awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 3:49:02 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Is there anything you'd like to cover before our match?" The presiding gym leader speaks over to Mint as they entered. Sitting where the crowd would, if he had crowds, Derek could be seen enjoying a snack.

Well, really it was his lunch. A smoked stick of meat, like a slim jim or something, but produced locally.

Thankfully he had plans to get dinner with someone later, and so lightly starving himself wouldn't hurt...much. "I don't recall the pokemon you signed up with, but I hope you'll be bringing your best." With that said he chewed the rest of his food, standing to turn and face Mint. He feels like they've met before, but rather than be rude and get it wrong, he allows them to choose how they'd proceed from this point on.
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 1:43:25 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Uhh...I mean- I can wait if you're in the middle of a lunch break." Mint said with a polite smile, waving off the gym leader. He paused at the mention before blurting out a quick apology. "Oh! Sorry about that! I-I'll just pull from the ones I had during other gym challenges!" he said. [break][break]

He grabbed a dive ball off his belt before releasing his Blastoise. They appeared as just the shell, with the trainer having to shout to wake them up. "Hey! HEY! Shellshocker! I'm pulling you for battle!" There's a loud groan as slowly the pokemon's limbs came out of hiding and the turtle pokemon yawned visibly as he stepped onto the pitch. "He's spoiled, but he packs a punch with those canons! I'm trying to find his a Blastoisite or whatever they're called." Mint said with a big grin. Shellshokcer wasted no time, cracking his fat neck and glowing, flesh and shell glistening like metal as he started off with IRON DEFENSE without hesitation. "HEY WAIT-! Stop rushing my battles!" Mint complained as his pokemon took the first move.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break][break]

- shellshocker the blastoise used IRON DEFENSE [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://thumbs3.imgbox.com/82/28/ZblyKaOs_b.jpg); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 1:09:59 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"No, no. That's alright. It's my job, and this is the schedule." Besides, he'd finished his snack by now and sent out his own pokemon. As for the other part they mentioned...

"That's too bad, though." Derek enjoyed the Squirtle line, and the chance to battle one capable of mega-evolution would be great experience for his pokemon. Especially the one he'd just sent out, which he only battled wild pokemon with. Once or twice at that.

This inexperience bred caution, his Claydol taking time to examine the Blastoise and the added security it's shell provided.

"Alright Sepiks, do your thing!" The application of Ancient Power would be swift, testing the defenses of their opponent, and perhaps more...

hbE9danQ

Sepkis used Ancient Power
10% chance (1-10) to raise all stats
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 3:45:03 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint gave Derek a thumbs up. If he insisted, Mint would cooperate. Hopefully they could end this quick in either person's win so Derek could get something more substantial than a quickie meat stick in his mouth. [break][break]

As the ANCIENT POWER began to manifest and assault his Blastoise with psychic energy, Shellshocker covered his face taking the brunt of the attack. Mint would take the opportunity to continue his set ups. "Rain Dance! You got this buddy!!" he shouted as the Blastoise tucked inside his shell, spinning rhythmically in a circle. The only sticking out was his little tail which when it came around to face Derek and Sepiks, they'd both see it was wagging around in a pattern. [break][break]

Soon enough raindrops began to manifest and pour as sheets of rain were summoned. Mint was already popping out a bubble umbrella, he'd tucked away in his bag. "Sorry!" he shouted at the gym leader.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

- shellshocker the blastoise used rain dance (1/5)
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://thumbs3.imgbox.com/82/28/ZblyKaOs_b.jpg); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 19:29:01 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
'Apologizing during battle? That's a first.' Though it was pretty annoying to be rained on indoors. There was no further shelter to escape to, after all. Well, maybe Derek could summon a pokemon to shield him from the rain.

But he didn't.

Commanding a Hyper Beam of his Claydol, it quickly focalized it's power and launched the attack straight for the Blastoise, erupting with enough power to push itself back several paces. What kind of effect it would have on the Blastoise and it's heavily armored shell, however, was beyond him. They'd just have to wait and see...

Sepkis used Hyper Beam!
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 4:21:28 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Derek doens't say much, not that Mint had any time to pay attention to that now. His focus settled on his partner, dripping wet in the rain. The temperature dropped a few degrees from the cooling sheets of rain.[break][break]

Before Mint can begin calling out the combo they'd set up for, the Claydoll quickly gathered and blasted a blinding attacking from a single point in front of him. Before Mint can call it, Shellshocker propped up a PROTECT, trying to absorb the damage. The green translucent panel did it best to take the hit for him, cracking and chipping form the blast before falling to pieces once the attacked had ended. "You good?!" Mint asked, amazed Shellshocker hadn't taken more of that damage.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

- shellshocker the blastoise used rain dance (2/5)
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 7:14:26 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Expecting Mint and their Blastoise to go on the offensive, their application of the move protect is a bit of a disappointment. Derek would've liked to see it clash with a Hydro Pump or something of that nature from one of the water type's cannons, but that would have to wait...

The same went for his pokemon's next move, as the Claydol needed time to gather it's strength after loosing such a powerful blast. "Good one, Sepiks! They won't be able to stop much more of those!" As time drew on, it was obvious Mint and the Blastoise were drawing closer to their next course of action. "Just watch out for those cannons!"

Sepiks is resting after the Hyper Beam!
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 0:26:14 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Rain still pouring, Mint debates whether hitting hard now or upping defense. Shellshocker is too lazy to do it on his own after all. "Start moving in with HYDRO PUMP!" He said granting Derek's wish as whirring noises emitted form his Blastoise as the giant turtle because to move forward, closing the distance between himself and the Claydoll. As he stomped forward the canons clicked into gear, whirring as they powered up before launching a powerful blast of water forward. Any other creature would've been pushed back by the force itself, but Shellshocker was used to it. He thought anyway. Mint gasped watching his pokemon wobble, surprised by the force of the water this time but then remembering 'oh yeah the rain.'. "Stay close!" he ordered. Shellshocker was far less mobile than Sepiks, better to cut the distance now than wait for them to do it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

- shellshocker the blastoise used rain dance (3/5)
- shellshocker the blastoise used hydro pump
- shellshocker the blastoise moves closer to sepiks
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 9:19:00 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
As the Blastoise closed the distance, Derek anticipated it's next move and quickly ordered his Claydol to counter. "Sepiks, use your Earth Power!" Though not in time to interrupt the entirety of their attack, the earth ruptured at Shellshocker's feet in time to prevent the whole sum of the attack to strike it's target.

Though it was still enough to fling the pokemon back, rag-dolling against the ground and leaving scrape marks along the floor. "That was just a taste, Sepiks. Get ready for the next one." Sure enough, the advantage of this weather as well as Shellshocker's stellar defense was making for quite the challenge. So much that Derek doubted their chances of success, but would never discourage his pokemon by saying so.

- Sepiks uses EARTH POWER on Shellshocker!
- The EARTH POWER compromises Shellshocker's footing, reducing how much of it hit (damaged) the Claydol by a small margin!
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 21:55:34 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Shellshocker was barreling towards Sepiks, mouth open and a bright white ball of energy forming as he prepared the next attack: FLASH CANON. As soon as he's ready to send off the beam, his footing loosened an the beam cut a straight diagonal upwards as the giant turtle fell over and skidded on his shell opposite of his attack. The earth was slick and he ended up bounding on the side of the arena before skidding to a halt and beginning to turtle right side up. [break][break]

"Give him a second he's stub challenged!" Mint shouted as the Blastoise rocked itself back and forth until it finally flipped over. "Shellshocker?!" he asked only to hear and embarrassed grunt from his pokemon. His earring began glowing, with the Blastoise in turn resonating with him. "Go hard or go home, big guy." he said as the Blastoise's canons whirred and changed as he was engulfed in a weird light. [break][break]

blastoisite by fonz [break][break]

"Head out, Shellshocker!" he said as the tutrtle slammed one engorged foot down in front of the other. The weight of the canons increased by who knew how much. Again, whirring as he took aim before blasting off another HYDRO PUMP.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc tyyy for letting me use these cute giffies ;;;; [break]

- shellshocker the blastoise used rain dance (4/5) [break]
- shellshocker the blastoise MEGAEVOLVED (1/3) [break]
- shellshocker the blastoise used HYDRO PUMP [break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 21:36:32 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Observing the mega-evolved Blastoise carefully, Derek knew he wouldn't be able to get the warning out quick enough. As his mouth opened to tell his Claydol to dodge, a HYDRO PUMP erupted from it's cannon, striking it's target directly and thrusting it against the wall next to Derek with an enormous thud.

It was no surprise that the pokemon blacked out.

allowing it to remain there momentarily, Derek reveals his second pokemon. The Machamp that takes the field is quick to realize the special power it's opponent wields. He's also familiar with it. "Sock'em good! For Sepiks!"

Randal turned to see it's ally unconscious on the ground before nodding towards Derek. Leaping forward, a decisive DYNAMIC PUNCH would see to it that the Blastoise didn't have such an easy time dealing with him.

- Sepiks has been KNOCKED OUT
- Randal uses DYNAMIC PUNCH (100% CONFUSION/HIT RATE)
- Roll
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 4:17:55 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Shellshocker lets out a huff watching his water canons hit his target and promptly cuts off waterflow once he heard a harsh thud against a wall. Mint is still on his toes, now the time limit was on for Shellshocker, and HE was well aware Machamps share the same type of capability given the right stone. Cold sweat pricked at his armpits and the back of his neck. "Shellshocker don't let-" he was going to say 'up' but Randal came rolling in. [break][break]

In an instant the much faster pokemon slammed a glowing fist right into the giant turtle's face, practically knocking the turtle to the side. It damn well might've had it not been twice it's size now. Shellshocker swayed back and forth dangerously like a drunk, clearly CONFUSED. "Snap out it, boy!" he shouted worry creasing the nervous smile he'd worn just a minute ago. "HYDRO PUMP!" he added before watching the big turtle doofus slap hismelf.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break]

- shellshocker the blastoise used rain dance (5/5) [break]
- shellshocker the blastoise MEGAEVOLVED (2/3) [break]
- shellshocker the blastoise is CONFUSED[break]
- shellshocker the blastoise hurt itself in its confusion [break]
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 7:37:28 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Your Blastoise better get a hold of itself!" Derek calls out, knowing well that it may already be too late. Revealing a mega keystone just as Mint did before, the gym leader's pokemon goes through a dramatic transformation before they make their next move.

"Randal, you know what to do!" Their training together had resulted in a new move. One that focused the Machamp's power—and it's allies, if it had any present. Lunging forward into Shellshocker, a chi strike would cause it to feel the entirety of the Machamp's power coursing through the fiber of it's very being.

It may have felt like it's shell should shatter or be completely obliterated, but in reality the scars this attack left were mental. It was the next move, should the Blastoise still be conscious, that they should be worried about.

- Randal mega-evolved!
- Randal uses G-Max Chi Strike!
- Randal's Crit Ratio increases by one!
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 4:57:31 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

His Blastoise couldn't get it together actually. As Mint called out to him, Shellshocker tried to snap out of it only to shoot his HYDRO PUMP at a side of the arena. He's so confused he doesn't see the Mega'd Machamp coming. The G-MAX CHI STRIKE connects, slamming the heavy turtle pokemon backwards and into a wall. Mint's head almost gets whiplash trying to follow. "Shellshocker?!" he called out incredulously. [break][break]

The Blastoise reverted to it's previous form and didn't get up. He's down for the count. Shit. Shit shit shit. He reached over for another pokeball releasing his second pokemon. The Luxray stretched, eyes glaring at his opponent. Eyes flash with INTIMIDATE as he waited for orders. "DISCHARGE, keep your distance from them!" The Luxray snarled, releasing a wave of electricity.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc [break]

- shellshocker the blastoise hurt itself in its confusion [break]
- shellshocker the blastoise fainted [break]
- cacio the luxray used DISCHARGE [break]

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
house of devils [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:24:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: