2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
the registeel in the room
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 19:20:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Poison? Ultra Beasts? Neither were present in the Regirock Tomb, as far as Angelo was aware. It hadn't been up until he and had slipped away from the chaos, anyway.

Sure, there had been one pokemon that had grown to gigantic size, dwarfing the chamber that Regirock occupied, but it had just been your average species.

Angelo doesn't bring up that particular subject, and not just because the pokemon hadn't been his.

Taking a sip of his drink, the pilot hums in thought against the rim of the glass as he reclines. Casually, an arm falls over the backrest of Skyler's chair.

Comfortable, while she avoids looking in his direction.

Sounds like your group had a very different experience from ours,” he comments after taking in the chatter from the ranger's side. “Don't remember any pokemon being...

Pausing, fingers quietly drumming on the back of Skyler's chair, his gaze catches on the next image slid their way. An entanglement of bone protrudes from flesh, like a snapped back umbrella on a stormy day with metal rods branched at bent angles, on show. Good thing he has a strong stomach. 

Affected by the barrier like yours were. But that could be because we were already inside the area when it showed up.” A blue gaze flickers towards the other Regirock explorers. “Can only speak for myself but did any of you guys come into contact with the edge?

@registeelintheroom
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 18:28:54 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Oh."
[break][break]
Katherine perks up at the sound of Angelo's words, eyes fluttering momentarily. "You're saying that you don't remember any pokemon being affected? So I take it that the giant Roggenrola of yours was always that size, hrm?" Unlike the married couple, Katherine sees little to no point in hiding such a fact.
[break][break]
That pokemon wasn't ordinary, and while she could have definitely lied with a straight face— neither nor earned such a prize from her.
[break][break]
"My pokemon weren't affected, is all I can say. But I do recall seeing two other giant pokemon, excluding the titan."
[break][break]
is spared a glance next. Unlike the married couple, he did earn a prize or two from Katherine. She won't out him, but she does expect him to come clean.

[attr="class","ooc"] @registeelintheroom [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 11:15:47 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
seemed to have something stuck in her eye. Only it wouldn't be mercy that's making her eyes flutter his way, that's for sure. Quite the opposite.

After all, he'd witnessed her cutthroat nature first hand, in both the ruins and during their little trip to The Great Sea. At the church of Arceus, too.

She was like a concealed, sharpened knife tip, poking into his ribs. Testing.

And Angelo smiles.

Those were kind of hard to miss.” An eyebrow is raised as if to say 'obviously' to her reference to 's Metagross and the Roggenrola's gigantic size.

I was attempting sensitivity for our ranger friend's fallen pokemon.

A fingertip reaches down to tap the picture of the disembowelled Charizard, turning it the Elite Four member's way.

But, just in case anybody else got confused, by 'affected' I meant none of my pokemon were ripped inside-out.

@registeelintheroom
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 20:04:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He kept quiet, refilling his shot glass as needed before copies of the report were passed around (he’d grabbed one and was now idly riffling through it) and then the grotesque was laid out several photos later—

Well, he’d definitely seen worse considering that there was nothing left of Suijin to bury that one time, long ago, when he was part of a rescue team that saved the Commissioner back then. But that was another story, for another day.

Another shot knocked down in one, before he gave both and this look like they were saving something for him to say.

“Oh, are we headed in that direction then,” he muttered quietly, pouring himself another shot yet not knocking it back.

Instead he reached for a slice of pizza, momentarily wrinkled his nose at the toppings (okay, what fucker thought it was a good idea to put shrimp on a pizza) before grabbing a fork and discreetly removing the lethal toppings before realizing that the entire thing was potentially…

Fuck, did he bring his antihistamines with him?

“Unlike the phenomena you’d encountered, can’t say the same happened… there,” he began in ’s direction.

“For starters, there was this strange pink light, and while it didn’t affect me—most certainly had no effect on either me or Razz when we encountered it—fact of the matter is that when Ro—excuse me, I meant to say my Metagross—touched the light, shit… kind of escalated.”

At least, it wasn’t the malevolent kind of shit that went down.

“Let’s just say that strange, pink, blinding light that me and Razz ran into made my Metagross grow to… extremely large proportions. Kind of broke the floor of the room we were in and sank down into the room below. But it wasn’t harmful or anything, it was just… he grew bigger in size. But that was it, really. Nothing too… catastrophic there. It wore off after a while, though.”

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 9:33:49 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

he followed along in the report with a solemn face, avoiding the image of his aerodactyl’s gruesome remains.

”our pokemon weren’t just ripped inside out.” his stare briefly passed to . ”they started getting bigger at first, too. something went wrong.”

after a look around the table, his bright gold eyes settled on .

”the light you saw—you said it was pink. the barrier around the temple was purple. so, that’s two variations of the same phenomenon? the purple barrier could've been whatever the pink light was  reacting with something else in that area.” and what a weird area it had been. usually, pokemon ended up places for a reason.
@registeelintheroom
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 14:00:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Megalopolans and their giant UBs. The Regirock Temple. Skyler tucks that tidbit of information for later. It makes her wonder if the two are somewhat related - or if it's just a macabre coincidence.

"It might have been the titan's influence. I didn't see anything else in the chamber that might've triggered the barrier." Then again, neither Skyler nor Angelo had stayed till the end, having escaped as soon as the barrier had dissolved. Last she'd seen, the other explorers had been locked in a conflict of sorts. She doesn't mention it - yet. "None of my pokemon were affected, but they didn't touch the barrier either." 

's barbs and 's response are both met with a dismissive blink before she turns to , continuing, "The temple itself did seem to have strange properties. I was teleported into a different chamber at one time, as I'm sure can corroborate."

Granted, she'd seen her for a whole second before the woman had gone and nearly gotten herself killed. 
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 23:23:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Ah. Of course. Sensitivity.
[break][break]
Katherine doesn't buy that for a second but smiles nonetheless. The revelation that Angelo was proficient at this dance of tango brings a smile to her lips. Now she sees why he and Skyler were such a perfect match.
[break][break]
"Were you? Oh wait, yes. I do remember that."
[break][break]
It happened moments before the titan nearly evaporated her, but Skyler did appear out of nowhere; however, it wasn't too strange in the grand scheme of things. There were gigantic pokemon inside the tomb, the titan itself, whatever happened between her and before the barrier dissipated...
[break][break]
"Did you guys happen to find anything on the scene?" her question is directed at the other party, seeing how her eyes shift from to .
[break][break]
"Mysterious plates, strange-looking rocks, etcetera."

[attr="class","ooc"] @registeelintheroom [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 7:43:04 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Other than what's been discussed, there were no visible variants. But as one of you have brought up, this does appear to be tied to the titans in some way." A nod was made towards Skyler, who made mention of the ancient entities dubbed as such.

"If we would've tried entering the barrier, we quite simply would've been blown away. A colossal hyper beam shot out from the cave after the ultra beasts retreated within. I can only imagine that they weren't able withstand such a blast." Bailey's pokemon, one of the few things from her legacy that remained, disintegrated in an instant. It wasn't his wound to wear, and yet it was felt just the same.

And just as unfortunate, this meant they had almost nothing to offer Katherine. Nothing visible, at least. But there was one morsel that might prove to be the most promising intel of it all. Or the most damning, depending on how one looked at it...

"I think it was a titan inside the temple, and I believe I know which one." Assuming that it was the one, it would make sense that it decided to obliterate any and all who'd trespass. "I encountered something awhile back. Years ago...I don't really remember what happened after it attacked us." Reliving the experience, Derek only feels terrible about it because of what he had to say next.

"Me and were underground when we were confronted by it. After some kind of caterwaul battle cry, it launched itself at us. Broad shape, seemingly metallic, and with eyes like these..." An illustration based on Derek's memory is presented on the wall via projector. Six eyes surrounding one for a total of seven, all brimming with the same scarlet glow. They shared great resemblance with depictions of Registeel.

"All I know is that I must've blacked out. When I woke up at the hospital I was told my Garchomp brought me. I tried to ask around about Noelle, but..." Either she survived and left for Johto to live in peace, or whatever was left of her was still down there.

"I wasn't too sure back then, but I know now that it wasn't some mutant pokemon with pokerus or my imagination that we encountered down there. Which is why I wanted to ask about how great your struggles were against the rock titan. To know what it took to bring one down, or whatever you did down there. Because the same sound I heard in that cave shot out from the temple right before the blast."
THE REGISTEEL IN THE ROOM
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 10:08:26 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Ah, there it was. The crux of the matter.

Registeel.

Now that context had finally fallen away to reveal the true reason as to why they'd all been gathered here, this would become easier to navigate. The temple comes alive again in Skyler's mind, halfway hidden by foliage and a flimsy-looking barrier. A far difference from the arid stretches where the Regirock ruins had been found, before they'd sunk into the sands.

Greed and ambition course through the captain's veins, a swelling tide mirrored in the dagger-sharp gaze that lands on . Skyler leans back, brazenly casual, arms crossing over her chest as she stares at the man from under dark lashes.

"That's why you brought us here today, huh? To know how to fight this thing." It is less a question than a statement. "Two people clearly weren't enough for the job, and the rangers nearly got themselves killed. Not surprising, given what you were up against."

There is loss in Derek's voice, haunting his retelling of happenings years past. While Skyler is not wholly unsympathetic to this fact, she ploughs forward relentlessly, business-like.

"Telling you about our experience in the Regirock Ruins will only do so much." Her eyes flick back to , to , to and . "I can't talk for the others, but if you're going to try and find this temple again, your best bet is bringing those who've already survived something similar."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 17:11:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of anything they may have found at the scene, Lars gave Razz this furtive stare before giving a near-imperceptible shake of his head.

Basically, ‘don’t say anything about the strange rock’.

As they were still in the middle of trying to figure out what the fuck it did…

And then Sky had to suggest something… something that almost made Lars flip the table had he not managed to keep his calm right then and there.

“Sky, do you mean going underground, again?” he said her way, as he pointed at the empty shot glass and gestured for her to slide it back his way so he could refill it.

(He’d already eaten the pizza slice minus all the shrimp, and was now in the mood to drink again.)

As for Boruta’s hypothesis…

“It’s a possibility, however the one that you encountered,” he continued as he tilted his head in Derek’s direction, “…literally eviscerated a Pokémon. The one that we encountered only made them kaiju-sized, but there were no adverse aftereffects afterward.”

He wondered if there was anything down in the Ruins, ever since they’d left it a year or so ago.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 18:05:06 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
And if you do intend to return to the Titan's temple with an experienced team, I'm sure they'd want to know the trip would be worth their while.” Angelo taps the gory pictures had supplied, to bring his point home.

Some people in the room were not League officials, after all. And some were just ambitious, or had poor memories associated with the Titan's Temples.

They can wave their flashy pieces of paper around all they want, but free pizza and booze can only get them so far in the absence of obligation.

Some have a higher price for their services.

Transparency would be a start. And at least a courtesy, given the manner of his attendance.

If there's apparently no plates, no relics, and you don't think 's pokemon survived your mission...

Leaning forward, Angelo props his chin on tented fingertips. Ocean blue eyes focused on Derek with an unwavering, calm expression.

Then what's down there that's worth a rematch against Registeel, Hoffman?

For you, and for me.

@registeelintheroom

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 20:03:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]
Katherine appears to be more than willing to settle in her seat, content with her drink, while she listens to everyone else putting in their two cents. She doesn't seem to want to interject, instead preferring to wait for the right opportunity.
[break][break]
"Hrm, hrm..."
[break][break]
Her humming, although mostly quiet in volume, is hard to ignore. She was waiting, but she wasn't famous for her patience. Thankfully, there comes a moment when the room quiets down, and she takes the floor.
[break][break]
"According to the report, no one's been successful in finding the temple following the first encounter, yes?" she draws a breath, still skimming through some of the final details. Interesting. It piques Katherine's interest even though no treasure had been promised to her yet.
[break][break]
"This entire discussion is pointless without the location of the temple, so, I'll make it simpler for us."
[break][break]
She allows the document to slip past her fingers, having finished reading through it, "I'll be able to locate it for anyone willing to pay for my services." No one in their right mind would think that Katherine would do it as some charity work, right?
[break][break]
League or not, she always takes her toll.

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-moon"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ registeelintheroom

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 22:34:10 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"...Yeah, that's right." Peeled eyes bore a hole, not through the eyes of everyone that sought compensation, but Katherine in particular. "So you really had the audacity to speak down to us rangers when your agenda in all this so far is to turn a profit?" He can't help but let out an irritated scoff at the realization. "You're part of the elite four, not some fucking hired gun." She thought more like a member of rocket than a member of the league.

The shaking of his head as he mulled over everything said speaks to how he feels about it all. "The rest of you aren't vested with the league, or the rangers. So my expectations for you can only go so high. But if all that really matters to you is what you stand to gain...then you don't need to concern yourselves with what happens next."

His eyes turn towards Lars, finally, who Katherine seemed fond of for whatever reason. But Derek can't even manage the words to relay how disappointed he was in the apparent friend(s) he'd made as head ranger. If that's what she even was. Only an exasperated sigh could be heard before addressing everyone as a whole.

"I don't care if I have your help or not. That wasn't the reason for this meeting. Just to fill in the blanks." This idea of paying someone off, or ensuring something is there for you all to plunder? He might as well look for help in Sootopolis. "If you'd like, you can leave now."
THE REGISTEEL IN THE ROOM
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 4:44:58 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

’s frank summary of the rangers’ attempts earned a brief, softly shaded glance. he had pride in both his comrades and himself. the idea that they’d gotten themselves anything implied a bad call on their end.

not surprising, she said. he shrugged, giving a flat but polite smile. ”no offense taken.”

at ' reply, he nodded, gaze shifting. ”sir, it got my aerodactyl, too. i’m just saying, it started expanding,” he gestured with his hands, ”before it happened. maybe it just doesn’t work out like that every time. could even have to do with the species—charizard and aerodactyl are both flying-types.”

took the floor, and bo wasn’t as offended by her request. he’d joined the rangers himself not out of his compassion for pokemon, but to look better. among the bleeding hearts, he was now a representative—but he knew well enough that few people had such selfless motivations as his fellow rangers.

his eyes drifted briefly to again over the exchange, wondering what his reaction might be, if any. the amount of alcohol he’d brought with him nearly implied a sort of mental resignation to begin with. exasperation, maybe. bo didn't figure he had an easy job.

he looked back, quickly deciding to step in first.

”i don’t know, hoffman. i wouldn’t be so quick to turn down capable help. we lost last time.” his ego strained. ”i don’t really wanna lose like that again, y’know?”
@registeelintheroom
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 15:43:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]
"Oh my god," it's not often that she says that, but manages to break through and annoy Katherine beyond expectations. That's just too much patronizing from one man.
[break][break]
"Just how thick is your head? Fine, I'll spell it out for you."
[break][break]
She isn't thrilled to do so, but someone has to. "No one can find this temple, correct? That means that no one can go there and get themselves killed either. If no one's at risk, then I see no point in going all Indiana Jones just to sate one man's curiosity."
[break][break]
"You'll have to excuse me for not wanting to deal with giant alien pokemon and another titan."
[break][break]
Katherine exhales and then breathes in. Some of her anger's been let out, so her tone grows softer, "With that said, I know I can find this temple— but I don't see any point in doing it just because. I will do it, as I already said, for the right price and with the right team."
[break][break]
He was right; she was part of the elite four. With the title came experience, and with the experience came the knowledge of people she'd like by her side and people she wouldn't. No one can fault her for wanting to avoid a repeat of last time.
[break][break]
"Next time you try to organize one of these meetings, try to have a little more faith in the people who've served this region longer and better than you have and will."

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-moon"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ registeelintheroom

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]