact, there were a number of more pressing issues. Such as the meteorite set to destroy them all.

The captain didn't pretend to be a saint, nor did she have any delusions of decency. She usually left the moral high ground to those who could afford it. Still... "Common courtesy is a thing, Hoffman. You'd be better off using it instead of throwing a tantrum." And in turn alienating most people in the room.

Her chair scrapes back not long after Angelo's. Like the pilot, she nods towards and . "I reiterate Angelo's proposition. If you have any use for our skills, you know how to reach us." 

On the way out she pauses by and , voice pitched low as she addresses them. "Dinner in the Sotally Tober next week? I promise I won't be cooking." Thank Arceus.

She swipes a bottle on the way out, determined to exact a price for the time she just wasted.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 12:53:29 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

Katherine offers a curt nod to and when she's addressed with an all too satisfied smirk still glued to her visage. She can't help but relish this moment while Derek is ripped into by the other attendees.
[break][break]
"Well... I wish I could say that this meeting was productive, but... At least it was fun. Yeah," she says and then stifles a chuckle with one of her hands. Kat finishes her drink before rising from her seat, seemingly just about ready to leave.
[break][break]
"As I already said, if anyone's interested in paying for me to find the temple for them, you can text me." She doesn't bother with any personal goodbyes. Instead, she lifts her hand to offer a brief wave as she heads for the door.

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-moon"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ @registeelintheroom

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 9:12:48 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Sure thing, Vestri." Except Derek wasn't the one who took care of fines, and the fact was Angelo did give a firsthand account of what he witnessed down there. They all did, didn't they? And Derek even excused them already. "Don't let the door smack you on the way out."

Like suggested, he'd at least gotten what he needed out of the meeting.

So why should he try getting along with people who were mostly only interested in these things?

And how could they act like their time underground was so bad that their help was practically necessary, but then play down the situation? All at the same table?

Registeel was active again. He'd just told them he saw the thing in a cave, long before they caught wind of anything regarding Regirock at that. It should've made clear the possibility the pokemon was mobile. Not something that should be ignored as if it were pointless for them to show any tangible concern for the time being.

Scratch that. It was that their only concern was compensation.

Which was why he had waited for most of the group to leave, so that it'd only be him and the other rangers in the room. People whose best interests were supposed to be the region. It's natural habitats and the wild pokemon that lived there.

"You know what an unauthorized mission means, right Lars?" It wasn't like the head ranger signed off on Derek, Boruta and the rest showing up where they did. It was a distress call, and they were the only ones to answer.

Yeah, sure, he might not send them officially.

But that didn't mean rangers couldn't answer a call for help.

Or that Derek couldn't raise a finger to them all and decide for himself.

So, just to be sure...

"Well, I am old enough to make my own decisions. To take my own risks. So for now on, I will be." Pulled from behind his back, a ranger beret and armband is tossed out onto the table. "My leave wasn't supposed to be personal, but at least now you've got one less out of control ranger to worry about. Right?" Now Derek could resume his work with a green light, as opposed to all the red he was seeing from his supposed betters in the meeting.

"It was nice working alongside ya, Bo." His eyes shifted between the three of them, while also considering the others. "But we'll likely bump into each-other soon enough, regardless of me no longer being a ranger."

With that said, Derek gathered the papers and dumped them in the recycling bin. The others were free to dispose of their dockets themselves. A quick check of the time on his phone reminded him about the following meeting with the league he had in little under an hour.

As Derek left, Jonesy waved them all goodbye from his shoulder like a good little Sobble, allowing them to leave or converse as they pleased. Not that the other rangers were really 'present' at the meeting to begin with.

END OF THREAD
THE REGISTEEL IN THE ROOM
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 4:13:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: