Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
tiny terror
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 1:25:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Spring was now in full swing in Hoenn; all across the region Pokémon were migrating back from their wintering grounds, flowers were abloom in abundance, and the weather was comfortably warm without being overbearing. It was a perfect time for Barnaby to take a few days of leave, enjoy himself outside of the ROCKET submarine, etc.

He had already packed his things in preparation. All that was left to do was to take a quick bathroom break before heading out. The communal restroom, so unassuming and outwardly safe, was unfortunately where he'd find a little wrench in his vacation plans.

Just after he'd lowered his pants but before sitting on the toilet, Barnaby had the sudden and unwelcome sensation of teeth on his ass. "What the actual fu—!" The pain was immediate and fucking sharp, but it wasn't sustained. A quick bite and then release.

Hurriedly drawing up his jeans and fumbling back a few steps, his eyes scanned every inch of the stall, looking for whatever the hell had just chomped his cheek. A hint of movement, a small streak of darkness - there! The little assailant was hiding behind the base of the toilet. Cautiously, Barnaby approached, leaning over the the porcelain lid and peering down.

Wait. What? No.

Huddled on the tile floor, wrapped around itself and cooing innocently, was an extreme miniature of 's Shadow LUGIA. It peered up at Barnaby with beady red eyes that honestly looked more dumb than hostile; with a sigh of disbelief, he picked up the baby biter and held it at arms length. Luckily, it didn't resist.

"Don't you try anything, you little shit." A warning matched with the most caustic glare Barnaby could muster.

A few minutes later, he found himself in the North Wing, just outside a certain superior's office. He knocked politely, waiting for acknowledgement before entering. "Pardon the intrusion, Underboss."

The LUGIA, still held outstretched and as far away from Barnaby as possible, now wiggled stupidly in Gavin's presence. "But I think this belongs to you?"

All Barnaby could think of as he clutched the tiny terror was whether or not Legendary Pokémon transmitted zoonotic diseases. He'd have to get the throbbing pain in his ass checked out after this.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
tiny terror
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 1:50:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin glances up as the motion sensor in front of his office door alerts him to a presence. The room itself was soundproof, the knock unheard, but he sees lift his hand and understands the intent well enough. What's he holding? The colour was familiar enough, but Gavin's thoughts don't immediately jump to such insane conclusions.

He's curious, though, and opens the door.

"... Oh."

It's the only thing he can think to say when confronted with this tiny, wriggling demonspawn of his legendary patron.

Except, here's the problem: Lugia doesn't have children, at least not that he knows about, and they've been partners for long enough that Gavin's certain he would've noticed. Or she'd have told him, surely. True, she wasn't much for idle conversation, but a baby?! He didn't even know legendary Pokemon could breed.

"I, ah, have never seen it before," he confesses, wide-eyed, though he does usher Barnaby into his office. "Close the door, please, in case it tries to run out. Fly... out? Can it fly?"

He has so many questions.

"Where did you, ah, find it?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
tiny terror
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 17:06:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby crossed the threshold into ’s office, closing the door behind him while still holding firm to the diminutive LUGIA in his hands. The thing was extra squirmy for some reason, wriggling around in earnest as the underboss peered down at it.

Gavin appeared as mildly confused as Barnaby was pointedly disconcerted. “I’m not sure if it can fly… it can certainly jump though...” The last part of his statement came out mumbled, the ache on his ass still actively bothering him. It was similar to a burning sensation… was that normal??

... I found it in the communal restroom, near the dormitories.” Barnaby hoped the underboss wouldn’t ask further probing questions, but somehow he doubted he’d be so lucky. Especially after his next admission.

It bit me.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
tiny terror
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 6:10:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Jump?" He doesn't think he's ever seen Lugia do that.

Baffled as he is fascinated, he gestures for Barnaby to hand the squirming not-Lugia over to him. It wriggles harder in his grasp, though he only tightens his grip as he steps around his desk. The creature's spiked purple tail narrowly misses knocking over a pot of flowers on the desk, and Gavin nudges them back and out of danger with his elbow.

Should Barnaby inspect the card sticking out of the soil, it would proclaim them as being from Fiorelli Floristry. He'd already taken out the vial of poison that had hidden in the soil, so the flowers stand now as a pleasant accent to the usually dour room.

"What the hell was it doing in the bathroom?"

It bit him. Gavin's an intelligent man. Logic suggests that if Barnaby had been in the bathroom, and he claimed to have been bitten without any visible signs of injury... oh, dear.

The underboss clears his throat.

"Have you gotten that taken care of?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
tiny terror
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 4:43:00 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It was a relief to transfer the writhing thing out of his hands and into the Underboss' awaiting arms. The delight of not having to be responsible for such a questionable troublemaker anymore was almost palpable.

Unfortunately for Gavin, however, the tiny LUGIA only pitched a larger fit as it traded hands, it's beaked mouth releasing a piercing screech as he walked a few steps behind his desk. The flowers narrowly missed it's assault, but Barnaby did notice the telltale logo of Fioerelli Floristry.

"You heard right. Jump. And I have no clue, honestly. It was hiding behind one of the toilets."

Again, he omitted specific details in order to save his dignity. Luckily Gavin didn't expound further, although his face hinted at an inference that Barnaby didn't dare humor.

"... Not yet, sir. I came straight here."

God, the look of shame and discomfort on 's face.

He, too, coughed to clear the air and break away from this particular part of the conversation.

"So, could it be Lugia's offspring? Is there any other possibility besides that?" Barnaby wasn't well-versed on Legendary lore. He had no idea if they could actually breed or not, or really how Legendary Pokémon came into being in the first place. It was always something he'd meant to study up on and never got around to.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
tiny terror
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 8:49:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's not the biggest fan of how these dots are connecting. If Finch got some kind of infection from the bite, wherever the unpleasant injury was sustained, their medical staff were going to have questions. Questions that would, inevitably, lead back to him.

As if he wasn't under enough stress.

Poor Barnaby looks incredibly uncomfortable, however, and so Gavin doesn't press the issue further. Instead, he focuses on the follow-up question: was that possible?

"I don't know," he admits. "She's asleep, but..."

He's loathe to wake his legendary patron except for emergencies, but this had to qualify, didn't it?

Red eyes blink open in the window behind them, then narrow.

THAT IS NO CHILD OF MINE.

Her telepathic voice, deep and fringed with corruption, can be heard by just as clearly. She knows more, she has to know more, but this cryptic declaration is the only help they'll receive from the legendary. Her eyes close.

"Then what are you?"

It all but melts in his hands.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
tiny terror
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 19:29:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Gavin said that LUGIA was asleep, but only moments after the statement left his lips a pair of terrifyingly crimson eyes opened behind him. Somehow, Barnaby hadn’t even noticed the glass, so absorbed was he in the little abomination in the Underboss’ arms. The glass - or the creature within it - had his full attention now.

Her voice reverberated in his mind, suppressive and foreboding, denying the diminutive LUGIA as one borne of her flesh and blood. Somehow, even though the words were simply intangible thoughts within his head, the chill that ran through Barnaby’s body was very much a physical thing. He found his gaze locked with the Legendary Pokemon’s, unable to look away. Darkness began to seep into the edges of his consciousness… he felt himself being drawn into those horrible eyes…

Moments pass, feeling like an eternity, until LUGIA’s eyelids press shut. The spell is broken.

Barnaby released a deep breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding. His hands were clammy, his arms dotted with beads of cold sweat. The power that had just invaded his mind was stronger than any he’d felt before. To be the avatar to such a Pokemon was deeply impressive. Looking to , the respect he’d already felt for the Underboss grew immensely.

A respect that was not afforded to the pink blob that was now melting in his hands. Barnaby blinked, silent. His expression morphed from one of awe to a deadpan stare.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
tiny terror
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 17:47:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There's a long silence after Lugia closes her eyes, but Gavin's anger is apparent in the thin press of his lips and the miasma that wisps and swells around him. Having dropped the Ditto onto his desk the moment it had morphed away from the tiny visage of his legendary patron, he now stares it down with that unchecked fury.

"There is a line," he says, his voice soft but cold as ice. "It has been crossed. You will never assume her likeness again."

He's already had to lecture this stupid Ditto about not turning into him

His gaze shifts to Barnaby, and for a moment the cold fire is evident before it dims and softens. His rage, clearly, is not directed at Finch.

"I must apologise on behalf of this fool of a Pokemon. Were they not such a rare species, I'd certainly get rid of it." He shoots another pointed glance at the sulking pink blob before returning his attention to Barnaby. "With that out of the way, I don't believe it has any... conditions you'd need to be worried about, though I'll certainly have our labs run some tests."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
tiny terror
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 1:02:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby watched the scene before him unfold with that same deadpan expression. There was no way in hell he'd let himself emote anything but underwhelmed shock in the presence of an outraged . Who knew if his anger could extend to those around him, too?

Barnaby honestly knew little of his superior's temperament, actually, save for what he witnessed in the atelier.

Thankfully, when Gavin's gaze lifted upward, his face had softened in the moment between reprimanding his DITTO and addressing his subordinate.

"No need to apologize, sir. The mystery is solved thanks to you." Without Gavin's influence the miniature LUGIA could be chomping the cheeks of even more unsuspecting ROCKETs right now. Speaking of...

Oh god. Not the tests. Barnaby cleared his throat yet again before replying. "... thank you, Underboss Merlino. I'll stop by the infirmary on my way out."

With that, he shifted his stance slightly, waiting to be dismissed.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
tiny terror
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 9:56:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin recalls the misbehaving Ditto to its pokeball, setting the capsule into a drawer of his desk before closing it. A click of his tongue stirs a Klefki from his belt; it jingles merrily as it drifts over to the drawer to lock it.

Gavin's Sylveon, who had been sleeping beneath the desk, rouses also with the noise and lets out a sleepy trill as it winds around his thigh, releasing its calming energies in an attempt to quell the underbosses anger.

Recognizing Barnaby's continued discomfort, Gavin offers a tight, apologetic smile.

"Thank you again for bringing this to my attention. You're free to go."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
tiny terror
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 23:44:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: