part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
refuel [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:55:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Ah, fuck.

A groan pulls from Angelo's throat in tandem with the stretching of his arms above his head, fingers intertwined as joints pop and tense muscles extend.

Think I'm gonna need a professional massage when I'm back in Hoenn.

In the sky, time seemed to be lost on the pilot.

Only the protests of his stiff limbs when he finally sets foot on solid earth again reminding him that he was no bird. That earthly tethers remained, even when you can't see it behind the pretty mist of cloud.

After a good six hours airborne, Angelo had landed his seaplane on the creatively named Seven Island of the Sevii archipelago. Now the pilot stands upon the wooden dock, stretching and soaking up the fresh air.

After some research, he'd decided to pitch Sevii Islands for their layover. Despite the travel advisory, apparently plenty of other pilots and sailors confirmed there was a level of flexibility when it came to entry here, despite the Rocket occupation.

They decided it was worth the brief risk.

How're you holding up? Think we're making better time than I estimated.” He asks his passenger and client, , as they begin their short refuelling stop.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
refuel [c]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 3:38:51 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
A small sigh of relief escaped Rowan’s lips as they landed on the shores of the Sevii Islands, quick to escape the confines of the sea plane as soon as Angelo informed him it was safe to do so. “I’m doing fine, thank you.” He lied, offering a small smile towards the man. Heights didn’t bother Rowan, and neither did the concept of flying itself, but the cramped nature of the vessel was more than enough to ignite the claustrophobia within him. “So, this is the Sevii Islands, huh?”

The tropical climate wasn’t unlike that of Hoenn’s own, but the landscape was far different. Should there have been more time, he would have liked to explore the islands and the Pokémon that inhabited the area. “Since we’re ahead of schedule, think we have enough time for a drink?” Rowan asked, nodding towards the beach-side bar, a short walk from the refueling station.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
refuel [c]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 17:49:22 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
With a hand rising to his brow, Angelo shields his gaze from the dazzling afternoon sunlight as he partakes in a quick scan of the island.

More often than not the dots of land in which he trails were scarcely inhabited. Mirage Islands were not exactly what you would call family friendly, after all.

It takes a good portion of his willpower for Angelo to not suggest they go check out the looming tower to the north, peeking out behind rocky peaks of the small islet town.

Thankfully, his companion steers his direction away from the call of curiosity. Replacing the looming promise of rocky outlets and awaiting mysteries with a bar, bright and cheerful on the beach.

Sounds good to me. You go on ahead, I'll just be a minute while I sort this out.” Giving Rowan a little pat on the shoulder, the pilot starts towards a manned shack on old docks to sort out payment for the fuel.

Halfway there, Angelo turns back around, hand cupped around his mouth as he calls for Rowan's attention.

Oh! Get me the Kantonian's version of a Charja Cola, will ya?

Last thing they needed was a tipsy pilot.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 1:44:23 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Will do!” What even was the Kantonian version of the Charja-cola? Guess he would find out. Rowan entered the sea-side establishment, slipping into the closest seat available at the bar and flagging down the bartender. “I’ll have a whiskey on the rocks, and a Charja-cola for my friend.” A few moments later a glass was set in front of him, and a can at the seat beside him. “Mountain Dewgong?” Hopefully that was close enough.

Amber eyes searched the building, scoping out the other patrons and their business. It wouldn’t take long for Rowan’s gaze to land on a group of men sitting at the corner booth, watching the room much like himself. “Shit.” He muttered underneath his breath, recognizing the uniforms they were wearing almost immediately.

The moment Angelo sat down, Rowan muttered to him in a low tone. “Team Rocket at 2 o’clock.” He didn’t allow himself another glance at the men, idly sipping at the liquor he’d ordered. As long as they finished their drinks and left quickly, he’d hoped there wouldn’t be any problems.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 9:25:39 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Thanks,” is all Angelo has time to say as he slips onto the cracked leather bar stool beside Rowan, discreet warnings sticking a pin in any potential conversation.

Looks like they'd wandered straight into Team Rocket's Seven Island waterhole.

Guess travel advisories are there for a reason.

Ignore 'em.

Picking up the glass full of sparkling - and suspiciously luminous coloured - Mountain Dewgong, the pilot takes a non-assuming sip.  

Angelo smacks his lips at the overpoweringly artificial, sweet fizz of the drink hitting the roof of his mouth. And yet it's not quite strong enough to completely block out the sensation of eyes from the booth, burning into the back of his neck.

Maybe they're pissed we got the last Mountain Dewgong,” he mumbles quietly under his breath to his companion, injecting a little light-heartedness into the situation.

Best not add further cause for concern to his client, after all. They'd just drink, then leave.

Unless Team Rocket try something first.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 7:21:01 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Perhaps.” As amusing as the concept was, Rowan doubted that to be the case. Team Rocket didn’t operate without purpose, there was a reason for the sideways glances that were being shot in their direction, searching the two of them for something unknown. “Thanks.” He’d slide a few bills across the countertop to the bartender, tipping his drink upwards and finishing off the rest of the liquor. “Let’s go.”

The sounds of footsteps behind them as they exited the establishment weren’t a surprise, expecting to be followed to their destination. “We’re not getting out of here without a scrap.” Rowan muttered underneath his breath to Angelo, already grasping one of the Pokéballs at his hip.

Whether this was your typical robbery, or something more didn’t matter. Team Rocket wasn’t going to let them leave in their plane so easily. "Ready?"

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 15:00:03 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Rowan seems about as keen to stay as Angelo is about finishing his drink.

Bar stool scraping loudly across the wooden grain, the pilot leaves the overtly artificial Mountain Dewgong half consumed.

Thanks,” he bids to the bartender anyway, respecting his client's wishes to bounce. Wordlessly, he acknowledges the warning, hands casually slipping into his jacket pocket to curl around a pokeball.

They make it a handful of steps from the door, before two hands reach out, boldly gripping both Angelo and Rowan's shoulders in a bid to stop them from leaving.

Ey, 'old up a second there, boys!” Sniffs a thin-faced, Rattata of a man with eyes that greedily, and all too smugly, glean. Angelo raises a brow, taking note of a few pokemon that lingered in their shadows.

We couldn't 'elp but notice that you didn't pay your docking fee after you landed. It's 250PD an hour. 'ope you weren't thinkin' of leavin' before payin' your dues, would hate to impound such a pretty lil bird.

Angelo casts Rowan a slow glance out of the corner of his eye. He'd already paid the harbour master. Obviously.

They're just out for a quick and easy dollar.

Oh, how they've misjudged.

Really? Shit. That would be a problem...” He hums in breezy contemplation, although the Dragapult that materialises in a blink of red energy contradicts any such casual facade.

Like a whip, the Dragapult's wispy tail cracks towards a nearby Koffing, the luminescent DRAGON TAIL ejecting it from the building threshold.

Embarrassingly, for them, the slap sends it bouncing against the sand like a beach volleyball.

Then we should head outside and see if we can come to a deal, hm?

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 20:56:56 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Angelo makes the first move, this allows Rowan to plan his own more carefully. As the Koffing soared through the air from the force of Dragon Tail, alert eyes caught the movement of an Arbok looking to strike at the pilot while distracted. Lips pursed together and whistled out a sharp tune, a wordless command to a Pokémon he’d already unleashed before entering the establishment.

Natasha, his Inteleon, lined up the shot from the shadows. Snipe Shot hit the serpent directly between the eyes, flinging them backwards into the thatch walls of the bar, crashing through into the interior. “So, boys. Are we sure we want to do this?” Rowan asked with a small smirk, the Inteleon leaping from their perch in the palm tree down to the wooden walkway.

“Hell yeah we do, runt.” A new voice called out, another group of ruffians donning black caps and dark clothing, a single crimson ‘R’ emblazoned on the chest.

Goddamnit, more of them?

“Hope you’re ready, Angelo.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 18:57:56 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
As the Arbok soars past him, force of the Inteleon's shot sending it careening back into the bar to a sharp chorus of destruction, Angelo shoots his companion a nod of appreciation.

And a smirk of amusement, wholly unconcerned. “Looks like our friends here are displaying symptoms of 'Benched Players Syndrome'.

No doubt the small group of Rocket members, dressed in their uniform best, were bored out of their skulls stationed out here in the quiet Sevii Islands. Their arrival must've seemed like a plate of carbs after long months of fasting.

Oh, I am. Pretty sure they're not, though,” he breezily responds to , stepping through the newly created hole within the drinking establishments thatched, straw walls. 

Beneath the Seven Island sunshine, a whistle brings Zulu 2 out of the darker bar depths, and an INFESTATION of Dreepy, too. The younger ghostly forms covering the Koffing and its trainer, sticking to them with persistent sharp teeth and determined battle warbles.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 17:06:55 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
The dilemma of fighting against Team Rocket as one of their own was certainly one that Rowan would have preferred to have time to consider, but would find none was available. Amber eyes were able to spot the Krookodile as it emerged from the sands, narrowly able to avoid the snapping jaws that attempted to latch onto his legs. “Fucking Kantos…” He muttered underneath his breath, rearing back his leg to kick the Pokémon away from him. “Natasha!”

A howl of pain escaped from the Krookodile’s mouth as a Scale Shot smashed into the side of their face, knocking them onto their back with minimal effort from the Inteleon. “Thanks.” Rowan would take the brief moment of reprieve to re-align with his Pokémon, not wanting to be too far from them around the bloodthirsty Kantonian Rockets.

“Oi, Angelo! There’s bound to be more, how long does it take to get the plane ready?” Buying the pilot enough time to get the engine started would be their best effort to get off this island alive, and he’d rather not die to these Theo Jr.’s.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 17:43:47 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Give me a few minutes to get her ready, then she's all yours.” Comes the response, unabashed and mischievous in the face of a scrap.  

Boots thumping against the wood of the docks, Angelo's shoulder clips against one of the approaching Rocket grunts, sending them into the drink with a perfect Wilhelm scream.

Zulu 2, start your engines, baby!” Comes the order on bared teeth, revelling in the pounding of thundering hearts and the race of the clock.

He'd always been a sucker for challenges with high stakes and a kick of adrenaline.

As Angelo clambers into the cockpit, having half shoved and half thrown the fee for the fuel into the attendants' hand, the hollows of the Dragapult's horns begin to glow...

And the engines begin to roar.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 19:28:19 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I can do that!” Rowan called out towards Angelo, motioning for the Inteleon to position herself between Team Rocket and the seaplane. “No restrictions, Natasha.” A gleam lit up the eyes of the Pokémon, an uncharacteristic smirk spreading across their lips at the magic words that had just been spoken.

Not one but both hands formed into the shape of a gun, pointing them both down the docks towards the encroaching enemies, both Pokémon and Team Rocket alike. “Unleash hell.” Rowan muttered underneath his breath, watching as Natasha began rapid firing Snipe Shot from both of her hands.

A hail of watery bullets crashed into the men, women and Pokémon, blasting them with the full force of the move, uncaring for the damage that could be caused in the process. The roar of an engine caused Rowan to snap his attention away from the carnage, running down the docks and climbing into his seat on the plane.

“Natasha, we’re going!” A hand reached out the window, a stream of crimson light returning the Inteleon to their Pokéball, leaving behind a scene of mayhem and destruction in their wake.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 12:48:21 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
While the Inteleon takes care of their pursuers with precise aim, Zulu 2 covers the advancement of Team Rocket's reinforcements. From her hollowed horns, four HYDRO CANNON rays shoot towards the grunts and their pokemon alike, sending them sprawling in an eruption of water. 

Happy with its full tank the seaplane coasts along the dock, propellor speed increasing with a roar as it prepares to coast along the ocean for take-off. As it approaches the end of the pier, a boot kicks open the passenger door of the cockpit, Angelo ushering with a wave.

Let's go, Rowan! Think we've outstayed our welcome!

It's only when they're in the sky, leaving the angry group of Rockets treading water in the docks, that Angelo lets out a laugh through the coms. With a flash of teeth, knuckles reach over towards the Suicune chaser to smack his arm in a universal gesture of nice one.

That went better than expected. How'd you like the Sevii Islands?

It's a moot point. Somehow, Angelo doesn't think they'd be welcomed back.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
refuel [c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 4:39:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: