474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
pedals to the metal [c/m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 0:40:03 GMT
parker jones Avatar
consider it a hobby. or a wanting, moreover. she's been too damn busy to do anything more than watch on the sidelines - dirt and rubble (and sometimes dried blood) flying sideways from squealing tires. the races move. happen in an instant. but people like her always know where they're going to be. 

they're here to see the carnage. and above it all, the king. the newest champion's been un-fucking-stoppable. all anyone's ever seen is a curling lock of blonde hair from under their sleek black helmet. 

it's not the sea witch. she knows it. ain't been around since their tussle and their drinks thereafter - she tries not to let it get to her. 

fuck me.

riders need a second hand. she's put out some feelers, but no one's really bitten. so it's in her garage - machine oil smeared over her nose, tank stuck to her frame with sweat - when someone answers her call. 

she slides out from under a car that's definitely been marked as salvage at some point in its dreary life. 

"'sup. you nina?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
somewhere between pixie hollow and purgatory
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 6:57:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
thrills. one after another, it seemed like she just couldn’t get enough of them these days. after a couple of near-death experiences, she’d started to get a little bold. maybe she had nine lives. maybe she was just running from fear itself.

she’d answered the call, and she’d wound up at this garage. soon, she would be sliding into the seat of some fancy racecar, zooming around the track at breakneck speed. breakallthebonesinyourbody speed, even. anxiety built. it was the climb to the rush.

when she stepped into the garage, she was not expecting to see the hunk of metal before her. she blinked at it, before her eyes drifted downward to the greasy woman on the floor. the alolan vulpix accompanying her was already at eye level, tilting its head to the side curiously.

”sup,” nina echoed, the word not flowing quite right off her tongue. ”yeah, that’s me. you’re parker?”

a considerable part of her hoped she was in the wrong place. there was something sleek and shiny somewhere down the road—she’d just taken a bad turn.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 5:08:53 GMT
parker jones Avatar
parker raises a brow. the girl's pretty - she'll give her that much - but there damn well ain't nearly enough grit under her nails for an undertaking like this. and imagine her, standing there like she is, looking down at parker under her bucket of rust like someone had just handed her a pile of shit instead of a winning lottery ticket. 

she curls over her knees and jerks her chin to the desk. the blaziken sits leisurely with its feathered legs kicked up on top of a stack of envelopes - some open, most not - and magazines and all other sorts of clutter. he reaches forward and snags the water bottle per parker's request, tossing it while eyeing the vulpix in their midst. 

"the one 'n only," she says and takes a swig. 

"a'right." she stands up, puts her hands on her hips, water bottle hooked with her finger. she stretches out her back, twists, shakes out some of her cramps from being under there, and then leans back down to collect the parts she'd dismantled from the scrap. 

"so...y'ever been in a drift race before? or anything like it?" she grabs an oiled rag with some gloved hands and goes about trying to buff some of the rust out of the parts she'd pulled. 
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 2:17:22 GMT
nina larson Avatar
well, this was definitely just her luck. she suppressed a sigh at the confirmation: this was indeed the parker she was looking for.

and, the seconds longer she spent in the garage, the more she realized this woman probably knew what she was doing. she probably lived with grease on her hands. yet again, nina was out of place, thrown into the deep end to learn how to swim.

she didn’t belong. ’s words echoed in her head. ’s question. even her reflection in the mirror haunted her. this would only serve as further proof, surely.

”no,” she admitted, crossing her arms and still lingering away from the dirt vehicle. she’d never even been to a race before—of any kind.

”but i’m sure it’ll be fine. you seem like you know what you’re doing. i’m a quick learner.” and she was, but in her head, it was a glaring lie.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 3:32:27 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"mul, gimme a hand with this, wouldja?" she tosses some scrap over to the blaziken. the bird turns it over in his hands. smoke curls from his beak and he whistles; a thin stream of flame drenches the metal, quickly turning it white hot. parker leaves him to the task, sauntering around nina to grab a leather bag to toss the parts in. 

"eh," she mutters, really only half-listening. she strings the bag over her shoulder, wipes her hands off as best she can, and goes over to admire amulius' handiwork. the shit ain't new by any means, but damn if it doesn't look good.

"don't sell yourself short here, sweetheart. most people, see, they dunno me, but you?" she pats down her own sides and double-checks the cash in her back pocket. her gaze slips past the twenties and onto nina. "you got a reputation." whispers, really. names get passed around on the bars rocket strangles. 

"think i hit you up just 'cause ya pretty?" that half-grin breaks over parker's face. she tosses the leather bag to nina. "c'mon. we're gonna push the rest o' this shit on some idiots. and then we're gonna steal a nitrous engine."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 4:40:33 GMT
nina larson Avatar
upon first glance, nina had been disgusted; however, she became quickly, increasingly intrigued by parker. dirty, unafraid to get on the ground and covered in shit, tossing scrap metal to a smoking fighting-type… it looked tough. it was something nina desired and constantly failed to attain a feeling of for herself.

the look in her eye shifted subtly with the weight in her hips. she stopped judging, and started watching. when parker looked up from the cash in her hand, her gaze averted, as though caught. it was then immediately pulled back with a pinch in her brow.

”reputation?” there was no force behind the echo, and the thought was thrown aside with the reflexes to catch the bag she was being tossed, and to keep up.

”right. uh… i don’t know what that is.” this was more than she’d signed up for. oh, well. that seemed to be life now. ”let’s do this, i guess.”

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 2:10:48 GMT
parker jones Avatar
"don't think i'm sayin' ya hot shit, cupcake," she says, folding her bills and tucking them under the waistband of her pants. there are a lot of slippery fingers where they're going and parker doesn't have time to deal with bullshit. they're on a time crunch now. with only a few days left to race, they need to finish their car and practice driving it. 

"you get results." some of these other low rankers, like fucking bax, have skid marks all over their files. failed missions, questionable defects, late returns on money, etc. and the only reason parker's privy to that info is 'cause she's usually the one that's gotta go collect. 

win or lose, rocket collects its due. 

parker simpers at her honesty, lips tilting. "fancy engine go fast."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 7:49:30 GMT
nina larson Avatar
nina blinked slowly, pursing her lips a little. cupcake? surprisingly, it was a new one. while pet names didn’t normally bother her, this was a little chafing, considering the situation. yet again, she was being patronized.

at least it was followed up with something validating. she remained quiet, watching, waiting.

then, at parker’s over-simplifying, her brow furrowed indignantly.

”ok. thanks for the explanation.”

rolling her eyes to the ceiling, she huffed. her vulpix watched up at her, and then cast looks between the two in confusion.

”so what now, greaseball?

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 17:48:20 GMT
parker jones Avatar
the venom in her words could kill a man, but it only makes parker laugh. she's cute when she's annoyed. and the indignation bodes well for what parker's gonna need her to do in the future. 

they walk away from the garage and cross a few alleys, eventually coming to a flea market. second-rate homemade pokeballs, trinkets and baubles of varying degrees of craftsmanship, and black market goods hidden among the array - the perfect place to pawn off this garbage. 

"that bag i gave ya? sell the parts off. wave 'em around, work up how shiny they are. don't take less 'an two hundred for the lot. meet ya at the candy stand in thirty, sweetheart."

and with that, she's off to make her own trouble.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 0:37:13 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the noise of sellers and hagglers buzzed. the flea market was bustling as usual. as they arrived, nina pinched the filter of a minty smoke between glittering nails, flicked it away, and followed into the crowd.

she was not expecting to be left there.

”seriously?”

the parts jostled metallically as her arm slackened straight, bag resting against her thigh as she stared after the back of parker’s head until it disappeared. her vulpix touched its nose curiously to the leather in her hand, sniffing, and startled when nina hoisted it back up to dig for an item.

with a heavy sigh, she held it up. it sparkled in a glint of passing sunlight, well-buffed by parker’s skilled hand.

”CAR PARTS. I HAVE CAR PARTS FOR SALE. VERY SHINY, GOOD AS NEW. THREE HUNDRED FOR THE LOT...”

was this what she was here for? if so, she figured, they’d gotten the wrong girl. a salesman, sure, but typically she’d had the opportunity to learn her product. it was especially easy when she was the product. now, this?

”think we need some help.” ’vul.’

she reached for a pokéball, and from a flash of light appeared an egg.

”hello togepi! how are you today?”

grinning down at it as it chirped, nina then scooped the small pokémon up to place it on top of her head. she tickled one of its feet, to be sure to activate its good luck.

and, perhaps luckily, eyes were soon caught.

a dance ensued.

’200.’ ”275.” ’225.’ ”275.” ’250.’ ”deal.”

with several minutes to spare, they’d appear around the corner of the candy stand. togepi was cradled in her arms, the empty leather bag slung over her shoulder, vulpix at her heel, and a wad of cash fatter than requested in her pocket.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 0:53:31 GMT
parker jones Avatar
nina sputters behind her, but parker's already walking away, grinning wolfishly. there's a chance she fails, but the loss ain't that bad, and 'sides, parker needs to know what she's made of. if she can be put on the spot, turned on a dime. and she really does need to get some shit done - a lot more than she can do herself. 

she has to grease quite a few palms to get the information she wants. the engine's under lock and key, of course, and it ain't gonna be easy to get it. and now pink-haired parker, slateport's six, is asking after it. every word that passes paints a bigger target on her back.

that part she knows. 

heard their mechanic's sick. cuttin' it real close to the wire. 

got some guards posted up by the warehouse on third.

ain't these the same guys who lost a few to the champ a couple weeks back? 

no sweeter revenge than winning. 'course, parker thinks it's childish, comparing dick sizes like that. if they really wanted to get even, they'd off the champ themselves. 

but what if it's her? it's not

she exhales, almost growling with annoyance, and rounds the corner of the candy shop. that scowl breaks when she sees nina looking mighty pleased with herself. parker leans to the side and looks over nina's shoulder, really smiling when she sees how empty it is. 

"you get a look at who ya sold it to by any chance?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 3:22:41 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she didn’t catch the scowl on parker’s face as the woman turned around to spot her. it vanished too soon under a passing shadow or a glare of light, replaced with a wide grin. nina furrowed her brow at it a little, but—as much as she tried—was unable to keep the smallest curl from her own lips. was parker impressed? good.

while nina was looking less than friendly, the togepi cradled in her arm easily warmed up to a smiling face. it beamed back at parker, giving it a shrill, joyal shriek like a baby.

”man, yay tall,” she recalled, gesturing. ”dark hair, green eyes, tattoo on his shoulder….” was it ringing a bell? ”greasy, like you…”

her free arm reached for the wad of cash in her back pocket before holding it up towards her roguish accomplice.

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 22:50:02 GMT
parker jones Avatar
oh, perfect. roger's a cheapskate and someone she's had to knock down doors to get to on a few occasions. winning the pot would be big for him and rather than invest in some good parts, he's looking for a quick grab from a babe he's assuming doesn't know her shit. 

idiot. but that's why they do what they do - at the end of the day, it's real damn easy to take advantage of men and their stupidity. 

parker opens the door to the sweet shop, about to politely let nina walk in before her, but then she snickers and shoots a hand out to bar the doorframe. "look, cupcake. you wanna do this? be partners? there's gotta be an ounce of respect here. so enough with this 'grease' shit 'fore i shove that silver fuckin' spoon that's in your mouth down your throat."

besides, she's not that bad. she showers. every few days. (shit, maybe 's right?)
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-three
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
pending
executive
136 height
136 height
awards
672 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 2:50:40 GMT
nina larson Avatar
her brow furrowed. parker had started the cupcake thing first, but she didn’t bother bringing it up. maybe it was better than greaseball, but still.

”silver spoon? that’s what you think?”

a frown twisted, and she stared daggers.

”obviously, i want to do this, or i wouldn't be here.”

as she moved past parker, she pushed the wad of cash into her hand with a huff. vulpix still followed at her feet, casting a meek glance up towards parker, but its attention was soon stolen by the delicious smells of the sweet shop.

nina pondered to herself. why were they here? was this where criminal racecar drivers hung out? seemed kind of odd, but she wouldn’t question it out loud.
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 22:02:28 GMT
parker jones Avatar
if looks could kill. parker drops the hand and makes a face, but it still doesn't have the venom of nina's. and that, after a beat, makes her grin again. i think i like this one. she doesn't press the matter any further, just gestures grandiosely for nina to step inside. 

parker follows after her and unrolls the cash, counting it quickly. surprise lights her up and she thinks, yeah, definitely like this one. nina's gonna be more than cut out for the scheme she's cooked up. 

no, this isn't some place that hardened criminals happen to skulk around. y'know, 'cept this one. the shop has a tiny storefront; it's brimming with glass containers, little baggies with scoops by the side. the owner isn't behind the service counter when they walk in, but a sleepy chimecho by the register gives a little waggle of her head.

an older man pops a head out from the back and grins when he sees parker. the bruiser, meanwhile, is filling up a small baggy with some sweettarts and jolly ranchers.

"sal, meet nina. she's gonna help me steal that engine i told y'bout," she says nonchalantly and winks at nina. 

"ohhh, well. it's a pleasure, miss nina. i'm still moving some boxes out of the way, so you girls take your time." 

he disappears back behind the counter and parker pops a blue raspberry in her mouth. "sweet guy. you'll like 'im, i think. c'mon." she flips the sign out front to closed and snicks the lock, turns her head to the 'employees only' room.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights