Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 9:20:25 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

would remain as sweet and thorned

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]Late Night Insomnia

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

Most nights, Elisabeth liked to read alone in her room.[break][break]

She would curl up in her bed with an old, familiar book as the dim glow of her lamp illuminated the shadows of her bedroom, granting her a pocket of light in the darkness. The window would remain open, curtains fluttering apart with the teasing glance of the wind; privacy was something she valued less and less as winter ended, preferring its cool winds to the suffocating heat that came with shuttered windows in spring.[break][break]

Tonight, however, the words on her pages blurred all into one another. The reasons for this were not worth dwelling on, in Elisabeth's mind. Her recent visit to Kalos with had disrupted her thoughts in many ways, and quieted them in others.[break][break]

Either way, the result was the same as most nights -- Elisabeth wished to distract herself from her own mind. Only tonight, her usual methods of doing so were in vain.[break][break]

As Elisabeth placed her book of poetry back on her nightstand, the dark surface of the phone screen next to it gleamed up at her tauntingly. She paused, considering the device. It had remained untouched in the week or so since had invited her to again make use of it.[break][break]

"I look forward to your next call, Miss Fiorelli."[break][break]

This puzzle held no such complex emotional intricacies, no uncomfortable glances inward. Yet it distracted the overworked gears of her mind all the same.[break][break]

If he wanted her to waste his time, then shouldn't she oblige him?[break][break]

It was an hour that most of Hoenn would have begun to retire to sleep. Neither she nor Silph, however, seemed to keep normal hours. So when the phone line connected, Elisabeth found herself surprisingly unfazed about her own breach of etiquette -- a calm certainty filled her that this was, in some ways, the hour preferred for him to receive a call like this one.[break][break]

Even so, she demurred politely as she spoke into the phone's speaker.[break][break]

"Good evening, Mr. Silph. I hope the hour is not too late?"

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

even in the ruins, flowers blossom and flourish

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#8fce00;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 8:00:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RESTLESS

CALLS AFTER MIDNIGHT ALWAYS SPELL TROUBLE

THE DIAL TONE RINGS several times before the familiar click of an established call silences the droning. in its stead, she’ll hear a background filled with copious conversation, some close by, many more further out, audible but indistinguishable.

it’s a personal call. don’t wait up.

fernando’s not speaking to her. his voice is too far from the phone. something like shuffling or scuffing cuts him off before his voice greets her with a soft hug.

not at all,” his voices starts to move. the volume varies as either he or his phone moves. “not at all. to what do i owe the pleasure, miss fiorelli?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 14:40:18 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

The sound of shuffling and murmured voices filtered in through the phone's static, a far cry from the silence that had settled over her own room like a heavy blanket in the darkness. Save for the soft snoring of the Leafeon in her lap, that is.[break][break]

"It was my turn to intrude upon your time unannounced, that is all."[break][break]

Elisabeth could have lied, invented some reason involving flowers or little black cards, but the night itself would have betrayed her reasoning. A hand idly brushed against her Leafeon's ears, petting them leisurely as she shrugged.[break][break]

"And I wondered if you might also be looking for a distraction."[break][break]

And had already confirmed that suspicion, hadn't he? Multiple times since answering her, in fact.[break][break]

"You councilmen keep late hours. What obligation am I keeping you from, I wonder?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 6:46:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RESTLESS

“AH.”

a small bell chimes, likely jingling from a door being opened. the sound of rain pitter patters in the background.

is that right?

she elicits the slightest of chuckles.

not much. just treating some employees out for the night. chaperoning, if you will.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 10:45:36 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

"Oh?"[break][break]

Elisabeth's mind turned over this new information, her mental image of shifting slightly with its re-assessment.[break][break]

Her late husband had done much the same with Bortiforte Industries, hadn't he, on occasion? Always returned home after in a cloud of alcohol, his esteem buoyed by his sea of yes-men. C-suite executives, mainly. Pretty secretaries and assistants, sometimes -- precious little effort was made to conceal that. Naturally, Bortiforte wasn't much for entertaining the bottom floor workers that formed the backbone of his operations.[break][break]

Then again. A fleeting smile, and the memory of her part-timer thoroughly enjoying herself in Slateport, came to mind.[break][break]

"I'll presume you aren't getting burgers at this hour."[break][break]

So what, then? Bars, perhaps, or was there some other business that might remain open this late at night? The Mauville night club that had taken her to flashed in her mind's eye, the idea of Fernando Silph cavorting in the sea of sweat and strobe lights with his Silph Co. staff somehow an immensely amusing one.[break][break]

"Enjoying yourself, then?"[break][break]

An unspoken invitation to depart, if he was, hung politely in the air.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 20:08:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RESTLESS

“IT’S TOO LATE FOR DINNER, I’M AFRAID.”

the bell chimes again but it cuts off suddenly. the sound of something closing makes the rain louder.

fair enough. i’m mostly here to make sure everyone gets home safely after i pick up their tab.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 20:40:06 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

"The joy of being the sole sober representative, I take it?"[break][break]

The Leafeon blinked up at her sleepily as he awakened, yawning as he stretched his legs out and crawled over her lap to nuzzle against her neck.[break][break]

The sensation of his fur against her skin tickled her into sudden, surprised laughter, the motion knocking her phone soundly to the floor. It clattered loudly before Elisabeth picked it up, her brief and bright startlement now replaced with a reproachful sigh.[break][break]

"You have all the grace of a Tauros in a tea shop," she chided the Leafeon as she brought the phone back to her ear.[break][break]

A brief pause. "Not you. My Leafeon. Unless you, too, enjoy knocking over things that don't belong to you."[break][break]

She was beginning to feel like a chaperone herself, albeit a poor one. Arceus only knew what that mess sounded like on the other end.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 8:51:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RESTLESS

“SOMETHING LIKE THAT.”

fernando listens in and assume as much from the sudden bangs.

can’t say that i do, fiorelli. i tend to build things up rather than break them down.

she’ll hear his own sounds. it’s not as loud, drowned out by a sudden rustling. it sounds like a flint, scratchy and metal.

i take it you're at home?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 11:57:34 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

"Guilty as charged. I'm not exactly keen on advertising my conversations with you in public, Mr. Silph."[break][break]

For many reasons. Among them, however, was the simple fact that conversations like these were more enjoyable in private.[break][break]

"However, I can't say that surprises me. Silph Co.'s reputation precedes you, even in other regions. You have built something impressive, there."[break][break]

Elisabeth rose from her bed and began to pace the room, followed faithfully by Clover as the Leafeon leapt down to join her by the window. The sounds on the other side of the phone provided a suggestive ambience of wherever, exactly, Silph and his employees had chosen to spend their night.[break][break]

Here, only a cool breeze from the Petalburg Woods filled the silence before Elisabeth spoke again.[break][break]

"I'm sure your staff appreciates your attention tonight. I still remember the sheer volume of flower arrangements you ordered. It is far more than most would do for their employees."[break][break]

Mere obligation? Or actual fondness. Both, Elisabeth quietly suspected.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 8:35:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RESTLESS

“OH?”

he laughs.

apologies for being your well kept secret fiorelli.

and then he goes quiet. the sound of a long inhale takes up the space of her comment but the sound of his exhale never comes through.

smoking in saffron has taught him better.

mmm. it isn’t much.

but she can probably feel his smile from half way across the region.

oh. ha. i think most of them are intimidated by me. they’re on the newer side.

he clicks his tongue.

it’s a small gesture compared to what they do for the company. for hoenn.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 10:18:44 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Une nuit blanche
[break][break]
[break]
His answering laugh resulted in a faint one of her own. "Are you?" she said, amused, as she leaned against the windowsill. "You don't sound very apologetic."

And then a brief span of silence fell, and Elisabeth comfortably fell into it as well, focusing her attention on the wilderness outside her window even as her thoughts remained elsewhere. Somewhere with a different bell on a door that wasn't closed for business, and rain falling outside a window with a different view.

She smiled at his deflection. "You can be modest if you like, then. I won't tell anyone."

Sometimes Elisabeth caught herself trying to predict him. Comparing him. Seeing the ways in which he was like what she expected and the ways in which he was not. It was like building a collage, one image at a time, until a larger picture began to make sense.

"Does that ever change over time, do you think? The intimidation they feel towards you."

A half-second's hesitation inserted itself, before a resolve was met to speak her silent observation aloud.

"You surprise me, sometimes."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Comms ✿ Late Night Insomnia ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 2:38:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RESTLESS

“DEPENDS ON THEIR EXPOSURE.”

which can be extended to all walks of life. those involved but not quite employed by him seem to have the same stance. with league associates more often intimidated up until this very day.

but those who get to know me usually say the same thing.

and it seems elisabeth finds her name also on that list.

only sometimes? i’ll take that as a pleasant surprise.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 7:36:54 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Une nuit blanche
[break][break]
[break]
Intimidation implied fear. A warranted emotion when in the presence of the powerful and wealthy, certainly, but wariness felt the more accurate descriptor for herself, in Elisabeth's mind.

Fear suggested an innate and persistent reason to be on the defensive. Wariness, however, came with the awareness of imbalance of power -- and of pitfalls that you could fall into easily, if you weren't paying attention.

Perhaps the two appeared identical, in practise. Although if she were afraid, Elisabeth wouldn't have called this number in the first place.

This time, it was him eliciting a soft chuckle from her. "Now I'm curious. Is it that you enjoy surprising people, or that people merely misunderstand you?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,758 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 7:49:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RESTLESS

“DON’T JUDGE ME.”

a deep breath comes before his answer. it comes out deeper than usual, obviously on purpose.

no one understands me… fiorelli.

he barely makes it through the whole sentence before the snickering comes out. sounds real enough on the phone but the expression behind it shows that it’s forced. all an act to seem more personable.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Restless [Phonecall]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 7:55:45 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Une nuit blanche
[break][break]
[break]
"I don't think anyone ever understands anyone, to be honest."

The only person who might have understood her was dead, after all. She'd seen to that personally.

And arguably, that man had never understood her in the first place.

"I'll ask you not to judge me, then: I'm not certain it's healthy to seek being understood. Most people can't be trusted with the knowledge."

Her Leafeon's tail swayed gently to and fro, dappled in the starlight of the window. The picturesque view seemed at odds with the cold cynicism of her following words:

"Better to be misunderstood than understood by the wrong person."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]