672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
pedals to the metal [c/m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 17:29:22 GMT
nina larson Avatar
vulpix did a lap, intrigued. exploration went unimpeded, the fox soon poking her head around at the sleeping chimecho on duty.

meanwhile, nina didn’t care much for the name drop to a stranger, associate or not. she preferred to do her own introductions, as evident by the way her lips pressed together in a reluctant smile back at parker. the divide just kept growing.

she didn’t respond to sal. it wasn’t a pleasure to be here, and she decided not to put on an act for him. that wasn’t rude, right?

”vulpix. psps, come on.”

small paws soon followed her into the restricted room, looking about. there was always a sinking feeling, nowadays. she held togepi a little closer and looked over her shoulder to ensure parker was following, untrusting.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 0:11:28 GMT
parker jones Avatar
seems nina's not as keen on the job as parker is. ah, well. they're stuck with each other for now anyway. she lopes after nina and ducks into the room with her, closing the door behind her with her hip. the vulpix looks around curiously, but it's probably not as interesting in here as it is out there with the smells of caramel and candy. 

parker goes to a filing cabinet in the corner of the room. a slip of paper, stained yellow with age and thumbprints, scrawled with the number six, labels the middle drawer. parker opens it and grabs a folder from it. 

she tosses it onto the table in front of nina. "mkay, so here's the plan. i'm gonna steal the engine and then you're gonna steal it from me. howzat sound?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
somewhere between pixie hollow and purgatory
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 2:47:46 GMT
nina larson Avatar
once again, parker knew exactly what was going on. once she’d briefly glanced around the room, her eyes followed her savvy partner as she pulled out the folder with the 6 on it.

it hit the table, and she reached for it. before she could flip through the folder, parker was already explaining the switcheroo scenario. nina gave a puzzled scrunch of her brow, eyes still on the contents of the folder.

“mkay, fine. why?”

maybe she had the answer literally in her hands, but she asked anyway.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 3:48:08 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker twists a chair around and plops into it, arms crossed over the top. she drops her chin down on her arms and then lazily points to the folder, flicking it open with a skimmed finger. 

"'cause while you were grabbin' sal's cut, i was makin' a big fuckin' deal 'bout stealing it. it's a hot commodity, y'know, but most o' these fuckers are scared to do anythin' about it. but i steal it? i get a real big target on my head."

she grins, stretching a still-healing split lip. "snatch it out from under me? li'l miss nobody? they ain't gonna know where to look." she nods and then shrugs her shoulders. 

"less ya got a better idea, partner. i'm all ears."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 11:14:58 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she read through the contents of the folder, pulling it smoothly away from parker’s fingers.

”that’s actually pretty clever.”

her partner’s prompt didn’t receive a response. nina was busy reading, which she made further evident by holding up one well-manicured finger off the edge of the paper. once she was finished, she shut the folder, and looked up again.

”no, i don’t have a better idea, obviously.”

sliding the folder back to parker, she crossed her arms, the trace of a smile indented under her cheeks.

”let’s steal an engine, then.”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 1:10:34 GMT
parker jones Avatar
she tilts her head, smirk rolling on her lips, as nina reads the file. she thinks it's a damn good plan herself, but really if nina had something to bring to the table, she'd at least give her an audience. after all, while nina's green with this neck of the woods, parker can't say she's stolen something like this before. 

nina sets the folder down and parker scrapes it up with a "whoop!" 

there's a polite knock on the door and then sal's withered face pokes in. he smiles when parker gives him a thumbs up and then he opens the door wider, gesturing for the two to follow him. 

"sal's been kind enough to open up his garage 'n let us stash it. gonna keep it here 'til race day." the blue raspberry pop clicks as she shifts it to the other side of her mouth. "how are ya behind the wheel, by the way," she adds as she opens the back door and flicks the lights on in sal's storage garage. 
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 10:08:30 GMT
nina larson Avatar
shiny nails flinched away, retracting from parker’s enthusiasm as she took back the files.

the heads of both nina and her vulpix turned at the sound of the door opening—nina’s maybe a hair quicker. trauma was a bitch. she was just waiting for the next sabotage, the next attack, the next trap. she was alert. she was ready—or at least, her instincts and reflexes were.

but it was just sal, polite, smiling, old. harmless, and helping them?

”great.”

after returning the smile in the most genuine and trusting way she could fake, her eyes skimmed back to parker.

”i’ve driven a couple times.”

which somehow sounded better than twice.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 23:21:05 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"fan-fuckin'-tastic," parker says and her enthusiasm is genuine, downright up to no good. she pokes around the garage and paces a little bit, nodding to herself. it'll be a squeeze, but they'll manage to get whatever she needs in here. and bax'll be here waiting and ready to work on the car with her throughout the night - there's no doubt about that. 

all of this actually coming together really does put some energy in her. 

"sounds peachy. well, take a nap or do whatever the fuck ya wanna for the next few hours. be at the warehouse on third 'round one." she snickers. "and make sure to throw a few good punches at me, eh? gotta put on a show."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 5:35:24 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina’s eyebrows hopped up and down once on her forehead at parker’s reaction. if they’d wanted a skilled driver, they should have checked with her first. she’d have told them fuck no.

a finger twirled a strand of hair as she listened to the next instructions. whatever she wanted to do for a few hours. sounded good to her.

”okay. but fair warning, i hit better than i drive.”

it was true, but not saying much, maybe.

with togepi still in her arms, she led vulpix towards the door of the garage, calling back as she left, ”see you in a few hours.”

down the street they’d go, to a small bookstore she’d seen on their way in. by thirty minutes ‘til one, she had consumed nearly an entire breakfast recipe book. when it was time to go, forcing her find (after purchase of course) into her small backpack was difficult. once rounded leather took on an awkward shape with jutting, ugly corners. she cringed at it.

”i need a bigger bag…” always.

but she slung it over her shoulders anyways, and out and about she went again. around one, she was close to the warehouse, eyes peeled for parker.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 20:33:06 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker watches her go, gaze lingering a few moments longer than it ought to. she grabs a couple more pieces of candy and pockets them before waving her way out the door, calling to sal to be ready by two. old coot's a light sleeper, but that doesn't mean she wants to have to bang on the garage door and make a scene when it comes down to it. 

while nina peruses the bookstore and goes about the rest of her day, parker spends a few hours skulking the warehouse. remus and faustus do a bulk of the work; the former's aura reading abilities give her some insight to how much heat she'll have to pack to get in there. the latter helps her with positioning. 

when night finally falls, she tugs on her jacket, pulls her hood over her head, and goes in. 

amulius stays low for now and the rest of her team rests on her hip. with remus at her side, she's able to dispatch the guards by the side door quite easily. with extreme speed, even the mightyena one of them manages to send out gets socked in the head before it can properly alert anyone else. 

remus' eyes flicker and she releases her chokehold. both lackeys fall to the ground. the lucario neatly steps over his and paws open the door, appendages rising slowly as he scans the interior. 

meanwhile, around the front, amulius and faustus have begun their distraction. several more guards holler and go to help while the grunts out front are knocked around by parker's birds. she snickers and follows remus inside. only two are left in front of their prize and they startle when they see her. 

parker and remus could incapacitate them, but they don't. instead, she draws her hood down and snickers, and the battle begins. 
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 5:31:57 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she came out of nowhere.

with a battle-cry, nina was swinging her backpack—and the heavy book inside—off her shoulder with fierce intent. it was slung by the strap at one of the lackey’s heads from behind, knocking them over a piece of equipment with the power of knowledge.

joining her, instead of the vulpix or togepi, was ghostface, an impressively massive, gleaming gold arbok. it slithered towards their steal, mean eyes sending a glare at the guard and his pokemon while it rose to its full height.

nina grabbed the closest moderately heavy, makeshift projectile and threw it at parker before making a quick dash for the engine.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 15:33:23 GMT
parker jones Avatar
color parker real damn impressed. and not by the terrifying golden-scaled snake that slithers alongside nina. no, it takes a lot for her to keep her curled smile off her face - her brows pull instead, anger settling in the square of her shoulders. 

she stumbles at the wrench nina throws at her, cursing when it smacks right into her calf. she slouches to the side and looks between her two pokemon and the slack-jawed stare of the grunt nina's snake had managed to immobilize. 

perfect

amulius and remus prepare to attack, but parker raises a hand. 

"hey there, babes, but uh, what the fuck? this is my steal." the grunt makes a disgruntled (ha) noise in the back of his throat, fingers twitching. the weight of the arbok's stare keeps him down. 
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 15:14:30 GMT
nina larson Avatar
her bag was swung smoothly back onto her shoulders, eyes barely meeting parker for a quick glance before she went for the prize in question.

”sorry about your luck!”

the engine looked big and heavy as fuck. trying to push it on its hoist would not go well for her in a time-sensitive situation. why hadn’t parker warned her about that? thinking fast, she spun and held another heavy tool over her head like a threat, eyes wild as her chin inclined at parker.

”stay back, bitch!”

her arbok curled around her and the engine, eyes threatening. another pokéball was tossed, releasing a carracosta before she climbed onto the engine where it hung on its chain ala miley cyrus. her makeshift weapon was still held overhead, one hand holding on to steady herself.

”let’s get out of here! go, go, go!”

the snake’s tail curled around one end of the hoist to pull, carracosta pushing from the other side, and they were soon careening precariously through the warehouse towards the exit.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 21:24:17 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker wonders how much of nina's aggressive throes are an act, but whichever way it is, she certainly doesn't mind. it takes all the willpower in the world to keep the rowdy laughter deep in her belly when nina slaps her with a bitch. dirty talk? definitely, definitely not a kink.

the pendulum swings and oh, boy is it a sight for sore eyes. with the arbok thoroughly focused on the task at hand, the ensnared grunt starts to recover his senses. parker tackles him to the ground and gives him a good bash on the head. 

amulius looks toward remus and the lucario shakes its head. there's no more audience for them to act in front of. so parker flees. with her pokemon flanking her, she jogs around the building, using remus to keep an eye on nina's whereabouts.

and if trouble starts to head their way, parker'll step out of the shadows to protect their prize, but she prays they won't have to.

"we didn't make too much of a racket, did we, mul?" she says breathily. the blaziken gives her a so-so wave of his hand.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 18:03:41 GMT
nina larson Avatar
they made their way out of the warehouse, thankfully weighed down enough by hundreds of pounds to not fall over during their wild maneuvering.

when nina caught sight of parker, she made no command to stop. they kept going, headed for nowhere in particular. as she rode on the engine, her fist came up with a middle finger at her pink-haired pursuer. just performing, of course.

”hah hah! you’ll never catch us!”

she had an idea, then. she considered it a moment, and then boldly commanded to the carracosta facing her, ”aqua jet.”

a burst of water out of nowhere propelled them forward at a dangerous velocity. her arbok was scooped over the top of the cart, wrapping around to hold on as nina screamed. she gripped the chains until her knuckles were white.

by the time the three had slowed back down, they were right around the corner from sal’s garage. ghostface unfurled and helped pull the engine rest of the way, while nina very gladly leapt off to go on foot, hair a blown-out mess.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights